Key responsibilities include:
1. Overall Architectural Direction:
- Own the end to end architecture of this e-payment, cloud storage and digital delivery consumer facing platform
- Ensure the architecture of the system is optimized for performance, quality, and cost in the Cloud and as it relates to the end to end service
- Select new platforms and technologies as the offering evolves for both consumers and mailers
2. Understand and link Business Requirements to Technical Requirements
3. Leading Edge World Class Web Development
- Manage the development of a consumer facing high volume e-payments web property with connectivity to an enterprise back-end. This team will initially be small and grow as the consumer service grows
- Work in close partnership with the corporate engineering team that delivers connectivity to the Mailers
- Integrate the platform with peer to peer third parties & others
- Recommend, prepare and drive the implementation of policies, standards, procedures and guidelines
- Further the implementation of agile/scrum development process
4. Architect, integrate and evolve a High Volume Highly Scalable end to end Consumer facing e-Payments Web Property
5. Manage the Infrastructure & Hosting configuration:
- Manage the SLAs for the operational infrastructure for both consumers and mailers
- Ensure that the hosting configuration design is sound and meet all the company requirements, through oversight and input
- Ensuring the infrastructure and operations run 7x24 with near 100% up-time
6. Vendor Management:
- Develop a deep understanding of the vendor landscape and negotiate with the appropriate existing and new vendors
- Primary liaison to all technology vendors, including operations, hosting, development platforms and application providers
- Have relationships with and understand the optimal and state-of-the-art vendor ecosystem and ensure that the company is using these.
- Contribute to the management of the business as a whole. More than a technology strategist, the position is looking for a solid business perspective to be brought to the technology matters and to assist in the overall strategy for the division.
- The executive will be a key member of a small senior management team and will be expected to “sit at the table”.
- Contribute to bringing new approaches and new skills to a successful company expanding into new, consumer-facing web businesses.
It is essential that the technology scale with the ever increasing volume of consumers and data requirements as well as handle additional future functionality, such as a CRM system, and be able to interface with enterprise systems.
The essence of this job is about assessing current talent, retaining and building that talent pool in a high growth division, while working collaboratively with the engineering division and the other teams to ensure that the connectivity to mailers and SLAs to the more traditional environments are met.
Functional Experience – Web Architecture & Web Development Management
- Technology Leadership Experience: 20 + years of growing technology management responsibilities with at least ten years as the head of a technology organization.
- Organization Scalability: Demonstrated ability to scale an organization beyond 125 people
- Strong technical understanding: Experience managing a group of web architects or CTOs
- Recent leading edge experience and understanding in the latest web development tools & methodologies, including CQ5 or other Content Management software and agile/scrum development, CDNs and Cloud Hosting.
- Recruitment: Ability to attract, recruit and integrate new people into the organization.
Domain Experience: Highly Scalable Consumer Facing E-Payments Web Property
- Successful experience of building and architecting (1) a highly scalable, (2) Consumer facing web-property
- Successful experience building an e-payments or related web property
- High Scalability Web Experience: Successful experience running a high scale operations organization delivering a web-based application
Domain Experience: with Business Analysis and translating customer requirements to technical requirements
Functional Experience: Hosting Configuration & Infrastructure Management
- Experience configuring a service in the Cloud, with performance, cost and quality requirements
- Experience in leading a mixed operational team (Company, Corporate and Vendor) including budgeting, capacity planning, platform evaluation, security, redundancy, and monitoring for a fast growing business
- Has leadership experience & drive to lead and bring technology advantage to market dominance
- Ability to interact and work co-operatively with various stakeholders
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Has to be able to operate independently and yet operate in the company’s culture [Ideally, this individual will have large & small company experience or have grown an innovative division within a larger company]
- An undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Experience and ability to influence senior management and key stakeholders
- Provides leadership and guidance to staff and team members
- Supports organizational goals & directives.
- Communications Skills – strong written and verbal communications skills. Ability to communicate complex design issues and recommendations in a concise manner to facilitate senior management’s understanding and approval.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment
- Flexibility to grow and change
- Pride in delivering the impossible on time and on budget
- Business Judgment – Evaluates relevant facts and situations; determines alternatives; assesses alternatives; recommends (or takes when appropriate) sound action.
For Further Details Please Contact
Dora Vell 617-416-9088 (cell) or 781-416-4088 (direct)