Diversity Executive Search
Vell Executive Search has a longstanding track record of success as a diversity recruiting firm. You can count on us for the experience, diverse talent access and data-driven approach you would expect from a larger search firm. But as a boutique firm, we are free from the onerous off-limits restrictions that can prevent you from accessing the top diverse executives who have the experience and skillsets you need.
In today’s hypercompetitive landscape for diverse executive and board talent, Vell is uniquely positioned and has a proven track record in delivering exceptional results.
An Inclusive Search Process
Vell Executive Search has decades of experience identifying and recruiting diversity candidates for board and senior technology leadership positions. Our approach to diversity recruiting includes:
- Data-driven processes that mitigate bias in hiring and significantly improve outcomes for women, people of color, LGBTQ executives, people with disabilities and other traditionally underrepresented groups.
- Innovative thinking that considers potential as well as experience and skills that complement your in-house expertise to provide unconventional yet valuable candidate options.
- Diversity searches and interviews led only by senior search consultants who are trained in competency-based interviewing, employment law and diversity awareness.
- Post-hire check-ins with clients and placements to assist in ongoing executive integration and development.
- Continuous tracking and mentorship of diverse senior technology talent of all genders, nationalities, racial and ethnic groups, sexual orientations, and physical abilities.
Our Commitment to Diversity
For some executive search firms, diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) represent a promising new line of business. At Vell Executive Search, we have been doing diversity searches for decades and DE&I are core values that inform everything we do. We are a NWBOC-certified Woman Business Enterprise (WBE). Our team is majority female and ethnically diverse.
Our international team also leads with a multicultural mindset. These values were instilled in our CEO Dora Vell at an early age as the trilingual daughter of a diplomat who grew up in Canada, Greece, France, Switzerland and China. Before focusing on executive search, she demonstrated the benefits of corporate diversity in the male-dominated software field, rising through the ranks during an 11-year career at IBM to manage a large software engineering team and a software sales organization.
Our professional networks encompass all of today’s top board and executive technology talent, including a deep understanding of today’s diverse talent pool that many firms lack. We can connect you with leaders who embody diversity in all its forms, including talent across all gender identities, ethnicities, cognitive and physical abilities, national origins, sexual orientations and career experiences.
Why is Recruiting for Diversity Important?
Recruiting diversity candidates should be a priority for any organization that values success. Because it is well-established that diverse teams perform better by offering more innovative thinking, broader perspectives and viewpoints that better represent the markets and audiences they serve.
The data is clear: Your business will benefit from building a diverse team, and from partnering with firms like Vell that exhibit diversity in their ranks.
Racial and gender diversity and increasing representation of historically under-represented and under-resourced groups is essential. It can advance your operational success as well as investor perceptions of your organization.
Cognitive diversity is also critical. In our board work, we help corporate boards expand beyond traditional industry experience, senior leadership experience and financial expertise. We will collaborate with you to formulate creative solutions that bolster your board expertise in the areas that matter most to your organization.
Whether you want to add expertise in strategy, digital media, information technology, marketing, cybersecurity or other areas, we can help you achieve the diversity of experience in your board that can provide a critical competitive advantage.
Diversity Organizations and Initiatives We Support
Vell Executive Search works tirelessly to promote diversity, inclusion and equity through initiatives and partnerships that include:
- Investing in and publishing diversity research
- Working with the Athena Alliance to coach women executives on how to get on boards
- Partnering with The Boston Club in its work to advance women leaders
- Leading discussions on International Women in Math Day
- Offering regular career counseling and advice to women, people of color and LGBTQ executives
- Supporting LGBTQ organizations that include PFLAG, Fenway Health Leaders in LGBTQ health research and the MTPC
- Numerous pro-bono searches for nonprofit charities to increase diverse board representation
- Dora Vell has been a National Association of Corporate Directors Fellow and participates in discussions on a variety of governance topics, including diversity.
Diversity Thought Leadership
We report the latest news on diverse candidates in technology in our various monthly blogs and newsletters, including Women on Boards, Open CEO Roles & Appointments and Open CIO/CTO/CISO Roles & Appointments.