Geographic Distribution of Open Tech CEO Roles & Appointments
Reasons for CEO departures of Note
Russian Spy, the FBI and the "Deep State" "Reality is stranger than fiction" or the "Twilight Zone" could be apt characterizations of this category. The CEO at Overstock, Patrick Byrne resigned after disclosing a romantic relationship with the now infamous Russian Spy, Marina Butina. For more on this, elaborate stories of the deep state can be found on Mr. Byrne's personal website, www.deepcapture.com, according to the New York Times.
- Symantec named its board member Richard S. Hill as Interim President and CEO. He succeeds President & CEO Greg Clark, who also stepped down as board member. The leadership change follows multiple key executive exits at Symantec late last year, including the COO and CMO, an internal accounting probe, activist investor unrest and enterprise sales struggles.
- Cloudera announced that Tom Reilly will retire as CEO and as a member of the Board. The Board has appointed Martin Cole, Chairman of the Board, as interim CEO. Cloudera this reached a standstill agreement with activist investor Carl Icahn, granting two board seats.
- Infor's CFO Kevin Samuelson has been named CEO, replacing Charles Phillips who is now Chair.british
- TESSCO Technologies appointed Sandip Mukerjee as the Company’s President and CEO replacing former CEO Murray Wright.
- TeraXion’s current VP of Commercialization and Technology Ghislain Lafrance now promoted to CEO. President and CEO Alain-Jacques Simard taking on the role of Executive Chairman.
M&A / Spin-offs / Funding
- Electronics For Imaging appointed Jeff Jacobson as CEO, as it announces definitive agreement to be acquired by an affiliate of Siris Capital Group in all cash transaction valued at approximately $1.7 Billion.
- Finisar Corporation’s CEO leaves following the completion of the acquisition of Finisar by II-VI Incorporated.
- India-based Mindtree named new CEO, as L&T completed its hostile takeover in June 2019.
- SnapAV and Control4 merges naming a new CEO.
- iPipeline to be acquired by Roper Technologies, named its COO/CFO as new CEO.
- BIG Blockchain Intelligence Group completed its previously announced $3 million acquisition of Netcoins. Netcoins’ CEO Mark Binns stepped up to lead the Company as CEO.
- Ontario Systems has entered into an agreement to be acquired by New York-based investment firm New Mountain Capital. President succeeds retiring Co-Founder and CEO.
- Merger between Apervita and Qcentive; new CEO named.
Disappointing Results: A10 Networks
Long term open roles
- Marchex has been without a CEO since October 2016. The call analytics and call tracking company has had an “office of the CEO”.
- Stratasys’ current Chairman Elchanan (Elan) Jaglom is interim CEO since May 2018, until a successor is appointed. The company is conducting a CEO Search.
- Cherry AB - Swedish Economic Crime Authority initiated an investigation in May 2018 for insider crime as a result of share trading by Cherry’s former CEO, Anders Holmgren. Gunnar Lind is acting CEO.
Undisclosed Family reasons: HP Inc.
5 Newly Opened Roles - Geographic Distribution
- 4 out of 5 Newly Opened Tech CEO Roles are in North America: Overstock.com, Finisar, A10 Networks, Streamline Health Solutions.
- 1 Newly Opened Role in UK: First Derivatives Plc
For all 24 Open Tech CEO Roles & All Appointments
Most active regions/states/countries for Open Tech CEO Roles
- West Pacific has 7 open roles.
The most active regions/states/countries for Incoming CEOs
- 12 out of the 32 appointments in North America are in the West Pacific area.
Sources of CEO Appointments
17 out of 37 CEOs appointed were sourced externally (46%)
Hope you enjoy this newsletter and find it useful. Suggestions and corrections are most welcome and appreciated.
Thanks again and all the best,
Vell Executive Search is a retained executive search firm that specializes in recruiting technology execs for boards and executive roles, including Board Members, CEOs, Presidents, GMs, CTOs/Chief Digital Officers/VP Engineering, SVP Sales, Chief Revenue Officers, CMOs, and CFOs. Vell has built a reputation for recruiting talented high-performing leadership teams globally. www.vell.com.
In this Edition
Open Tech CEO Roles: United States, Canada, EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America
New Tech CEO Appointments: United States, Canada, EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America
Vell Executive Search Representative Placements: Board, CEOs, GMs, CTOs, CFOs, SVP Sales, SVP, Marketing, CIOs, Chief Digital Officers
About Vell Executive Search
Open Tech CEO Roles
Open Tech CEO Roles - United States
- Northeast & Mid Atlantic: Eastman Kodak Company, NY; Carbonite, MA; Episerver, NH; Wayside Technology Group, NJ
- Midwest: Stratasys, MN.
- South Central: GlobalSCAPE, TX.
- South Atlantic: LightPath Technologies, FL; Streamline Health Solutions, GA
- West Pacific: Symantec Corporation, CA; Coherent, CA; Finisar Corporation, CA; Cloudera, CA; A10 Networks, CA; Marchex, WA; Move, CA.
Northeast Open Tech CEO Roles
- Eastman Kodak Company, NY, Feb 2019 - The Board of Directors of Eastman Kodak Company appointed Chairman Jim Continenza as the company's new Executive Chairman. Jeffrey J. Clarke, 57, stepped down after nearly five years as CEO. No new CEO has been named yet, and no announcement from the company on the CEO search. Clarke's seat on the Board has been filled by Phillippe D. Katz, newly appointed Director of Kodak.
- Carbonite, MA - Carbonite announced that Chairman Steve Munford has been named Interim CEO and Executive Chairman. This appointment follows Mohamad Ali's decision to step down as President, CEO and member of the Company's Board in order to pursue other professional opportunities in the media and research industry. Munford has served as a member of the Carbonite Board since January 2014, and as Chairman of the Board since March 2016. Carbonite provides backup, disaster recovery, high availability, and workload migration technology solutions in the United States. The Carbonite Board is conducting a thorough and comprehensive search, with the assistance of an international executive search firm, to identify the best candidate to serve as the Company’s next CEO.
- Episerver, NH, May 2019 - Episerver CEO Mark Duffell stepped down in April 2019 according to his LinkedIN update. There was no public announcement about the leadership change. The website doesn't mention any new CEO. Insight Venture Partners, a New York-based global private equity firm focused on high-growth investments in the technology sector, acquired Episerver in a transaction valuing at $1.16 billion in September 2018.
- Wayside Technology Group, NJ, May 2019 - Wayside announced that Steve DeWindt has resigned as the Company's President, CEO and member of the Board, for personal health reasons. Michael Vesey, the Company's current Vice President and CFO, will serve as the company's interim President and CEO until a permanent successor has been named. Wayside Technology Group operates as an IT channel company worldwide.
Midwest Open Tech CEO Roles
- Stratasys, MN, May 2018 - Ilan Levin stepped down from his positions as CEO and Director of the 3D printer and additive manufacturing company, after less than two years on the job. Elchanan (Elan) Jaglom, the company’s current Chairman of the Board, is interim CEO until a successor is appointed. The company is conducting a CEO Search. 3D printers and 3D production systems for office-based rapid prototyping and direct manufacturing solution.
South Central Open CEO Roles
- GlobalSCAPE, TX, Apr 2019 - GlobalSCAPE announced, with deep sadness, the unexpected demise of its President and CEO, Matthew C. Goulet. The board has named Chairman Robert Alpert as Interim CEO while the search for a permanent replacement continues. GlobalSCAPE develops and distributes software, delivers managed and hosted solutions, and provides associated services for secure information exchange, and data transfer and sharing for enterprises and consumers worldwide.
South Atlantic Open CEO Roles
- LightPath Technologies, FL, Jun 2019 - LightPath Technologies announced that Jim Gaynor intends to retire as President and CEO in June 2020 after more than 12 years with the Company. Mr. Gaynor will continue to serve as the Company’s CEO and President until a successor has been selected and will assist the Company’s board of directors in its ongoing succession planning. He will also continue to serve as a director. LightPath Technologies designs, develops, manufactures, and distributes optical components and assemblies.
- Streamline Health Solutions, GA, Jul 2019 - Streamline Health Solutions has appointed Wyche T. Tee Green, III, 46, as interim President and CEO of the Company following the departure of David Sides to Teladoc. Mr. Green is currently Chairman of the Board of Directors of Streamline Health and will continue in that capacity as the Board and executive leadership team focus on continuing its revenue growth campaign.
West Pacific Open Tech CEO Roles
- Symantec Corporation, CA, May 2019 – Symantec announced that Richard S. Hill, current Symantec director and former Chairman and CEO of Novellus Systems, has been appointed Interim President and CEO. He succeeds Greg Clark, who has stepped down as President and CEO and as a member of the Symantec Board. The Company will commence a search process to find a permanent CEO. Greg Clark was appointed Symantec CEO when the security giant acquired Blue Coat in 2016, where he was CEO. The leadership change follows multiple key executive exits at Symantec late last year, including the COO and CMO, an internal accounting probe, activist investor unrest and enterprise sales struggles.
- Overstock, Utah, August 2019 - Internet retailer Overstock.com appointed Mr. Jonathan E. Johnson III as its Interim CEO and Dr. Kamelia Aryafar as member of the Board of Directors in the wake of the resignation of Dr. Patrick M. Byrne as CEO and member of the Board. Johnson has been with the company for nearly 17 years and serves on the Board and as the President of Medici Ventures, the company’s wholly owned subsidiary focusing on blockchain innovation. Former CEO Dr. Patrick M. Byrne disclosed that he had been in a romantic relationship with Maria Butina, a woman accused of being a Russian spy who tried to infiltrate circles of political power before the 2016 presidential election. He resigned as Overstock’s chief executive and chairman, saying his continued presence was complicating the company’s business relationships.
- Coherent, CA, Apr 2019 - Coherent announced that President and CEO John Ambroseo have entered into a transition and retirement agreement, pursuant to which he will step down from his roles no later than April 2021. The Governance and Nominating Committee of the Board is leading a global search for Mr. Ambroseo's successor. Coherent provides lasers, laser-based technologies, and laser-based system solutions for a range of scientific, commercial, and industrial applications.
- Finisar Corporation, CA, Aug 2019 - Finisar Corporation announced that its CEO, Michael Hurlston, will resign to join Synaptics as CEO. Hurlston was not expected to remain with the company following the completion of the pending acquisition of Finisar by II-VI Incorporated. The Board has appointed COO Todd Swanson and EVP of Global Operations Joseph Young, to a newly formed Interim Office of the CEO. Finisar is the world's leading supplier of optical communication products.
- Cloudera, CA, Jun 2019 - Cloudera announced that Tom Reilly will retire as CEO and as a member of the Board. The Board has appointed Martin Cole, Chairman of the Board, as interim CEO. Mr. Cole will work with Mr. Reilly in the meantime to help ensure a smooth transition and to lead the Company's executive team while the Board conducts a search for a permanent CEO. The Board has appointed a committee consisting of board members Peter Fenton, Kim Hammonds, Michael Stankey and Mr. Cole to work with a leading executive recruiting firm to conduct the search for Cloudera's next CEO. Cloudera provides a suite of data analytics and management products in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
- A10 Networks, CA, Jul 2019 - A10 Networks, the virtualized security and SDN vendor also announced that CEO and President Lee Chen will retire once the company hires his successor, which A10 expects to do during the third quarter of 2019. The Board has formed a search committee and retained an executive search firm for the purpose of recruiting and exploring potential CEO candidates. Upon the appointment of a successor, Mr. Chen will resign as president and CEO. A10 Networks hired Bank of America Merrill Lynch to advise the company on “strategic matters” including a potential sale. A10 Networks is a U.S. public company specializing in the manufacturing of application delivery controllers.
- Marchex, WA, Oct 2016 - Pete Christothoulou resigned as CEO in October 2016. An office of the CEO for the call analytics and call tracking company is still in place as of August 30, 2019.
- Move, CA, Jun 2019 - Ryan O’Hara will be departing as CEO of Move, to join Shutterfly as CEO. Ms. Tracey Fellows has been named Acting CEO of Move, operator of realtor.com, while a search for a new chief executive is underway. Ms. Fellows will continue to serve as News Corp’s President of Global Digital Real Estate and lead the development of the fastest growing sector in the company. Move operates an online network of Websites for real estate search in North America.
Open Tech CEO Roles - Canada
- British Columbia: CounterPath, Cascadia Blockchain Group, BLOK Technologies, Squire Mining
- Ontario: First Global Data
Details of Open Tech CEO Roles - Canada
- CounterPath Corporation, BC, Canada, Sep 2018 - CounterPath Corporation announced that Donovan Jones has resigned as President, CEO and director. David Karp, CFO, will serve in an interim role as CEO and lead company until a new CEO is appointed. Desktop and mobile SIP-based VoIP softphones and solutions for enterprises and service providers. Home of the industry favorite Bria and X-Lite clients.
- First Global Data, ON, Canada, Dec 2018 - First Global Data announced the resignation of its Chairman and CEO, Mr. Andre Itwaru, though the company website still lists him as the CEO. The Company is actively sourcing a replacement CEO and will provide additional updates by way of press release. First Global Data provides electronic payments and transaction processing solutions.
- Cascadia Blockchain Group Corp., BC, Canada, Apr 2019 - Cascadia Blockchain Group announced the appointment of Mr. Robin Guo as the Board member and the Acting President & CEO for the vacancies left behind by Ms. Rachel Wang upon her resignation, though the company website still lists her as the CEO. Cascadia Blockchain Group engages in the development of block chain technology platform.
- BLOK Technologies, BC, Canada, Jan 2019 - BLOK Technologies announced the resignation of President & CEO Robert Dawson. Mr. James Hyland, Director, will be serving as interim president. The company has promptly begun a search for a permanent President & CEO. The Company invests in and develops emerging companies in the blockchain technology sector.
- Squire Mining Ltd., BC, Canada, Jan 2019 - Squire Mining announced that COO Mrs. Angela Holowaychuk will assume the responsibilities of interim CEO until a permanent appointment is announced. The company announced the resignation of Taras Kulyk as CEO. Filling the vacancy on the Board of Directors due to the departure of Taras Kulyk, Mrs. Angela Holowaychuk was appointed to the Board for Squire Mining. Squire Mining Ltd. engages in the development, operation, and manufacture of data mining infrastructure and system technology to support blockchain applications in the crypto-asset mining space worldwide.
Open Tech CEO Roles - Rest of the World
- United Kingdom: First Derivatives Plc
- Sweden: Cherry AB
- Australia: CSG Limited
- Israel: On Track Innovations
Details of Open Tech CEO Roles - Rest of the World
- First Derivatives Plc, United Kingdom, Jul 2019 - First Derivatives plc announced that after announcing his diagnosis with cancer, CEO Brian Conlon, 53, passed away on 28 July 2019. In the interim period, Non-Executive Chairman Seamus Keating has been appointed Executive Chairman with immediate effect. First Derivatives has initiated a process to appoint a new CEO.
- Cherry AB, Sweden, May 2018 - Anders Holmgren, CEO and President, left the Swedish gaming company. Gunnar Lind is acting CEO and will remain in this position to ascertain that the group develops according to plan until a permanent CEO is appointed. Swedish Economic Crime Authority initiated an investigation for insider crime as a result of share trading by Cherry’s CEO, Anders Holmgren. Cherry AB’s principal owner is Bridgepoint Europe VI Fund. The Board has resolved to apply for delisting of the Cherry share, series B, from Nasdaq Stockholm.
- CSG Limited, Australia, Mar 2019 - The Directors of CSG Limited have determined that for the Company's strategic transformation program and growth strategy "CSG 2021" to be best implemented, a change of leadership is required. As a result, Mark Bayliss, CSG's Chairman and Executive Director, has been appointed Acting CEO & Managing Director, and has stepped aside from the Chairman's role. Once "CSG 2021" is further progressed, the Board will undertake a selection process for a CEO & Managing Director. Julie-Ann Kerin has stepped down from the role of CEO & Managing Director and has resigned as a Director of the Company. CSG Limited provides print and business technology solutions in Australia and New Zealand.
- On Track Innovations, Israel, Jun 2019 - On Track Innovations' CEO and member of the Board of Directors, Mr. Shlomi Cohen, will step down from the position of CEO by the end of 2019 and will then assume the role of Chairperson of the Board. The Company has initiated the process of recruiting a new CEO. Subject to approval by the Company's shareholders, the transition will be effective January 1, 2020. After stepping down from the position of Chairperson of the Board, Mr. Scott Medford is expected to continue to serve as a Director.
Tech CEO Appointments
Tech CEO Appointments - US
- Northeast & Mid-Atlantic: Infor, NY; Insurity, CT; Digital Ocean, NY; iPipeline, PA; SeaChange International, MA
- Midwest: Westell Technologies, IL; Ontario Systems, IN; Apervita, IL
- South Atlantic: SAIC, VA; TESSCO Technologies, MD; Curvature, NC; Clearwave Corporation, GA
- West Mountain: GoDaddy, AZ; Control4 Corporation, UT
- West Pacific: HP Inc., CA; Synaptics, CA; Electronics for Imaging, CA; Guidewire Software, CA; Castlight Health, CA; Airgain, CA; Silvaco, CA; Glassdoor, CA; Aviso, CA; ShieldX Networks, CA; AllMed Healthcare Management, OR; PayScale, WA
Tech CEO Appointments in the US Northeast & Mid-Atlantic
- Infor, NY - Infor announced a planned leadership transition through which Kevin Samuelson, who has served as Infor's CFO, has been named CEO. Charles Phillips, who has served as CEO since 2010, has been named Chairman of Infor’s Board of Directors. Samuelson will also join Infor’s Board. Samuelson is one of the longest tenured executives at Infor, having spent 14 years between M&A and CFO roles.
- Insurity, CT - Insurity appointed Chris Lafond as its CEO, succeeding Chris Giglio, who will remain on Insurity’s board of directors. Lafond has been part of the Insurity executive team since 2017, previously serving as the company’s CFO. Insurity develops software solutions and services to the commercial, personal, and specialty insurance market.
- Digital Ocean, NY - DigitalOcean has appointed Yancey Spruill as its new CEO. Spruill replaces Mark Templeton, who announced his decision in May 2019 to step down due to personal reasons and has been working closely with the company’s board to identify a successor. Over the last 15 years, Spruill has held various senior leadership roles at technology companies — most recently serving as COO and CFO at SendGrid from 2015 to 2019. Digital Ocean provides a cloud infrastructure for software developers to deploy and scale their applications.
- iPipeline, PA - iPipeline appointed COO/CFO Larry Berran as CEO. As part of the transition, Tim Wallace announced his move into a strategic advisor role. iPipeline®, the provider of cloud-based software solutions for the life insurance and financial services industry announced that it will be acquired by Roper Technologies, a diversified technology company. iPipeline is currently an investment of Thoma Bravo, a leading private equity firm. iPipeline provides cloud-based software solutions for the insurance and financial services industry.
- SeaChange International, MA - SeaChange International named Yossi Aloni, 50, as the Company’s CEO and President. Mark Bonney resigned as CEO and remains the Company’s Executive Chair. Mr. Alonivjoined the Company in January 2019 as the Company’s Chief Commercial Officer. Prior to that, from January 2015 to December 2018, Mr. Aloni served as the Chief of Corporate Operations at Ateme. SeaChange International provides multiscreen, advertising, and premium over the top (OTT) video products and services that facilitate the aggregation, licensing, management, and distribution of video and television advertising content worldwide.
Tech CEO Appointments in the US Midwest Region
- Westell Technologies, IL - Westell Technologies announced that its Board of Directors has chosen Timothy Duitsman as the company’s new President and CEO. He succeeds Alfred S. (Stephen) John, who will be leaving the Company. Since 2012, Mr. Duitsman served as SVP of Product Development at Klein Tools, a manufacturer of hand tools, where he led his team to create innovative, award-winning new products substantially increasing revenue. Westell Technologies designs and distributes telecommunications products to telephone companies in the United States.
- Ontario Systems, IN - Jason Harrington, President of Ontario Systems, will succeed retiring Co-Founder and CEO Ron Fauquher to become the fourth CEO in the company’s nearly 39-year history. Responsible for day-to-day operations as company President, Harrington will now take on additional responsibilities for corporate services including People Services, Finance, and merger and acquisition activity. Ontario Systems has entered into an agreement to be acquired by New York-based investment firm New Mountain Capital. Ontario Systems provides revenue cycle management and accounts receivable management solutions for outsourced accounts receivable management and healthcare industries.
- Apervita, IL - Apervita announced that nationally-recognized healthcare technology veteran Kevin Hutchinson will become the company's next CEO. The move comes on the heels of a merger between Apervita and Qcentive. Apervita has acquired Boston-based Qcentive, a value-based contract and alternative payment administration solutions provider for health care organizations. Kevin helped revolutionize how health information is exchanged as the founding CEO and president of Surescripts, a national platform enabling healthcare stakeholders to transact business and share clinical information to support patient care. Apervita is a self-service platform that enables health professionals to connect health datasets; author evidence-based algorithms and measures; and share and publish insights to a marketplace of community of health analytics.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US South Atlantic Region
- SAIC, VA - Science Applications International Corp. has announced Nazzic S. Keene as CEO. Keene, who most recently served as COO of SAIC, succeeds Tony Moraco, 59, who has retired after serving as CEO since 2013. Prior to serving as SAIC’s COO, she was the president of the company’s Global Markets and Missions sector and led Corporate Strategy.
- TESSCO Technologies, MD - TESSCO Technologies appointed Sandip Mukerjee as the Company’s President and CEO. Former CEO Murray Wright will retire following a transition period to ensure a smooth succession process. Mr. Mukerjee also has replaced Mr. Wright on the Company’s Board of Directors. Mr. Mukerjee, 56, was most recently President, Global Professional & Consulting Services Business, Nokia Software, where he led the 5G portfolio and positioning strategy as well as its 5G commercialization initiatives. Outgoing CEO Murray Wright could not come to terms with the board on a contract extension. TESSCO Technologies architects and delivers products and value chain solutions to support wireless systems in the United States.
- Curvature, NC - Curvature appointed Yehia Maaty Omar as its new CEO. He also has been appointed to Curvature's Board of Directors. Previously, Omar was corporate SVP and Chief Delivery Officer for Xerox Corporation. Previous CEO, Peter Weber, left in May by mutual agreement “to pursue other opportunities”. Curvature provides IT services to organizations worldwide.
- Clearwave Corporation, GA - Clearwave announced its new CEO, Mike Lamb. Mr. Lamb brings a strong background of executive leadership in technology and digital healthcare solutions to the company. He spent more than 20 years at ADP in senior sales and operations leadership across major and global client segments, followed by seven years as COO and then CEO of Viverae/SimplyWell, an employer wellness company. Clearwave Corporation develops and provides exchange software and service-based solutions for patient information to physicians, provider networks, hospitals, labs/clinics, and specialty practices.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US West
- GoDaddy, AZ - GoDaddy announced that the retirement of Scott W. Wagner as the company's CEO and as a member of the company's board, due to personal health reasons. The board has accepted Mr. Wagner's resignation and has appointed Aman Bhutani to serve as Mr. Wagner's successor. Bhutani is the President of the Brand Expedia Group at Expedia Group since July 2015.
- Control4 Corporation, UT - SnapAV, a leading manufacturer of A/V, surveillance, networking and remote management products for professionals, and Control4 Corporation, a leading global provider of smart home solutions, have jointly announced the successful completion of their $680 million merger. SnapAV CEO John Heyman will lead the merged teams as CEO, while former Control4 CEO Martin Plaehn joins the board of SnapAV’s parent company. Control4 Corporation provides smart home and business solutions.
- HP Inc., CA - HP Inc. announced that Dion Weisler, the Company's President and CEO, will step down from his positions. He will continue to be employed by the Company as Senior Executive Advisor, a non-executive officer role, through January 2020. The Company appointed Enrique Lores as President and CEO and Director. Mr. Lores, 54, has served as President of the Company's Imaging, Printing and Solutions business since November 2015. Lores, who started as an engineering intern with the company, played a role in the splitting of Hewlett-Packard into two publicly-listed companies.
- Synaptics, CA - Synaptics Incorporated appointed Michael Hurlston as President and CEO of the Company. Hurlston served as CEO and a member of the Board of Directors of Finisar Corporation from January 2018 to August 2019. Synaptics develops, markets, and sells intuitive human interface solutions for electronic devices and products worldwide.
- Electronics for Imaging, CA - Electronics For Imaging appointed Jeff Jacobson, a 30-year veteran of the digital imaging and industrial technology sector, as CEO. Jacobson will retain his position as Executive Chairman. He succeeds Bill Muir, who is stepping down for personal reasons. Prior to joining EFI, Jacobson served as CEO of Xerox. This change follows the company's acquisition by an affiliate of Siris for approximately $1.7 billion.
- Guidewire Software, CA - Guidewire Software appointed Mike Rosenbaum, former EVP Product at Salesforce, as CEO and Director. Marcus Ryu has transitioned to become Chairman of Guidewire’s Board of Directors. Former Chairman, Peter Gassner, will continue to serve as an independent director.
- Castlight Health, CA - Castlight Health announced that Maeve O'Meara, Chief Product Officer, EVP Product and Customer Experience, has been named as the company's CEO and Director. John Doyle is stepping down from his role as CEO and Director. O'Meara joined Castlight nearly a decade ago, after working as an investor with Highland Capital Partners and as a consultant with Bain & Company. Castlight Health provides a software-as-a-service platform used for health benefits navigation for employees in the United States.
- Airgain, CA - Airgain has appointed President Jacob Suen as the company’s CEO. Mr. Suen succeeds Jim Sims, who will retain his role as the Chairman of the Board. Jacob has been with the company for over 13 years in various management roles, the latest being the President of the company. Airgain designs, develops, and engineers antenna products for original equipment and design manufacturers, chipset vendors, service providers, and value added resellers and distributors worldwide.
- Silvaco, CA - Silvaco announced that its Board of Directors has appointed Babak Taheri to the position of CEO. He will also join Silvaco’s Board of Directors. Taheri has served as Silvaco’s Chief Technical Officer and EVP of Products since October 2018. He succeeds David Dutton who has been CEO since 2015. Silvaco develops and offers technology computer aided design (TCAD) software, circuit simulation, integrated circuit computer aided design (CAD) software tools, and electronic design automation software solutions.
- Glassdoor, CA - Glassdoor announced that president and COO Christian Sutherland-Wong has been promoted to CEO. Glassdoor CEO and co-founder Robert Hohman will step down and remain with Glassdoor as chairman. Last year, Japanese HR giant Recruit Holdings Co. acquired Glassdoor for $1.2 billion in an all-cash deal. Glassdoor operates an online jobs and career community.
- Aviso, CA - Aviso has appointed former Salesforce veteran Trevor Templar, most recently Chief Revenue Officer at Tact.ai as CEO of the company. Aviso provides a cloud-based predictive insights software for sales management, operations, and forecasting.
- ShieldX Networks, CA - ShieldX appointed Kenneth Levine as CEO. Kenneth Levine joins ShieldX after more than 14 years as a cyber security executive. Kenneth Levine is former CEO of Digital Guardian. He is also former CEO of start-up NitroSecurity, a SIEM platform, before a successful acquisition by McAfee in 2011. At McAfee, Kenneth Levine was SVP and GM of the security management business unit. ShieldX Networks develops network and cloud security software, APEIRO.
- AllMed Healthcare Management, OR - AllMed Healthcare Management announce the promotion of Maridy McGinnis to president and CEO. McGinnis has served as COO of AllMed since October 2018, overseeing the day-to-day management of the company. She replaces Andrew Rowe, who will remain as executive chairman. AllMed Healthcare Management provides physician review solutions to payer and provider organizations in the United States.
- PayScale, WA - PayScale announced that Scott Torrey will take on the role of CEO in a planned succession from CEO Mike Metzger. Torrey is a former 20-year senior executive with SAP/Concur. Torrey joined Concur in 1999 as part of the early management team and most recently spent the last six years as Concur's International Chief Revenue Officer, spurring the growth of the company’s global revenue by more than 40%. PayScale provides cloud compensation software for individuals and business customers.
Tech CEO Appointments - Canada
- Quebec: TeraXion, Fresche Solutions
- British Columbia: BIG Blockchain Intelligence Group, eXeBlock Technology Corporation
- Ontario: Cryptologic Corp., Vena Solutions
Tech CEO Appointments - Canada
- TeraXion, QC, Canada - Ghislain Lafrance, current VP of Commercialization and Technology, will be promoted to CEO. Alain-Jacques Simard, President and CEO, will take on the role of Executive Chairman. BDC Capital has acquired a minority share of the company through its Growth Equity division, while its Growth and Transition Capital division, a partner of TeraXion since 2016, is collaborating with CIBC to help the company with its bank refinancing. TeraXion engages in the design, manufacture, and supply of photonic components that incorporate fiber Bragg gratings, low noise lasers, and integrated photonics.
- Cryptologic Corp., ON, Canada - The Company will be led by a management team including Jordan Greenberg, the current CFO of the Corporation, named as CEO. John Kennedy FitzGerald will step down as CEO of Cryptologic and transition leadership of the Company to Mr. Greenberg. Cryptologic Corp. operates as a crypto currency miner and software development company in Québec, Canada.
- Vena Solutions, ON, Canada - Vena Solutions has announced that it has appointed cloud software growth veteran Hunter Madeley as its new CEO. Founding CEO Don Mal announced his retirement and will remain with the company in an advisory and support role. Madeley joins Vena from global marketing automation and customer relationship management (CRM) firm HubSpot, where as chief sales officer he led annual revenue growth from $80 million to nearly $600 million in just five years. Vena Solutions develops and markets Web-based corporate performance management software solutions that integrate with native Microsoft Excel over the Web.
- Fresche Solutions, QC, Canada - Fresche Solutions appointed COO Daniel Crépeau as President & CEO. Crépeau replaces Andy Kulakowski, who has been part of Fresche for the last 30 years. Fresche Solutions, a legacy management company, re-hosts, re-writes, and re-architects business-critical applications.
- BIG Blockchain Intelligence Group, BC, Canada - BIG Blockchain Intelligence Group completed its previously announced $3 million acquisition of Netcoins Inc. At the closing of the Transaction, Netcoins CEO Mark Binns stepped up to lead the Company as CEO. Mr. Binns has agreed to join the Company's Board of Directors, subject to formal acceptance by the Board. BIG Blockchain Intelligence Group develops blockchain search and analytics solutions for financial and e-commerce enterprises.
- eXeBlock Technology Corporation, BC, Canada - eXeBlock Technology Corporation announced that Mr. Ken Marshall, a recently appointed member of the Board, will assume the President & CEO responsibilities from Mr. Jamie Davison, who is leaving to pursue other business opportunities but will continue to serve the Company in an advisory capacity. Most recently, Mr. Marshall was the SVP, National Residential Marketing (Toronto) where he led the Wireline Marketing Group in the launch of Ignite TV, a fully internet-based delivery platform, to new and existing customers. eXeBlock Technology Corporation develops blockchain based software solutions to businesses and markets worldwide.
Tech CEO Appointments - Rest of the World
- India: Mindtree Limited, Firstsource Solutions
- Finland: Digitalist Group Plc
- Australia: Integrated Payment Technologies
- United Kingdom: IRIS Software Group
Tech CEO Appointment Details - Rest of the World
- Mindtree, India - Mindtree Limited appointment of former Cognizant executive Debashis Chatterjee as its new CEO and MD. Prior to joining Mindtree, Chatterjee was President, Global Delivery and Global Leader for the Digital Systems and Technology practice at Cognizant. Mindtree provides digital transformation and technology services. With 60% stake, L&T completed its hostile takeover of Mindtree in June 2019.
- Firstsource Solutions, India - Firstsource Solutions approved the appointment of Cognizant's Global Head of Digital Operations, Mr. Vipul Khanna as Additional Director and the Managing Director & CEO for a term of five years. Firstsource Solutions Limited provides customized business process management services.
- Digitalist Group Plc, Finland - Petteri Poutiainen has been appointed as the new CEO of Digitalist Group Plc. Before his appointment as CEO, Poutiainen has worked as the Finland's Country Leader of Salesforce since 2016. Hans Parvikoski, Company's Interim CEO and CFO, will continue to serve Digitalist Group as a CFO. Digitalist Group Plc provides digital solutions and consulting services.
- Integrated Payment Technologies, Australia - Integrated Payment Technologies Limited announced that it has appointed Mr. Dean Martin to the role of CEO. Mr. Martin is currently InPayTech's Head of Customer Experience. Mr. Martin succeeds Robin Beauchamp who stepped down from the CEO role in February 2019 to concentrate his efforts as CTO of InPayTech. Integrated Payment Technologies provides integrated electronic payment remittance solutions in Australia.
- IRIS Software Group, United Kingdom - IRIS Software Group is announcing the appointment of Elona Mortimer-Zhika to the position of CEO. She succeeds Kevin Dady who has been promoted to the role of Executive Chairman. Mortimer-Zhika joined IRIS in 2016 as CFO and was promoted to COO in 2018. The company acquires payroll and HR tech firm FMP Global. IRIS Software Group primarily provides business critical software and services to accountants and payroll professionals in the United Kingdom.
Vell Executive Search Representative Placements
About Vell Executive Search
- Deep tech industry retained search experience
- More dedicated time as consultants have few parallel projects.
- Thorough understanding of your company’s business and culture
- Behavioral interviews and competency scorecards.
- Constant two-way, direct communication and 24 /7 availability.
- Insightful and detailed reference checking
- Broad reach of candidates: no hidden relationships. No off-limits.
- Analytics based search process.
Vell Executive Search Contact