Geographic Distribution of Open Tech CEO Roles & Appointments
Reasons for CEO departures of Note
Mark Hurd, co-CEO of Oracle died at age 62. Beyond Larry Ellison's preference for co-CEOs, BI Insider states that Ellison would look for a forward facing evangleist to Safra Katz's aversion to attention.
- Devin Wenig resigned as CEO of eBay. The move comes amid turmoil at the company. Earlier this year, investors Elliott Management suggested key structural changes to help reinvigorate a floundering company.
- Symantec named its board member Richard S. Hill as Interim President and CEO. He succeeds President & CEO Greg Clark, who also stepped down as board member. The leadership change follows multiple key executive exits at Symantec late last year, including the COO and CMO, an internal accounting probe, activist investor unrest and enterprise sales struggles.
- Cloudera announced that Tom Reilly retired as CEO and as a member of the Board. The Board appointed its Chairman Martin Cole as interim CEO. The website now lists him as Chairman and CEO. Though there has been no announcements that he would take the CEO role permanently. Cloudera reached a standstill agreement with activist investor Carl Icahn, granting two board seats.
- USA Technologies appointed current Board member, Donald W. Layden, Jr., as Interim CEO after Stephen Herbert’s decided to step down as CEO and a director. Herbert’s departure comes three days after USAT’s largest investor, New York hedge fund Hudson Executive Capital, said it planned to nominate a slate of independent candidates to take over the company’s board.
- Bill McDermott has decided not to renew his contract as CEO of SAP. In activating the company's long-term succession plan, Executive Board members Jennifer Morgan and Christian Klein have been appointed Co-CEOs.
- DXC Technology Company has elected Michael J. Salvino as President and CEO to succeed J. Michael Lawrie, who has served as DXC’s Chairman, President and CEO since the company’s formation in 2017.
- Capgemini has promoted its COO Aiman Ezzat, 50, to the position of CEO.
- Sanmina Corporation appointed President and COO Hartmut Liebel, 56, as CEO, replacing Michael Clarke.
- Telecom Argentina decided to appoint Sub-Director General and former COO of the company Mr. Roberto Daniel Nóbile as CEO from January 2020.
- Ulrik Bengtsson, previously William Hill's Chief Digital Officer, has been appointed CEO Designate.
- Coherent announced that President and CEO John Ambroseo will step down from his roles no later than April 2021. The Board is leading a global search for Mr. Ambroseo's successor.
- InsideSales.com named Chris Harrington, previously COO, as CEO.
- MeridianLink named Nicolaas Vlok as CEO. Vlok will partner with long-time CEO and Co-founder Tim Nguyen, who will ascend to the position of Vice-Chairman and Chief Strategy Officer.
- Others: Gfinity Plc , Logicalis Group, JAGGAER, Oneiro N.A., Nymi.
M&A / Spin-offs / Funding
- Finisar Corporation’s CEO left following the completion of the acquisition of Finisar by II-VI Incorporated. New CEO named.
- Japan based ZOZO has a new CEO after being acquired by Yahoo Japan.
- Nuance Communications' spin-off Cerence appointed Sanjay Dhawan as CEO.
- Insurity, acquired by GI Partners, reported the appointment of Chris Lafond as its CEO, succeeding Chris Giglio.
- SITO Mobile acquired MediaJel. Jake Litke, the CEO of MediaJel will continue as CEO of the company.
- ASG acquired Transcendent Corporation, which has appointed Steven Moore as new CEO.
- Gfinity Plc’s Global COO Graham Wallace has been promoted to CEO in the wake of a funding of $6.8M to fund future growth and strengthen commercial capabilities.
- Digital Locations divested its EllisLab Corp. subsidiary through a sale to its CEO Rick Ellis, who left Digital Locations and will continue to serve as President of EllisLab Corp.
- As a strategic review culminated in the sale of parts of the Arq Group Limited, leaving a smaller, less complex business, CEO Martin Mercer is leaving and a search for a new CEO is currently underway.
Long term open roles
- Marchex has been without a CEO since October 2016. The call analytics and call tracking company has had an “office of the CEO”.
- Stratasys’ current Chairman Elchanan (Elan) Jaglom is interim CEO since May 2018, until a successor is appointed. The company is conducting a CEO Search.
- Cherry AB - Swedish Economic Crime Authority initiated an investigation in May 2018 for insider crime as a result of share trading by Cherry’s former CEO, Anders Holmgren. Gunnar Lind is acting CEO.
Sudden resignations: Overstock.com - iCEO Jonathan E. Johnson III will serve as the Company's permanent CEO. Former CEO Dr. Patrick M. Byrne disclosed that he had been in a romantic relationship with Maria Butina, a woman accused of being a Russian spy who tried to infiltrate circles of political power before the 2016 presidential election. He resigned as Overstock’s CEO and chairman, saying his continued presence was complicating the company’s business relationships.
14 Newly Opened Roles - Geographic Distribution
- 11 out of 14 Newly Opened Tech CEO Roles are in North America: Oracle, eBay, Envestnet, Aviat Networks, USA Technologies, Quarterhill, Intrusion, Communitech Corporation, Digital Locations, iCIMS and Fusion Connect
- 3 Newly Opened Role in China, Netherlands and Malta: China Mobile, ASM International NV, Gaming Innovation Group, respectively.
For all 49 Open Tech CEO Roles & All Appointments
Most active regions/states/countries for Open Tech CEO Roles
- West Pacific has 11 open roles.
The most active regions/states/countries for Incoming CEOs
- 13 out of the 41 appointments in North America are in the West Pacific area. Northeast and Mid-Atlantic area has 11 appointments.
Sources of CEO Appointments
35 out of 63 CEOs appointed were sourced externally
Hope you enjoy this newsletter and find it useful. Suggestions and corrections are most welcome and appreciated.
Thanks again and all the best,
Vell Executive Search is a retained executive search firm that specializes in recruiting technology execs for boards and executive roles, including Board Members, CEOs, Presidents, GMs, CTOs/Chief Digital Officers/VP Engineering, SVP Sales, Chief Revenue Officers, CMOs, and CFOs. Vell has built a reputation for recruiting talented high-performing leadership teams globally. www.vell.com.
In this Edition
Open Tech CEO Roles: United States, Canada, EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America
New Tech CEO Appointments: United States, Canada, EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America
Vell Executive Search Representative Placements: Board, CEOs, GMs, CTOs, CFOs, SVP Sales, SVP, Marketing, CIOs, Chief Digital Officers
About Vell Executive Search
Open Tech CEO Roles
Open Tech CEO Roles - United States
- Northeast & Mid Atlantic: Eastman Kodak Company, NY; Carbonite, MA; Helios and Matheson Analytics, NY; Episerver, NH; Wayside Technology Group, NJ; USA Technologies, PA; iCIMS, NJ; Fusion Connect, NY
- Midwest: Envestnet, IL; Stratasys, MN
- South Central: GlobalSCAPE, TX; Intrusion, TX
- South Atlantic: LightPath Technologies, FL
- West Pacific: Oracle, CA; eBay, CA; Symantec Corporation, CA; Coherent, CA; Aviat Networks, CA; A10 Networks, CA; Move, CA; Marchex, WA; TrueCar, CA; Digital Locations, CA
Northeast Open Tech CEO Roles
- Eastman Kodak Company, NY, Feb 2019 - The Board of Directors of Eastman Kodak Company appointed Chairman Jim Continenza as the company's new Executive Chairman. Jeffrey J. Clarke, 57, stepped down after nearly five years as CEO. No new CEO has been named yet, and no announcement from the company on the CEO search. Clarke's seat on the Board has been filled by Phillippe D. Katz, newly appointed Director of Kodak.
- Carbonite, MA - Carbonite announced that Chairman Steve Munford has been named Interim CEO and Executive Chairman. This appointment follows Mohamad Ali's decision to step down as President, CEO and member of the Company's Board in order to pursue other professional opportunities in the media and research industry. Munford has served as a member of the Carbonite Board since January 2014, and as Chairman of the Board since March 2016. Carbonite provides backup, disaster recovery, high availability, and workload migration technology solutions in the United States. The Carbonite Board is conducting a thorough and comprehensive search, with the assistance of an international executive search firm, to identify the best candidate to serve as the Company’s next CEO.
- Helios and Matheson Analytics, NY, Sep 2019 - Helios and Matheson Analytics appointed Parthasarathy (Pat) Krishnan as the Interim CEO of the company. Since January 2017, Mr. Krishnan has served as the company's Chief Innovation Officer. A day after resigning, former CEO, Ted Farnsworth reportedly is cobbling together a group of investors to buy select MoviePass assets. The company is a data analytics company based in New York City, New York and is the parent company of MoviePass.
- Episerver, NH, May 2019 - Episerver CEO Mark Duffell stepped down in April 2019 according to his LinkedIN update. There was no public announcement about the leadership change. The website doesn't mention any new CEO. Insight Venture Partners, a New York-based global private equity firm focused on high-growth investments in the technology sector, acquired Episerver in a transaction valuing at $1.16 billion in September 2018. Episerver is a global software company offering web content management, digital commerce, and digital marketing, through the Episerver Digital Experience Cloud software platform.
- Wayside Technology Group, NJ, May 2019 - Wayside announced that Steve DeWindt has resigned as the Company's President, CEO and member of the Board, for personal health reasons. Michael Vesey, the Company's current Vice President and CFO, will serve as the company's interim President and CEO until a permanent successor has been named. Wayside Technology Group operates as an IT channel company worldwide.
- USA Technologies, PA, Oct 2019 - USA Technologies announced that its Board of Directors has appointed current Board member, Donald W. Layden, Jr., as Interim CEO. Mr. Layden’s appointment follows Stephen Herbert’s decision to step down as CEO and a director of the company. The Company intends to engage a leading executive search firm to identify a permanent CEO. Herbert’s departure comes three days after USAT’s largest investor, New York hedge fund Hudson Executive Capital, said it planned to nominate a slate of independent candidates to take over the company’s board.
- iCIMS, NJ, Sep 2019 - iCIMS announced that its founder Colin Day is moving from CEO of the company to Chairman. Ronald Kasner, iCIMS’ president and COO, will lead business operations as interim CEO while an executive search is conducted. iCIMS provides cloud-based talent acquisition solutions.
- Fusion Connect, NY, Oct 2019 - Fusion Connect announced that the company's Board of Directors has appointed Kevin Brand, most recently Fusion's SVP – Customer Experience, as interim CEO. Mr. Brand succeeds Matthew Rosen, who has resigned as CEO. Mr. Rosen will continue to serve as Chairman of the company's Board of Directors until Fusion has emerged from its chapter 11 process to ensure a smooth transition. Fusion's board will undertake a search to identify the company's next CEO. Fusion Connect provides integrated cloud solutions to small, medium, and large businesses.
Midwest Open Tech CEO Roles
- Envestnet, IL, Oct 2019 - Envestnet announced that Judson Bergman, Chairman and CEO, passed away on October 4, 2019, in San Francisco, CA in an automobile accident. The Board of Directors implemented the company’s emergency succession plan and has appointed Bill Crager, President of Envestnet and CEO of Envestnet Wealth Solutions, as Interim CEO. Mr. Crager has served as President of Envestnet since 2002.
- Stratasys, MN, May 2018 - Ilan Levin stepped down from his positions as CEO and Director of the 3D printer and additive manufacturing company, after less than two years on the job. Elchanan (Elan) Jaglom, the company’s current Chairman of the Board, is interim CEO until a successor is appointed. The company is conducting a CEO Search. 3D printers and 3D production systems for office-based rapid prototyping and direct manufacturing solution.
South Central Open CEO Roles
- GlobalSCAPE, TX, Apr 2019 - GlobalSCAPE announced, with deep sadness, the unexpected demise of its President and CEO, Matthew C. Goulet. The board has named Chairman Robert Alpert as Interim CEO while the search for a permanent replacement continues. GlobalSCAPE develops and distributes software, delivers managed and hosted solutions, and provides associated services for secure information exchange, and data transfer and sharing for enterprises and consumers worldwide.
- Intrusion, TX, Oct 2019 - Intrusion announced that CEO, Mr. G. Ward Paxton, passed away. The Company’s Board of Directors will be meeting very shortly to appoint a new CEO and to outline a succession plan for the Company going forward. Intrusion develops, markets, and supports entity identification, high speed data mining, cybercrime and advanced persistent threat detection, regulated information compliance, and data privacy protection products.
South Atlantic Open CEO Roles
- LightPath Technologies, FL, Jun 2019 - LightPath Technologies announced that Jim Gaynor intends to retire as President and CEO in June 2020 after more than 12 years with the Company. Mr. Gaynor will continue to serve as the Company’s CEO and President until a successor has been selected and will assist the Company’s board of directors in its ongoing succession planning. He will also continue to serve as a director. LightPath Technologies designs, develops, manufactures, and distributes optical components and assemblies.
West Pacific Open Tech CEO Roles
- Oracle, CA, Oct 2019 - Mark Hurd, co-CEO of Oracle, passed away at 62. He had taken a leave of absence from Oracle last month because of unspecified health reasons. He and Safra Catz were appointed as CEOs of Oracle in September 2014. Oracle founder and CTO Larry Ellison has said the company plans to keep its dual-CEO structure. The five Oracle executives — two that Ellison himself mentioned at the meeting with analysts, as well as three that experts suggest might make the shortlist — who could one day serve as the company's co-CEO are Steve Miranda, Don Johnson, Edward Screven, David Donatelli, and Loïc Le Guisquet.
- eBay, CA, Oct 2019 - Devin Wenig resigned as CEO, president and director amidst an ongoing review of its business. The company’s board of directors has appointed Scott Schenkel, previously the CFO, as the new interim CEO. EBay said it is conducting an ongoing search to fill the position on a permanent basis and is considering both internal and external candidates. Wenig, who has served as CEO since 2015, when eBay and PayPal were split into two separate, publicly traded companies, indicated that his departure was prompted by a disagreement with the board. The move comes amid turmoil at the company. Earlier this year, investors Elliott Management suggested key structural changes to help reinvigorate a floundering company. eBay went through layoffs and restructuring in the wake of the letter.
- Symantec Corporation, CA, May 2019 – Symantec announced that Richard S. Hill, current Symantec director and former Chairman and CEO of Novellus Systems, has been appointed Interim President and CEO. He succeeds Greg Clark, who has stepped down as President and CEO and as a member of the Symantec Board. The Company will commence a search process to find a permanent CEO. Greg Clark was appointed Symantec CEO when the security giant acquired Blue Coat in 2016, where he was CEO. The leadership change follows multiple key executive exits at Symantec late last year, including the COO and CMO, an internal accounting probe, activist investor unrest and enterprise sales struggles.
- Coherent, CA, Apr 2019 - Coherent announced that President and CEO John Ambroseo have entered into a transition and retirement agreement, pursuant to which he will step down from his roles no later than April 2021. The Governance and Nominating Committee of the Board is leading a global search for Mr. Ambroseo's successor. Coherent provides lasers, laser-based technologies, and laser-based system solutions for a range of scientific, commercial, and industrial applications.
- Aviat Networks, CA, Sep 2019 - Aviat Networks appointed Stan Gallagher as Interim CEO. Mr. Gallagher has served as the Company's COO and Principal Financial Officer since June 2018 and will continue to hold these positions. Michael Pangia, Aviat's President and CEO and a director of the Company has resigned as an officer and director to pursue other opportunities.
- A10 Networks, CA, Jul 2019 - A10 Networks, the virtualized security and SDN vendor also announced that CEO and President Lee Chen will retire once the company hires his successor, which A10 expects to do during the third quarter of 2019. The Board has formed a search committee and retained an executive search firm for the purpose of recruiting and exploring potential CEO candidates. Upon the appointment of a successor, Mr. Chen will resign as president and CEO. A10 Networks hired Bank of America Merrill Lynch to advise the company on “strategic matters” including a potential sale. A10 Networks is a U.S. public company specializing in the manufacturing of application delivery controllers.
- Move, CA, Jun 2019 - Ryan O’Hara will be departing as CEO of Move, to join Shutterfly as CEO. Ms. Tracey Fellows has been named Acting CEO of Move, operator of realtor.com, while a search for a new chief executive is underway. Ms. Fellows will continue to serve as News Corp’s President of Global Digital Real Estate and lead the development of the fastest growing sector in the company. Move operates an online network of Websites for real estate search in North America. Move, Inc. is a real estate listing company based in Santa Clara, California. The company operates the Move Network of real estate websites, the largest of which is Realtor.com. Move has a longstanding partnership with the National Association of Realtors, the real estate industry's largest trade association, for operating Realtor.com.
- Marchex, WA, Oct 2016 - Pete Christothoulou resigned as CEO in October 2016. An office of the CEO for the call analytics and call tracking company is still in place as of October 29, 2019.
- TrueCar, CA, Jun 2019 - TrueCar announced that Chip Perry, its President and CEO, has retired. The Board has appointed Michael Darrow as interim President and CEO. Mr. Darrow is currently EVP of Partner & OEM Development and President of ALG. TrueCar is an automotive pricing and information website for new and used car buyers and dealers. TrueCar is paid by dealerships so they can obtain potential buyers' contact information.
- Digital Locations, CA, Oct 2019 - Rick Ellis resigned as the Digital Locations’s CEO and as a member of the Company’s Board of Directors. Mr. Ellis’ decision to resign from the Company’s board of directors is not the result of any disagreement with the Company. The Company divested its EllisLab Corp. subsidiary through a sale to Rick Ellis, the Company’s former CEO and board member. Mr. Ellis, the lead developer of ExpressionEngine, a free and open-source content management system (CMS), will continue to serve as President of EllisLab Corp. and provide services to the open source ExpressionEngine community.
Open Tech CEO Roles - Canada
- Ontario: Quarterhill, LoyaltyOne, Communitech, Data Deposit Box, Helix Applications, First Global Data
- British Columbia: BLOK Technologies, Glance Technologies, Cascadia Blockchain Group
- Quebec: IRYStec Software
Details of Open Tech CEO Roles - Canada
- Quarterhill, ON, Canada, Oct 2019 - Quarterhill announced that Mr. Doug Parker has resigned as President and CEO of Quarterhill effective immediately. Mr. Parker has also resigned as a Board member of the Company. The Board of Directors has begun a process to appoint a new CEO and further updates will made in due course. In the interim and until such time as a new President and CEO of Quarterhill is appointed, the CEOs of the company's three main subsidiaries (International Road Dynamics, VIZIYA and WiLAN) and certain other senior executives will report directly to the Board.
- LoyaltyOne, ON, Canada, Aug 2019 - Bryan A. Pearson has departed as CEO of LoyaltyOne, the operator of the AIR MILES® Reward Program in Canada. ADS announced that Charles Horn, EVP and Vice Chairman of ADS, will oversee LoyaltyOne on an interim basis. LoyaltyOne, Co. provides loyalty marketing services to enterprises in retail, financial services, grocery, petroleum retail, travel, and hospitality sectors globally. LoyaltyOne owns and operates the AIR MILES® Reward Program, Canada's most recognized loyalty program.
- Communitech Corporation, ON, Canada, Oct 2019 - Communitech announced that Iain Klugman, company's CEO has announced he will step down in early 2021. Klugman, who has led Communitech since 2004, will continue as CEO for the next 16 months until his current term expires on January 31, 2021. Communitech’s board of directors will launch a search for his successor in early 2020.
- BLOK Technologies, BC, Canada, Jan 2019 - BLOK Technologies announced the resignation of President & CEO Robert Dawson. Mr. James Hyland, Director, is serving as President. The company begun a search for a permanent President & CEO. BLOK Technologies engages in the provision of block chain technology services. It offers capital, technology, and management services to produce block chain-enabled business applications.
- Glance Technologies, BC, Canada, Jun 2019 - Glance Technologies has appointed Mr. Jonathan Hoyles as its interim CEO and member of the board. Mr. Hoyles succeeds Desmond Griffin who has stepped down from these roles and will act as an advisor to Glance subsequent to the transition. The Board will conduct an internal and external search for a permanent replacement. Glance Technologies is the owner of Glance Pay, a smartphone payment applications that enable merchants to provide their customers with quick secure payments, digital rewards, and a better customer experience.
- Data Deposit Box, ON, Canada, Aug 2019 - Data Deposit Box announced that Tim Jewell, Founder and CEO of Data Deposit Box, passed away August 18th in Toronto, Ontario. In May of this year, the company announced a medical leave of absence for Tim. Siva Cherla is appointed as interim CEO. The Company is a global provider of cloud backup and recovery technology.
- Helix Applications, ON, Canada, Oct 2019 - Helix Applications announced that the ongoing uncertainty around the development timeline for blockchain technologies, which has been well documented over the last year in the mainstream media, and which has been a challenge for the company, the Board of Directors has decided to halt further development of its technologies pending a strategic review of those technologies and operational capabilities. During this period of review, the company will seek to preserve its cash. In light of this decision, Mr. Tom Thompson has decided to pursue alternative opportunities and has resigned as CEO. Rufus Round, director of Helix, has been appointed as interim CEO. Mr. Round acted as CEO of the company from June 2018 to November 2018. Helix Applications is a blockchain-based technology company pushing the boundaries and possibilities of blockchain.
- IRYSTEC, QC, Canada, Aug 2019 - IRYStec Software announced that Simon Morris has resigned from his role as CEO for personal reasons. The IRYStec board of directors has appointed Dr. Rouzbeh Yassini-Fard, Chairman of the board as acting CEO. IRYSTEC is a startup company, leading the perceptual computational display technology.
- First Global Data, ON, Canada, Dec 2018 - First Global Data announced the resignation of its Chairman and CEO, Mr. Andre Itwaru, though the company website still lists him as the CEO. The Company is actively sourcing a replacement CEO and will provide additional updates by way of press release. First Global Data provides electronic payments and transaction processing solutions.
- Cascadia Blockchain Group Corp., BC, Canada, Apr 2019 - Cascadia Blockchain Group announced the appointment of Mr. Robin Guo as the Board member and the Acting President & CEO for the vacancies left behind by Ms. Rachel Wang upon her resignation, though the company website still lists her as the CEO. Cascadia Blockchain Group engages in the development of block chain technology platform.
Open Tech CEO Roles - Rest of the World
- China: China Mobile
- Netherlands: ASM International NV
- United Kingdom: First Derivatives Plc, Catenae Innovation Plc
- Sweden: Cherry AB, Zutec Holding AB, Ranplan Group AB
- Australia: Adacel Technologies, CSG Limited, Arq Group Limited
- Malta: Gaming Innovation Group
- Finland: Avidly Oyj
- Norway: Cxense ASA
- Israel: On Track Innovations
- Jersey: Audioboom Group Plc
- Gibraltar: Nektan Plc
Details of Open Tech CEO Roles - Rest of the World
- China Mobile, China, Oct 2019 - Li Yue, CEO of China Mobile, stepped down with immediate effect after reaching the mandatory retirement age, leaving the world’s largest operator seeking a replacement. China Mobile announced Li’s departure, but offered no word on a replacement for the former CEO, who had reached the age of 60 years. Li also served as executive director at the company.
- ASM International NV, Netherlands, Sep 2019 - ASM International NV announced that Mr. Chuck del Prado, CEO, Chairman of the Management Board and President of the company has notified the Supervisory Board that he wishes to retire from the company at the Annual General Meeting of shareholders to be held in May 2020.
- Adacel Technologies Limited, Australia, Aug 2019 - Adacel Technologies Limited appointed CFO Daniel Verret additionally as Acting CEO. The search will be both internally as well as externally.The company is a developer of critical aviation, speech recognition, defense simulation and security systems for government and commercial enterprises.
- First Derivatives Plc, United Kingdom, Jul 2019 - First Derivatives plc announced that after announcing his diagnosis with cancer, CEO Brian Conlon, 53, passed away on 28 July 2019. In the interim period, Non-Executive Chairman Seamus Keating has been appointed Executive Chairman with immediate effect. First Derivatives has initiated a process to appoint a new CEO.
- Cherry AB, Sweden, May 2018 - Anders Holmgren, CEO and President, left the Swedish gaming company. Gunnar Lind is acting CEO and will remain in this position to ascertain that the group develops according to plan until a permanent CEO is appointed. Swedish Economic Crime Authority initiated an investigation for insider crime as a result of share trading by Cherry’s CEO, Anders Holmgren. Cherry AB’s principal owner is Bridgepoint Europe VI Fund. The Board has resolved to apply for delisting of the Cherry share, series B, from Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Catenae Innovation Plc, United Kingdom, Jul 2019 - Catenae announced the resignation of Tony Sanders as a director of the company. Due to changes in personal circumstances, Tony feels he is unable to commit to continue as CEO and Chair of the Board. Guy Meyer, Business Development Director, will take on the role of Interim CEO to lead the business through the next strategic phase of its development. Catenae Innovation is a British Digital Media and Technology company. Originally a cross media proprietor with holdings in radio, publishing and television, the company now focuses on the digital media and technology sector.
- Gaming Innovation Group, Malta, Sep 2019 - The Board of Directors of Gaming Innovation Group (GiG) decided to replace the CEO of GiG, Robin Eirik Reed, who left his position in September 2019. GiG's COO Richard Brown assumes the position as acting CEO.
- CSG Limited, Australia, Mar 2019 - The Directors of CSG Limited have determined that for the Company's strategic transformation program and growth strategy "CSG 2021" to be best implemented, a change of leadership is required. As a result, Mark Bayliss, CSG's Chairman and Executive Director, has been appointed Acting CEO & Managing Director, and has stepped aside from the Chairman's role. Once "CSG 2021" is further progressed, the Board will undertake a selection process for a CEO & Managing Director. Julie-Ann Kerin has stepped down from the role of CEO & Managing Director and has resigned as a Director of the Company. Kerin has had criminal charges filed against her by Victoria’s Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC). CSG Limited provides print and business technology solutions in Australia and New Zealand.
- Avidly Oyj, Finland, Aug 2019 - Avidly CEO Jyrki Vaittinen stepped down from his position. Mikko Marttinen, CFO of Avidly Plc, has been named interim CEO. The Board of Directors has launched a search for Vaittinen successor. Avidly is a Finnish marketing services agency operating in Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
- Zutec Holding AB, Sweden, Sep 2019 - Zutec Holding AB (publ) announced that CEO Brendan O'Riordan has tendered his resignation to pursue other career opportunities. The Board has appointed Clíona Farrelly, presently the CFO of the Company, as interim CEO. Zutec develops and markets cloud-based software solutions, primarily directed to companies within the building and construction industry.
- Ranplan Group AB, Sweden, Jun 2019 - Current board member Per Lindberg named as interim CEO. Per Lindberg will remain member of the board. As previously communicated the current CEO Alastair Williamson will relinquish his role as CEO effective 1 September and thereafter be appointed as new member of the board subject to approval by an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM). Alastair Williamson, Ranplan's CEO and former Head of Sales, has accepted a leadership position within an AIM listed Company based in London, UK. Ranplan is an innovative wireless technology company that has developed world leading software tools for indoor and hybrid indoor/outdoor wireless networks.
- Cxense ASA, Norway, Oct 2019 - Cxense ASA's CEO, Christian Printzell Halvorsen, resigned from his position. Alex Franta from Piano Software has been appointed by the board as interim CEO. Cxense ASA is a company that provides advertising, data-management, search, analytics and content-recommendations services.
- On Track Innovations, Israel, Jun 2019 - Shlomi Cohen, the CEO of On Track Innovations Ltd. and a member of the Board of Directors of the company, notified the Board of his resignation from the position of CEO. Cohen advised that his decision to resign is due to a disagreement with the Board on matters relating to the Company’s strategies and operations. Mr. Assaf Cohen, who currently serves as CFO of the Company, was appointed as the Company’s Interim CEO to serve in such capacity until a replacement is appointed. The company is continuing to seek a suitable candidate to serve as its permanent CEO.
- Audioboom Group Plc, Jersey, Sep 2019 - Audioboom Group plc announced that the Company's CEO, Rob Proctor, has stepped down from this role and as a director of the Company. Stuart Last, COO of Audioboom, has been appointed interim CEO of the Company and the Board has commenced the search for a permanent replacement. Audioboom engages in the provision of podcast services. Its spoken word platform offers different audio genres such as news, sports, current affairs, true crime, and entertainment.
- Nektan Plc, Gibraltar, Aug 2019 - Nektan plc announced that Lucy Buckley, the company's CEO, has resigned. Lucy will remain available to the Board for a period of time to enable a smooth transition to a new leadership structure, for which the board has commenced a review. The Group expects to make a further announcement in due course. Gary Shaw, Founder and Executive Director of Nektan, has assumed the role of Interim CEO, in addition to his existing responsibilities for international expansion.
- Arq Group Limited, Australia, Sep 2019 - As a strategic review culminated in the sale of parts of the Arq Group Limited, leaving a smaller, less complex business, CEO Martin Mercer and the Board have agreed that he will be leaving the business in a transitioned and orderly process. The search for a new CEO is currently underway with Tristan Sternson stepping in as interim CEO. Arq Group, previously Melbourne IT Group, is Australia’s leading digital solutions partner.
Tech CEO Appointments
Tech CEO Appointments - US
- Northeast & Mid-Atlantic: The We Company, NY; Cerence, MA; Insurity, CT; Data Intensity, MA; SITO Mobile, NJ; Protegrity USA, CT; Aware, MA; Oneiro N.A., MA; Luminary Media, NY; StatSocial, NY; OT Claroty, NY
- Midwest: Valassis Communications, MI
- South Central: National Instruments Corporation, TX
- South Atlantic: DXC Technology Company, VA; Streamline Health Solutions, GA; Nxt-ID, FL; FairWarning, FL; Transcendent Corporation, FL; Catalina Marketing Corporation, FL; JAGGAER, NC
- West Mountain: Overstock.com, UT; InsideSales.com, UT; Avetta, UT
- West Pacific: Sanmina Corporation, CA; ServiceNow, CA; Finisar Corporation, CA; Cloudera, CA; Alaska Communications Systems Group, Alaska; DataStax, CA; Sauce Labs, CA; MeridianLink, CA; BMC Software, TX; Riverbed Technology, CA; Trace3, CA ; Electro Rent Corporation, CA; Conversica, CA.
Tech CEO Appointments in the US Northeast & Mid-Atlantic
- The We Company, NY - WeWork founder Adam Neumann stepped down as CEO of the troubled office rental company on September 24, 2019 after shelving plans for a stock market listing. Neumann came under fire after the company’s prospectus filing for the IPO revealed heavy losses and a wide discrepancy in the distribution of power between him and the company’s other shareholders. The filing also shed light on some of Neumann’s alleged self-dealing, including the fact that he had trademarked the name “We” and then licensed it to his own company.The New York Times says Neumann was pressured by board members and investors to step down, and it’s been reported that even SoftBank’s Masayoshi Son supported his removal. Two current executives, Amazon vet Sebastian Gunningham and CFO Artie Minson, will serve as co-chief executives. There is no search for a new singular CEO. WeWork (officially The We Company) provides shared workspaces for technology startups and services for other enterprises.
- Cerence, MA - Speech recognition company Nuance Communications' spin-off Cerence appointed Sanjay Dhawan as CEO. Sanjay is former President, Harman Connected Services. The spinoff made its trading debut this month. Cerence provides A.I. powered assistants and innovations for connected and autonomous vehicles. It will continue Nuance’s development of digital dashboard features for vehicles, including voice-activated controls that allow drivers to do things like make calls, ask for directions, and change the radio station while keeping their hands on the wheel. Cerence provides AI powered assistants and innovations for connected and autonomous vehicles.
- Insurity, CT - Insurity reported the appointment of Chris Lafond as its CEO, succeeding Chris Giglio, who will remain on Insurity's board of directors. According to a release, Lafond has been part of the Insurity executive team since 2017, previously serving as the company's CFO. Insurity was acquired by GI Partners, a leading middle-market alternative asset manager in June 2019. Insurity develops software solutions and services to the commercial, personal, and specialty insurance market.
- Data Intensity, MA - Data Intensity introduced Philip LaForge as the company's new President and CEO. Before joining Data Intensity, LaForge was President and CEO of IT Authorities and OneNeck IT Solutions and held senior leadership roles at Nimsoft and CDW Berbee. Data Intensity provides analytics, business intelligence, and managed and cloud services for enterprise application and data management.
- SITO Mobile, NJ - SITO Mobile and MediaJel announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement pursuant to which SITO will acquire 100% of the equity interests of MediaJel. Jake Litke, the CEO of MediaJel will continue as CEO. Tom Pallack, SITO's current CEO, will transition to the role of a consultant to the Company. SITO Mobile provides advertisement delivery, measurement and attribution, and consumer insights using its proprietary location-based marketing intelligence platform.
- Protegrity USA, CT - Protegrity USA announced that Rick Farnell will join the company as its new CEO. Farnell joins Protegrity following a successful 20-year career in the technology industry having held executive positions for pioneers such as C-bridge Internet Solutions, Sun Microsystems, Think Big Analytics and Teradata Corporation. Most recently, Farnell served as SVP responsible for Teradata’s global consulting business comprising over 5,000 consultants across 75 countries. Protegrity USA provides data security solutions.
- Aware, MA - Aware, Inc. announced that Robert A. Eckel has been appointed CEO, President and Director. Kevin T. Russell, Aware's current CEO and President, General Counsel has been named Chief Legal and Administrative Officer. Mr. Russell will continue to serve as a member of the Board of Directors of Aware. Prior to joining Aware, Mr. Eckel served as the CEO and President North America for the Identity and Security business at Idemia. Aware provides software and services for the biometrics industry.
- Oneiro N.A., MA - Oneiro announced the appointment of Dhesi Ananchaperumal to the team, who will be joining as CEO, in order to help lead the next phase of growth for Oneiro. Dhesi Ananchaperumal has vast experience with blockchain startups, as well as with already established products and businesses. Prior to joining Oneiro, Ananchaperumal co-founded and served as CEO of Verité. Oneiro has secured an investment of $5 million from COSIMO Ventures. This is the second investment round by COSIMO to Oneiro, following a seed round of $3 million in February 2018, bringing the total venture capital investment to date to $8 million. Oneiro N.A. develops blockchain and cryptocurrency application solutions for decentralized Internet.
- Luminary Media, NY - Luminary Media announced that Simon Sutton, former President and Chief Revenue Officer of HBO, has joined Luminary as CEO. Matt Sacks, who founded Luminary in 2018, will serve as Executive Chairman of Luminary. Luminary Media develops an application for searching and listening to podcasts.
- StatSocial, NY - StatSocial appointed David Barker as the company's new CEO. Barker replaces Michael Hussey who is moving to the position of President. Barker is an experienced digital media executive with strong connections to market leaders in the industry. Prior to joining StatSocial, he served as President of Data Solutions and Innovation at Cision and VP of Media and Data Platform Sales at Oracle. StatSocial delivers Twitter analytics that help marketers to understand their social consumers.
- OT Claroty Ltd., NY - Claroty has named Thorsten Freitagas as CEO. Mr. Freitag has served as Chief Revenue Officer at Druva and Infoblox, head of EMEA operations at F5 Networks, and in international leadership roles at Cisco Systems and Siemens. OT Claroty, doing business as Claroty, operates an OT security platform that enables engineers, operators, and cyber security professionals to protect and optimize OT networks.
Tech CEO Appointments in the US Midwest Region
- Valassis Communications, MI - Valassis announced the promotion of Cali Tran to president and CEO. Following his promotion to president in January 2019, Tran led organizational alignment and strengthened the company’s data-driven solutions, while identifying and expanding new growth opportunities. Current CEO Dan Singleton, appointed in January 2019, will move into a senior advisory role for Harland Clarke Holdings continuing to report directly to John O’Malley. Valassis Communications provides media solutions to advertisers and agencies worldwide.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US South Central Region
- National Instruments Corporation, TX - National Instruments Corporation announced that Alex Davern will step down as CEO of NI, effective January 31, 2020. The NI Board of Directors has appointed current President and COO, Eric Starkloff, as NI President and CEO, effective February 1, 2020. Davern will take up a teaching position at the University of Texas McCombs School of Business starting in the Fall of 2020. Davern will remain on staff at NI as strategic advisor to the CEO through May and will continue to serve on the NI Board of Directors.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US South Atlantic Region
- DXC Technology Company, VA - DXC Technology Company has elected Michael J. Salvino as President and CEO. Salvino succeeds J. Michael Lawrie, who has served as DXC’s Chairman, President and CEO since the company’s formation in 2017. Lawrie and the DXC board began discussing succession and planned retirement about a year ago. With his support, the board began a process to identify and recruit his successor. Salvino most recently served as a managing director at Carrick Capital Partners, where he specialized in technology-enabled services, including BPO, security and machine learning.
- Streamline Health Solutions, GA - Streamline Health Solutions has appointed Wyche T. Tee Green, III as President and CEO of the Company. Mr. Green has served as the interim President and Chief Executive of the Company since July 29, 2019. Mr. Green, age 46, is currently Chairman of the Board of the Company and the Chairman and CEO of 121G, LLC. Streamline Health Solutions provides health information technology solutions and associated services for hospitals and health systems.
- Nxt-ID, FL - Nxt-ID announced that Gino M. Pereira has resigned from his roles as CEO, President, director and chairman. The Company has appointed the Company’s current CFO, Vincent S. Miceli, as CEO, President and a director. Nxt-ID provides technology products and services for healthcare applications.
- FairWarning, FL - FairWarning has hired Ed Holmes as its new CEO. Patrick Marschall occupied the interim CEO spot since December 2018. Holmes hails from Peoplenet, where he was the CEO until the company was acquired by Boston-based Bullhorn in 2017. Holmes then shifted to a SVP role of workforce and revenue cloud at Bullhorn. FairWarning provides cross-platform healthcare privacy auditing solutions for electronic health records.
- Transcendent Corporation, FL - Transcendent Corporation appointed Steven Moore as new CEO. Lind Hutton, previous CEO, will remain active in the business until his retirement later 2019. ASG, a fast-growing software business that buys, builds, and operates vertical SaaS companies, announced the acquisition of Transcendent in September 2019. Moore has been an operating executive of ASG. Transcendent Corporation develops software solutions for asset management.
- Catalina Marketing Corporation, FL - Catalina announced that it has named Wayne Powers as its new President and CEO. Powers will succeed Jerry Sokol Jr., who will serve as a strategic advisor to Catalina to support a seamless leadership transition. Powers most recently served as President of Valassis. Catalina Marketing Corporation provides personalized digital media solutions for consumer packaged goods (CPG), agencies, and retail industry.
- JAGGAER, NC - JAGGAER announced that EVP Jim Bureau has been appointed CEO. With more than 20 years of sales, marketing, and product leadership experience, Mr. Bureau joined JAGGAER in 2018 and has been responsible for the company’s customer success, sales and commercial operations globally. Prior to JAGGAER, he served in senior leadership positions within several high-quality software organizations including Verint Systems/ KANA Software, Shared Health, Pegasystems and Oracle. Mr. Bureau succeeds Robert Bonavito, who has served as CEO since 2016. JAGGAER develops cloud-based business automation software solutions for spend management.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US West
- Overstock.com, UT - Overstock.Com appointed Jonathan E. Johnson III to serve as the Company's CEO. Mr. Johnson, has been serving as the company's Interim CEO since August 2019. Mr. Johnson joined the Company in September 2002 and has served as a director since May 2013. Mr. Johnson also serves as President, Medici Ventures. Former CEO Dr. Patrick M. Byrne disclosed that he had been in a romantic relationship with Maria Butina, a woman accused of being a Russian spy who tried to infiltrate circles of political power before the 2016 presidential election. He resigned as Overstock’s CEO and chairman, saying his continued presence was complicating the company’s business relationships.
- InsideSales.com, UT - InsideSales.com, the only AI Sales Platform powered by Collective Intelligence, announced appointment of Chris Harrington as its new CEO. He was previously COO of InsideSales.com. InsideSales.com develops an artificial intelligence (AI) growth platform for sales.
- Avetta, UT - Avetta has appointed Arshad Matin as President and CEO. Mr. Matin will also become a member of the company’s Board of Directors. Mr. Matin succeeds John Herr, who is stepping down as CEO. Recently, Matin served as President, CEO and Board member of Paradigm Ltd. Avetta develops a SaaS based software for managing suppliers, contractors, and vendors.
- Sanmina Corporation, CA - Sanmina Corporation appointed Hartmut Liebel, 56, as CEO, replacing Michael Clarke. Mr. Clarke will also resign from the Board and will continue to serve in an advisory role during a transition period. Mr. Liebel had previously served as President and COO of the Company since July 2019. Prior to that, Mr. Liebel was President and CEO of privately owned iQor, a leading global provider of intelligent customer interaction and product outsourcing solutions.
- ServiceNow, CA - ServiceNow announced that Bill McDermott will join ServiceNow by year-end 2019 as President and CEO and a member of the Board of Directors. McDermott will succeed John Donahoe, who is stepping down from ServiceNow to become President and CEO of Nike in January 2020. McDermott served as CEO of SAP from 2014 until this month and was co-CEO from 2010 to 2014.
- Finisar Corporation, CA - Finisar Corporation announced that in connection with the consummation of the Merger with II-VI, the Company appointed II-VI President Walter R. Bashaw II as the President, principal executive officer and principal operating officer of the Company. Finisar Corporation provides components and subsystems to networking equipment manufacturers, data center operators, telecom service providers, consumer electronics, and automotive companies.
- Cloudera, CA - The Board had appointed Martin Cole, Chairman of the Board, as interim CEO. The website now lists him as Chairman and CEO. Though there has been no announcements.
- Alaska Communications Systems Group, Alaska - Alaska Communications Systems Group has named William (Bill) H. Bishop president and CEO and to the Board of Directors of the company. Bishop has served as Alaska Communications’ interim CEO since June 2019. He joined the company in 2004 and has served in several leadership roles, including SVP of customer and revenue management and COO.
- DataStax, CA - Google VP Chet Kapoor has joined DataStax as its new CEO. Kapoor, for his part, spent the last three years as a VP at Google, where he created a five-year plan for bringing AI-powered products to the education sector. He joined Google when the tech giant acquired Apigee, the cross-Cloud API management platform. DataStax provides database software for cloud applications.
- Sauce Labs, CA - Sauce Labs announced it has appointed Aled Miles, a technology industry veteran with over 30 years of experience, as the company’s new CEO. Miles replaces Charles Ramsey, who is stepping aside to focus on family and personal interests after nearly 5 years of successful stewardship. Miles was previously CEO at TeleSign, where he helped transform the company into a leading provider of platform-as-a-service-based customer identity and engagement solutions, and guided it through its successful sale to BICS, a telecommunications provider jointly owned by the Proximus Group, Swisscom and MTN. Sauce Labs provides cloud-based testing for mobile and web applications.
- MeridianLink, CA - MeridianLink named Nicolaas Vlok as CEO. Vlok will partner with long-time CEO and Co-founder Tim Nguyen, who will ascend to the position of Vice-Chairman and Chief Strategy Officer. Previously, Vlok spent 10+ years as CEO at Vision Solutions. Most recently, Vlok has been on the board of several Thoma Bravo companies. MeridianLink, an application service provider, offers web-based solutions and systems integrations for the financial sector.
- BMC Software, TX - BMC named Ayman Sayed as CEO. Sayed comes from BMC rival CA Technologies, where he served as president and chief product officer. As CEO, Sayed steps into a role occupied by Bob Beauchamp, who joined BMC as interim CEO in April after Peter Leav, CEO since 2016, stepped down to take a planned career break. Beauchamp will remain with BMC as chairman of the board.
- Riverbed Technology, CA - Mitel Networks' CEO Rich McBee has taken over as Roverbed's CEO. Outgoing CEO Paul Mountford is leaving the Company to take another executive position in the industry. Prior to transforming Mitel into a leading global provider of unified communications, McBee served as President of the Communications and Enterprise Group of Danaher Corporation. Riverbed Technology develops and provides application performance infrastructure solutions.
- Trace3, CA - Trace3 announced the promotion of Tyler Beecher to Chairman of the Board and the appointment of Rich Fennessy to CEO. Fennessy brings a proven track record to Trace3 as a successful CEO, with 32 years of management experience in the technology industry. After 17 years at IBM, where he held several senior-level executive positions domestically and internationally, he served as an accomplished CEO of multiple technology companies, including Insight Enterprises, eInstruction, Fishnet Security, and most recently Kudelski Security. Trace3 provides information technology solutions and consultation services.
- Electro Rent Corporation, CA - Electro Rent appointed Jay Geldmacher as the company’s new Global CEO and President. Most recently, he was the President and CEO of Artesyn Embedded Technologies (formerly Emerson’s Embedded Computing & Power Business) where he championed the expansion of engineering resources and investments in technology into new markets such as hyper-scale, 5G and Industry 4.0. Mr. Geldmacher will succeed current Electro Rent Global CEO Nigel Brown, who is retiring from day-to-day service but will remain active as a shareholder, Chairman and key strategic advisor to the company. Electro Rent Corporation rents, leases, and sells new and used electronic test and measurement (T&M) equipment primarily for use in the aerospace and defense, telecommunications, electronics, industrial, and semiconductor markets.
- Conversica, CA - Conversica announced that Jim Kaskade has been appointed CEO. Prior to Janrain, Jim was the VP & GM for Computer Sciences Corporation. Conversica develops and offers cloud based automated artificial intelligence-based sales conversion management software solutions for marketing, inside sales, and sales organizations.
Tech CEO Appointments - Canada
- Ontario: Mitel Networks Corporation, Datametrex AI Limited, Nymi
- British Columbia: CounterPath Corporation, Minerva Intelligence
Tech CEO Appointments - Canada
- Mitel Networks Corporation, ON, Canada - Mitel Networks Corporation announced the appointment of Mary T. McDowell as president and CEO. Most recently, McDowell was CEO and board member for Polycom Inc. Former CEO Rich McBee has accepted the CEO role at Riverbed Technology and departs Mitel after leading the company through a period of strategic transformation, including driving Mitel’s industry consolidation strategy, completing more than a dozen acquisitions and strategic transactions.
- CounterPath Corporation, BC, Canada - CounterPath Corporation made David Karp President and CEO. He was previously Interim CEO and CFO. CounterPath Corporation designs, develops, and sells software and services that enable enterprises and telecommunication service providers to deliver unified communications services over Internet protocol based networks in North America and internationally.
- Datametrex AI Limited, ON, Canada - Datametrex AI Limited announced that the Company’s board of directors appointed Nexalogy’s CEO, Marshall Gunter, as the new CEO of Datametrex. Andrew Ryu has stepped down from his role as CEO and will assume the position as the Company’s Chairman. These management changes are inline with the company’s strategy to focus on operations and drive growth in both revenue and share price. Datametrex AI Limited provides big data and artificial intelligence services in Canada and Korea.
- Minerva Intelligence, BC, Canada - Minerva Intelligence announced that Scott Tillman is assuming the role of CEO, with Clinton Smyth moving into the role of CTO. Mr. Tillman is the manager of Pi Consulting, LLC. Minerva Intelligence engages in developing and marketing artificial intelligent (AI) software products.
- Nymi, ON, Canada - Nymi welcomed Chris Sullivan as its new CEO. Chris joins Nymi as the business sees strong market demand and a rapidly growing customer base in pharmaceutical manufacturing. This is a reflection of the company's current state: ready for the future after a strong year of growth. Chris is former CISO, Core Security. Chris takes over from Vijay Parmar, Executive Chairman at Nymi. Vijay stepped in to guide Nymi since early 2018 as Nymi moved from product development to active deployments at leading pharmaceutical companies. Nymi develops and delivers Nymi Band, a wearable authenticator that identifies a user based on their unique electrocardiogram through proprietary technology called HeartID.
Tech CEO Appointments - Rest of the World
- Germany: SAP
- France: Capgemini
- Argentina: Telecom Argentina
- Kenya: Safaricom Plc
- India: Tata Communications
- United Kingdom: William Hill Plc, Xaar Plc, Adept4 Plc, Gfinity plc, Mandata, Logicalis Group
- Japan: ZOZO
- New Zealand: Chorus Limited
- Netherlands: Neways Electronics International
- Taiwan: HTC Corporation
- Norway: Link Mobility Group ASA
- Belgium: EVS Broadcast Equipment S.A.
- Australia: Catapult Group International
- Sweden: Net Insight AB, BIMobject
- China: Powerbridge Technologies
- Israel: Medial EarlySign
Tech CEO Appointment Details - Rest of the World
- SAP, Germany - SAP SE announced that Bill McDermott has decided not to renew his contract and is stepping down from his position as CEO. In activating the company's long-term succession plan, Executive Board members Jennifer Morgan and Christian Klein have been appointed Co-CEOs, with the approval of the Supervisory Board. Morgan and Klein bring decades of experience in the enterprise applications software industry. Both serve on the company's Executive Board. Morgan, who joined SAP in 2004, most recently served as President of SAP's Cloud Business Group. Klein, who started his career at SAP two decades ago as a student, most recently served as the company's COO.
- Capgemini, France - Capgemini has promoted its COO Aiman Ezzat, 50, to the position of CEO. Ezzat will take the baton from the current CEO Paul Hermelin in May 2020. Hermelin will still remain chairman of the board. Ezzat took charge as COO in January last year, having served the company for nearly 20 years. He was the architect of Capgemini's acquisition of Kanbay.
- Telecom Argentina, Argentina - Telecom Argentina decided to appoint Sub-Director General and former COO of the company Mr. Roberto Daniel Nóbile as CEO from January 2020. Mr. Carlos Moltini will cease his duties as CEO of the company on December 31, 2019, to assume new responsibilities in the company, focusing on the company's strategic plans.
- Safaricom Plc, Kenya - The Board of Directors of Safaricoms named Peter Ndegwa as the new CEO, with effect from April 2020. Currently, the position is held on an interim basis by Michael Joseph, who also served in the role on a permanent basis between July 2000 and November 2010. Former Managing Director of Diageo Continental Europe, a British multinational alcoholic beverages company. Safaricom Plc provides telecommunication services in Kenya. Safaricom Plc provides telecommunication services in Kenya.
- Tata Communications Limited, India - Tata Communications appointed Mr. Amur S Lakshminarayanan (Lakshmi) as Managing Director and Group CEO - Designate of Tata Communications. Most recently at TCS, Amur successfully managed and developed scalable businesses. His roles in the company included President and CEO of TCS Japan, Global Head of Telecom, Media & Information Services, HiTech and Utilities, and Head of TCS UK & Europe. Tata Communications Limited provides telecommunications services worldwide.
- William Hill Plc, United Kingdom - William Hill Plc announced that Philip Bowcock will step down as CEO and as a Director of the Company. Ulrik Bengtsson, previously William Hill's Chief Digital Officer, has been appointed CEO Designate and a Director of the Company with immediate effect. This change is part of William Hill's succession planning and consistent with the Group's strategy of becoming a digitally led and internationally diverse gambling company. Ulrik joined William Hill in April 2018 and was previously President and CEO of Betsson AB. William Hill Plc provides sports betting and gaming services in the United Kingdom and internationally.
- ZOZO, Japan - Kotaro Sawada assumed new position of Representative Director, President & CEO from former position director. The board also approved the retirement of Yusaku Maezawa as President and representative director. ZOZO operates online shopping Websites in Japan and internationally.
- Chorus Limited, New Zealand - Chorus Limited announced that experienced telecommunications and media executive JB Rousselot will take over as CEO in November 2019. JB previously held senior positions at Telstra and NBN Co. Most recently he was Chief Strategy Officer at NBN. Kate McKenzie will step down from the Chorus Board in November, but will stay on until December in an advisory capacity to ensure a smooth transition to the new CEO. Chorus Limited provides fixed line communications infrastructure services in New Zealand.
- Neways Electronics International N.V., Netherlands - Neways Electronics International has announced that the Supervisory Board intends to appoint Eric Stodel as the new CEO and chairman of the Executive Board of Neways. The most recent position he held was CEO of Marinoffs. Stodel will succeed Huub van der Vrande who, after 16 years at the helm of Neways in consultation has decided to step down. He will remain involved with Neways as SVP. Neways Electronics International N.V. operates as an electronic manufacturing service company that provides integrated electronic components and systems worldwide.
- HTC Corporation, Taiwan - HTC Corporation appointed Yves Maitre as CEO. Yves joins HTC from Orange, where he served as EVP of Consumer Equipment and Partnerships, overseeing Orange's connected technology strategy and business. CEO Cher Wang will continue as Chairwoman of the HTC board, in which she will focus on future technologies that align with HTC's expanding portfolio and vision of VIVE Reality. Wang was appointed as CEO of HTC in 2015.
- Link Mobility Group ASA, Norway - Link Mobility Group ASA has appointed Guillaume Van Gaver as CEO. According to plan Van Gaver succeeds LINK's current and interim CEO, Thomas Berge, who will continue his position as CFO within the company. Van Gaver was recently EVP International for Tele2 based in Amsterdam and is currently Director at i-surance based in Zürich. Link Mobility Group ASA provides B2C mobile messaging services and mobile solutions.
- EVS Broadcast Equipment S.A., Belgium - EVS Broadcast Equipment S.A. appointed Serge Van Herck as new CEO of the company. Serge Van Herck is the former CEO and President of Newtec from 2006 to 2016. He has more than 25 years of management and board experience in the broadcast and satellite communications industry within companies as Proximus, Accenture and Eutelsat. Pierre De Muelenaere, Chairman of the Board of Directors, who has been appointed CEO ad interim of the company since July 2018, will help Serge Van Herck to execute a seamless transition. EVS Broadcast Equipment S.A. provides live video production systems worldwide.
- Catapult Group International Limited, Australia - The Board of Catapult Group International Limited announced the appointment of Mr. Will Lopes as CEO. As the former Chief Revenue Officer of Amazon subsidiary Audible, Mr. Lopes brings world-class technology and growth experience from one of the world's most successful technology businesses. Mr. Lopes will relocate from New York and be based out of Catapult's Boston office. Catapult Group International Limited develops and sells wearable tracking solutions and analytics.
- Xaar Plc, United Kingdom - Xaar plc announced that its CEO Doug Edwards has informed the Board of his wish to leave to explore opportunities back in the USA where his home and family are located. The Board announced that it has appointed John Mills as CEO Designate. John joined Xaar in August 2019 as head of the Printhead Business Unit, and will continue until December 31, 2019 in this role while at the same time preparing for the CEO role. Xaar Plc develops digital inkjet technology.
- Net Insight AB, Sweden - Net Insight AB has appointed Crister Fritzson as CEO. Crister will lead the transformation and expansion of the company. Crister will assume his new position during the first half of 2020. Crister currently holds the positions as CEO of SJ AB and head of the SJ group. He has previously held positions as the CEO and group CEO of Teracom and Boxer TV Access AB. He will replace the current CEO, Henrik Sund, who will leave the company during the fall. Net Insight AB develops products and services for media transport worldwide.
- Powerbridge Technologies, China - Powerbridge Technologies appointed Mr. Stewart Lor as the co-Chairman of the Board, the co-CEO, and the President of the Company. On the same day, Mr. Ban Lor resigned from his position as the President of the Company and will continue with the Company as co-CEO and co-Chairman. Mr. Stewart Lor is the co-founder of the Company and serves on Board and as the Company’s CFO since August 2018. Powerbridge Technologies provides software application and technology solutions and services primarily in China.
- BIMobject AB, Sweden - Carl Silbersky, until October 29, 2019 Senior Vice President of Corporate Development in the company, has been appointed as CEO of BIMobject. Kim Mortensen will leave the company for personal reasons. BIMobject AB operates a cloud based content platform for the construction industry worldwide.
- Adept4 Plc, United Kingdom - Adept4 Plc announced that Andy Mills was appointed to the Board as an Executive Director of the Company and its CEO. He is current chairman of CloudCoCo, the company recently acquired by Adept4 Plc. Adept4 Plc provides IT as a service to small and medium size enterprises in the United Kingdom.
- Gfinity Plc, United Kingdom - Graham Wallace, Global COO, has been promoted to CEO and will be responsible for leading the business on a day-to-day basis and delivering Gfinity's three-year strategic plan. Garry Cook will continue as Executive Chairman with the overall responsibility for strategic direction of the business, identifying new strategic partnerships and relationships with both existing and new investors. Gfinity raised a £5.25M ($6.8M) investment to fund future growth and strengthen commercial capabilities. Gfinity plc provides esports solutions worldwide.
- Mandata Ltd., United Kingdom - Mandata, a provider of integrated software designed to help organisations manage their road transport operations, welcomes well-known north east businessman Chris Rigg as CEO. Taking over from current CEO Mark Norcliffe, who is set to retire next month, Chris will bring extensive experience from multiple business sectors. Most recently he led the development of Quantum Pharma Plc., prior to its sale to Clinigen Plc. Mandata provides software solutions for the transport and logistics industry.
- Logicalis Group Limited, United Kingdom - Logicalis Group Limited has announced that effective 1st March 2020, Mark Rogers will transition from his current CEO role to a Non-Executive Director (NED) role, at which point current COO Robert Bailkoski will succeed Mark. Robert joined the company four years ago as CFO. In these roles, Mark has been extensively involved in M&A transactions and has overseen the integration of acquired businesses into the Logicalis Group, which expanded from a 9-country operation in 2007 to 26 countries. Logicalis Group Limited provides IT solutions and managed services to corporate and public sector customers in the United Kingdom and internationally.
- Medial EarlySign, Israel - EarlySign named Jeremy Orr, MD, MPH, as its new CEO. Dr. Orr, who becomes CEO after serving as EarlySign's Chief Medical Officer for the past year, succeeds company co-founder Ori Geva, who will remain with EarlySign as President and Director of Commercial Strategy. Medial EarlySign develops a healthcare technology for healthcare providers to identify risks for critical threats. It is a leader in machine learning-based solutions to aid in the early detection and prevention of high-burden diseases.
Vell Executive Search Representative Placements
About Vell Executive Search
- Deep tech industry retained search experience
- More dedicated time as consultants have few parallel projects.
- Thorough understanding of your company’s business and culture
- Behavioral interviews and competency scorecards.
- Constant two-way, direct communication and 24 /7 availability.
- Insightful and detailed reference checking
- Broad reach of candidates: no hidden relationships. No off-limits.
- Analytics based search process.
Vell Executive Search Contact