Internally Promoted CEOs
- Micro Focus: Chris Hsu steps down immediately as CEO after lower revenue projections; Stephen Murdoch, currently the COO, becomes CEO and rejoins the board with immediate effect.
- Texas Instruments: COO Brian Crutcher Promoted to CEO at Texas Instruments. Texas Instruments appointed EVP, COO & Director Brian T. Crutcher, 44, to the position of President and CEO succeeding Richard K. Templeton, 58. Templeton will remain Chairman of the Board.
- T-Mobile US: John Legere, 59, President T-Mobile US is named CEO and board member.
- Vodafone: Vittorio Colao, 56, departure as Vodafone Group CEO, after ten years at the helm. He will be succeeded by group CFO, former UK CEO and former CEO of Africa and Asia Pac, Nick Read, 52.
- Sprint: hired COO of Altice Michel Combes and replaced CFO Tarek Robbiati, who left Sprint. As of May 2, 2018, Michel Combes was named CEO.
- Cogeco: Philippe Jetté was named CEO of both public companies (Cogeco Inc. and Cogeco Communications). He was most recently the President of Cogeco Peer1, a subsidiary of Cogeco Communications. He has also served as SVP and CTO of Cogeco Communications and is a former Bell Canada executive. Louis Audet, former CEO, is becoming Chairman.
Externally Sourced CEOs
- Black Knight: Anthony Jabbour, 49, is the new CEO and was most recently Fidelity National Information Services, and joins the board; Tom Sanzone.56, the former CEO will become the company’s Vice Chairman of the Board and will assist with the transition.
- Nuance Communications: Mark Benjamin, 46, is the new CEO, formerly President & COO, NCR Corp. succeeding CEO since 2000, Paul Ricci, 61, who is retiring.
- Infosys: Salil Parekh, 53 a former executive of Capgemini joined as CEO.
- Fleet Management Software Omnitracs, a Qualcomm subsidiary, appointed Ray Greer, 54, as CEO. Most recently President of BNSF Logistics. He has had exec roles at Greatwide Logistics Services, Newgistics, Ryder Logistics and FedEx. Omnitracks with a focus on emerging industry trendslike big data analytics and artificial intelligence.