The geographies with the most appointments are:
- West Pacific: 73
- Northeast and Mid Altantic: 50
- South Altantic: 40
- Canada: 21
The geographies with the most open roles:
- Northeast and Mid Atlantic: 10
- West Pacific: 9
- Canada: 7
- West Mountain: 6
Reasons for CFO Changes of Note
- Akamai Technologies announced a planned transition in leadership within the Company's finance organization.
- Veeva Systems announced that CFO, Tim Cabral, is retiring in 2020.
- Roku’s CFO Steve Louden plans to step down after helping the company hire his successor.
- Arthur Gitajn, EVP, CFO of Ceridian HCM Holding, notified the Company of his intent to retire as CFO on December 2020 following the appointment of a successor.
- Avalara announced that its CFO, Bill Ingram, will retire in March 2020.
- Sierra Wireless announced that after 16 years of dedicated service as CFO, Dave McLennan has decided to retire. By providing a lengthy notice period, Dave will be assisting in the company’s transition to a new CFO.
- Instructure announced that Steve Kaminsky, CFO, will retire in 2020.
M&A / Spin-offs / Funding
- Symantec officially renamed itself NortonLifeLock last year after the company completed its sale of the Symantec brand and enterprise cybersecurity business to Broadcom as part of a $10.7 billion deal. Vincent Pilette, NortonLifeLock's EVP and CFO, has been appointed CEO. The company has commenced a search process to identify a permanent CFO.
- LogMeIn’s CFO and Treasurer, Edward K. Herdiech, notified the Company of his decision to retire in 2020, after an acquisition of the company by Francisco Partners.
- Global Payments announced that it has completed its merger with TSYS. Paul Todd became Senior EVP and CFO.
- Nuance Communications, a leading provider of conversational AI, announced that it has completed the spin-off of Cerence. The company named Mark Gallenberger as CFO.
- Rudolph Technologies and Nanometrics merged to form Onto Innovation. Rudolph CFO Steven Roth was named CFO of the combined company.
- DocuTAP and Practice Velocity announced their merger to form Experity and the appointment of DocuTAP CFO Rob Rueckl as Experity's CFO.
- Vector Capital announced the completion of its acquisition of Aspect Software and Chris DeBiase was named CFO.
- SparkCognition's $100 Million Series C financing round followed by appointment of a new CFO.
Sudden Resignations Related to Company Losses and Leadership Turbulences
- Expedia Group announced the resignation of CFO Alan Pickerill. The departures is the result of disagreement between the board and the upper management with the company’s strategy as it attempted to reorganize its brands in the past year. According to the announcement “this reorganization, while sound in concept, resulted in a material loss of focus on our current operations, leading to disappointing third quarter results and a lackluster near-term outlook”.
- GTT Communications’ CFO departed the company as the company is embarking on a non-strategic asset sell-off to reduce its debt after a host of acquisitions in recent years, some of which have proved troublesome to integrate.
- Overstock.com’s CFO Gregory J. Iverson resigned in September as the Company posted a string of money-losing quarters over the past year and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is investigating part of its crypto business.
Sources of CFO Appointments
183 out of 231 CFOs appointed were sourced externally
Hope you enjoy this newsletter and find it useful. Suggestions and corrections are most welcome and appreciated.
Thanks again and all the best,
Vell Executive Search is a retained executive search firm that specializes in recruiting technology execs for boards and executive roles, including Board Members, CEOs, Presidents, GMs, CTOs/Chief Digital Officers/VP Engineering, SVP Sales, Chief Revenue Officers, CMOs, and CFOs. Vell has built a reputation for recruiting talented high-performing leadership teams globally. www.vell.com.
In this Edition
Open Tech CFO Roles: United States, Canada
Tech CFO Appointments: United States, Canada
Vell Executive Search Representative Placements: Board, CEOs, GMs, CTOs, CFOs, SVP Sales, SVP, Marketing, CIOs, Chief Digital Officers
About Vell Executive Search
Open Tech CFO Roles
Open Tech CFO Roles - United States
Northeast & Mid-Atlantic:
- Massachusetts: LogMeIn, Cognex Corporation, Monotype Imaging, Care.com
- New York: ExlService Holdings, Veeco Instruments, Helios and Matheson Analytics, Cemtrex, Pareteum Corporation
- Pennsylvania: USA Technologies
- Minnesota: Ceridian HCM Holding
- Illinois: Cars.com, Westell Technologies
- Virginia: GTT Communications
- Arizona: NortonLifeLock (fka. Symantec)
- Utah: Overstock.com, Vivint Smart Home, Instructure
- Nevada: Rimini Street
- Colorado: Riot Blockchain
- Washington: Expedia Group
- California: Xilinx, Veeva Systems, Roku, Yelp, Sonim Technologies, Airgain, MoSys, The Crypto Company
Northeast & Mid-Atlantic Open Tech CFO Roles
- LogMeIn, MA, Oct 2019 - LogMeIn announced that the Company’s CFO and Treasurer, Edward K. Herdiech, notified the Company of his decision to retire in 2020 at a date to be determined. LogMeIn provides a portfolio of cloud-based communication and collaboration, identity and access, and customer engagement and support solutions.
- ExlService Holdings, NY, Dec 2019 - ExlService Holdings announced that Pavan Bagai, who has served as the company’s President and COO since 2012, has been appointed Interim CFO until the appointment by the Board of a permanent CFO. Mr. Bagai will continue to serve as the Company’s President and COO. Mr. Bagai assumes the CFO role from Vishal Chhibbar, who resigned to pursue other interests. ExlService Holdings provides operations management and analytics services.
- Cognex Corporation, MA, Apr 2019 - Cognex designated Laura MacDonald, VP and Corporate Controller, as the company's principal financial officer and principal accounting officer on an interim basis. Ms. MacDonald will be assuming such roles from John J. Curran, SVP of Finance & Administration and CFO of the Company, who resigned. The company is in search for a new CFO. Cognex provides machine vision products that capture and analyze visual information in order to automate tasks primarily in manufacturing processes.
- Veeco Instruments, NY, Dec 2019 - Veeco Instruments announced Shubham Maheshwari, Veeco’s EVP, CFO and COO, resigned, in conjunction with Veeco’s general efforts to reduce cost and de-layer the organization, and to move back to the west coast with his family. Veeco Instruments develops, manufactures, sells, and supports semiconductor and thin film process equipment primarily to make electronic devices.
- Monotype Imaging, MA, Jun 2019 - Monotype Imaging announced that Anthony Callini stepped down as EVP and CFO to serve as CFO at a private company. Christopher Brooks, Monotype’s SVP, Finance will assume the role of CFO on an interim basis until a permanent successor is named. Monotype Imaging Holdings develops, markets, and licenses technologies and fonts.
- Care.com, MA, Sep 2019 - Care.com announced that Michael Echenberg resigned as the Company’s EVP and CFO. The company elected Michael Goss, who had previously served as the Company’s VP of Finance, to serve as the Company’s acting CFO. Care.com operates an online marketplace for finding and managing family care.
- Helios and Matheson Analytics, NY, Mar 2019 - Helios and Matheson Analytics appointed Robert Damon, CPA to serve as interim CFO and Secretary. Mr. Damon is currently President of Damon Strategic Consulting and has been working as a consultant to the Company. Stuart Benson resigned as CFO and Secretary of the company. Helios and Matheson Analytics provides a range of IT solutions to Fortune 1000 companies and other organizations.
- USA Technologies, PA, Jan 2019 - USA Technologies announced that Glen Goold has been appointed interim CFO. Mr. Goold has served as a consultant to USA Technologies since October 2018. Priyanka Singh resigned as CFO of USA Technologies. USA Technologies provides wireless networking, cashless transactions, asset monitoring, and other value-added services.
- Cemtrex, NY, Oct 2019 - Cemtrex appointed Mr. Aron Govil to act as CFO. Mr. Govil was previously serving as interim CFO. Cemtrex primarily provides electronic manufacturing services.
- Pareteum Corporation, NY, Nov 2019 - Pareteum has appointed Laura W. Thomas as Interim CFO. Laura will succeed Ted O'Donnell whose status with the company is under review. Ms. Thomas currently serves as Chairman of Delta Dental of Virginia and is a member of the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD). Pareteum Corporation operates a communications cloud services platform in Europe and internationally.
Open Tech CFO Roles in US Midwest Region
- Ceridian HCM Holding, MN, Nov 2019 - Arthur Gitajn, EVP, CFO of Ceridian HCM Holding, notified the Company of his intent to retire as CFO on December 31, 2020 following the appointment of a successor. Ceridian HCM Holding operates as a human capital management (HCM) software company in the United States and internationally.
- Cars.com, IL, Dec 2019 - Cars.com announced the resignation of Becky Sheehan, CFO. The Company has appointed Jandy Tomy, VP of Treasury and Investor Relations, to serve as interim CFO. A prominent search firm has been retained to fill the permanent CFO position. Cars.com operates as a digital automotive marketplace that connects car shoppers with sellers and original equipment manufacturers.
- Westell Technologies, IL, Aug 2019 - Westell Technologies appointed Jeniffer L. Jaynes as the Company's interim CFO. As contemplated in connection with his planned resignation, which was previously reported, Thomas P. Minichiello, former SVP, CFO, Treasurer and Secretary of the Company, resigned. The Company has been conducting a search for a new CFO and is in the process of identifying candidates. Westell Technologies designs and distributes telecommunications products to telephone companies in the United States.
Open Tech CFO Roles in South Atlantic Region
- GTT Communications, VA, Aug 2019 - Mike Sicoli, CFO, left the company and Dan Fraser was named iCFO. GTT Communications provides cloud networking services to multinational enterprises, carriers, and government customers in the United States, Europe, and internationally.
Open Tech CFO Roles in US West
- NortonLifeLock (fka. Symantec), AR, Nov 2019 - Vincent Pilette, NortonLifeLock's EVP and CFO, has been appointed CEO. Matthew Brown, NortonLifeLock's VP and CAO, has been appointed Interim CFO. The company has commenced a search process to identify a permanent CFO. Symantec officially renamed itself NortonLifeLock last year after the company completed its sale of the Symantec brand and enterprise cybersecurity business to Broadcom as part of a $10.7 billion deal.
- Overstock.com, UT, Sep 2019 - Gregory J. Iverson, CFO (principal financial officer and principal accounting officer) of Overstock.com, notified the company of his resignation. The Company appointed Robert P. Hughes, as Acting CFO of the Company. Since April 2018, Mr. Hughes, served as the CFO of DeSoto Inc., and later President of Medici Land Governance, the company's indirectly-held subsidiaries. Overstock.com operates as an online retailer in the United States and internationally.
- Vivint Smart Home, UT, Oct 2019 - The leading smart home company,'s CFO Mark Davies stepped down and Dale R. Gerard, SVP, finance and treasurer, is now interim CFO.
- Rimini Street, NV, Nov 2019 - Thomas Sabol resigned as CFO and appointed Stanley Mbugua, Group VP and CAO, as the interim CFO. Rimini Street provides enterprise software products and services for various industries.
- Instructure, UT, Oct 2019 - Steve Kaminsky, CFO, will retire in 2020 after 8 years, when a replacement is found. Instructure provides applications for learning, assessment, and performance management through a SaaS business model worldwide.
- Riot Blockchain, CO, Aug 2019 - CEO Jeffrey McGonegal is taking the interim CFO role after Robby Chang left. Riot Blockchain focuses on building, supporting, and operating Blockchain technologies.
- Expedia Group, WA, Dec 2019 - Expedia Group announced the resignation of CFO Alan Pickerill. Eric Hart, the Company's Chief Strategy Officer, will serve as acting CFO.
- Xilinx, CA, Sep 2019 - Lorenzo Flores, CFO, is stepping down. Sumeet Gagneja, Corporate VP, Finance and Corporate Controller, was named CAO and, Matt Poirier, SVP, Corporate Development and Investor Relations, will take on treasury. Xilinx designs and develops programmable devices and associated technologies worldwide.
- Veeva Systems, CA, Aug 2019 - CFO Tim Cabral, is retiring in 2020. Veeva Systems provides cloud-based software for the life sciences industry.
- Roku, CA, Dec 2019 - CFO Steve Louden plans to step down after helping the company hire his successor. Roku operates a TV streaming platform.
- Yelp, CA, Aug 2019 - Charles Lanny Baker stepped down as CFO and Finance VP James Miln is now iCFO. Yelp operates a platform that connects consumers with local businesses in the United States, Canada, and internationally.
- Sonim Technologies, CA, Sep 2019 - Jim Walker steps down as CFO and Bob Tirva, former CFO, Intermedia, now serves as iCFO. Sonim Technologies provides ruggedized mobile phones and accessories for task workers.
- Airgain, CA, Nov 2019 - Anil Doradla, CFO, resigned from the company. Airgain designs, develops, and engineers antenna products for original equipment and design manufacturers, chipset vendors, service providers, and value added resellers and distributors worldwide.
- MoSys, CA, Apr 2019 - James W. Sullivan, CFO resigned. MoSys operates as a semiconductor company.
- The Crypto Company, CA, Dec 2019 - Ivan Ivankovich, CFO, resigned and CEO Ron Levy is now iCEO. The Crypto Company provides consulting services and education for distributed ledger technologies for the building of technological infrastructure and enterprise blockchain technology solutions.
Open Tech CFO Roles - Canada
- British Columbia: Sierra Wireless, Absolute Software, Cascadia Blockchain Group, BLOK Technologies
- Ontario: Quarterhill, Optiva, HyperBlock
Details of Open Tech CFO Roles - Canada
- Sierra Wireless, BC, Canada, Dec 2019 - Sierra Wireless announced that after 16 years of dedicated service as CFO, Dave McLennan has decided it is time to retire. By providing a lengthy notice period, Dave will be assisting in the company’s transition to a new CFO. The company has engaged a global executive search firm and a formal process has commenced to recruit a replacement. The Company expects to complete the transition by the middle of 2020. Dave has held the CFO role since early 2004. Sierra Wireless manufactures and sells cellular wireless devices, and provide services in the wireless communications and IT industry.
- Quarterhill, ON, Canada, Oct 2019 - David Cortens, CFO at International Road Dynamics is named interim CFO, after Shaun McEwan left. as CFO. Quarterhill focuses on acquisition and management of technology companies that provides products and services worldwide.
- Optiva, ON, Canada, Jan 2019 - Ken Taylor, CFO, resigned and Anin Basu, VP of Corporate Finance, is now iCFO. Optiva operates in the telecommunications software market. It offers software solutions to its customers for digital technologies.
- Absolute Software, BC, Canada, Oct 2019 - Errol Olsen, CFO, will be leaving Absolute, for personal reasons. Absolute Software develops, markets, and provides cloud-based endpoint visibility and control platform for the management and security of computing devices, applications, and data for enterprise and public sector organizations.
- HyperBlock, ON, Canada, Apr 2019 - Inder Saini steps down as Interim CFO, and Sean Walsh, CEO, is now iCFO. HyperBlock a crypto-asset company, owns and operates cryptocurrency datacenters in North America.
- Cascadia Blockchain Group, BC, Canada, Oct 2019 - Eason Chen has been appointed as the Interim CFO after Garry Wong, VP Finance is becoming an advisor. Cascadia Blockchain Group Corp. engages in the development of block chain technology platform in the digital asset and cryptocurrency sectors.
- BLOK Technologies, BC, Canada, Oct 2019 - . Wilson Su was appointed board member and iCFO, replacing Yari Nieken, also Director and iCFO. BLOK Technologies develops blockchain-enabled supply chain integrity platform for the legalized cannabis industry.
Tech CFO Appointments
Tech CFO Appointments - US
Northeast & Mid Atlantic:
- Massachusetts: Iron Mountain, Akamai Technologies, Teradyne, athenahealth, PTC, MACOM Technology, Cerence, Carbon Black, Digital Guardian, SeaChange Int’l, Reflexis Systems, Dynasil Corporation of America, Questex, CPS Technologies, Micron Solutions, Owl Labs, Bridgeline Digital, Stratus Technologies, Jobcase, Onto Innovation
- New Hampshire: PC Connection, iCAD
- Connecticut: Frontier Communications, Remedy Partners
- New Jersey: Automatic Data Processing, ORBCOMM, Majesco, Marlabs, Innodata, SITO Mobile, AlgoSec, Investview, SilverSun Technologies
- New York: Altice USA, Infor, Shutterstock, Teladoc Health, Fluent, SourceMedia, DHI Group, LICT Corporation, DigitalOcean, Ideanomics, Axiom Software Laboratories, LiveTiles Limited
- Pennsylvania: Unisys Corporation, Sungard Availability Services, Unilog, Enterra Solutions
- Rhode Island: Towerstream Corporation
- Ohio: Alliance Data Systems, Diebold Nixdorf, Paycor, MRI Software, Astute, Mace Security International
- Illinois: Telephone and Data Systems, United States Cellular Corporation, ExteNet Systems
- Minnesota: Digi International, Image Sensing Systems, Outsell Corporation
- Kansas: Epiq Systems, eSolutions
- Missouri: Bluebird Network
- South Dakota: Experity
- Nebraska: Infogroup
- Michigan: Tweddle Group
- Texas: Diodes Incorporated, RealPage, SailPoint Technologies, Harte Hanks, Alert Logic, Quorum Business Solutions, ADDvantage Technologies Group, Critical Start, SitePro, Zenoss, Trintech, SparkCognition
- Alabama: ADTRAN, Momentum Telecom
- Kentucky: Computer Services
- Tennessee: HealthStream
- Georgia: Global Payments, Ebix, SecureWorks, EVO Payments, PRGX Global, BitPay, Veeam Software
- Florida: Citrix Systems, FARO Technologies, MDLIVE, Intelligent Systems, SharpSpring, BitDefender, CareCloud Corporation, Web.com Group, CentralSquare Technologies, Vology
- Virginia: Evolent Health, Shenandoah Telecommunications, MicroStrategy, Internap, Tyto Athene, WidePoint Corporation, Luna Innovations, NCI Information Systems, Segra, Preferred Systems Solutions, Buchanan & Edwards
- South Carolina: 3D Systems Corporation, Benefitfocus, The Seibels Bruce Group
- Maryland: Inovalon Holdings, 2U, Catalyte, Client Network Services
- North Carolina: Curvature, ChannelAdvisor Corporation, nCino, MercuryGate International
- Washington, D.C.: Blackboard
- Colorado: DISH Network, ANGI Homeservices, Widgix
- Utah: ATL Technology, XANT, HireVue, MasterControl
- Idaho: Clearwater Analytics
- Arizona: Amtech Systems, AgJunction, LiveOps, Aspect Software, Paradox
- California: Intel Corporation, QUALCOMM, Netflix, Western Digital, Sanmina, Square, Trimble, ServiceNow, Avaya, Maxim Integrated Products, Splunk, Plantronics, Lumentum Holdings, Pure Storage, Snap, Synaptics, Infinera, Mellanox Technologies, Fair Isaac, Electronics for Imaging, Global Eagle Entertainment, GlobalLogic, The Trade Desk, TrueCar, Imperva, Eventbrite, DASAN Zhone Solutions, SVMK, U.S. Auto Parts Network, Telenav, Castlight Health, OpenX Technologies, Livongo Health, Iteris, Mobileum, EMCORE, Centrify, LinQuest, Pixelworks, SugarCRM, Kareo, Marin Software, Immersion, Techpoint, Automattic, Socket Mobile, Pivotal Systems, Finjan Holdings, Inkling Systems, Giga-tronics, Ingram Micro, Riverbed Technology, Natel Engineering, Astreya Partners, Anritsu Company, One Concern, PatientPop, HackerRank, Bitvore Corp, Unifi Software, Datavant, MomentFeed, AttackIQ, WorkBoard
- Oregon: Lattice Semiconductor, Ichor Holdings, OMNIQ Corp
- Washington: Avalara, ExtraHop Networks, BSQUARE, Kymeta Corporation, AppViewX
- Alaska: Alaska Communications Systems Group
Tech CFO Appointments in the Northeast & Mid-Atlantic
- Automatic Data Processing, NJ, Mar 2019 - Automatic Data Processing appointed Kathleen A. Winters as Corporate VP and CFO, replacing Jan Siegmund. Ms. Winters has been the CFO and Treasurer of MSCI since May 2016.
- Altice USA, NY, Oct 2019 - CFO Charles Stewart resigned as Co-President and CFO but continues on the board. Michael Grau, EVP, Financial Planning and Controller, has been appointed CFO.
- Frontier Communications, CT, Jun 2019 - Sheldon Bruha, SVP & Treasurer and iCFO, is now CFO.
- Iron Mountain, MA, Nov 2019 - Barry A. Hytinen, CFO, HanesBrands, is now EVP & CFO.
- Infor, NY, Aug 2019 - Jay Hopkins has been promoted from CAO to CFO.
- Unisys Corporation, PA, Sep 2019 - Mike Thomson, corporate controller and PAO and iCFO is now CFO. Inder M. Singh, the SVP and CFO, resigned last April.
- Akamai Technologies, MA, Feb 2019 - Ed McGowan, SVP of Finance, will succeed Jim Benson as CFO, who is retiring.
- PC Connection, NH, Feb 2019 - Thomas C. Baker, CFO for the New Markets and Service Group at Applied Materials, has been named CFO.
- Teradyne, MA, Apr 2019 - Sanjay Mehta, SVP and GM of the Compute and XR Business, Qualcomm exec joined as CFO, Gregory Beecher who has a planned retirement.
- athenahealth, MA, Sep 2019 - Luis Borgen, CFO, Vistaprint, joined as CFO.
- PTC, MA, Apr 2019 - Kristian Talvitie, CFO, Sovos and former PTC, joined as CFO after Andrew Miller's retirement.
- Sungard Availability Services, PA, Sep 2019 - Terrence J. (TJ) Anderson, joined as CFO from Broadview Networks, where he held the top finance and corporate development role.
- Shutterstock, NY, Nov 2019 - Jarrod Yahes, CFO, Zeta Global, joined as as CFO.
- Teladoc Health, NY, Jun 2019 - Mala Murthy, CFO of the Global Commercial Services Segment at American Express, is now CFO.Teladoc Health provides virtual healthcare services on a business-to-business.
- Unilog, PA, Dec 2019 - Hari Gopal , former controller of the Hay Group, was named CFO after Raghavendra GS, who went to head India Operations.Unilog, which offers powerful, affordable eCommerce solutions to midmarket B2B companies.
- MACOM Technology Solutions Holdings, MA, May 2019 - John F. Kober, Corporate Controller, is named CFO, replacing Robert J. McMullan. MACOM Technology Solutions Holdings designs and manufactures analog radio frequency (RF), microwave, millimeterwave, and light wave spectrum products.
- Cerence, MA, Oct 2019 (Nuance spin-off)- Mark Gallenberger , COO and CFO, Serra Corp, is now CFO. Cerence provides A.I. powered assistants and innovations for connected and autonomous vehicles.
- Onto Innovation, MA, Jun 2019 (merger of Rudolph Tech and Nanometrics) - Rudolph’s CFO Steven Roth is named CFO, Onto.
- Fluent, NY, Feb 2019 - Alex Mandela, consultant to company, is now CFO. Fluent provides data-driven digital marketing services primarily in the United States.
- ORBCOMM, NJ, Apr 2019 - Constantine (Dean) Mil cos,SVP & CAO and iCFO, is promoted to EVP and CFO.Former CFO, Mike Ford, resigned in September 2018. ORBCOMM provides Internet of Things solutions.
- Carbon Black, MA, Feb 2019 - Mark Sullivan, CFO, resigned and Stephen Webb er COO and CFO, Back Office Associates was named CFO. Carbon Black provides security solutions.
- SourceMedia, NY, Sep 2019 - Debra S. Mason, CFO, Questex, is now CFO. SourceMedia provides business-to-business digital media products and services for senior professionals in the financial, technology, and healthcare sectors.
- DHI Group, NY, Dec 2019 - Kevin Stick, CFO, Level 5 Capital, has joined as CFO. Former CFO, Luck Grégoire left by mutual agreement. DHI Group provides data, insights, and employment connections through specialized services for technology professionals.
- Majesco, NJ, Apr 2019 - Wayne Locke was appointed as CFO. Fa rid Kazan will continue to lead Majesco’s Group Finance Function as MD and Group CFO, CFO. Majesco’s stakeholder value. Majesco provides cloud insurance software solutions for the business transformation of the insurance industry.
- LICT Corporation, NY, Oct 2019 - Daniel E. Hopkins, CFO of wireless Telecom MT PCS, joined as President and CFO. LICT Corporation provides broadband and voice services to residential, commercial, and governmental customers.
- DigitalOcean, NY, Jul 2019 - Bill Sirens , CFO Enrico, joined as CFO. DigitalOcean provides a cloud infrastructure for software developers to deploy and scale their applications.
- Marlabs, NJ, Aug 2019 - Manish Singhvi, group CFO, SLK Group joined as its CFO. Marlabs provides IT and knowledge process outsourcing services.
- Digital Guardian, MA, Jun 2019 - Susan Walker joined from Telestream as CFO, after a $30m funding round. Digital Guardian provides data security solutions to protect data from insider and outsider threats.
- SeaChange International, MA, Oct 2019 - Michael Prinn, VP, Finance at Brightcove joined as CFO, replacing Peter Faubert.SeaChange International provides multiscreen, advertising, and premium over the top (OTT) video products and services.
- Reflexis Systems, MA, Sep 2019 - Christian Kasper, COO & CFO at iBoss joined as CFO. Reflexis Systems engages in providing retail workforce management software solutions.
- Ideanomics, NY, Sep 2019 - Conor McCarthy, CFO OS33, was named CFO. Ideanomics operates as a financial technology and asset digitization services company.
- Innodata, NJ, Apr 2019 - Robert O’Connor, MD & CFO Services Group, Genova, joined as a part-time CFO. Innodata operates as a digital services and solution company worldwide.
- Dynasil Corporation of America, MA, Oct 2019 - Corporate Controller Holly A. Hicks was promoted to CFO, succeeding Robert Bowdring. Dynasil Corporation of America develops, markets, manufactures, and sells detection, sensing, and analysis technology and optical components.
- SITO Mobile, NJ, Aug 2019 - Gregg Saunders joined as new CFO, replacing Terry Lynn, who resigned. SITO Mobile provides advertisement delivery, measurement and attribution, and consumer insights using its proprietary location-based marketing intelligence platform.
- SilverSun Technologies, NJ, Feb 2019 - Christine Dye CFO, Send Word Now, and On-Net Surveillance SYstems, joined as CFO. replacing Crandall Melvin, who is retiring. SilverSun Technologies operates as a business application, technology, and consulting company.
- Questex, MA, Oct 2019 - Messe Frankfurt North America's President and CFO Patrick Nohilly joined as CFO. Questex owns and operates a marketplace that provides business and events information and content marketing solutions.
- Axiom Software Laboratories, NY, Jan 2019 - David Weber, Charles River Development's CFO joined as COO and CFO. He succeeds Eyal Amsalem. Axiom Software Laboratories provides enterprise-wide infrastructure and analytical applications.
- Remedy Partners, CT, Mar 2019 - DigitalOcean CFO, Steve Senneff joined as CFO. Remedy Partners develops and provides software solutions and related services that enable payers, employers, and at-risk providers to organize and finance healthcare delivery around a patient’s episode of care.
- AlgoSec, NJ, Dec 2019 - Ilan Erez , GM 3D Systems, joined AlgoSec as CFO and GM. AlgoSec provides network security policy management solutions.
- iCAD, NH, May 2019 - Interim CFO R. Scott Aregladois named CFO.iCAD provides image analysis, workflow solutions, and radiation therapy for the early identification and treatment of cancer in the United States and internationally.
- Investview, NJ, Sep 2019 - Ms. Jayme McWidener, whose prior company assisted with audits, is named CFO. William Kosoff, former CFO, is named Corporate Secretary. Investview provides access to financial education, market research, and technology for individuals.
- Towerstream Corporation, RI, May 2019 - John “Jack” Macdonald, CFO, has resigned Shamim Khan is named CFO.
- CPS Technologies Corporation, MA, Apr 2019 - Charles K. Griffith Jr., CFO SPRI Clinical Trials Global, is named CFO after Ralph Norwood retired. CPS Technologies produces and sells advanced material solutions.
- Micron Solutions, MA, Jul 2019 - Wayne M. Coll, CFO of various MedTech companies, is named CFO. he replaces Derek T. Welch,.
- LiveTiles Limited, NY, Apr 2019 - Rowan Wilkie, CFO& Head of Strategy at Telstra Health is now CFO. Outgoing CFO, Matt Brown, is now an advisor. LiveTiles Limited develops and sells digital workplace software.
- Owl Labs, MA, Nov 2019 - The leader in immersive video conferencing technology and services has a new CFO joining from Skycatchi, John Stevens.
- Bridgeline Digital, MA, Jul 2019 - CFO Carole Tyner resigned and is replaced by Mark G. Downey.
- Stratus Technologies, MA, Mar 2019 - Walter Loh, Mavenir's CFO joined as CFO. Stratus Technologies designs and develops software and platform solutions for customers worldwide.
- Enterra Solutions, PA, Oct 2019 - Kevin Cunningham, MD and the head of Global Capital Markets, CPP Investment Board is named CFO. Enterra Solutions, a cognitive computing company, provides big data-enabled predictive analytics and insights for companies and governmental agencies.
- Jobcase, MA, Apr 2019 - Jobcase appointed Beth Clymer as the company’s CFO. Most recently as an Operating Partner at Bain Capital Private Equity where she partnered with CEOs, CFOs, and management teams to grow and transform companies.
US Midwest Tech CFO Appointments
- Alliance Data Systems, OH, Jun 2019 - Timothy King, CFO, Card Services'is named CFO and succeeds Charles Horn who is retiring.
- Telephone and Data Systems, IL, May 2019 - Peter L. Sereda, SVP of finance at TDS was promoted to CFO. Steven T. Campbell transitions to CAO
- Diebold Nixdorf, OH, Jan 2019 - Jeffrey Rutherford, iCFO and former Edgewater Tech exec, is now permanent CFO.
- United States Cellular Corporation, IL, Jun 2019 - Douglas W. Chambers , SVP Fiannce and CAO of the company, was appointed CFO.
- Digi International, MN, May 2019 - James "Jamie" J. Loch, CFO Nilfisk, is now CFO. Interim finance chief, Brian Ballenger, resumes his role as VP of Finance and Accounting. Digi International provides Internet of Things connectivity products, services, and solutions.
- Epiq Systems, KS, Dec 2019 - The global leader in the legal services industry, announced that Vishal Chhibba, CFO, EXL Services, has joined as president and CFO.
- Paycor, OH, Sep 2019 - iCFO Adam Ante was named CFO. Paycor develops and offers cloud-based HR, payroll, and timekeeping software solutions for SMBs.
- MRI Software, OH, Mar 2019 - CFO, Accela, Bruce Duner joined as CFO. Accela. MRI Software provides real estate software applications and hosted solutions.
- Bluebird Network, MO, Nov 2019 - Carla Cooper , Fidelity Communications' CFO has been appointed CFO. Bluebird Network provides Internet and data services through fiber optic network to carrier, enterprise, and datacenter customers in rural and urban communities in the US.
- eSolutions, KS, Oct 2019 - James Evans joined from MatrixCare as CFO. eSolutions designs and develops revenue cycle management solutions, workflow automation tools, and data analytics tools for healthcare industry.
- Experity, SD, Jul 2019 - (DocuTAP and Practice Velocity merger) - DocuTAP CFO Rob Rueckl is now Experity's CFO. Experity develops and delivers technology solutions to on-demand healthcare practices and primary care clinics.
- ExteNet Systems, IL, May 2019 - Garth Williams, CFO & CAO for Kroll, is named CFO, succeeding Dan Timm. ExteNet Systems develops indoor and outdoor distributed networks for wireless service providers, and venue owners and managers.
- Image Sensing Systems, MN, Apr 2019 - Frank G. Hallowell, CFO Wipaire, is appointed CFO, while iCFO Ted Johnson resigns. Image Sensing Systems develops video and radar processing products for the intelligent transportation systems industry.
- Astute, OH, Sep 2019 - Phil Hoey, financial leader of Two Labs joined as CFO. Astute develops and delivers AI-driven customer engagement, digital self-service, and first-party consumer data management software.
- Outsell Corporation, MN, Mar 2019 - Jon Ochetti, former VP of business strategy for the Star Tribune, joined as CFO. Outsell operates a marketing platform for automotive dealers and brands to engage consumers throughout their lifecycle.
- Mace Security International, OH, Jan 2019 - Mark Barrus, formerly from Covia Holdings, NACCO and KPMG, joined as CFO.
- Infogroup, NE, Jan 2019 - Andy Goldstein, CFO, Purch, has been named CFO.
- Tweddle Group, MI, Apr 2019 -Archie Meyers, CFO for Metal Powder Products and Revere Plastics Systems joined as CFO. Tweddle Group, an automotive supplier and information production agency, develops custom information solutions to improve customer experience for a range of industries.
US South Central Region Tech CFO Appointments
- Diodes, TX, Feb 2019 - Brett Whitmire, Corporate Controller and PAO is promoted to CFO. Diodes Incorporated is an American manufacturer and supplier of discrete, logic, analog and mixed-signal semiconductors.
- RealPage, TX, Jan 2019 - Thomas C. Ernst, Jr,, Company Advisor, was named CFO after. W. Bryan Hill resigned.
- ADTRAN, AL, Mar 2019 - Michael Flan, SVP of Operations, was named CFO. ADTRAN provides networking and communications equipment for service providers, cable/multiple system operators, and distributed enterprises.
- SailPoint Technologies, TX, May 2019 - As Cam McMahon transitions from CFO to COO, Jason Ream, CFO for Matriarch, Relativity and Solar Winds, joined as CFO. SailPoint develops identity governance software solutions.
- Computer Services, KY, Dec 2019 - Brian K. Brown, iCFO assumes the permanent role.
- HealthStream, TN, Sep 2019 - Scott A. Roberts, iCFO is named CFO. HealthStream provides workforce and provider solutions for healthcare organizations in the United States.
- Harte Hanks, TX, Jan 2019 - Mark Del Priory, Chief Restructuring Officer assumes the role of CFO. He succeeds Jon Biro, who left.
- Alert Logic, TX, Dec 2019 - Amanda Nev ins, CEO FATHOM has joined as CFO. Alert Logic designs and develops security-as-a-Service software solutions for customers of hosting and cloud service providers worldwide.
- Quorum Business Solutions, TX, Oct 2019 - Clay Myers, CFO and COO of One Technologies, joined as CFO. The company develops software solutions and provides services to manage operational, administrative, financial, and transactions business processes for oil and gas, renewable energy, pipeline, utility, midstream, and natural resource industries.
- ADDvantage Technologies Group, TX, Mar 2019 - Kevin Brown joined as CFO, replacing Scott Francis, who has taken on the role of CAO. The Company distributes and services electronics and hardware for the cable television and telecommunication industries.
- Critical Start, TX, Oct 2019 - Andrew Kaufman, VP Finance, Armor Defense, was named its first CFO. Critical Start provides cuber security consulting services.
- SitePro, TX, Aug 2019 - Josh Cobb, a former investment banker, is joining as CFO. SitePro operates as a digital oilfield solutions provider that delivers cloud-based software solutions.
- Zenoss, TX, Dec 2019 - Matthew Bates, COO (Americas), Rack space has been named CFO. Zenoss develops IT operations solutions.
- Momentum Telecom, AL, Feb 2019 - New CFO Robert Hag an is named. He was CFO, Hudson Fiber Network.
- Trintech, TX, Sep 2019 - Omar Choc, CFO of Maldive joined as CFO. Trintech provides record-to-report software solution for financial professionals in the United States.
- SparkCognition, TX, Dec 2019 - Following a $100 investment round, Jeffrey R. Lass formerly of GE Oil and Gas and Dover, joined as CFO. SparkCognition develops artificial intelligence systems.
US South Atlantic Region Tech CFO Appointments
- Global Payments, GA, Sep 2019 - (merger with TSYS) G Paul Todd, CFO TSYS, becomes Senior EVP and CFO.
- Citrix Systems, FL, Aug 2019 - SAP executive Arlen R. Shenkman, 49, was named CFO, succeeding Jessica Soisson, iCFO.
- Evolent Health, VA, May 2019 - After Nicholas McGrane, CFO was promoted to EVP of Corporate Performance, and is succeeded by John Johnson, CFO, New Century.
- 3D Systems Corporation, SC, Aug 2019 - Todd A. Booth, CFO for Teledyne Marine joined as CFO, replacing John McMullen.
- Shenandoah Telecommunications, VA, Jun 2019 - Uniti Group VP Finance and Investor Relations, James J. Volk was appointed CFO replacing James F. Woodward.
- Inovalon Holdings, MD, Jan 2019 - iCFO Jonathan R. Boldt was named CFO. Inovalon Holdings provides cloud-based platforms empowering data-driven healthcare.
- Ebix, GA, Sep 2019 - Robert F. Kerris rejoined Ebix as CFO. He had served as CFO from 2007 to 2018. Ebix provides software and e-commerce solutions to insurance, finance, healthcare, and e-learning industries.
- SecureWorks, GA, Dec 2019 - Paul Parrish, CFO, CIOX Health is now CFO. SecureWorks is a cybersecurity company, provides an integrated suite of intelligence-driven information security solutions focused on protecting organizations ,
- 2U, MD, Oct 2019 - Paul Lalljie,CFO, Neustar, joined as CFO. He succeeds Catherine Graham, who is retiring. 2U operates as an education technology company
- EVO Payments, GA, Nov 2019 - Tom Panther, SunTrust Banks exec, is appointed CFO. The Company operates as an integrated merchant acquirer and payment processor servicing approximately 550,000 merchants.
- MicroStrategy, VA, Oct 2019 - Lisa May, CFO, EverFi, is named CFO. She succeeds Phong Le who was named COO. MicroStrategy provides enterprise analytics and mobility software platforms.
- FARO Technologies, FL, Jul 2019 - Allen Muhich, CFO Electro Scientific Industries, joined as CFO. The company provides software driven 3D measuement and imaging solutions.
- Curvature, NC, Jul 2019 - RGIS's CFO Sreekant "Sree" Kasibhatta joined as CFO.
- Internap Corp., VA, Aug 2019 - Michael Sicoli, CFO, GTT Communications, is the new CFO, replacing James Keeley, who resigned. The company is a global provider of performance-driven, full-spectrum data center and cloud solutions.
- Benefitfocus, SC, Jul 2019 - Stephen Swad, current board member, was appointed CFO, after Jonathon Dussault resigned. Benefitfocus provides cloud-based benefits management platform for consumers, employers, insurance carriers, suppliers, and brokers in the US.
- PRGX Global, GA, Jan 2019 - Kurt Abkemeier, CFO Fidelis Cybersecurity, joined as CFO.
- ChannelAdvisor Corp., NC, May 2019 - Richard Cornetta, the company's CAO and PAO was appointed CFO, after Mark Cook resigned. ChannelAdvisor provides SaaS solutions.
- Tyto Athene, VA, Mar 2019 - Daniel Smith, CFO, MicroPact, was named CFO. Tyto Athene provides integrated solutions and life cycle support services for telecom infrastructure.
- WidePoint Corp., VA, Dec 2019 - Kellie Kim, CFO, Witt O'Brien's, was named CFO, replacing iCFO, Ian Sparling (who remains with the Company). WidePoint provides trusted mobility management solutions to the government and commercial sectors.
- Luna Innovations, VA, Nov 2019 - Eugene Nestro Cree's VP, Corporate FInance was named CFO. Luna Innovations develops fiber optic sensing, and test and measurement products.
- MDLIVE, FL, Feb 2019 - Dan Monahan , CFO & SVP Operations, Imaging, Change Healthcare joined as CFO and COO. McKesson. MDLIVE operates as a telehealth provider of online and on-demand healthcare delivery services and software.
- Catalyte, MD, Oct 2019 - Vivek Khanna, CFO of Discovery Communications' U.S. operations joined as CFO. Catalyte offers IT outsourcing, consulting, and managed services.
- Intelligent Systems Corp., GA, Jan 2019 - After Karen Reynolds, CFO, stepped down, Matt White, CFO of subsidiary CoreCard Software, was appointed CFO. Intelligent Systems, through its subsidiary, CoreCard Software, provides technology solutions and processing services to the financial technology and services market.
- nCino, NC, Oct 2019 - David Rudow, SVP of Finance for CentralSquare Technologies was named CFO. nCino provides cloud-based operating solutions for the banking industry
- SharpSpring, FL, Nov 2019 - Michael Power, CFO , ConnectWise is named CFO. SharpSpring operates as a cloud-based marketing technology company worldwide.
- BitDefender, FL, Mar 2019 - Verifone CFO for Europe and Russia, John Stynes is named CFO. BitDefender develops and provides online security software solutions for businesses and consumers.
- CareCloud Corp., FL, Jun 2019 - Noel Marsden, SVP, Treasurer & Head of Finance for Logic, Halo and Flex Services at Brightstar is named CFO.
- BitPay, GA, May 2019 - CFO from Worldpay US, Glen Braganza was named CFO
- Web.com Group, FL, Mar 2019 - Christina Clohecy, former CFO at Stratus Tech and Airvana, joined as CFO. as the company’s new CFO.
- Blackboard, Washington, D.C., Oct 2019 - Edwin Scholte, MD, aBest Merchant Partners, joined s CFO. Blackboard provides enterprise technology and solutions for the educational industry.
- NCI Information Systems, VA, Jul 2019 - Charles (Chuck) Hicks Jr., CFO for Cresa Global, joined as CFO. NCI Information Systems provides IT and professional services.
- Veeam Software, GA, May 2019 - Charles Garne, CFO of Blackhawk Network is named CFO. Veeam Software develops backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Client Network Services, MD, Oct 2019 - David Adams , CFO, Endeavor Robotics, joined the company as CFO. Client Network Services delivers a portfolio of IT and BPO solutions.
- Segra, VA, Nov 2019 - Peter Zarrella, VP of Finance, Fiber for Crown Castle’s Fiber Division joined as CFO. Segra provides fiber-based bandwidth infrastructure and service.
- CentralSquare Technologies, FL, Nov 2019 - Todd Dooley was appointed s CFO. He joined from H&R Block. The Company provides software products and services for public administration, public safety and justice, state government, federal government, and nonprofit agencies in North America.
- Preferred Systems Solutions, VA, Mar 2019 - Dan Muse, CFO for FCI Enterprises and Sevatec joined as CFO. Preferred Systems Solutions provides IT, engineering, program management, intelligence, and staffing services to government and commercial clients.
- Buchanan & Edwards, VA, May 2019 - Carter Wood, director of financial reporting for Cognosante is the new CFO.
- Vology, FL, Feb 2019 - Grant Newmyer is named CFO, from iQor, a BPO company. Vology provides managed IT services that monitors, manages, and maintains various devices at customer sites in the United States.
- MercuryGate Int'l, NC, Nov 2019 - Mark Huebeler, VP of Finance at Valassis Digital is named CFO. MercuryGate International develops cloud based transportation management solutions (TMS) for logistics providers, shippers, freight forwarders, and others.
- The Seibels Bruce Group, SC, Apr 2019 - Brad Gipson, s Chief Property Actuary at Gulfstream Property and Casualty Insurance, is named CFO. The Seibels Bruce Group provides processing, technology, and claims solutions to the property and casualty insurance industry.
US West Tech CFO Appointments
- DISH Networks, CO, Jul 2019 - Paul Orban, CAO and PFO, was promoted to CFO and continue reporting to CEO Erik Carlson.
- ANGI Homeservices, CO, Mar 2019 (Angie's List and HomeAdvisor) - Jamie Cohen, EVP of finance and accounting, was promoted to CFO.
- ATL Technology, UT, Aug 2019 - John Scadden CFO, Dry and Evo, was named CFO. ATL Technology provides electromechanical contract manufacturing services for assemblies and devices.
- Clearwater Analytics, ID, Jun 2019 - Jim Cox, Glassdoor's former CFO, joined as CFO.
- Amtech Systems, AR, Mar 2019 - Lisa Gibbs, VP and CAO, was promoted to CFO.
- XANT, UT, Sep 2019 - InsideSales.com appoints OmniGuide's CFOJohn Markovichas as CFO. XANT develops an artificial intelligence (AI) growth platform for sales.
- AgJunction, AR, Nov 2019 - Scott Steinman, CFO, Daystar products, was appointed CFO. AgJunction provides guidance and autosteering solutions for precision agriculture applications worldwide.
- LiveOps, AR, Oct 2019 - David Clark is named CFO. David Clark has also worked at Nextiva, Oracle, Microsoft and Ernst & Young. LiveOps provides cloud based multichannel, social, and mobile solutions.
- HireVue, UT, Jan 2019 - David Bedell, VP Finance and Investor Relations at Instructure, joined as CFO. HireVue develops video interviewing software solutions and assessment services for recruiting and hiring talent.
- Widgix, CO, Sep 2019 - SurveyGizmo hired LogRhythm's VP of Finance Jove Oakley as CFO. Widgix doing business as SurveyGizmo, provides online survey software solutions for individuals and businesses.
- Aspect Software, AR, Feb 2019 - (Vector Capital acquisition). Chris DeBiase, CFO of Vertafore and Vector Co. Corel, is named CFO. Aspect Software develops integrated customer engagement, workforce optimization, and self-service omni-channel solutions.
- MasterControl, UT, Jul 2019 - Michelle Tanner , formerly of InsideSales and Venafi joined the company. MasterControl provides web-based process, document, and quality management software solutions.
- Paradox, AR, Oct 2019 - Ross Grainger, Senior Director of Finance for WebPT, joined as CFO. Paradox develops an assistive intelligence platform that transforms global talent acquisition and candidate experience.
- Intel Corporation, CA, Apr 2019 - George Davis, CFO Qualcomm joined as CFO.
- QUALCOMM, CA, Nov 2019 - iCFO Akash Palkhiwala was named CFO.
- Netflix, CA, Jan 2019 - Spencer Neumann, CFO, Activision Blizzard, is joining as CFO.
- Western Digital, CA, Apr 2019 - Sanmina's CEO Robert Eulau joined as CFO.
- Sanmina Corporation, CA, Oct 2019 - Kurt Adzema, CFO of Finisar, joined as CFO. He succeeds David Anderson, who is retiring.
- Square, CA, Jan 2019 - Amrita Ahuja, CFO of Blizzard Entertainment as CFO. He replaces two Timothy Murphy and Mohit Daswani who were interim Co-CFOs.
- Trimble, CA, Nov 2019 - Trimble announced that David G. Barnes will be joining the company as its CFO. Barnes served as CFO at MWH Global.
- ServiceNow, CA, Nov 2019 - Ingram Micro's CFO, Gina Mastantuono joined as CFO.
- Avaya, CA, Feb 2019 - Kieran McGrath, CFO at CA Tech, joined CFO, replacing Pat O’Malley who is named SVP, Growth Initiatives.
- Maxim Integrated Products, CA, Aug 2019 - Brian White, IDT's CFO is named CFO, replacing Bruce Kiddoo who retired.
- Splunk, CA, May 2019 - Jason Child, CFO at Opendoor Labs, is named CFO.
- Plantronics, CA, Mar 2019 - Charles Boynton, CFO for SunPower Corp., is named CFO.
- Lumentum Holdings, CA, Feb 2019 - Wajid Ali, CFO, Synaptics, joined as CFO, replacing iCFO Christopher Coldren.
- Pure Storage, CA, Nov 2019 - Kevan Krysler, VMWare's SVP Finance & CAO, joined as CFO.
- Snap, CA, May 2019 - Derek Andersen, VP of Finance, is promoted to CFO, replacing iCFO Lara Sweet.
- Synaptics Incorporated, CA, Oct 2019 - Dean Butler, VP of Finance at Marvell is named CFO and replaxing iCFO Kermit Nolan, who resumed his CAO role. Former CFO Wajid Ali joined Lumentum Holdings.
- Infinera Corporation, CA, Aug 2019 - Nancy Erba, CFO for Immersion Corp. joined as CFO.
- Mellanox Technologies, CA, Jan 2019 - Doug Ahrens, GlobalLogic CFO, is named CFO.
- Fair Isaac Corporation, CA, Jun 2019 - Michael I. McLaughlin, MD, Head of Technology Corporate Finance of Morgan Stanley, has been named CFO.
- Electronics for Imaging, CA, Sep 2019 - Valassis exec Grant Fitz joined as CFO, replacing Marc Olin, who is named COO.
- Global Eagle Entertainment, CA, May 2019 - Ciber CEO Christian Mezger was appointed CFO.
- GlobalLogic, CA, Jan 2019 - Scott Brubaker, MD at TPG Global, a leading alternative asset firm, is now CFO.
- The Trade Desk, CA, Nov 2019 - Amazon exec Blake Grayson joined as CFO, after Paul Ross retires. The Trade Desk provides a self-service omnichannel software platform that enables clients to purchase and manage data-driven digital advertising campaigns.
- Ichor Holdings, CA, Sep 2019 - VP finance, silicon worldwide operations, for the Semiconductor Solutions Group, Larry J. Sparksis named CFO. Ichor Holdings engages in manufacture of fluid delivery subsystems and components for semiconductor capital equipment.
- Lattice Semiconductor, OR, Jan 2019 - Ms. Sherri Luther, Coherent's VP Finance, is now CFO.
- TrueCar, CA, May 2019 - Noel B. Watson, CAO and VP Finance and Accounting for TripAdvisor, is now CFO. TrueCar operates as an Internet-based information, technology, and communication services company in the United States.
- Imperva, CA, Apr 2019 - Jim Dildine, exec Blue Coat Systems and Symantec’s Enterprise Security division, is now Imperva's CFO.
- Avalara, WA, Dec 2019 - Current CFO, Bill Ingram, will retire in March 2020, and join the board. Ross Tennenbaum, EVP of strategic initiatives is named CFO. Avalara provides cloud-based solutions for transaction tax compliance worldwide.
- Eventbrite, CA, Aug 2019 - Charles “Lanny” Baker, CFO, Yelp, is now CFO. Eventbrite operates a ticketing and event technology platform in the United States and internationally.
- DASAN Zhone Solutions, CA, Nov 2019 - Thomas Cancro, 52, as the company's CFO and Corporate Treasurer. The company is a global leader in network access solutions for service provider and enterprise networks.
- SurveyMonkey, CA, Jun 2019 - Debbie Clifford , Autodesk's VP of financial planning and analysis, is SVMK's new CFO, replacing retired Timothy J. Maly.
- U.S. Auto Parts Network, CA, Mar 2019 - David Meniane, EVP of LA Libations, is named to COO as CFO.
- Telenav, CA, Jul 2019 - T Adeel Manzoor, CFO & VP of Storage & Big Data for HPE is named CFO, succeeding consulting iCFO Fuad Ahmad. Telenav provides connected car and location-based platform services.
- Alaska Communications Systems Group, AK, Oct 2019 -Laurie Butcher was promoted to CFO.
- Castlight Health, CA, Oct 2019 - Will Bondurant, 30, VP professional services was promoted to CFO. Castlight Health provides a SaaS platform used for health benefits navigation for employees in the United States.
- OpenX Technologies, CA, Jan 2019 - Rob Leff, CFO, Fandago, is named CFO. OpenX Technologies provides digital and mobile advertising technology products to digital media companies.
- Livongo Health, CA, Jan 2019 - Lee Shapiro, board member, is now CFO. Livongo Health provides an integrated suite of solutions for the healthcare industry in North America.
- Iteris, CA, Dec 2019 - Douglas L. Groves joined as CFO, having served as re CFO Ducommun. Iteris provides intelligent transportation systems technology solutions worldwide.
- Mobileum, CA, Aug 2019 - Ilya Cantor, CFO of Aricen, joined as CFO. Mobileum provides voice and data roaming, fraud analytics, data monetization, and analytics for customer experience and service performance measurement and assurance solutions to telecom industry.
- EMCORE Corp., CA, Aug 2019 - Tom Minichiello, CFO, Westell Technologies appointed CFO.
- Centrify Corp., CA, May 2019 - Mark Oldemeyer, PowerSchool's CFO, joined as CFO. Centrify designs and develops unified identity management software for cloud, mobile, and data center platforms.
- LinQuest Corp., CA, Jun 2019 - Matt Klein was named CFO,. Was CFO, Vectrus. LinQuest provides technical solutions to the U.S. government and commercial industry.
- ExtraHop Networks, WA, Jul 2019 - Blucora CEO Bill Ruckelshaus joined as CFO. ExtraHop Networks provides real-time wire data analytics solutions for application and infrastructure monitoring.
- Pixelworks, CA, Sep 2019 - Elias Nader, iCEO and CFO, Sigma Design, is appointed CFO, replacing Steven Moore, who resigned. Pixelworks develops video processing semiconductors, intellectual property cores, software, and custom application specific integrated circuits (ICs) solutions for high-quality energy efficient video applications.
- SugarCRM, CA, Aug 2019 - CFO of Togetherwork, John Donaldson joined as CFO. SugarCRM provides CRM solutions for small business and enterprises.
- BSQUARE Corp., WA, Aug 2019 - CFO and co-founder of EnerG2, Chris Wheaton is appointed CFO, replacing Peter Biere, who resigned. BSQUARE provides software solutions and related engineering services to businesses that develop, market, and sell standalone intelligent systems.
- OMNIQ Corp., OR, Sep 2019 - Board Member Neev Nissenson is appointed CFO. He is former CFO of Sleeprate. OMNIQ operates as a systems integrator with a focus on design, delivery, deployment, and support of integrated mobile and automatic identification data collection solutions.
- Kareo, CA, Jun 2019 - David Justus, CFO Avetta, was namedo CFO. Kareo, a medical software company, develops and delivers a cloud-based clinical and business management platform primarily for physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Marin Software, CA, Dec 2019 - Robert Bertz, Corporate Controller is appointed CFO, replacing Bradley Kinnish, who resigned. Marin Software provides cloud-based enterprise marketing software for advertisers and agencies.
- Immersion Corporation, CA, Dec 2019 - Hypertech's CFO, Aaron Akerman joined as CFO. Immersion Corporation creates, designs, develops, and licenses haptic technologies.
- Techpoint, CA, Oct 2019 - Aquantia CFO Mark Voll is named CFO and VP of Administration. Techpoint is a fabless semiconductor company.
- Automattic, CA, Oct 2019 - Mark Davies, smart home tech Vivint CFO, joined as CFO. Automattic provides website-building services.
- Kymeta Corporation, WA, May 2019 - Walter Z. Berger has been appointed as President, CFO, and COO. He was COO and CFO of Nuvectra, a neuromodulation medical device platform company.
- Socket Mobile, CA, May 2019 - Lynn Zhao, Controller was promoted to as VP of Finance and Administration, Secretary and CFO. Socket Mobile produces data capture products for mobile applications used in business mobility markets.
- Pivotal Systems Corporation, CA, Jun 2019 - Timothy D. Welch, Revera's CFO, was named CFO, replacing Omesh Sharma who resigned. Pivotal provides gas flow monitoring and control technology platform for the semiconductor industry.
- Finjan Holdings, CA, May 2019 - Joining as new CFO, Jevan Anderson was SVP, Corporate Advisory for Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated (JLL).
- Inkling Systems, CA, Nov 2019 - Eileen Treanor has joined the company as CFO. Inkling Systems provides cloud publishing platforms to create and publish content.
- Giga-tronics, CA, Mar 2019 - iCFO Lutz T. Henckels is now CFO. . Dr. Henckels, 78, remains on the board. Giga-tronics develops microwave integrated components for military airborne applications.
- AppViewX, WA, Dec 2019 - Anil Arora, CFO EN Engineering, joined as CFO in September 2019. AppViewX develops software applications for network services management, automation, and orchestration to Fortune 500 companies.
- Ingram Micro, CA, Nov 2019 - Mike Zilis, an insider, is appointed to CFO. Zilis succeeds Gina Mastantuono, who is becoming a public company CFO.
- Riverbed Technology, CA, Dec 2019 - Ian Halifax CFO at ON24, a cloud-based marketing intelligence and demand generation platform, is now CFO.
- Natel Engineering Co., CA, Jun 2019 - David Martin, CFO for Dimensional Fund Advisors, Janus Capital Group, is Natel's new CFO.
- Astreya Partners, CA, Jan 2019 - Astreya appointed Andrea Bendzick to CFO. She most recently held the position of SVP of Global Delivery Operations at NTT DATA Services where she was responsible for leading the operational improvement and data analytics strategies.
- Anritsu Company, CA, Apr 2019 - Anritsu announced that the global communications leader has named Donn Mulder President and CFO of Anritsu Company, the United States subsidiary of Anritsu Corporation. Mulder succeeds Toru Wakinaga. Mulder joined Anritsu in 1992, and has served as a SVP and GM of Anritsu Company since 2005. Anritsu develops handheld test and measurement solutions for wired and wireless communication systems.
- One Concern, CA, Dec 2019 - One Concern has hired William Atkins as CFO. He has served as CFO at a number of successful technology companies – including companies with public listings as well as those backed by venture capital and private equity interests. One Concern provides rapid damage estimates (in homes) across various natural disasters using artificial intelligence aspects on the natural phenomena science and technology.
- PatientPop, CA, Nov 2019 - PatientPop announced Nick Bellomo as CFO. Bellomo previously served as CFO at AOL and most recently at Tastemade. PatientPop operates a practice growth platform that delivers measurable improvements for medical providers.
- HackerRank, CA, Jun 2019 - HackerRank appointed Ramesh Sethuraman as its CFO. Sethuraman brings more than 20 years of experience with financial operations and business strategy at companies around the world.
- Bitvore Corp, CA, Apr 2019 - Bitvore announced that it has named Bill Ruehle as CFO. Most recently, he was CFO of ClariPhy through its successful sale to Inphi Corporation. Bitvore Corp develops intelligence gathering and big data mining systems.
- Unifi Software, CA, Apr 2019 - Unifi Software announced that Intekhab Nazeer has joined as CFO. Unifi Software develops a suite of self-service data integration tools for business users and IT professionals.
- Datavant, CA, Feb 2019 - Datavant named Nick Colburn as CFO Mr. Colburn joined Datavant after having most recently served as the CFO of Building Robotics (DBA Comfy), which was sold to Siemens in 2018. Datavant aggregates and analyzes biomedical data through machine learning to lower the time, cost, and risk of drug development.
- MomentFeed, CA, Jan 2019 - MomentFeed announced that Ed Shaughnessy has joined the company as CFO. Prior, Shaughnessy was CFO at LogicMonitor, ultimately leading to the acquisition by Vista Equity Partners in the summer of 2018. MomentFeed develops mobile customer experience management software.
- AttackIQ, CA, Oct 2019 - AttackIQ, the leading, independent player in the emerging market of continuous security validation, announced Danielle Murcray has joined as CFO. Prior, Murcray served as CFO at Evident.io (acquired by Palo Alto Networks) and Skyhigh Networks (acquired by McAfee).
- WorkBoard, CA, Sep 2019 - WorkBoard, an enterprise SaaS company whose Strategy and Results Platform helps large organizations align quickly for results, announced that Karim Damji has joined as its first CFO. Damji joined WorkBoard after more than seven years at SurveyMonkey where he served as the company’s VP of Finance.
Tech CFO Appointments - Canada
- Ontario: Mitel Networks, BlackBerry, Telesat Canada, Evertz Technologies, Firan Technology Group, Smart Employee Benefits, Redline Communications Group, VIQ Solutions, Quisitive Technology Solutions, Intouch Insight, Dealer-FX Group
- British Columbia: Vecima Networks, Lite Access Technologies, mCloud Technologies, NexTech AR Solutions, Skychain Technologies, BlockchainK2 Corp.
- Quebec: Aimia, LXRandCo, Softlab9 Software Solutions
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Kraken Robotics
Tech CFO Appointments - Canada
- Mitel Networks, ON, Canada, May 2019 - Mitel announced the retirement of CFO Steve Spooner, whose 16 years of leadership at Mitel mark one of the longest and most stellar financial careers in the global technology industry. Vanessa Kanu, SVP of Finance, took over as Spooner’s successor, continuing her 15-year career with Mitel.
- BlackBerry, ON, Canada, Sep 2019 - The company promoted Steve Rai from Deputy CFO to CFO. Steven Capelli, who has been CFO since October 2016, will lead BlackBerry's efforts to increase its revenue as CRO.
- Telesat Canada, ON, Canada, Dec 2019 - Telesat named Andrew Browne as CFO. He was most recently the CFO of SES, a position he held since February 2018. Mr. Browne will replace Michel Cayouette.
- Evertz Technologies, ON, Canada, Dec 2019 - Evertz Technologies announced that Anthony Gridley, CFO since 2008, retired from Evertz, after 14 years of service. Evertz has appointed Doug Moore, the current Director of Finance of Evertz, as CFO. Evertz Technologies manufactures video and audio infrastructure solutions for the television, new-media, and telecom industries.
- Aimia, QC, Canada, Mar 2019 - Aimia appointed Steven Leonard, currently VP Finance and CAO, as CFO. He has been with Aimia since June of 2010 holding finance roles reporting to the CFO. Aimia operates as a data-driven marketing and loyalty analytics company worldwide.
- Firan Technology Group, ON, Canada, Sep 2019 - Firan Technology Group announced the hiring of Jamie Crichton as VP and CFO. Jamie has extensive experience in senior finance roles within the Aerospace and Defense sector including roles with Spar Aerospace Limited, Raytheon Company and most recently serving as VP Finance of Nanowave Technologies. Firan Technology Group manufactures printed circuit boards, illuminated cockpit display panels, and keyboards.
- Vecima Networks, BC, Canada, Oct 2019 - Vecima Networks announced that John Hanna resigned as CFO. Dale Booth, Vecima's VP of Finance, has been appointed to succeed Mr. Hanna as CFO. Vecima Networks provides technology solutions that empower network service providers and content providers to connect people and enterprises to information and entertainment worldwide.
- Smart Employee Benefits, ON, Canada, Oct 2019 - Smart Employee Benefits announced Robert Prentice, CPA-CA, a founder of SEB and the CFO has retired. The company appointed Tim Beaulieu, CPA-CA, as CFO and Corporate Secretary. Tim has a long history with the Company, as CFO of both Technology Division entities and Benefits Division entities. Smart Employee Benefits provides business process automation and outsourcing software, solutions, and services.
- LXRandCo, QC, Canada, Sep 2019 - LXR announced that interim CFO Nadine Eap has been promoted to the position of CFO. LXRandCo operates as an omni-channel retailer of branded vintage luxury handbags and accessories.
- Redline Communications Group, ON, Canada, Oct 2019 - Ms. Joan Ritchie has decided to resign from her position as CFO for personal reasons. The company appointed Philip Jones as CFO. Most recently with Maru Group, Mundo Media, and Leonardo Worldwide. Redline Communications Group develops broadband fixed wireless base stations, subscriber stations, and network management systems for point-to-point and point-to-multipoint applications for commercial end-users.
- VIQ Solutions, ON, Canada, Apr 2019 - VIQ Solutions appointed Alexie Edwards as CFO, following the upcoming retirement of George Kempff. For the past six years he had a significant role in the growth of Jonas Software where he was VP Finance. VIQ Solutions operates as a technology and service platform provider for digital evidence capture, retrieval, and content management.
- Quisitive Technology Solutions, ON, Canada, Aug 2019 - Quisitive Technology Solutions appointed Michael J. Murphy CPA, CA, as CFO and Corporate Secretary, replacing Stephanie Ratza. Mr. Murphy recently served as CFO of Acasta Enterprises. Quisitive Technology Solutions provides Microsoft solutions primarily in North America.
- Intouch Insight, ON, Canada, Feb 2019 - Intouch Insight appointed Cathy Smith, CPA, CA as its new CFO. Prior to joining, she held senior leadership roles with AirVM, BTI Systems, Fusebill, Protus IP Solutions and most recently Telepin Software Systems. Intouch Insight develops managed mobile software applications and SaaS platforms, and delivers services for private businesses, governments, and regulators.
- Lite Access Technologies, BC, Canada, Jul 2019 - Lite Access Technologies appointed Mr. Chui Wong as CFO. Mr. Arun Gupta leaves as CFO. Most recently, Wong was CFO of a group of public and private mining companies. Lite Access Technologies manufactures fiber optic technology specializing in micro ducts and air-blown fiber.
- mCloud Technologies, BC, Canada, May 2019 - Universal mCloud Corp. appointed Chantal Schutz to EVP and CFO. Ms. Schutz began her career articling for both KPMG and PwC, and most recently held the role of CEO at NYCE Sensors.
- Kraken Robotics, NL, Canada, Jul 2019 - Joseph MacKay, CPA, CA, CFA joined Kraken in the role of CFO, Greg Reid, CPA, CA, CFA will be promoted to COO from his current position as CFO.
- NexTech AR Solutions , BC, Canada, Oct 2019 - NexTech AR Solutions appointed Kashif Malik as CFO of the Company. Prior to joining NexTech, he worked consulting various SaaS organizations which led him to joining Leonardo as VP, Finance and Board Member through a restructuring.
- Skychain Technologies, BC, Canada, Aug 2019 - Skychain Technologies appointed Donald Gordon as CFO. Mr. Gordon brings a broad perspective to the CFO position to coordinate communication and corporate finance with financial reporting. Ms. Ke Feng (Andrea) Yuan resigned as its CFO
- Dealer-FX Group, ON, Canada, Oct 2019 - Dealer-FX appointed George Kypreos as CFO. Prior to joining Dealer-FX, George served as CFO at Fleet Complete, where he helped grow revenue from $30 million to $100 million in annual revenues and was a key member of the executive team involved in the company's global expansion. Dealer-FX Group provides automotive retail marketing solutions.
- BlockchainK2, BC, Canada, Jan 2019 - BlockchainK2 appointed Yuying Liang to the CFO of the Company. Ms. Liang is a Principal of Canmore Financial Services. Ms. Liang has extensive experience in public company environment. Anthony Jackson has resigned from the CFO.
- Softlab9 Software Solutions, QC, Canada, Dec 2019 - Softlab9 Software Solutions has appointed Kulwant Sandher as the Company's new CFO. Mr. Sandher succeeds Hanspaul Pannu, who has resigned from his position as CFO. SoftLab9 Software Solutions develops software for advertising, Fintech, RegTech, data aggregation, and compliance in business landscape.
Vell Executive Search Representative Placements
About Vell Executive Search
- Deep tech industry retained search experience
- More dedicated time as consultants have few parallel projects.
- Thorough understanding of your company’s business and culture
- Behavioral interviews and competency scorecards.
- Constant two-way, direct communication and 24 /7 availability.
- Insightful and detailed reference checking
- Broad reach of candidates: no hidden relationships. No off-limits.
- Analytics based search process.
Vell Executive Search Contact