Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
In competitive markets, recruiting the right technology leader has become a potent differentiator in guiding success. Technology companies and corporations rely on our unparalleled experience as a CTO recruiter to help them accelerate innovation and transform their organizations.
The role can be a mix of the following responsibilities, in addition to the position’s standing within the executive leadership team:
- External relationship holder and evangelist to customers, partners, conferences and analysts
- Evangelist to the company and board of directors
- Emerging Technology
- All technology development, cloud and infrastructure
- M&A, partnerships and deep customer integrations
- Vendor management
- Product management
Depending on the context and the breadth of the role, titles for a head of technology can also be SVP, Engineering [and Operations] or SVP, Software Development, or a variety of other combinations. We help you define precisely what it is you are looking for based on your objectives and needs.
Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
Cybersecurity threats have grown exponentially, especially in the wake of the global pandemic and a remote workforce that is not always optimally protected. Attacks constantly evolve and are increasingly sophisticated. Phishing, malware, ransomware, Trojan horses, DDoS, brute force, and other attack types present a strategic enterprise risk, not just a technology risk. These cybersecurity concerns can keep board members up at night.
Vell recruits CISOs who can successfully manage today’s vast array of operational, reputational and monetary risks. We will help you find a CISO who can develop and implement an information security strategy and framework that makes sense for your organization.
Chief Digital Officer (CDO)
Chief Digital Officers drive massive and disruptive change in the organization, including playing a key role in the definition and implementation of an optimal business model. Digital, social, mobile, IoT, analytics and cloud technologies are enablers of the model and can drive incredible changes that differentiate your company.
We recruit digitally savvy transformative leadership to turbocharge your digital transformation into a next-generation enterprise.
Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Our team of CIO search professionals works closely with our clients to develop individualized recruitment strategies that deliver results and elevate your organization to its fullest potential.
The roles a CIO can play are many and vary case by case. Key responsibilities often include:
- Business leader who "sits at the table" and deeply understands the needs of the business
- Chief Innovation Officer
- Chief Plumbing Officer (Infrastructure and Cloud)
- Shared Services Owner
- Chief Digital Officer: the CIO plays a highly proactive role in leading the digital transformation amongst the C-suite and board of directors
- Security Officer: cybersecurity and the CISO sometimes reports to the CIO
Digitally Savvy Board of Directors
Having a digitally savvy board is a key financial performance indicator for your company’s short- and long-term performance. The specific type of digital expertise required varies board by board based on different factors and strategic imperatives. This essential expertise often includes:
- Business model transformation: sometimes to a “Platform ecosystem”
- Analytics and insights: big data, analytics and AI
- Emerging technologies, such as blockchain, cognitive computing, intelligence, AR/VR and IoT
- Core/legacy systems transformation/modernization
- Security and privacy
- Cloud transformations, migrations, multi-cloud, cloud-native
- Improving the customer experience or even customer board members
- Ecosystem partner or participant
- Business/digital transformation
- Technology strategy
Cloud Infrastructure Leader
Many organizations retain at least some on-premises infrastructure. But public, private and hybrid cloud migrations are accelerating. New cloud-native applications are also on the rise. Cloud and infrastructure leaders often must navigate a complex environment that can be multicloud, mission critical, global, and hyperscale — and are expected to deliver high availability, performance and resiliency.
Vell has the capacity to understand your unique cloud and infrastructure fingerprint. We will help you recruit the right executive who can successfully drive your optimal cloud agenda forward.
Data, Analytics and AI Leader
Data and analytics leaders, including Chief Data Officers or Chief Analytics Officers, help companies disrupt, innovate and stay ahead of competitors by transforming the business with data and analytics. Becoming a data-driven organization starts with developing a comprehensive strategy around the use of data and analytics.
Vell recruits leaders who can formulate and implement a strategy that creates a system of insight for organizations using a blend of analytics, artificial intelligence and data science.