Geographic Distribution of Open Tech CEO Roles & Appointments
Reasons for CEO departures of Note
- Devin Wenig resigned as CEO of eBay. The move comes amid turmoil at the company. Earlier this year, investors Elliott Management suggested key structural changes to help reinvigorate a floundering company.
- USA Technologies appointed current Board member, Donald W. Layden, Jr., as Interim CEO after Stephen Herbert’s decided to step down as CEO and a director. Herbert’s departure comes three days after USAT’s largest investor, New York hedge fund Hudson Executive Capital, said it planned to nominate a slate of independent candidates to take over the company’s board.
- Western Digital’s CEO to serve until the Board identifies and appoints a successor.
- Coherent announced that President and CEO John Ambroseo will step down from his roles no later than April 2021. The Board is leading a global search for Mr. Ambroseo's successor.
- ACI Worldwide’s CEO Philip Heasley will retire as President and CEO and as a member of the Board. The Board has been working with executive search firm Russell Reynolds to assist it in identifying potential CEO candidates.
- The CEO of Sweden based NCAB wishes to retire from the position of CEO in 2020. The Board of NCAB will now commence the recruitment process to find a new CEO.
- T-Mobile US announced President, COO and a Board Director Mike Sievert as CEO.
- Trimble elected CFO Robert G. Painter to succeed Steven W. Berglund as president and CEO of Trimble.
- Eric H. Starkloff, the current President and COO of National Instruments Corporation, was appointed as the Company's next CEO.
- Ichor Holdings announced that Thomas Rohrs, current CEO of the Company, will transition to executive chairman and Jeffrey Andreson, current president of the Company, will be promoted to CEO.
M&A / Spin-offs / Funding
- Italy based GigCapital and Kaleyra has merged. Kaleyra's Founder is the new CEO.
- As a strategic review culminated in the sale of parts of the Arq Group Limited, leaving a smaller, less complex business, CEO Martin Mercer has left. The search for a new CEO is currently underway.
- Cloudsnap appointed a new CEO and a $1.8 million round in funding.
- Untether AI raised additional funding that brought total the Series A round to $20m while announcing technology veteran Arun Iyengar as new CEO.
Long term open roles
- Marchex has been without a CEO since October 2016. The call analytics and call tracking company has had an “office of the CEO”.
- Stratasys’ current Chairman Elchanan (Elan) Jaglom is interim CEO since May 2018, until a successor is appointed. The company is conducting a CEO Search.
- Cherry AB - Swedish Economic Crime Authority initiated an investigation in May 2018 for insider crime as a result of share trading by Cherry’s former CEO, Anders Holmgren. Gunnar Lind is acting CEO.
Sudden resignations: Expedia Group announced the resignation of Mark Okerstrom as CEO. The departures is the result of disagreement between the board and the upper management with the company’s strategy as it attempted to reorganize its brands in the past year. according to the announcement “this reorganization, while sound in concept, resulted in a material loss of focus on our current operations, leading to disappointing third quarter results and a lackluster near-term outlook”.
Disappointing Results and Lawsuits: A10 Networks, 4Sight Holdings, Pareteum Corporation, Fusion Connect, Solera Holdings.
Other moves – Oracle Chairman Lawrence Ellison confirmed during the quarterly report that the company has no plans on hiring a new co-CEO and will continue with Safra Catz as the sole CEO, after co-CEO Mark Hurd passed away this October.
13 Newly Opened Roles - Geographic Distribution
- 10 out of 13 Newly Opened Tech CEO Roles are in North America: Western Digital Corporation, Expedia Group, Teradata Corporation, ACI Worldwide, Ribbon Communications, Emerald Expositions Events, Pareteum Corporation, Perceptron, AgJunction, Solera Holdings
- 3 Newly Opened Role are in Europe: TDC A/S, NCAB Group AB, Ebiquity Plc.
For all 55Open Tech CEO Roles & All Appointments
Most active regions/states/countries for Open Tech CEO Roles
- West Pacific has 4 open roles.
The most active regions/states/countries for Incoming CEOs
- 16 out of the 44 appointments in North America are in the West Pacific area.
Sources of CEO Appointments
32 out of 67 CEOs appointed were sourced externally
Hope you enjoy this newsletter and find it useful. Suggestions and corrections are most welcome and appreciated.
Thanks again and all the best,
Vell Executive Search is a retained executive search firm that specializes in recruiting technology execs for boards and executive roles, including Board Members, CEOs, Presidents, GMs, CTOs/Chief Digital Officers/VP Engineering, SVP Sales, Chief Revenue Officers, CMOs, and CFOs. Vell has built a reputation for recruiting talented high-performing leadership teams globally. www.vell.com.
In this Edition
Open Tech CEO Roles: United States, Canada, EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America
New Tech CEO Appointments: United States, Canada, EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America
Vell Executive Search Representative Placements: Board, CEOs, GMs, CTOs, CFOs, SVP Sales, SVP, Marketing, CIOs, Chief Digital Officers
About Vell Executive Search
Open Tech CEO Roles
Open Tech CEO Roles - United States
- Northeast & Mid Atlantic: Eastman Kodak Company, NY; Ribbon Communications, MA; Carbonite, MA; Helios and Matheson Analytics, NY; Episerver, NH; Wayside Technology Group, NJ; USA Technologies, PA; Pareteum Corporation, NY; iCIMS, NJ; Fusion Connect, NY
- Midwest: Envestnet, IL; Stratasys, MN; Perceptron, MI
- South Central: GlobalSCAPE, TX; Intrusion, TX; Solera Holdings, TX
- South Atlantic: ACI Worldwide, FL; LightPath Technologies, FL
- West Pacific: Western Digital Corporation, CA; Expedia, WA; eBay, CA; Teradata Corporation, CA; Coherent, CA; Emerald Expositions Events, CA; Aviat Networks, CA; Move, CA; Marchex, WA; TrueCar, CA; Digital Locations, CA
Northeast Open Tech CEO Roles
- Eastman Kodak Company, NY, Feb 2019 - The Board of Directors of Eastman Kodak Company appointed Chairman Jim Continenza as the company's new Executive Chairman. Jeffrey J. Clarke, 57, stepped down after nearly five years as CEO. No new CEO has been named yet, and no announcement from the company on the CEO search. Clarke's seat on the Board has been filled by Phillippe D. Katz, newly appointed Director of Kodak.
- Ribbon Communications, MA, Nov 2019 - Ribbon Communications announced the departure of its President and CEO, Franklin (Fritz) W. Hobbs. The Board has appointed Steven Bruny, EVP, Global Sales and Services, and Kevin Riley, EVP and Chief Technology Officer, as Interim Co-Presidents and CEOs. Messrs. Bruny and Riley will assume Mr. Hobbs' duties while Ribbon's Board of Directors works with One Degree Partners.
- Carbonite, MA - Carbonite announced that Chairman Steve Munford has been named Interim CEO and Executive Chairman. This appointment follows Mohamad Ali's decision to step down as President, CEO and member of the Company's Board in order to pursue other professional opportunities in the media and research industry. Munford has served as a member of the Carbonite Board since January 2014, and as Chairman of the Board since March 2016. Carbonite provides backup, disaster recovery, high availability, and workload migration technology solutions in the United States. The Carbonite Board is conducting a thorough and comprehensive search, with the assistance of an international executive search firm, to identify the best candidate to serve as the Company’s next CEO.
- Helios and Matheson Analytics, NY, Sep 2019 - Helios and Matheson Analytics appointed Parthasarathy (Pat) Krishnan as the Interim CEO of the company. Since January 2017, Mr. Krishnan has served as the company's Chief Innovation Officer. A day after resigning, former CEO, Ted Farnsworth reportedly is cobbling together a group of investors to buy select MoviePass assets. The company is a data analytics company based in New York City, New York and is the parent company of MoviePass.
- Wayside Technology Group, NJ, May 2019 - Wayside announced that Steve DeWindt has resigned as the Company's President, CEO and member of the Board, for personal health reasons. Michael Vesey, the Company's current VP and CFO, will serve as the company's interim President and CEO until a permanent successor has been named. Wayside Technology Group operates as an IT channel company worldwide.
- USA Technologies, PA, Oct 2019 - USA Technologies announced that its Board of Directors has appointed current Board member, Donald W. Layden, Jr., as Interim CEO. Mr. Layden’s appointment follows Stephen Herbert’s decision to step down as CEO and a director of the company. The Company intends to engage a leading executive search firm to identify a permanent CEO. Herbert’s departure comes three days after USAT’s largest investor, New York hedge fund Hudson Executive Capital, said it planned to nominate a slate of independent candidates to take over the company’s board.
- Pareteum Corporation, NY, Nov 2019 - Pareteum Corporation announced a CEO transition and a restructuring of its leadership team. Robert H. Turner has been terminated as Chairman and CEO of Pareteum. Bart Weijermars has been appointed Interim CEO, while retaining his role as Chief Strategy Officer. This leadership transition was "a key step" for the company as it works to complete an ongoing financial restatement process and improve financial and operational controls.
- iCIMS, NJ, Sep 2019 - iCIMS announced that its founder Colin Day is moving from CEO of the company to Chairman. Ronald Kasner, iCIMS’ president and COO, will lead business operations as interim CEO while an executive search is conducted.
- Fusion Connect, NY, Oct 2019 - Fusion Connect announced that the company's Board of Directors has appointed Kevin Brand, most recently Fusion's SVP – Customer Experience, as interim CEO. Mr. Brand succeeds Matthew Rosen, who has resigned as CEO. Mr. Rosen will continue to serve as Chairman of the company's Board of Directors until Fusion has emerged from its chapter 11 process to ensure a smooth transition. Fusion's board will undertake a search to identify the company's next CEO.
Midwest Open Tech CEO Roles
- Envestnet, IL, Oct 2019 - Envestnet announced that Judson Bergman, Chairman and CEO, passed away on October 4, 2019, in San Francisco, CA in an automobile accident. The Board of Directors implemented the company’s emergency succession plan and has appointed Bill Crager, President of Envestnet and CEO of Envestnet Wealth Solutions, as Interim CEO. Mr. Crager has served as President of Envestnet since 2002.
- Stratasys, MN, May 2018 - Ilan Levin stepped down from his positions as CEO and Director of the 3D printer and additive manufacturing company, after less than two years on the job. Elchanan (Elan) Jaglom, the company’s current Chairman of the Board, is interim CEO until a successor is appointed. The company is conducting a CEO Search. 3D printers and 3D production systems for office-based rapid prototyping and direct manufacturing solution.
- Perceptron, MI, Nov 2019 - Perceptron appointed Jay W. Freeland as Interim President and CEO of the Company. Mr. Freeland will continue to serve as Chairman of the Board and will serve as the Company's principal executive officer. Mr. Freeland succeeds David L. Watza who resigned as President and CEO of the Company, as a member of the Board and as principal financial officer. The search for a permanent CEO is already underway under the direction of the Board. They're looking for a leader who can accelerate Perceptron's forward momentum and maximize the underlying value that is not reflected in the current share price.
South Central Open CEO Roles
- GlobalSCAPE, TX, Apr 2019 - GlobalSCAPE announced, with deep sadness, the unexpected demise of its President and CEO, Matthew C. Goulet. The board has named Chairman Robert Alpert as Interim CEO while the search for a permanent replacement continues. GlobalSCAPE develops and distributes software, delivers managed and hosted solutions, and provides associated services for secure information exchange, and data transfer and sharing for enterprises and consumers worldwide.
- Intrusion, TX, Oct 2019 - Intrusion announced that CEO, Mr. G. Ward Paxton, passed away. The Company’s Board of Directors will be meeting very shortly to appoint a new CEO and to outline a succession plan for the Company going forward. Intrusion develops, markets, and supports entity identification, high speed data mining, cybercrime and advanced persistent threat detection, regulated information compliance, and data privacy protection products.
- Solera Holdings, TX, Nov 2019 - Solera Holdings' CEO Jeff Tarr has stepped down and Darko Dejanovic has been appointed interim CEO. While serving as interim CEO, Dejanovic will continue his role as operating principal and president of Vista Intelligence Group for Vista Equity Partners, which acquired and took the company private in 2016. Tarr stepping down comes on the heels of news that Aquila filed a lawsuit against Solera for stock options worth more than $100 million in September. The judge dismissed the case later in the month. Aquila claims Solera breached the separation deal made in 2016 when Vista took a controlling stake in the company.
South Atlantic Open CEO Roles
- ACI Worldwide, FL, Nov 2019 - ACI Worldwide announced that Philip Heasley will retire as President and CEO and as a member of the Board. As part of its ongoing succession planning activities, the Board has been working with executive search firm Russell Reynolds to assist it in identifying potential CEO candidates. ACI Worldwide appointed COO Craig Saks to additional roles of Interim President and CEO.
- LightPath Technologies, FL, Jun 2019 - LightPath Technologies announced that Jim Gaynor intends to retire as President and CEO in June 2020 after more than 12 years with the Company. Mr. Gaynor will continue to serve as the Company’s CEO and President until a successor has been selected and will assist the Company’s board of directors in its ongoing succession planning. He will also continue to serve as a director. LightPath Technologies designs, develops, manufactures, and distributes optical components and assemblies.
West Mountain Open Tech CEO Roles
- AgJunction, AZ, Dec 2019 - AgJunction appointed Lori Ell, the Chair of the company's Board of Directors, as Interim President and CEO of the company, following the departure of David E. Vaughn as President and CEO.
West Pacific Open Tech CEO Roles
- Western Digital Corporation, CA, Oct 2019 - Western Digital Corporation announced that Stephen D. Milligan, the Company's CEO and a member of the Company's Board of Directors, intends to retire as the Company's CEO. Mr. Milligan will continue to serve as the Company's CEO until the Board identifies and appoints a successor, and then will remain with the Company in an advisory role until September 2020 to ensure a smooth transition. The Board has initiated a search to identify a successor.
- Expedia Group, WA, Dec 2019 - Expedia Group announced the resignation of Mark Okerstrom as CEO and a member of the Board. Barry Diller, Chairman of the Board, and Vice Chairman Peter Kern, Director of Expedia, will oversee the company's executive leadership team, managing day-to-day operations, while the Board determines the long-term leadership of the Company. Kern was most recently CEO and board member of Tribune Media Company and is Managing Partner of InterMedia Partners VII, LP, a private equity firm.
- eBay, CA, Oct 2019 - Devin Wenig resigned as CEO, president and director amidst an ongoing review of its business. The company’s board of directors has appointed Scott Schenkel, previously the CFO, as the new interim CEO. EBay said it is conducting an ongoing search to fill the position on a permanent basis and is considering both internal and external candidates. Wenig, who has served as CEO since 2015, when eBay and PayPal were split into two separate, publicly traded companies, indicated that his departure was prompted by a disagreement with the board. The move comes amid turmoil at the company. Earlier this year, investors Elliott Management suggested key structural changes to help reinvigorate a floundering company. eBay went through layoffs and restructuring in the wake of the letter.
- Teradata Corporation, CA, Nov 2019 - Teradata announced that Victor Lund, the Executive Chairman of the Teradata Board of Directors, has been appointed Interim President and CEO. Oliver Ratzesberger is no longer serving as President and CEO and he has resigned from Teradata’s board. Mr. Lund will continue in his role as Executive Chairman. The Company's Board has established a CEO Search Committee to lead the process to identify and select a permanent CEO.
- Coherent, CA, Apr 2019 - Coherent announced that President and CEO John Ambroseo have entered into a transition and retirement agreement, pursuant to which he will step down from his roles no later than April 2021. The Governance and Nominating Committee of the Board is leading a global search for Mr. Ambroseo's successor. Coherent provides lasers, laser-based technologies, and laser-based system solutions for a range of scientific, commercial, and industrial applications.
- Emerald Expositions Events, CA, Dec 2019 - Emerald Expositions Events announced that Sally Shankland has made the decision, for personal health reasons, to step down from her position as President and CEO at the end of the year and will transition to the new role of Executive Director and Senior Advisor. Ms. Shankland will remain on the company’s board of directors. Brian Field, Emerald’s COO, will serve as the company’s Interim President and CEO, and will continue in this role while a search is conducted for a permanent replacement for Ms. Shankland.
- Aviat Networks, CA, Sep 2019 - Aviat Networks appointed Stan Gallagher as Interim CEO. Mr. Gallagher has served as the Company's COO and Principal Financial Officer since June 2018 and will continue to hold these positions. Michael Pangia, Aviat's President and CEO and a director of the Company has resigned as an officer and director to pursue other opportunities.
- Move, CA, Jun 2019 - Ryan O’Hara will be departing as CEO of Move, to join Shutterfly as CEO. Ms. Tracey Fellows has been named Acting CEO of Move, operator of realtor.com, while a search for a new chief executive is underway. Ms. Fellows will continue to serve as News Corp’s President of Global Digital Real Estate and lead the development of the fastest growing sector in the company. Move operates an online network of Websites for real estate search in North America. Move, Inc. is a real estate listing company based in Santa Clara, California. The company operates the Move Network of real estate websites, the largest of which is Realtor.com. Move has a longstanding partnership with the National Association of Realtors, the real estate industry's largest trade association, for operating Realtor.com.
- Marchex, WA, Oct 2016 - Pete Christothoulou resigned as CEO in October 2016. An office of the CEO for the call analytics and call tracking company is still in place as of December 15, 2019.
- TrueCar, CA, Jun 2019 - TrueCar announced that Chip Perry, its President and CEO, has retired. The Board has appointed Michael Darrow as interim President and CEO. Mr. Darrow is currently EVP of Partner & OEM Development and President of ALG. TrueCar is an automotive pricing and information website for new and used car buyers and dealers. TrueCar is paid by dealerships so they can obtain potential buyers' contact information.
- Digital Locations, CA, Oct 2019 - Rick Ellis resigned as the Digital Locations’s CEO and as a member of the Company’s Board of Directors. Mr. Ellis’ decision to resign from the Company’s board of directors is not the result of any disagreement with the Company. The Company divested its EllisLab Corp. subsidiary through a sale to Rick Ellis, the Company’s former CEO and board member. Mr. Ellis, the lead developer of ExpressionEngine, a free and open-source content management system (CMS), will continue to serve as President of EllisLab Corp. and provide services to the open source ExpressionEngine community.
Open Tech CEO Roles - Canada
- Ontario: LoyaltyOne, Communitech, Data Deposit Box, Helix Applications, First Global Data
- British Columbia: BLOK Technologies, Glance Technologies, Cascadia Blockchain Group
- Quebec: IRYStec Software
Details of Open Tech CEO Roles - Canada
- LoyaltyOne, ON, Canada, Aug 2019 - Bryan A. Pearson has departed as CEO of LoyaltyOne, the operator of the AIR MILES® Reward Program in Canada. ADS announced that Charles Horn, EVP and Vice Chairman of ADS, will oversee LoyaltyOne on an interim basis. LoyaltyOne, Co. provides loyalty marketing services to enterprises in retail, financial services, grocery, petroleum retail, travel, and hospitality sectors globally. LoyaltyOne owns and operates the AIR MILES® Reward Program, Canada's most recognized loyalty program.
- Communitech Corporation, ON, Canada, Oct 2019 - Communitech announced that Iain Klugman, company's CEO has announced he will step down in early 2021. Klugman, who has led Communitech since 2004, will continue as CEO for the next 16 months until his current term expires on January 31, 2021. Communitech’s board of directors will launch a search for his successor in early 2020.
- BLOK Technologies, BC, Canada, Jan 2019 - BLOK Technologies announced the resignation of President & CEO Robert Dawson. Mr. James Hyland, Director, is serving as President. The company begun a search for a permanent President & CEO. BLOK Technologies engages in the provision of block chain technology services. It offers capital, technology, and management services to produce block chain-enabled business applications.
- Glance Technologies, BC, Canada, Jun 2019 - Glance Technologies has appointed Mr. Jonathan Hoyles as its interim CEO and member of the board. Mr. Hoyles succeeds Desmond Griffin who has stepped down from these roles and will act as an advisor to Glance subsequent to the transition. The Board will conduct an internal and external search for a permanent replacement. Glance Technologies is the owner of Glance Pay, a smartphone payment applications that enable merchants to provide their customers with quick secure payments, digital rewards, and a better customer experience.
- Data Deposit Box, ON, Canada, Aug 2019 - Data Deposit Box announced that Tim Jewell, Founder and CEO of Data Deposit Box, passed away August 18th in Toronto, Ontario. In May of this year, the company announced a medical leave of absence for Tim. Siva Cherla is appointed as interim CEO. The Company is a global provider of cloud backup and recovery technology.
- Helix Applications, ON, Canada, Oct 2019 - Helix Applications announced that the ongoing uncertainty around the development timeline for blockchain technologies, which has been well documented over the last year in the mainstream media, and which has been a challenge for the company, the Board of Directors has decided to halt further development of its technologies pending a strategic review of those technologies and operational capabilities. During this period of review, the company will seek to preserve its cash. In light of this decision, Mr. Tom Thompson has decided to pursue alternative opportunities and has resigned as CEO. Rufus Round, director of Helix, has been appointed as interim CEO. Mr. Round acted as CEO of the company from June 2018 to November 2018. Helix Applications is a blockchain-based technology company pushing the boundaries and possibilities of blockchain.
- IRYSTEC, QC, Canada, Aug 2019 - IRYStec Software announced that Simon Morris has resigned from his role as CEO for personal reasons. The IRYStec board of directors has appointed Dr. Rouzbeh Yassini-Fard, Chairman of the board as acting CEO. IRYSTEC is a startup company, leading the perceptual computational display technology.
- First Global Data, ON, Canada, Dec 2018 - First Global Data announced the resignation of its Chairman and CEO, Mr. Andre Itwaru, though the company website still lists him as the CEO. The Company is actively sourcing a replacement CEO and will provide additional updates by way of press release. First Global Data provides electronic payments and transaction processing solutions.
- Cascadia Blockchain Group Corp., BC, Canada, Apr 2019 - Cascadia Blockchain Group announced the appointment of Mr. Robin Guo as the Board member and the Acting President & CEO for the vacancies left behind by Ms. Rachel Wang upon her resignation, though the company website still lists her as the CEO. Cascadia Blockchain Group engages in the development of block chain technology platform.
Open Tech CEO Roles - Rest of the World
- China: China Mobile
- Denmark: TDC A/S
- Netherlands: ASM International NV
- United Kingdom: First Derivatives Plc, Catenae Innovation Plc, Ebiquity Plc
- Sweden: Cherry AB, NCAB, Zutec Holding AB, Ranplan Group AB
- Australia: Adacel Technologies, CSG Limited, Arq Group Limited
- Norway: Cxense ASA
- Jersey: Audioboom Group Plc
- Gibraltar: Nektan Plc
Details of Open Tech CEO Roles - Rest of the World
- China Mobile, China, Oct 2019 - Li Yue, CEO of China Mobile, stepped down with immediate effect after reaching the mandatory retirement age, leaving the world’s largest operator seeking a replacement. China Mobile announced Li’s departure, but offered no word on a replacement for the former CEO, who had reached the age of 60 years. Li also served as executive director at the company.
- TDC A/S, Denmark, Nov 2019 - Allison Kirkby has stepped down as President and Group CEO of TDC with immediate effect after accepting the position as President and CEO of Sweden's Telia Company AB. Vice chairman Mike Parton will act as interim CEO until the board secures a permanent replacement.
- ASM International NV, Netherlands, Sep 2019 - ASM International NV announced that Mr. Chuck del Prado, CEO, Chairman of the Management Board and President of the company has notified the Supervisory Board that he wishes to retire from the company at the Annual General Meeting of shareholders to be held in May 2020.
- Adacel Technologies Limited, Australia, Aug 2019 - Adacel Technologies Limited appointed CFO Daniel Verret additionally as Acting CEO. The search will be both internally as well as externally.The company is a developer of critical aviation, speech recognition, defense simulation and security systems for government and commercial enterprises.
- First Derivatives Plc, United Kingdom, Jul 2019 - First Derivatives plc announced that after announcing his diagnosis with cancer, CEO Brian Conlon, 53, passed away on 28 July 2019. In the interim period, Non-Executive Chairman Seamus Keating has been appointed Executive Chairman with immediate effect. First Derivatives has initiated a process to appoint a new CEO.
- Cherry AB, Sweden, May 2018 - Anders Holmgren, CEO and President, left the Swedish gaming company. Gunnar Lind is acting CEO and will remain in this position to ascertain that the group develops according to plan until a permanent CEO is appointed. Swedish Economic Crime Authority initiated an investigation for insider crime as a result of share trading by Cherry’s CEO, Anders Holmgren. Cherry AB’s principal owner is Bridgepoint Europe VI Fund. The Board has resolved to apply for delisting of the Cherry share, series B, from Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Catenae Innovation Plc, United Kingdom, Jul 2019 - Catenae announced the resignation of Tony Sanders as a director of the company. Due to changes in personal circumstances, Tony feels he is unable to commit to continue as CEO and Chair of the Board. Guy Meyer, Business Development Director, will take on the role of Interim CEO to lead the business through the next strategic phase of its development. Catenae Innovation is a British Digital Media and Technology company. Originally a cross media proprietor with holdings in radio, publishing and television, the company now focuses on the digital media and technology sector.
- NCAB Group AB, Sweden, Nov 2019 - The CEO of NCAB, Hans Ståhl, has informed the Board that he wishes to retire from the position of CEO in 2020. The Board of NCAB will now commence the recruitment process to find a new CEO with the aim of accomplishing this during the first half of 2020. Hans Ståhl will remain in the position of CEO until a successor is in place.
- CSG Limited, Australia, Mar 2019 - The Directors of CSG Limited have determined that for the Company's strategic transformation program and growth strategy "CSG 2021" to be best implemented, a change of leadership is required. As a result, Mark Bayliss, CSG's Chairman and Executive Director, has been appointed Acting CEO & Managing Director, and has stepped aside from the Chairman's role. Once "CSG 2021" is further progressed, the Board will undertake a selection process for a CEO & Managing Director. Julie-Ann Kerin has stepped down from the role of CEO & Managing Director and has resigned as a Director of the Company. Kerin has had criminal charges filed against her by Victoria’s Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC). CSG Limited provides print and business technology solutions in Australia and New Zealand.
- Ebiquity Plc, United Kingdom, Nov 2019 - Ebiquity plc announced that Michael Karg will be stepping down as a director and CEO with immediate effect. Ebiquity's CFO Alan Newman will assume the role of interim CEO while the search for a permanent CEO is undertaken. Michael will remain an employee of the business until the end of 2019 to support Alan and ensure a smooth transition and handover period.
- Zutec Holding AB, Sweden, Sep 2019 - Zutec Holding AB (publ) announced that CEO Brendan O'Riordan has tendered his resignation to pursue other career opportunities. The Board has appointed Clíona Farrelly, presently the CFO of the Company, as interim CEO. Zutec develops and markets cloud-based software solutions, primarily directed to companies within the building and construction industry.
- Ranplan Group AB, Sweden, Jun 2019 - Current board member Per Lindberg named as interim CEO. Per Lindberg will remain member of the board. As previously communicated the current CEO Alastair Williamson will relinquish his role as CEO effective 1 September and thereafter be appointed as new member of the board subject to approval by an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM). Alastair Williamson, Ranplan's CEO and former Head of Sales, has accepted a leadership position within an AIM listed Company based in London, UK. Ranplan is an innovative wireless technology company that has developed world leading software tools for indoor and hybrid indoor/outdoor wireless networks.
- Cxense ASA, Norway, Oct 2019 - Cxense ASA's CEO, Christian Printzell Halvorsen, resigned from his position. Alex Franta from Piano Software has been appointed by the board as interim CEO. Cxense ASA is a company that provides advertising, data-management, search, analytics and content-recommendations services.
- Audioboom Group Plc, Jersey, Sep 2019 - Audioboom Group plc announced that the Company's CEO, Rob Proctor, has stepped down from this role and as a director of the Company. Stuart Last, COO of Audioboom, has been appointed interim CEO of the Company and the Board has commenced the search for a permanent replacement. Audioboom engages in the provision of podcast services. Its spoken word platform offers different audio genres such as news, sports, current affairs, true crime, and entertainment.
- Nektan Plc, Gibraltar, Aug 2019 - Nektan plc announced that Lucy Buckley, the company's CEO, has resigned. Lucy will remain available to the Board for a period of time to enable a smooth transition to a new leadership structure, for which the board has commenced a review. The Group expects to make a further announcement in due course. Gary Shaw, Founder and Executive Director of Nektan, has assumed the role of Interim CEO, in addition to his existing responsibilities for international expansion.
- Arq Group Limited, Australia, Sep 2019 - As a strategic review culminated in the sale of parts of the Arq Group Limited, leaving a smaller, less complex business, CEO Martin Mercer and the Board have agreed that he will be leaving the business in a transitioned and orderly process. The search for a new CEO is currently underway with Tristan Sternson stepping in as interim CEO. Arq Group, previously Melbourne IT Group, is Australia’s leading digital solutions partner.
Tech CEO Appointments
Tech CEO Appointments - US
- Northeast & Mid-Atlantic: Frontier Communications, CT; MKS Instruments, MA; Episerver, NH; WorkWave, NJ; Investview, NJ; Sports Information Group, NY
- Midwest: Alliance Data Systems Corporation, OH; Nuspire, MI; ProVation Medical, MN; IDx Technologies, IA
- South Central: National Instruments Corporation, TX; Harte Hanks, TX; Mitratech Holdings, TX
- South Atlantic: The Ultimate Software Group, FL; comScore, VA; Airlines Reporting Corporation, VA; Stratix Corp., GA; Cyxtera Technologies, FL; Connectivity Wireless, GA
- West Mountain: NortonLifeLock, AZ; ObservePoint, UT; Cloudsnap, NV; Appiphany Technologies Holdings Corp., UT
- West Pacific: Alphabet, CA; T-Mobile US, WA; Trimble, CA; Shutterfly, CA; Ichor Holdings, CA; A10 Networks, CA; Sonim Technologies, CA; DEMANDBASE, CA; Condusiv Technologies Corporation, CA; AppViewX, WA; Quest Software, CA; Delphix Corp., CA; Carbon, CA; Northwest Analytics, OR; Mindstrong, CA; Crowd Machine, CA.
Tech CEO Appointments in the US Northeast & Mid-Atlantic
- Frontier Communications, CT - Frontier Communications announced that its board of directors has unanimously appointed Bernard L. “Bernie” Han as President and CEO and a member of the Board. Bernie Han most recently served as DISH’s EVP of Strategic Planning from 2016 to 2018. Han was retained by the finance committee of Frontier's board as an advisor beginning Oct. 16 and has been actively supporting efforts to strengthen the company's financial position since that time.
- MKS Instruments, MA - Dr. John T.C. Lee will assume the role of CEO of MKS Instruments. He will continue to serve as President of the company when he assumes his new role as CEO. He joined MKS in 2007 and has progressed through the organization, into his most recent role of SVP and COO.
- Episerver, NH - Episerver, the customer-centric digital experience company, has named Alex Atzberger as its CEO. Atzberger joins Episerver after spending nearly 15 years with SAP, most recently as president of SAP Customer Experience.
- WorkWave, NJ - WorkWave announced that David F. Giannetto has been promoted to CEO. Giannetto has spent the past eight months serving as WorkWave's COO, where he has spearheaded key initiatives across product, marketing, engineering, sales, services, and support - including the launch of WorkWave Payments, a first for the service industry. WorkWave provides cloud based software solutions and field force automation solutions for field service, transportation, and logistics industries.
- Investview, NJ - Investview appointed Joseph Cammarata, former President of tZero, as the new CEO of Investview, providing strategic guidance and technology development to reach the company’s objectives of successfully entering the high speed processing and Big Data arena. Mr. Cammarata has spent the past 28 years being on the leading edge of financial technology disruption. Cammarata replaces Annette Raynor as CEO and Annette will resume her former role as COO. Investview provides access to financial education, market research, and technology for individuals.
- Sports Information Group, NY - Sports Information Group appointed Itay Fisher as CEO. Mr. Fisher joined SIG in 2018 as CTO and was named COO in April 2019. Sports Information Group operates as a multi-media information company that provides data driven content and editorial coverage to horse racing enthusiasts in North America.
Tech CEO Appointments in the US Midwest Region
- Alliance Data Systems Corporation, OH - Alliance Data Systems Corporation announced that Ralph Andretta has been named president and CEO of the company. Andretta joins Alliance Data from Citigroup, where he most recently served as managing director and head of its U.S. cards business. He succeeds Melisa Miller, who served in the role following the June 2019 retirement of long-time president and CEO Ed Heffernan.
- Nuspire, MI - Nuspire has hired Lewie Dunsworth as the new CEO. Saylor Frase, Nuspires previous CEO, now serves as Chairman of the Board. Prior to Nuspire, Dunsworth held several executive roles, such as the CISO & Executive Vice President of Global Security Services at Herjavec Group, CISO at H&R Block and the SVP of Advisory Services & Managed Services at Optiv. Nuspire provides managed security services to companies worldwide.
- ProVation Medical, MN - Provation Medical announced that Daniel Hamburger has joined Provation as CEO. Former CEO Dave Del Toro will continue with the company in the role of Executive Board Member. Most recently, Hamburger served as CEO of Renaissance Learning, a private equity-backed SaaS education analytics platform. ProVation Medical provides clinical decision support and procedure documentation solutions.
- IDx Technologies, IA - IDx Technologies announced new appointments to its executive leadership team to accelerate product development and scale operations to accommodate increased market adoption of IDx-DR, the FDA-authorized autonomous AI system that detects diabetic retinopathy, a leading cause of blindness. Michael Abramoff, MD, PhD, Founder and CEO, succeeds Gary Seamans as Executive Chairman. John Bertrand succeeds Abramoff as CEO. Newly appointed CEO Bertrand brings over a decade of healthcare technology experience to IDx, previously holding a variety of executive roles at Epic Systems. Most recently Bertrand served as Executive in Residence at 8VC, a leading Silicon Valley venture capital firm focused on healthcare technology. IDx Technologies, an artificial intelligence diagnostics company, develops clinically-aligned autonomous algorithms that detect disease in medical images.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US South Central Region
- National Instruments Corporation, TX - Eric H. Starkloff, 44, the current President and COO of National Instruments Corporation, was appointed as the Company's next CEO. Mr. Starkloff will serve as CEO in addition to his continued role as President and Director. Mr. Starkloff joined NI in July 1997 and has served as President and COO since October 2018. National Instruments Corporation provides a software-centric platform and systems to engineers and scientists worldwide.
- Harte Hanks, TX - Harte Hanks announced appointment of Andrew Benett as Executive Chairman and CEO. Andrew is a seasoned executive with over 20 years of expertise in brand development, digital, direct, and marketing technology, and he was the former global CEO of Havas Creative Group, a leading marketing communications network with 12,000 employees.
- Mitratech Holdings, TX - Mitratech Holdings announced that Mike Williams has joined Mitratech as CEO, while Jason Parkman is elevated to Chairman of the Board. To ensure a smooth transition, Parkman and Williams will be joint CEOs until February 2020. Mike Williams was most recently the CEO of uShip. Mitratech Holdings provides web-based enterprise legal management solutions for corporate legal departments.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US South Atlantic Region
- The Ultimate Software Group, FL - The Ultimate Software Group announced that co-CEO Scott Scherr will be retiring on December 31, 2019, as planned, after almost 30 years serving as the company’s founder, president, and CEO. In line with the company’s long-standing succession plan, Ultimate’s Board of Directors appointed Adam Rogers previously serving as co-CEO for Ultimate alongside Scherr as CEO. In June 2019, Rogers was promoted to co-CEO after serving 12 years as CTO. The Ultimate Software Group provides cloud-based human capital management solutions.
- comScore, VA - Troubled measurement company ComScore announced that Bill Livek has been appointed by Comscore's board of directors as CEO and executive vice chairman. Comscore has been in turmoil since accounting issues cropped up in its financial statements three years ago. Since then has gone through a number of executive changes, undergone a painstaking re-audit of its financials, its share price has plunged and new product development stalled. In September, the company settled fraud charges from the SEC alleging that it and former CEO Serge Matta overstated revenue by $50 million. The company began a strategic review and said it was still open to options, including the sale of the business. Livek was with Rentrak when it was acquired by Comscore and had been acting as vice chairman. He succeeds Dale Fuller, who had been interim CEO. comScore operates as an information and analytics company that measures audiences, consumer behavior, and advertising across media platforms worldwide.
- Airlines Reporting Corporation, VA - Airlines Reporting Corp. announced its President and CEO Mike Premo will retire from the company. ARC's board of directors unanimously elected current EVP and COO Lauri Reishus to succeed Premo as the next president and CEO. Airlines Reporting Corporation designs and develops transaction settlement solutions for travel agencies, carriers, and corporations.
- Stratix Corp., GA - Stratix Corporation announced the appointment of Louis M. Alterman as President, CEO and member of the Board. Mr. Alterman brings over 20 years of experience in the technology services space and most recently served as the CFO of Rackspace, a global leader in managed applications, data, clouds and security. Gina Gallo is stepping down from the day-to-day duties of CEO to pursue other opportunities outside the company. Stratix provides outsourcing managed mobile services for enterprises.
- Cyxtera Technologies, FL - Cyxtera Technologies announced that Cyxtera founder and CEO Manuel D. Medina has been elevated to the position of Executive Chairman for both Cyxtera and its recently announced AppGate spin-out, where he will provide strategic guidance and counsel for the two companies. Current Cyxtera President and COO Nelson Fonseca has been promoted to the role of CEO for Cyxtera. Cyxtera Technologies provides data center, colocation, enterprise application cloud computing, hybrid cloud, cyber security, and analytics solutions to government, enterprises, and service providers.
- Connectivity Wireless, GA - Connectivity Wireless announced a change in leadership, with president Paul McGinn being named CEO and Stephen Bye returning to the board of directors. An industry veteran with more than 30 years of experience, McGinn has successfully founded and served in leadership roles at various wireless infrastructure companies, including Neutral Connect Networks, SBA, Vertical Bridge, CiG Wireless Corporations, and TCP Communications. Bye, who served as the CEO at Connectivity Wireless during the merger of Connectivity Wireless and Neutral Connect Networks earlier this year, will take the Chief Commercial Officer position at DISH.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US West
- NortonLifeLock, AZ - Vincent Pilette, NortonLifeLock's EVP and Chief Financial Officer, has been appointed CEO. Richard S. Hill, Interim President and CEO of NortonLifeLock since May 2019, will step down, in light of the recently completed $10.7 billion sale of Symantec's Enterprise Security Business to Broadcom and the appointment of Vincent Pilette as CEO of the new NortonLifeLock. Pilette is former CFO of Symantec.
- ObservePoint, UT - ObservePoint announced a new stage in its leadership; Co-founder and CEO Rob Seolas will be passing the baton to fellow Co-founder John Pestana who will be stepping in as CEO. John and Rob will proceed to work closely together with the Board of Directors to guide ObservePoint's future. ObservePoint provides a data quality assurance platform that automatically verifies Web tag performance and improves digital data quality for enterprises.
- Cloudsnap, NV - Cloudsnap appointed a new CEO and a $1.8 million round in funding. Matt Bradley, who has experience leading high-growth, cloud-based businesses, was appointed as CEO. Mr. Bradley brings nearly 15 years of technology services experience and most recently served as Chief Strategy Officer of Rackspace. Cloudsnap develops and delivers integrated platform as a service (iPaaS) solution that allows developers to build their software applications with functionality from third party services.
- Appiphany Technologies Holdings Corp., UT - Appiphany Technologies Holdings Corp. announced that in connection with the purchase of the Shares, Mr. Rob Sargent resigned as the Company's CEO. The Board of Directors elected Scott Cox as the Company's CEO. Appiphany Technologies provides online fraud protection services.
- Alphabet, CA - Alphabet announced that Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin will step down as Alphabet CEO and president, respectively. Google CEO Sundar Pichai will take over as CEO of Alphabet in addition to his current role. Page and Brin will continue to serve on Alphabet's board of directors. The development is a significant shake-up for the technological giant, coming at a time when Google is facing mounting scrutiny over its size, data privacy issues and the potential impact of its technologies on society.
- T-Mobile US, WA - T-Mobile US announced that its Board of Directors has named Mike Sievert as CEO, effective May 2020. Currently President, COO and a Board Director, Sievert will assume the CEO role from John Legere after the conclusion of Legere’s contract on April 30, 2020. Sievert’s new title will be President and CEO. Legere will remain a member of the Board. The CEO transition is part of the Board’s well-established succession planning process to position the next generation of leadership at T-Mobile to take the Company forward.
- Trimble, CA - Trimble announced that its Board of Directors has unanimously elected Robert G. Painter to succeed Steven W. Berglund as president and CEO of Trimble effective January 2020. Painter will also join the Trimble Board of Directors. Berglund, who has served as president and CEO since 1999, will transition to executive chairman of Trimble's Board. Painter joined Trimble in 2006 and in 2016, he was appointed CFO.
- Shutterfly, CA - Shutterfly named Hilary Schneider as President and CEO, succeeding Ryan O’Hara. Since January 2018, she has served as CEO of Wag!, the country's on-demand mobile dog walking and dog care service. Prior to this role, she served as President and CEO of LifeLock, the leader in identity theft protection, through its public listing and acquisition by Symantec. Ryan O’Hara had only come on board in June 2019, succeeding in an orderly manner the departing Christopher North. Shutterfly manufactures and retails personalized products.
- Ichor Holdings, CA - Ichor Holdings announced that Thomas Rohrs, current CEO of the Company, will transition to executive chairman and Jeffrey Andreson, current president of the Company, will be promoted to CEO. Mr. Andreson has been serving as the Company's President since April 2019 and served as the Company's CFO from December 2017 until April 2019. Ichor Holdings engages in the design, engineering, and manufacture of fluid delivery subsystems and components for semiconductor capital equipment.
- A10 Networks, CA - A10 Networks named Dhrupad Trivedi as President and CEO. In connection with Mr. Trivedi’s appointment, Lee Chen will step down as President and CEO of the Company but will continue to serve as chairman of the Board. Mr. Trivedi, age 52, joins the Company from Belden, where he most recently was EVP running TripWire, a cybersecurity business, and CTO of Belden.
- Sonim Technologies, CA - Robert Plaschke would no longer serve as the Company’s CEO and would resign from the Company’s Board. The Company announced the appointment of Thomas Wiley Wilkinson as the Company’s CEO and the member of the Board. Wilkinson has served as a strategic consultant and financial advisor to small and medium-sized public and privately held businesses since January 2014. From August 2015 until October 2017, Wilkinson served as CFO and later as CEO at Xplore Technologies Corp., a rugged tablet technology company. Sonim Technologies provides ruggedized mobile phones and accessories for task workers.
- DEMANDBASE, CA - Demandbase appointed Chief Revenue Officer Gabe Rogol to CEO. Chris Golec, the founder and previous CEO of Demandbase, will become Chief Strategy Officer. Rogol joined the company in 2012 and helped develop a world-class sales and customer success engine. He has a deep technology background with 20 years of leadership experience within B2B, SaaS, MarTech, and Media. DEMANDBASE provides B2B marketing solutions for businesses worldwide.
- Condusiv Technologies Corporation, CA - Condusiv Technologies®, the software-only performance and reliability software solutions provider for Windows systems, announced Craig Jensen has resumed the reins as CEO of Condusiv Technologies, the company he founded 38 years ago. Condusiv Technologies Corporation designs, develops, and offers software solutions that optimize and maintain application performance and efficiency.
- AppViewX, WA - AppViewX appointed Gregory Webb as CEO and member of the AppViewX Board of Directors. Ryan Windham, former AppViewX CEO, will remain an advisor. Gregory Webb was previously CEO at Bromium, where he oversaw three years of company growth and customer success, improved operational efficiencies, and recruited key executives to build a new management team. Bromium was acquired by HP in September 2019. In its first-ever funding round, AppViewX raised $30 million institutional funding to expand the reach of its subscription-based network automation technology and grow its channel program, in August 2019. AppViewX develops software applications for network services management, automation, and orchestration to Fortune 500 companies.
- Quest Software, CA - Quest Software has appointed Mike Kohlsdorf as CEO. Kohlsdorf, the founder and President of Francisco Partners Consulting, brings more than 30 years of experience as a technology company executive. He has served as an Operating Partner with Francisco Partners since 2011 and has served as CEO of six Francisco Partners portfolio companies with a demonstrated track record of strategic growth and product innovation. Quest Software designs, develops, markets, distributes, and supports enterprise systems management software.
- Delphix Corp., CA - Delphix has named Delphix Founder and Executive Chairman, Jedidiah Yueh, as its next CEO. Current Delphix CEO, Chris Cook, will retire from the company at the end of the year. Prior to Delphix, Yueh built fast-growth storage startup, Avamar, into a successful market leader and subsequently sold it to EMC. He is widely regarded as an early pioneer and inventor of data deduplication, which has been a transformative technology for the storage industry. Delphix delivers Data as a Service solutions in data center, and private or public cloud infrastructure worldwide.
- Carbon, CA - Carbon announced that Ellen J. Kullman, former Chairman and CEO of DuPont, has been named President and CEO of the company and Dr. Joseph M. DeSimone has been named Executive Chairman of the Board. Kullman will also remain on Carbon’s board of directors where she has served since 2016. This leadership announcements are the result of a succession plan that DeSimone, Kullman, and members of the board have worked on to prepare the company for its next chapter. Carbon designs and develops a full print and post processing solutions.
- Northwest Analytics, OR - Northwest Analytics announced that Peter Guilfoyle has been appointed CEO, president and director. Robert Ward, former CEO, will assume an advisory role. Guilfoyle was the VP of Marketing for Northwest Analytics. Northwest Analytics delivers manufacturing-intelligence and statistical process control software solutions for specialty producers to manage and improve plant processes and supply chain performance.
- Mindstrong, CA - Mindstrong Health announced that Daniel Graf, a veteran technologist and leader of key product teams at Uber, Twitter and Google, has been appointed CEO. Graf will lead Mindstrong as it expands the use of its comprehensive virtual care solution for patients with serious mental illness (SMI). Mindstrong designs and develops a system for assessment of cognitive function based on mobile device usage.
- Crowd Machine, CA - Crowd Machine announced COO James Hanley has been appointed CEO of the company. Founder and CEO Craig Sproule is taking on the new position of Chairman, from which he will continue to lead the company’s visionary technology innovation. Hanley joined Crowd Machine as COO in March, having previously worked at Accenture, where he was managing director for journey to cloud and automation. Crowd Machine develops blockchain and decentralized platform.
Tech CEO Appointments - Canada
- Ontario: StarTech.com; Untether AI Corporation; Hyperion Crypto Exchange
- Alberta: Trakopolis IoT Corp
- British Columbia: D-Wave Systems
Tech CEO Appointments - Canada
- StarTech.com, ON, Canada - StarTech.com announced that Paul Seed, its co-founder and owner, has returned to the role of CEO. Lynn Smurthwaite-Murphy, who took over the role of CEO in January 2019 after serving as President for the previous two years, has left the organization. StarTech.com Ltd. manufactures connectivity and technology parts.
- Trakopolis IoT Corp., AB, Canada - Trakopolis IoT Corp. announced that Mr. Brent Moore has resigned his position as CEO and a Director of the Company. Mr. Richard Clarke, formerly the CFO of the Company, has been appointed as the CEO and a Director of the Company. Trakopolis IoT Corp. operates a software platform that provides business intelligence to organizations that require location, status, and relevant data on corporate assets, such as equipment, devices, vehicles, and people.
- D-Wave Systems, BC, Canada - D-Wave Systems announced that Dr. Alan Baratz will assume the role of CEO. Baratz joined D-Wave in 2017 and currently serves as the chief product officer and EVP of research and development for D-Wave. He takes over from the retiring CEO, Vern Brownell. Baratz’s promotion to CEO follows the launch of Leap, D-Wave’s quantum cloud service, in October 2018, and comes in advance of the mid-2020 launch of the company’s next-generation quantum system, Advantage. D-Wave Systems develops, fabricates, and integrates superconducting quantum computers.
- Untether AI Corporation, ON, Canada - Untether AI announced that technology veteran Arun Iyengar is joining as CEO. A former Altera, AMD and Xilinx executive, Iyengar brings over 20 years of operational and general management experience across a variety of markets from automotive, cloud, to wired and wireless infrastructure. Untether AI raised additional funding that brought total the Series A round to $20m. Untether AI Corporation manufactures neural net based inference processors and chips.
- Hyperion Crypto Exchange, ON, Canada - Hyperion Technology announced the appointment of Ms. Lisa Cheng as the new CEO and the transition of Mr. Michael Zavet to the role of President. Lisa is founder of The Vanbex Group and Etherparty. Hyperion Crypto Exchange owns and operates crypto currency exchange platform.
Tech CEO Appointments - Rest of the World
- Belgium: Proximus Plc
- Brazil: Oi S.A.
- France: Technicolor SA, Criteo S.A.
- India: Tata Communications Limited
- Taiwan: Accton Technology Corporation
- Switzerland: Doodle AG
- Germany: trivago N.V., Spark Networks, Transporeon, Northern Bitcoin AG
- Malta: Gaming Innovation Group
- China: IMAX China
- United Kingdom: Sabio
- Italy: GigCapital and Kaleyra S.p.A
- Australia: The Citadel Group
- Finland: Gofore Oyj
- Sweden: Net Insight AB, NetNordic
- Mauritius: 4Sight Holdings
- Israel: RADCOM, On Track Innovations, Altair Semiconductor
Tech CEO Appointment Details - Rest of the World
- Proximus Plc, Belgium - Proximus has appointed Guillaume Boutin as the new CEO of the Proximus Group for a period of six years. Guillaume succeeds Dominique Leroy, who was CEO until last September, after which Sandrine Dufour took over as CEO ad interim. In August 2017, Guillaume joined Proximus as Chief Consumer Market Officer.
- Oi S.A., Brazil - COO Mr. Rodrigo Modesto de Abreu will assume the position of CEO, after Mr. Eurico de Jesus Teles Neto’s departure.
- Technicolor SA, France - Technicolor SA has appointed Richard Moat as CEO in replacement of Frédéric Rose. Richard's most recent role was as CEO of Eir Limited, the largest telecom operator in Ireland, where he led a successful turnaround creating shareholder value in excess of €1Bn. He joined Eir as CFO in 2012 and was its CEO from 2014 to 2018.
- Tata Communications Limited, India - Tata Communications Limited appointed Mr. Amur Swaminathan Lakshminarayanan as the Managing Director and CEO of the Company for a term of five years. Prior to joining Tata Communications, Lakshmi was President and CEO of Tata Consultancy Services Japan Ltd. where he was in charge of accelerating the company's market opportunity and developing the brand in the region.
- Criteo S.A., France - Criteo S.A. announced the appointment of Megan Clarken as CEO. Clarken spent fifteen years in various positions at Nielsen Holdings plc, and was recently Chief Commercial Officer of Nielsen Global Media. Criteo's founder JB Rudelle remains committed as Chairman of the Board of directors. He will ensure a smooth transition. By splitting the roles of CEO and Chairman, the Company is adding leadership capacity, creating the right conditions to accelerate Criteo’s transformation into a technology platform. Criteo S.A. provides an advertising platform for the open Internet in France and internationally.
- Accton Technology Corporation, Taiwan - Accton Technology Corporation announced the appointment of Mr. Edgar Masri, former President and CEO of Qualtre as CEO. He joins Accton after having served as board advisor and senior consultant to the company since February 2017. Accton Technology Corporation engages in the provision of networking and communications solutions.
- Doodle AG, Switzerland - Renato Profico will take over as the new CEO of Doodle. Gabriele Ottino has decided to leave the company. Most recently Profico held various management positions at JobCloud over a period of 11 years. For four years he headed the leading job platform network in Switzerland as CEO. Doodle AG provides an online service to simplify the process of scheduling group events.
- trivago N.V., Germany - trivago N.V. announced that after nearly 15 years as Managing Director and CEO of the company he co-founded in 2005, Rolf Schrömgens will be leaving the CEO and Managing Director positions and joining the company’s Supervisory Board. On that date, Axel Hefer will take over as CEO. Hefer joined the company in 2016 as Managing Director and CFO leading the company through its IPO. The move follows a couple of years of struggles for Trivago, which saw one of its largest advertising partners, Booking Holdings, reduce its spend over a dispute over its prominence on Trivago, as well as a move to make all of its marketing spend more efficient. trivago N.V. operates as a hotel and accommodation search platform.
- Gaming Innovation Group, Malta - Gaming Innovation Group (GiG) announced the appointment of Richard Brown as CEO. Richard Brown previously held the position of COO of GiG. The appointment of Mr. Brown comes after a short, rigorous, evaluation and selection process to identify the right candidate to position GiG for the long term. Gaming Innovation Group provides and facilitates a platform for Internet gambling, gaming, and betting in Nordic countries, other European countries, and internationally.
- IMAX China Holding, China - IMAX China Holding announced the appointment of Edwin Tan as CEO of IMAX China. He will report directly to the Board of IMAX China. Tan brings decades of global leadership experience to the role across entertainment, exhibition and event services industries, having most recently served as CEO of the China operations of Messe Muenchen, a top ten exhibition company globally. Jiande Chen, IMAX China's first-ever CEO, who has served in the leadership role since 2011, will step into the new role of Vice Chairman, IMAX China. IMAX China Holding provides motion picture technologies in China and internationally.
- Spark Networks SE, Germany - Spark Networks SE announced the appointment of Eric Eichmann as CEO. Eric will replace Jeronimo Folgueira who is stepping down from the role as CEO. To ensure a smooth transition, Jeronimo will remain with Spark Networks through the end of 2019 and will continue to serve on Spark's board of directors. Eric is joining Spark at a pivotal time in the company's history. Previously, Eric was CEO at Criteo. Spark Networks SE operates online dating sites and mobile applications.
- Sabio Limited, United Kingdom - Jonathan Gale has been appointed as Sabio Group CEO. Jonathan’s background includes leading NewVoiceMedia as CEO from start-up to successful exit between 2011 and 2018. As a result of this new appointment, Andy Roberts will transition to a new role as Vice-Chairman – working on inorganic growth for the group. With Horizon Capital as backers, Sabio has completed 6 acquisitions in the last 3 years and has a strong pipeline moving forward which will continue to increase both the business’s global reach and product capabilities. Sabio distributes contact center technology solutions.
- Kaleyra, Italy - As part of the transaction combining GigCapital and Kaleyra S.p.A., the company's name will be changed to Kaleyra. Dario Calogero, Kaleyra's Founder who retains his position as CEO of the company after the closing of the transaction. Dr. Avi Katz, Founder and Executive Chairman of the Board of the GigCapital Group, who will assume the role of Chairman of Kaleyra's Board of Directors. Kaleyra provides mobile communication services to financial institutions and enterprises of various sizes worldwide.
- The Citadel Group Limited, Australia - The Citadel Group has announced its CEO Darren Stanley has resigned after a year of tumbling earnings and profits. The publicly listed software vendor has appointed co-founder Mark McConnell as Stanley's replacement, handing him the dual roles of CEO and managing director. McConnell was a co-founder of Citadel and currently a Non-Executive Director. The Citadel Group Limited provides software platforms, digital services, and managed services solutions.
- Gofore Oyj, Finland - Mikael Nylund has been appointed as CEO of Gofore. The current CEO and one of Gofore's founders, Timur Kärki, is nominated for full-time Chairman of the Board. Mikael Nylund has played a significant role in developing Gofore’s operations since 2010. He has been deputy CEO since 2018 and has been on the Executive Management Team since 2010, most recently responsible for M&A and the management consulting business. Gofore Oyj provides digitalization services for corporate customers and public sector operators in Finland and rest of Europe.
- Net Insight AB, Sweden - Crister Fritzson has been appointed CEO of Net Insight. Crister has extensive experience of managing companies within the Telecom and Broadcasting industry. Crister currently holds the positions as CEO and group CEO of SJ AB. Henrik Sund, current CEO, is leaving his position. Net Insight AB develops products and services for media transport worldwide.
- 4Sight Holdings, Mauritius - Mr. Tertius Zitzke, who was initially appointed as interim CEO, has been permanently appointed as CEO. The company was suspended from the local bourse with immediate effect for non-compliance, including failure to submit financial results. The company has suffered from unabated boardroom squabbles in recent weeks. 4Sight has been under pressure since August. At the time, a major shareholder demanded a board shake-up. This was then followed by the resignations of a series of directors. By the time the company was suspended last week, six directors had jumped ship. CEO of technology group 4Sight Holdings, Vincent Raseroka, and three other directors then quit the company after weeks of bruising boardroom drama. 4Sight Holdings provides technology solutions for various industries in Mauritius and South Africa.
- TRANSPOREON GmbH, Germany - Transporeon, has strengthened its management team through the appointment of Stephan Sieber as its new CEO. The two founders, Marc-Oliver Simon and Martin Mack, remain shareholders in the Group and will shape the future development of Transporeon through active roles on the advisory board. Stephan Sieber is ideally equipped for his future role. Sieber brings 13 years of experience from SAP, most recently as managing director of SAP Switzerland. TRANSPOREON GmbH develops and operates SaaS solutions for the transport logistics sector.
- RADCOM, Israel - Mr. Eyal Harari will become the CEO of the Company. Yaron Ravkaie, the Company's current CEO, will join RADCOM's board of directors. Eyal Harari has been with the Company for over 19 years and served in key executive roles with the Company, including as COO of the Company and as CEO of RADCOM's North American subsidiary, RADCOM Inc. RADCOM provides service assurance and customer experience management solutions for communication service providers (CSPs).
- On Track Innovations, Israel - On Track Innovations announced the appointment of Yehuda Holtzman as CEO of OTI. Assaf Cohen, OTI's Interim CEO and OTI's CFO, will continue to serve as OTI's CFO from that date. Mr. Holtzman brings a wealth of experience to OTI, having successfully established, grown and sold three technology companies through his career. From 1998 to 2011, he was President of MobileAccess, a cellular technology company he co-founded and sold to Corning in 2011. On Track Innovations designs, develops, and markets cashless payment solutions worldwide.
- NetNordic AB, Sweden - NetNordic announced that Fredrik Rosman will become CEO of its Swedish arm. He joined the company in September from a position at IBM. He has experience in management in sales at large companies as well as start-ups. Rosman started as a trainee at Scania and after five years moved to software firm Hyperion, where he eventually became CEO. NetNordic AB provides solutions for fiber and copper broadband networks to end-customers and enterprises.
- Northern Bitcoin AG, Germany - Northern Bitcoin AG plans to expand its Executive Board as part of the merger with its US competitor Whinstone. Henceforth, Aroosh Thillainathan, Co-Founder and Managing Director of the Whinstone Group, will lead Northern Bitcoin AG as CEO. Northern Bitcoin AG operates as a bitcoin mining company.
- Altair Semiconductor, Israel - Altair Semiconductor appointed Nohik Semel, currently VP, System Engineering and Product Management, as the new CEO. He will replace outgoing co-founder and CEO Oded Melamed, who reportedly is leaving to pursue a new startup opportunity. Altair Semiconductor develops LTE chipsets for Tier-1 operators around the world.
Vell Executive Search Representative Placements
About Vell Executive Search
- Deep tech industry retained search experience
- More dedicated time as consultants have few parallel projects.
- Thorough understanding of your company’s business and culture
- Behavioral interviews and competency scorecards.
- Constant two-way, direct communication and 24 /7 availability.
- Insightful and detailed reference checking
- Broad reach of candidates: no hidden relationships. No off-limits.
- Analytics based search process.
Vell Executive Search Contact