Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Technology Officer will be responsible for:
Technology Vision and Strategy and Alignment with Business Objectives
- Creating and defining the company’s long-term technology strategy, vision, and direction. The CTO’s responsibility is to align technology vision with business strategy by integrating company processes with the appropriate technologies
- Conduct research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable in regards to industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations.
- Continually enhancing the company’s service offerings and customer-centric solutions.
- Expert solicitation of customer and market insight to define roadmap; and at identifying new business opportunities; this individual maintains a focus on market technology shifts the company’s competitive advantage would be improved by or conversely negatively impacted by in the case of a failure to respond to, in a timely way.
Evangelizing Internally and Externally
- This executive will effectively and passionately communicate both the vision and the value of the company’s technology, as well as the direction as the company’s lead technology evangelist, both internally, and externally.
- Further the CTO will be capable of public relations programs that build on the company’ s image in the market place to involve technology white papers, by lined articles and keynotes
Strategy & Planning
- Lead strategic technological planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies and partnerships.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to develop and maintain a technology plan that supports organizational needs.
- Develop and communicate business/technology alignment plans to executive team, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Assist in the development of a product management, product marketing process where the end design institutionalizes the company’ s ability to field commercial quality software products and services.
Mergers & Acquisitions & Deployment
The CTO will play a key role in investigating M&A opportunities for sound technical benefit or indicating a lack there of as the case may be. It goes without saying this is a leadership role within the company and senior leadership team and all actions will be in support of information operations and core company values. More specifically, the CTO’s responsibilities in the M&A process:
- Recognize and either develop or acquire new technologies and innovative product opportunities, before the rest of the market.
- Play a key role in the technical direction of merger and acquisition activity, in partnership with the Chief Legal Officer and the Chief Strategy Officer.
- Assessing and communicating risks associated with technology-related investments and purchases.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for technology spending and initiatives beyond the day to day operations but relating directly to maintaining a market leadership position.
- Define requirements for new technology implementations and communicate them to key business stakeholders.
Required Skills & Experience
Functional Experience: Technology Visionary
- The successful candidate will be a proven technology leader, with a track record of innovation and development of highly competitive solutions
- The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded businessperson, whose background includes operating and general management expertise in addition to deep technical expertise.
- He/she will have the ability to visualize future products, and ensure that leading-edge solutions are available to customers, ahead of the competition. Proven ability to understand the potential in a broad range of technologies and apply them to capitalize on market trends and evolving customer demands.
Functional Experience: M&A
- Experience with a mix of aggressive organic growth and M&A is highly desirable
- A demonstrated track record of identifying new technologies for both internal development and for acquisition.
Functional Experience: Evangelist & Stakeholder Communications
- Proven ability to evangelize technology direction in various conferences, through white papers and to customers/stakeholders is strongly desired
- Ability to work with key board members is essential
Functional Experience: Size of company
- Ability to work in a mid-sized company is strongly desired, ie $200m to $2 billion or a combination of small and large companies is preferred.
Domain/Industry Experience: Software / SaaS /Mobile/ Automotive
- Experience with a SaaS / Software / Mobile applications
- Experience with the automotive industry and understanding of trends
Technical Depth with a Business Orientation
- The successful executive will be have deep technical roots, and be able to understand the nature of the solutions being delivered and these solutions entail
- An ability to learn new technologies and technical trends quickly
- An ability to connect technical opportunities to the strategy and the bottom line is essential
- University degree in the field of computer science and or business administration. Master’s or PhD. degree in Computer Science preferred.
- This individual must be located in the regional area.
- He/she must understand how to cultivate key stakeholder relationships.
- Engenders trust and respect through competence, thoughtfulness and substance.
- Collegial interpersonal skills - articulate communicator and an excellent listener.
- High integrity - moral ethics.
- Superb leadership, communication and interpersonal skills; an ability to function in a collaborative and collegial environment; sensitivity to others; high integrity and intelligence; excellent judgment; a conceptual thinker - strategic and well as pragmatic; and an ability to generate trust and build alliances with co-workers.
For Further Details Please Contact
Dora Vell 617-416-9088 (cell) or 781-416-4088 (direct)