Multiple Complex Changes
We see multiple complex changes in several categories: Companies emerging from crisis, continuing restructuings from recent CEOs, promotions with growth, activist investors going to War, and the reverberations of stock prices falling.
- Massive restructurings: Samsung and Avaya arise from Crisis
- Promotions from Within the Dating World: Match group promotes internal executives; is looking for CEOs for OkCupid and PlentyOfFish
- Carl Icahn goes to War at Xerox
- Cisco’s new CEO Continues Restructuring
- Altice Seeks to Reassure Investors After Big Stock Drop
Samsung CEO Kwon Oh-hyun Resigns Amidst ‘Unprecedented Crisis’ and Leadership Promotions
- After the resignation of the CEO, three co-CEOs take over the role, each with a specific focus: Kim Ki-nam heading up the components business, Kim Hyun-suk (HS Kim) running consumer electronics, and Koh Dong-jin (DJ Koh) in charge of mobile and IT. Yoon Boo-keun (BK Yoon) and Shin Jong-kyun (JK Shin) are resigning altogether from their previous co-CEO roles after stepping back from direct control in 2015.
- Hee-Chan Roh promoted from divisional CFO to President and CFO
- Tim Baxter was promoted to Corporate President and continues as CEO of Samsung Electronics America.
- Promoted to President from heads of their same divisions: Gyoyoung Jin, Memory Business, Inyup Kang, LSI Business, Eun Seung Jung, Foundry Business, Jong-Hee Han, Visual Display Business,
- Deuk-kyu Hwang promoted to President and Head of Samsung China.
Avaya Announces Post Chapter 11 Board and Executive Team
Avaya announced new board of directors upon its emergence from chapter 11 as a public company.
The board consists of: (1) Newly promoted CEO Jim Chirico, 59, former COO and Global Sales lead (2) Ronald A. Rittenmeyer, 70, Executive Chairman and CEO at Tenet Healthcare, a diversified health care services company. (3) Stephan Scholl, 46, President of Infor. (4) Susan L. Spradley, 56, former Nortel, Nokia and Viavi solutions exec. (5) Stanley J. Sutula III, 51, EVP and CFO, Pitney Bowes. (6) Scott D. Vogel, 42, former Analyst and Investment Banker, (7) William D. Watkins, 64, most recently the Chairman and CEO of Storage provider Imergy Power Systems, and former CEO, Veritas Software (aka Seagate).
In conjunction with the new CEO, several management appointments were announced: (1) Avaya hires Seagate’s CFO Patrick O'Malley as SVP and CFO. Former CFO, David Vellequette remained until the end of the year as SVP Finance to ensure a smooth transition. (2) Era Group’s Ms. Shefali Shah joined as SVP, Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel. (3) Returning from Mednax, Nikos Nikolopoulos has been named as SVP of Corporate Strategy, Corporate Development and Marketing. (4) Avaya also announced four senior promotions in the UK and Ireland.
Match Group ‘s Promotes CEO & others & Looks for OkCupid and PlentyofFish CEOs
- Current Americas Chief Amanda (Mandy) Ginsberg, 48, is named CEO and board member of Match Group.
- Elie Seidman, currently CEO of OkCupid, will become Tinder's new CEO, reporting into Ms. Ginsberg.
- Amarnath Thombre, 44, currently Chief Strategy Officer at Match Group, will become CEO of Match Group Americas, where he will oversee Match, Match Affinity Brands, PlentyOfFish, OkCupid and Match's Latin America businesses, reporting into Ms. Ginsberg.
- Hesam Hosseini, currently CEO of PlentyOfFish, will become CEO of Match and Match Affinity Brands, reporting into Mr. Thombre.
- Match Group is actively recruiting to fill the CEO positions at both OkCupid and PlentyOfFish.
- Philip D. Eigenmann, 47, SVP and Global Controller, is named Chief Accounting Officer of the company.
Carl Icahn wages war against Xerox, wants to replace CEO and Nominates Four Board Members
- Former Icahn MD Jonathan Christodoro quit Xerox's board on Friday, paving the way for Carl Icahn to name four board members and calls for CEO resignation. Icahn owns 9.7 percent of Xerox, which split into two companies last year: Conduent, which contains its business services units, and Xerox, the equipment maker.
- Icahn's new slate of nominees includes Christodoro; Keith Cozza, also associated with Icahn; Jay Firestone, the CEO of Prodigy Pictures, and Randolph Read, the CEO of Nevada Strategic Credit Investments, an investment fund.
CEO Chuck Robbins Shakes Up Cisco Management
- Two execs leave the company: Chris Dedicoat, EVP, Worldwide Sales & Field Operations will leave the company and Rebecca Jacoby, SVP and Chief of Operations.
- Cisco SVP of Asia Pacific and Japan Irving Tan will take on the newly created role of SVP of Operations and Digital, responsible for leading Cisco's digital transformation.
Altice N.V. and Altice USA Witness Board and Leadership Changes amid Debt Concerns
- Altice NV said on Thursday that Chief Executive Michel Combes, 55, has resigned in a management reshuffle, with founder Patrick Drahi, 54, returning as president, as the telecoms group seeks to reassure investors following poor results in Europe.
- Dexter Goei, 46, was named as CEO and will also continue as chief executive and chairman of Altice USA.
- CEO of Videotron Manon Brouillette, 48, was named to the Altice USA Board.
- In the other changes, Dennis Okhuijsen, 46, was named Altice Europe chief executive in addition to serving as chief financial officer of Altice NV, and Alain Weill, 56, chief executive of the company’s SFR Media unit, is appointed SFR Group chairman and chief executive and Altice Media chief operating officer. Armando Pereira, 56, will be Altice Telecom COO, responsible for core telecommunications operations across the company.
Significant Changes: Boards, CEOs & Other Significant Changes
- Alphabet’s Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt Resigns from Role. As of Alphabet’s next board meeting in January 2018, Eric Schmidt, 62, will be transitioning from his position as Executive Chairman, becoming a technical advisor to the company while continuing to serve on its board. The company expects the board to appoint a non-executive chairman at its next meeting in January.
- High Profile Exec Leaves Intel and Joins Google’s Cloud Unit as COO. Diane Bryant, 55, who was previously Intel’s head of its data center business, will become the chief operating officer of Google’s cloud unit.
- Microsoft Elects Former US Secretary of Commerce as Newest Board Member. Entrepreneur, civic leader and philanthropist and former United States Secretary of Commerce Penny S. Pritzker, JD, 58, joins as director of Microsoft.
- IBM Elects Joseph R. Swedish and Frederick H. Waddell to Board. Joseph R. Swedish, 65, is the chairman, president and CEO of Anthem. Frederick H. Waddell, 63, is the chairman and CEO of Northern Trust Corporation.
- China Telecom’s newly appointed President & COO Liu Aili, 54, joins the board.
- Intel: Ambassador Charlene Barshefsky, 67, Not to Stand for Re-Election to Intel’s Board. Barshefsky, a member of the Board since 2004, will continue to serve in her independent Board role and Board committee membership until the 2018 Annual Stockholders' Meeting. Intel Beefs Up Visual Computing Business. AMD exec Raja Koduri joins Intel as chief architect, SVP of the newly formed Core and Visual Computing Group, and general manager of a new initiative to drive edge computing solutions.
- Qualcomm Promotes New President and Hires New CMO from Intel. Long timer, Cristiano R. Amon, EVP, Qualcomm Technologies and president of QCT, has been promoted to president of Qualcomm. Intel’s Penny Baldwin has joined Qualcomm as SVP and CMO.
- Infosys Taps New CEO from Capgemini. Infosys has appointed Salil S. Parekh, 53, as CEO & MD of the company. He has nearly three decades of global experience in the IT services industry. Parekh joins Infosys from Capgemini where he was a member of the group executive board. Mr. U B Pravin Rao, 55, will step down as the interim CEO and Managing Director effective January 2, 2018 and will continue as COO and a whole-time Director of the company.
- Jabil nominated Christopher Holland for election to the Jabil Board of Directors in January 2018. Holland has been SVP and CFO of C.R. Bard, a multinational developer, manufacturer and marketer of medical technologies and products, since May 2012. Prior, he was SVP, Finance and Treasurer of Aramark Corporation, a global provider of food, facilities and uniform services.
- Diane B. Greene Decided to Step Down from the Board of Intuit. Diane B. Greene, 62, will not stand for re-election at Intuit’s annual meeting of stockholders in January 2018 and will continue to serve on the Board until that time. Greene was co-founder and the CEO of VMware from 1998 until 2008. She is the CEO for Google's cloud businesses, and also serves on the company’s board of directors.
- HPE’s New CEO and Micro-Focus Spin-Off: (1) HP Enterprise Promotes President Antonio Neri, 50, to CEO and Director. Meg Whitman, 61, current CEO, will remain on the HPE Board of Directors. (2)HP Enterprise Spin-Off of Micro-Focus & Merger with HPE’s Software Results in Board Changes. (1) John Schultz, EVP, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of HPE, joined the board of directors of Micro Focus. (2) Goldman Sachs veteran Lawton Wehle Fitt, 64, joined as a non-executive director. (3) Stephen Murdoch, 50, the former CEO of Micro Focus, has stepped down from the Board and has become the COO of Micro Focus.
- Rogers Communications’ Chair & CEO Alan Horn, 65 steps down.
- SAIC Appoints frmr Carlyle MD Mark J. Johnson as Member of Board of Directors.
- Gartner, Inc. frmr CEO Chase Card Services Appoints Eileen Serra as Director.
- Broadcom Appoints Former Benchmark Electronics CEO as Independent Director. Broadcom appointed Ms. Gayla J. Delly, 57, as an independent director of the company. Ms. Delly served as CEO of Benchmark Electronics.
- VMware Announces Resignation of Paul Maritz from Board. Paul Maritz, 62, notified the company of his resignation from Board. Former CEO of VMware and Pivotal Software.
- Telefónica S.A. Announces Voluntary Resignation of Antonio Massanell Lavilla as Director. Antonio Massanell Lavilla, 63, Senior EVP of Fundacion Bancaria Caixa d'Estalvis i Pensions de Barcelona, has announced his voluntary resignation to the position of Director of Telefónica, S.A.
- Cognizant Witnesses Board Member Transitions. COO Leaves. Newest board member Joseph M. Velli, 59, previously served as Senior EVP and as a member of the Senior Policy Committee of The Bank of New York. Former Chairman and CEO of Cognizant and CEO of IMS Health, Robert E. Weissman, 76, retired from its board, having served since 2001.
- Convergys Board Member and COO Retire - Richard F. Wallman notified Convergys Corporation that he will retire from the company's board of directors, effective December 31, 2017, in order to dedicate his time to other matters. Marjorie M. Connelly, 55, retires as COO.
- BT Witnesses Board Changes After Strategy Chief Exits as Part of Management Overhaul. Former chief strategy officer Sean Williams, who earlier resigned from his exec role, also resigned as a director, while, Group CFO Simon Lowth, Neil Harris and Patrick Bradley were appointed directors of the company.
- Former CEO of TE Connectivity, Thomas J. Lynch, 62, Announces Retirement from Board and as Executive Chairman.
- Electronic Arts Names New Board Member. Heidi Ueberroth, 51, former President of NBA International, joins EA board.
- Telenor ASA Elects René Obermann as New Member of the Board. René Obermann, 54, is Partner and Managing Director at Warburg Pincus International LLC and former CEO of Deutsche Telekom AG.
- Fidelity National Information Services Appoints Louise M. Parent, 67, as Director. A former EVP and general counsel of AmEx, Parent has more than 35 years of experience in the financial industry. FIS COO, for Banking and Payment sytems, Anthony Jabbour, 49, resigns.
- DXC Technology Company, Vencore and KeyPoint Government Solutions Announces Board and Management Team of New Combined Company. DXC Technology will combine its U.S. Public Sector (USPS) business with Vencore Holding Corporation and KeyPoint Government Solutions to form a separate, independent publicly traded company to serve U.S. public sector clients. Mike Lawrie will chair the board of the new company. Veritas Capital’s Ramzi Musallam will join the board of the new company, with remaining board members named at a later date. Meg Whitman, CEO of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, will step down from the DXC Technology board.
- Mac Curtis, president and CEO of Vencore, will become the CEO of the new company. Marilyn Crouther, SVP and GM, DXC USPS, will become COO. DXC Technology Company Announces Resignation of Meg Whitman as Board Member
- Chinese travel services Ctrip.com International Announces Director Changes. Tony Yip, 37, VP and Head of Investments, Mergers & Acquisitions at Baidu, resigned. Herman Cheng-Chun Yu, 46, CFO, Baidu, is the new Baidu appointee.
- Expedia Appoints Courtnee Chun to the Board. Courtnee Chun, 42, succeeds Dr. John C. Malone, 76, who resigned. Ms. Chun has served as SVP of Investor Relations for Liberty Interactive Corporation and Liberty Media Corporation, and has served as a director of HSN since May 2013.
- NetApp Appoints Board Members. NetApp announced that Deborah Kerr, 45, former EVP and chief product and technology officer at Sabre, and Scott Schenkel, 49, CFO at eBay, have joined its board of directors.
- Payment Solutions Provider TSYS Announced the Election of Two New Members to its Board of Directors and Key Exec Departure. TSYS elected Thaddeus Arroyo, 53, CEO of AT&T Business and Richard A. Smith, 63, Chairman, CEO and President of Realogy Holdings Corp, as Directors. Chuck Harris, senior EVP and President of NetSpend, will be leaving the company and the payments industry at the end of the year to pursue a new career in the non-profit arena as Executive Director of the University of Texas Alumni Association.
- NEC Corporation of America Announces New CEO for US Expansion. NEC Corporation of America (NECAM) named Masahiro (Mark) Ikeno as its new President and CEO. He previously led NEC’s EMEA operations, where as President and CEO. Ikeno has replaced Shinsuke Takahashi, who is also taking on a new role as NECAM’s Chairman of the Board. In addition, he has taken on the newly created position of Head of Government Relations based in Washington, D.C.
- Square Announces AI Expert Anna Patterson, 52, as Newest Board Member. Patterson is the Founder and Managing Partner at Gradient Ventures, google’s AI focused venture fund. Patterson is also VP of Engineering at Google and most recently helped to integrate AI into products across Google.
- SmartForest Ventures Managing Partner, Deborah A. Coleman, 65, Not to Stand for Re-Election to Synopsys's Board.
- ANSYS Appoints Alec Gallimore, 53, to the Board. Gallimore holds several posts at the University of Michigan, including the Robert J. Vlasic Dean of Engineering, the Chief Academic and Executive Officer of Michigan Engineering. He is also director of the NASA-funded Michigan Space Grant Consortium and co-director of the Plasmadynamics and Electric Propulsion Laboratory.
- The Sage Group plc Appoints its Current President as Board Member. D. Blair Crump, 56, joined the board as an executive director. Crump joined the for the accounting software maker in August 2016 as President.
- Randhir Thakur to Resign as Director of Marvell Technology Group. Dr. Randhir Thakur, 55, EVP and GM, of the Silicon Systems Group at Applied Materials resigns from Marvell’s Board.
- Financial Services Solutions Provider Broadridge Appoints Pamela L. Carter to Board. Pamela L. Carter, 68, is the retired President of Cummins Distribution Business.
- AMD Appoints Former CEO of Micron Technology Mark Duncan, 56, as Director.
- Thermal Imaging Camera Systems FLIR Systems Announces Election of Robert S. Tyrer to Board; CFO and BU Leader Appointed. Tyrer, 59, has been the Co-President of The Cohen Group, a business advisory firm. He is a former Chief of Staff for the Department of Defense, and served 21 years on Capitol Hill. Carlisle companies exec Carol P. Lowe will join the company as EVP and CFO. Raytheon veteran David Ray has been named President of the Government & Defense Business Unit.
- Sabre Corporation Announces Board Changes. (1) Hervé Couturier, 59, former EVP, R&D, at Amadeus (2) Larry Kellner, 58, former CEO of Continental airlines moves from Exec Chair to non Exec Chair.
- Cypress Semiconductor Appoints Jeannine Sargent to Board of Directors. Sargent, 53, brings 30 years of experience encompassing leadership, operations, marketing and engineering roles within a diverse mix of high tech component and systems companies and her most recent role being President of Innovation and New Ventures at Flex, a leading contract design, engineering and manufacturing company,
- Nuance Communications Appoints Director from Healthcare Sector; Business Transformation EVP Named. Laura Kaiser, President and CEO of SSM Health, has joined Nuance’s Board of Directors.
- NCR Corporation Elects New Directors. NCR elected (1) Deborah A. Farrington, 67, co-founder and general partner of StarVest Partners, L.P. and president of StarVest Management, and (2) Matthew Thompson, 58, EVP of field operations for Adobe, to the company's board.
- Infor Names VMware COO to Board. Infor appointed Sanjay Poonen, 47, to its board of directors. Poonen replaces Daniel Haspel who has left the board of directors. Poonen has served as VMware’s COO, Customer Operations since October 2016.
- Marvell Technology Acquires Cavium; Names New Leaders for Combined Company. Marvell Technology Group’s $6 bllion acquisition of Cavium combines Marvell's portfolio of leading HDD and SSD storage controllers, networking solutions and high-performance wireless connectivity products with Cavium's portfolio of leading multi-core processing, networking communications, storage connectivity and security solutions. (1) Marvell CEO Matt Murphy, 44, leads the combined company (2) Marvell's current CFO Jean Hu, (3) Cavium's Co-founder and COO Raghib Hussain and (4) Cavium's VP of IC Engineering Anil Jain. (5) In addition, Cavium's Co-founder and CEO, Syed Ali, is named strategic advisor.
- AT&T Names Kirk McDonald as CMO of AT&T’s Advertising and Analytics Company. The new company, established in fall 2017 in anticipation of the closing of the Time Warner merger, will create a new, innovative advertising platform focused on transparency and brand-safe placement in premium content across screens. Kirk joins AT&T from PubMatic, where he was responsible for the company’s go-to market functions worldwide.
- Verizon Communications Appoints New VP of Corporate Communications. Mariana Agathoklis was most recently VP of communications at MTV, where she led a New York/LA-based communications team whose work spanned MTV's series, specials and initiatives across its linear, digital, mobile and social media platforms.
General Managers: Presidents & COOs
- SAP Names COO Christian Klein, 37, to Executive Board to Lead Global Business Operations. Global Business Operations will coordinate the internal activities at SAP that support the Run Simple program, drive simplification and modernization of core business processes and align them with SAP's cloud and platform strategy.
- Nokia Promotes Nokia Transformation SVP to COO. Nokia appointed Joerg Erlemeier, 52, as COO and member of the Group Leadership Team. Erlemeier was most recently SVP, Nokia Transformation. He replaces Monika Maurer, 61, who will stay for a transition period.
- Ericsson promotes one EVP. Two Leave. Ericsson appointed Fredrik Jejdling as EVP and will continue as Head of Business Area Networks and member of the Ericsson Executive Team. Jan Frykhammar and Magnus Mandersson, both EVP and advisor to the CEO are leaving the company to pursue other opportunities.
- Capgemini Names COOs to Oversee Group Transformation and Group Performance. Capgemini appointed Thierry Delaporte and Aiman Ezzat as COOs and Capgemini SE executive corporate officers. Their primary role within the Office of the CEO will be of Group transformation for Thierry and Group performance for Aiman. Thierry Delaporte has been Head of Capgemini's Financial Services Strategic BU since 2012 and operations in Latin America since 2016. Aiman Ezzat has held the role of CFO at Capgemini since December 2012.
- Cadence Design Systems Promotes New President. Anirudh Devgan, 47, EVP and GM, Digital & Signoff Group and the System & Verification Group, has been appointed President at Cadence.
- WEX Announces Retirement of George Hogan as SVP, International. George Hogan, 56, is retiring from WEX. Hogan will remain employed by WEX in a non-executive officer capacity until April 2018. Hogan’s responsibilities have been allocated amongst other members of WEX’s executive management.
- SAS Promotes CTO to COO Oliver Schabenberger to the role of COO. Schabenberger will retain his role as CTO and take on additional responsibilities for sales, marketing and customer support services. SAS announced the promotion of Alaa Youssef to Managing Director for its Middle East operations. Joined SAS in 2011.
- International Game Technology Looks for CEO, NA Lottery & Names New General Counsel: Michael Chambrello will retire as CEO, North American Lottery. While the position remains unfilled, Marco Sala, CEO of IGT, will directly manage the North America Lottery business segment. It also named Christopher Spears is joining as SVP and General Counsel from Caterpillar and will report to the CFO. Spears will replace Neil Abrams who is retiring.
- Tom Beaudoin, 64, Returns to Nuance Communications as EVP, Business Transformation. Beaudoin returns to Nuance after two years, where he served as CFO for SimpliVity and helped orchestrate its successful sale to HP Enterprise.
- Uber Technologies Hires former Orbitz CEO Barney Harford as the New COO. Harford, who also sits on airline company United's board, had been working in an advisory capacity at Uber since October 2017. At Uber, Harford will be responsible for global operations, marketing and customer support for both the ridesharing business and UberEats.
- CEO of acquired Skyhigh Networks Rajiv Gupta to Run McAfee’s New Cloud Business Unit.
- Accenture Names New Leaders in Media, Analytics and BlockChain. (1) Accenture hired Anders Lindblad, a 20-year veteran of Ericsson, as Communications & Media industry lead for Europe. (2) Natalie Heisler is now managing director for the Accenture Analytics in Canada.. He was formerly with Qlik, MicroStrategy, SAP and SAS. (3) Iliana Oris Valiente has been named managing director and global blockchain innovation lead for the company's emerging technology group.
- Intuit Creates Chief Product and Design Officer Role. Intuit named Diego Rodriguez as EVP, chief product and design officer. He joins from IDEO where he was a partner and global managing director. He brings deep experience in design thinking, entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Adobe Promotes Scott Belsky, 37, to Product Chief and EVP, Creative Cloud. Scott Belsky is the former VP of Products at Adobe, leading the Creative Cloud mobile product strategy.
- Salesforce Promotes Two Execs to Chief Strategy Officer and Chief Product Officer. (1) Alexandre Dayon, 49, President and Chief Product Officer at Salesforce, was named President and Chief Strategy Officer. (2) Bret Taylor, 37, founder and CEO of acquired Quip, is named President and Chief Product Officer.
- Expedia Promotes APAC Exec as New Chief Commercial Office to its Corporate Travel Division, Egencia. Ms. Mieke De Schepper, 41, has been with Expedia since 2015. Based in Singapore, she has been leading Egencia’s Lodging Partner Services Market Management efforts in APAC, driving key account management relationships with hotel partners in APAC and coordinating the execution of business strategy for Lodging Partner Services.
- P&C Insurance Software co. Guidewire Software Announces Go to Market & Customer Appointments: Eileen Maier SVP, Solution Consulting and Go to Market Delivery is promoted to Chief Business Officer, replacing Scott Roza, 49, who is stepping down. Steve Sherry, SVP of Worldwide Sales was named Chief Sales Officer. Alex Naddaff, 62, Chief Customer Officer, is promoted to Chief Cloud and Customer Success Officer.
Chief Financial Officers
- Palo Alto Networks Announces CFO Changes. Palo Alto Networks announced the resignation of Steffan Tomlinson, 44, as EVP, CFO, and promotes Kathleen Bonanno, 55 to the role.
- CFO and General Counsel Changes at CDW Corporation. Ann E. Ziegler, 58, CFO, retires at the end of 2017 after nearly 10 years of service to the company. Collin B. Kebo, currently VP, financial planning and analysis and CFO for international operations, is promoted to CFO. (3) Frederick ('Rick') J. Kulevich, deputy GC, is promoted SVP, general counsel and corporate secretary.
- F5 Networks’ CFO and EVP Retires in June 2018; CMO Resigns (1) Andrew Reinland, 53, EVP and CFO will retire in June 2018. (2) CMO & EVP Benjamin Gibson, 49, has resigned to join Nutanix as CMO.
- GoDaddy Financial Executive Promotion. GoDaddy promotes Rebecca Morrow, 44, to serve as the Chief Accounting Officer and principal accounting officer of the Company. Morrow served as VP of Finance and Head of Technical Accounting and Reporting at the Company since 2015. Ray Winborne, 49, current principal accounting officer, continues to serve the Company in the capacity of CFO.
- athenahealth Hires New CFO from JDA, Makes Role Change for Senior Leader: JDA CFO Marc A. Levine, 57, is athenahealth’s new CFO. John A. Jack" Kane will step down as iCFO and remain on the board.
- TSMC Announces Retirement of SVP Dr. Stephen Tso. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company announced that SVP Dr. Stephen Tso has decided to retire from the Company. Dr. Tso’s responsibilities in Materials Management and Risk Management (MM&RM) will be assumed by VP J.K. Lin, and his responsibilities in IT will be assumed by Senior Director Thomas Chen.
- Rackspace Acquires Datapipe and Names Three Execs. Joel Friedman as CTO; Dan Newton, SVP, Account Management and Service delivery; and Dan Tudahl, GM, Government Solutions.
Vell Executive Search Insights
Research & Newsletters on Boards
Vell Research Reports
Women Board Members on Tech Boards (2017)
Technology Board Report (Entrepreneurial Companies)
Board Leadership Structure Report (Fortune 100)
Monthly Leadership Updates:
Women Directors in Large Boards - Moves
Technology Board Members - Moves
Technology Execs on Corporate Boards - Moves
Research & Newsletters on Executive Leadership
Vell Research Reports
Characteristics of Successful Tech CEOs
CIO Succession (Fortune 100)
Monthly Leadership Updates - Open CEO & Open CIO/CTO Roles
CEO Moves & Open Roles in the Tech Industry
CTO, CIO, CISO & Engineering Exec Moves & Open Roles in the Tech Industry
Monthly leadership Updates Blog Posts - Keep Up to Date by Tech Sector
Giant Tech Companies
Healthcare IT & Technology
Cloud & Infrastructure
You can subscribe to our Open Roles Newsletters and research reports
Recent Vell Placements
For Specific bios and announcements, please refer to our Website - www.vell.com
Board Member, $50m Security Software, West Coast
Fleetmatics (FLTX), Fleet Management Software (SaaS) - Board member (4)
Carbonite (CARB), Online Backup for SMB (SaaS) - Board Members (2)
LogMeIn (LOGM), SaaS & IoT Software - Board members (2)
CEOs/ Presidents/ GM
COO, Digital Media Co.
CEO, Unified Communication
CEO, $10m Software for media
President, $1.4b BPO business
Chairman & CEO - Application Software company (West Coast)
CTOs/ Engineering/ CIOs/CISOs
Chief Digital Officer, $1b revenue Connected Car Company
CTO, $5b market cap Payments company
CTO, $70m EdTech SaaS Co.
CIO, $2b Media company (NYC)
CIO & CISO, Secure Document Software Company (West coast)
CTO & CPO, $100m Mortgage Software company
CTO, Security Software company (West Coast)
CISO, $5b Tech Company
CFO, West coast tech company
CFO, Quantum Computing Company
CFO , $1b Media Company
CFO, digital media Company
SVP Sales, $22m Enterpise Software Co.
SVP Sales & Services, $70m EdTech SaaS Co.
EVP Sales, Marketing & BD, $500m Unified Communications Co.
VP, North America (now SVP Sales), $60m SaaS to Retail Industry
CMO, SaaS Software Company
VP, Marketing, $50m software company
VP, Marketing & BD, Software company
CMO, $50m Services Company
CPO, HCIT Healthcare SaaS (Division of large co.)
VP Product Management, $120m SaaS Co.
VP & GM, Transportation and Logistics Software (SaaS, large public co.)
VP & GM, SMB (SaaS, large public co.)
Are you thinking of recruiting a technology executive?
Vell Executive Search
185 Devonshire, Unit 200
Boston, MA 02110
Main Line: 617-530-1260