- Apple elected Susan L. Wagner, 53, founding partner and director of BlackRock, to board. While, Bill Campbell, 73, former CEO of Intuit, and the board’s longest-serving member, retired after 17 years of service.
- AT&T addedSilver Lake Co-Founder.Glenn Hutchins, 58,
- SS&C Technologies Holdings named Michael J. Zamkow, former Goldman Sachs partner, to its Board.
- Palo Alto Networks board added Stanley J. Meresman, 67, former Venture Partner with Technology Crossover Ventures
CEO/ COO/ President/ GMs
From the large company changes above, Microsoft added Western Wireless’ former CEO and Visa’s CEO, in addition to two others. Google’s newest board member is the former CEO of Ford Motor. Qualcomm added Unilever’s COO, HP Chair & CEO of Alcoa, eBay added the Chair, CVS and former Chair & CEO of AT&T, VMWare added the former CEO, Akamai, Yahoo! added the Chair of Charles Schwab Corporation, and former CEO of WalMart, InfoSys adds a biotech Chair/CEO, Citrix added two CEOs former CEO of Ariba, and the CEO of a biotech, formerly of IBM TJ Watson Research, Microsoft and Symantec.
- IBM expands board to 14 with the appointments of Alex Gorsky, 54, Chairman and CEO of Johnson & Johnson; and Peter R. Voser, 54, retired CEO of Royal Dutch Shell.
- Intel’s board added Aneel Bhusri, 48, co-founder and CEO of Workday
- ADP Michael Gregoire, 47, CEO, CA joins the board. Former Chair/CEO of Taleo.
- Salesforce also named Susan Wojcicki, 46, CEO of YouTube, to its Board
- FiServ’s Dan Kearney, 74, is named Fiserv’s new Chairman, following the retirement of 19 year board member Don Dillon, 74. Fiserv Appoints Investor and Managing Partner of Fifth Era Alison Davis, 52, as Director
- Red Hat Appoints GE exec to Board GE Veteran Charlene Begley, 47, former CEO, GE Home and Business Solutions joins the board, while UC San Diego Chancellor, Marye Anne Fox, Ph.D., 66 is stepping off the board.
- Blackbaud appointed Peter (Pete) Kight, 57, founder, and former chairman and CEO of CheckFree, to its Board of Directors
- TIBCO appointed three to its board, prior to the acquisition by Vista Equity Partners: Manuel Fernandez, 68, former Chairman and CEO of Gartner. David West, 51, current CEO Big Heart Pet Brands, and formerly of Del Monte Foods Company, The Hershey Company, and Nabisco Holdings. Phillip Fernandez, 54, a visionary in marketing and cloud technology and co-founder, chairman and CEO of Marketo.
- LogMeIn has named Steven Chambers, 52, most recently President, Worldwide Sales and Marketing, at Nuance Communications and Marilyn Matz, 60, CEO and Co-Founder of Paradigm4, to the company's board. Hilary Schneider, 53, President, Lifelock resigned from the board
- SaaS Provider Fleetmatics Appoints HubSpot CEO, Brian Halligan, 46, and Intuit VP & GM, Allison Mnookin, 43, and Vince de Palma, CEO Shred-IT, to its Board.
- Monotype Imaging’s Chairman Changes and Beefs up Board with Ad Exec: Robert L. Lentz, 63, former CEO, Digital Reef has been appointed chairman. Monotype cofounder and former CEO, Robert M. Givens, 69, retired to be chairman emeritus. Gay Warren Gaddis, 58, founder and CEO of the advertising agency, T3 (The Think Tank), is Monotype’s latest board member.
Yahoo added one of the founders of Yahoo to its board.
- Intuit adds Richard L. Dalzell,57, former Amazon CIO
- Akamai Appoints former Goldman Sachs CIO and long-time technology executive, Steven M. Scopellite, 48, to board
- Iron Mountain’s board added Jennifer Allerton, 62, former CIO at Roche’s Pharma Division, joins Board.Vincent J. Ryan, 78, one of Iron Mountain’s founders, who served on the company’s board since prior to the IPO in 1995, retires.
- Splunk appointed recently retired eBay CTO Mark Carges, 52, to board.
In addition to the Microsoft board announcement adding Kraft Foods CFO to its board,
- Palo Alto Networks board added Michael Lehman, 64, former CFO of Palo Alto Networks
- Solera Holdings, the provider of software and services for the automobile claims industry, elected couple of high ranking former CFOs Patrick D. Campbell, 62, retired CFO of 3M, and Michael Lehman, 64, former CFO of Palo Alto Networks and Sun Microsystems to board.
- AT&T also added former Chairman, FCC and U.S. Ambassador to the EU, William Kennard, 57.
- ServiceNow appointed two new board members: Susan Bostrom, 53, former EVP and CMO of Cisco; and Anita Sands, 38, UBS Financial Services’ veteran executive
- Salesforce.com Appoints Gen. Colin Powell, 77, as Director for More Public Sector Focus
- Cisco saw Salesforce CEO Marc Russell Benioff, 50, leave.
- Former EducationDynamics and Sallie Mae CEO Thomas Anderson, 51, resigns from Constant Contact’s Board.
- Riverbed Technology, the WAN optimization company loses Microsoft CEO Nadella as Board Member, and appoints sales execs
- Warburg Pincus MD and Partner Patrick T. Hackett, 53, leaves Nuance’s board, amidst disappointing results. Activist shareholder Carl Icahn owns about 19 of the stock. There were rumours earlier this year of a Samsung acquisition, but these have died down
- Nicholas G. Moore, 72, former Global Chair and CEO of PwC and Coopers & Lybrand, and NetApp board member since 2002 and Lead Independent Director since 2009 is retiring.
Women Board Appointments
Tech companies appointed 14 women on boards out of 49 total appointments covered. The functional breakdown is as follows: Investment (2), CEO/GM (8), CIO (1), CFO (1), Other (CMO, and Financial Services Exec).
- Apple, founding partner and director of BlackRock, to board
- Fiserv Appoints Investor and Managing Partner of Fifth Era Alison Davis, 52, as Director
CEOs / GMs
- Increased Leadership - HP - Whitman Chairman in addition to her CEO role. Pat Russo, lead independent director
- InfoSys - the Chairman & Managing Director of Biocon, a biotechnology company.
- Red Hat former CEO, GE Home and Business Solutions joins the board
- LogMeIn appointed a big data CEO
- Fleetmatics appointed an Intuit Executive, with strong product roots
- Jive’s named President and iCEO, while the board conducts a search
- Ixia CEO - Bethany Mayer, 47, SVP networking equipment. joined Ixia as CEO.
CIOs: Iron Mountain former CIO at Roche’s Pharma Division
CFO: Microsoft - Kraft CFO
- ServiceNow appointed two women - former EVP and CMO of Cisco; and UBS Financial Services’ veteran executive
- Monotype - CEO of ad agency, T3.
For more information, please see the full 2015 Update