Note: we just heard that the CVS CISO, Jim Routh, just left. We have not been able to find this online and has not been included below.
Geographic Distribution of Open & Closed Tech Roles
In this Edition
- Open Tech Function Roles - North America by Function
- Open Tech Function Roles - Rest of World by Function
- Tech Function Appointments - North America by Function
- Tech Function Appointments - Rest of World by Function
- Vell Executive Search Representative Placements
- About Vell Executive Search
The tech functions we cover in this newsletter are: EVP, Tech and Ops, CIO, CTO, Chief Digital Officer, Chief Product Officer (Product development and engineering), Data Science, Data Chiefs, Data Analytics chiefs (tech data analytics chiefs), Security, Privacy Chiefs, Blockchain chiefs.
Hope you enjoy this newsletter and find it useful. Suggestions and corrections are most welcomed and appreciated.
Thanks again and all the best,
Vell Executive Search is a retained executive search firm that specializes in recruiting technology execs for boards and executive roles, including Board Members, CEOs, Presidents, GMs, CTOs/Chief Digital Officers/VP Engineering, as well as tech executives and board members for the technology industry. Vell has built a reputation for recruiting talented high-performing leadership teams globally. www.vell.com.
Open Technology Roles
Technology & Operations Roles
- MetLife, NY, Mar 2019 - MetLife's EVP, Global Head of Technology and Operations, Martin J. Lippert, has retired. No replacement has been announced yet.
- AT&T, TX, Feb 2019 - Pam Parisian, 60, is retiring from AT&T as President of Technology Development. No replacement has been announced yet.
- USAA, TX, May 2019 - The Fortune 500 diversified financial services company is seeking a VP, CIO to manage a USAA technology portfolio, develop overall strategy for systems development, and direct the IT activities.
- Sears Holdings Corporation, IL, May 2019 - Sears is looking to hire a CIO to oversee the development and implementation of technologies that enhance member experience and the company’s ability to serve members through advanced analytics, simplified real-time processes, and knowledge sharing across the company.
- Georgia Institute of Technology, GA, April 2019 - Georgia Tech announced the resignation of Mark Hoeting as CIO and VP for IT. Jim Fortner, the interim EVP for Administration and Finance, will be working to name new leadership in the near future.
- Ameris Bancorp, GA, Dec 2018 - Joseph B. Kissel, the company’s EVP & CIO, has retired. No successor announced yet.
- Kinsale Capital Group, VA, Nov 2018 - William J. Kenney, Jr. notified Kinsale Capital Group that he will be stepping down from his current role as SVP & CIO, effective July 1, 2019, and transition to a new part-time consulting role managing critical development projects for the Company as well as other endeavors unrelated to the Company.
- Systems Planning and Analysis, VA, Mar 2019 - SPA has an immediate requirement for a CIO to join the team at the company headquarters located in Alexandria, VA. Systems Planning and Analysis (SPA), provides timely and objective analysis and integrated technical, operational, programmatic, policy, and business solutions in support of important national security objectives.
- JMI Laboratories, IA, Mar 2019 - The new CIO will provide leadership and strategic direction for IT development and functions for evolving microbiology laboratory, including creation of architecture roadmaps to align with corporate vision.
- Central Washington University, WA, May 2019 - The university is seeking a CIO/Associate VP of Information Services and Security.
- Woodruff Sawyer, CA, May 2019 - The leading insurance brokerage and consulting firm is looking for a SVP/CIO to help define and deliver IT strategy and capabilities across the enterprise.
- Delaware State University, DE, May 2019 - The university is seeking a CIO to provide technology vision and leadership in the development and implementation of the University’s information technology programs.
- Anne Arundel Health System, MD, May 2019 - The organization is seeking a CMIO, who will be repoting to the CMO with a dotted line to the CIO. He or she will initiates and direct strategic planning for all clinical IT efforts. Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC), a regional health system headquartered in Annapolis, Md., serves an area of more than one million people.
- Washington State Gambling Commission, WA, May 2019 - The commission is seeking a highly skilled and qualified candidate to fill their CIO position.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C., Aug 2018 - Beth Killoran, who served as CIO for HHS for the past two years, will help develop a strategic IT plan for the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, shifting roles. HHS CTO Ed Simcox stands as acting CIO. The move followed other high-level IT staff departures at the health agency this year, including the loss of former CTO Bruce Greenstein, as well as its CISO.
- Federal Communications Commission, Washington, D.C., May 2019 - The commission is seeking a CIO who will be responsible for the overall direction and management of the Commission’s computer and telecommunications systems including information management, development, operations and maintenance support of systems across the Enterprise.
- NASA Ames Research Center, CA, May 2019 - The center is currently seeking interested candidates for the CIO position. The position reports to the Agency CIO and is responsible for ensuring that Center information resources are managed in compliance with Federal and Agency policies and procedures.
Chief Technology Officers (Non Tech Vendor Product/ CIO/IT)
- McKesson Corporation, CA, April 2019 - Kathy McElligott, EVP, CIO and CTO, will also retire after a venerated career with McKesson, Emerson and General Electric. McElligott will stay on with McKesson until her successor has been named to ensure a smooth transition; the company will conduct an internal and external executive search.
- AutoNation, FL, Jan 2019 - EVP and CTO, Tom Conophy, left the Company amid restructuring. The restructuring comes as analysts forecast a dip in U.S. vehicle sales this year. New vehicle sales in the United States are expected to drop as higher interest rates and rising prices could prompt customers to hold off their car-buying plans, the National Automobile Dealers Association said. AutoNation, through its subsidiaries, operates as an automotive retailer in the United States.
- Leidos, VA, May 2019 - The Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a Group CTO, located in Reston, VA.
- TTEC Holdings, CO, April 2019 - TTEC Holdings announced that Anthony Y. Tsai, EVP, Chief Technology and Innovation Officer for TTEC Holdings, resigned from his position. TTEC Holdings designs and provides customer experience solutions.
- U.S. Auto Parts Network, CA, Jan 2019 - U.S. Auto Parts Network announced that Roger Hoffmann, the company’s CTO, resigned from the company. Sanjiv Gomes serves as interim CTO from January 2019. U.S. Auto Parts Network operates as an online provider of aftermarket auto parts and accessories primarily in the United States and the Philippines.
Chief Technology Officers - Tech Products/ Tech Strategy
- Walmart, AR, April 2019 - Walmart’s CTO, Jeremy King, has moved on to the role of Head of Engineering at Pinterest after eight years with the company. Fiona Tan, SVP of customer technology for Walmart Labs, will take an “elevated role” as liaison for technology and Walmart U.S. and U.S. eCommerce leadership while the company searches for someone to fill King’s shoes.
- eBay, CA, May 2019 - eBay announced that Steve Fisher, Senior Vice President and CTO is stepping down to focus on health issues that his family is facing.
- Shutterstock, NY, Mar 2019 - Martin Brodbeck, CTO of Shutterstock, notified the company of his decision to resign from his position. The Company has commenced a search for a CTO to succeed Mr. Brodbeck. Shutterstock is a photography, stock footage, stock music, and editing tools provider.
- Conformis, MA, Sep 2018 - Daniel Steines, M.D, M.S., CTO, of Conformis, announced his resignation from the company.
- I.D. Systems, NJ, Mar 2019 - I.D. Systems announced that Michael Ehrman resigned from his position as CTO of the company. Mr. Ehrman has agreed to serve as a consultant to the company for the next six months (which term may be extended by mutual agreement of the company and Mr. Ehrman) to ensure a successful transition. I.D. Systems produces wireless asset management systems.
- FISION Corporation, MN, Jun 2018 - Effective Jun 15, 2018, Wade Anderson resigned as CTO (as well as Chief Product Officer). The Company develops proprietary cloud-based software solutions to automate the marketing functions and activities of its customers.
- Globalive Technology, ON, Canada, April 2019 - Globalive Technology announced that CTO Bhavin Shah has departed from the company to pursue other opportunities. Globalive Technology develops blockchain and artificial intelligence technologies, with the goal of commercializing artificial intelligence and blockchain.
Data & Analytics Chiefs
- Zoom Information, MA, Jan 2019 - In second quarter of this year, the team will be augmented with the addition of a chief data officer (CDO). Zoom Information develops business-to-business (B2B) data and business information solutions for customers in sales, marketing, recruiting, or other businesses.
- Nucor Corporation, NC, April 2019 - Nucor Corporation announced that Chief Digital Officer and EVP, R. Joseph Stratman, plans to retire in June 2019 after more than 29 years of service with the company. Nucor Corporation manufactures and sells steel and steel products in the United States and internationally.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, MA, May 2019 - Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is looking for a Chief Digital Officer & Vice President - Financial Support Office (FSO). Reporting to the FSO’s CIO, the CDO will establishe and execute the strategic digital roadmap and oversee application development and technology operations for the function to advance the System’s Financial Management strategy and direction.
- Tilly's, CA, Apr 2019 - Jon Kubo, Chief Digital Officer, notified retail clothing company Tilly's of his intent to resign from his current role with the Company, to pursue other opportunities.
- WSFS Bank, DE, Jan 2019 - WSFS Bank is currently seeking a Chief Digital Officer. The Chief Digital Officer will report to the Bank’s CTO and is responsible for planning, managing, directing, developing and implementing complex business initiatives within the organization related to the Bank’s Delivery Transformation initiative and related work streams.
- East West Bank, CA, Mar 2019 - The company has an open CISO role. The CISO will be responsible for overseeing Enterprise operations of the banks security solutions and compliance. Headquartered in California, East West Bank is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets.
- Zoom Information, MA, Jan 2019 - In second quarter of this year, the CIO (appointed in January 2019) will be joined by a new chief information security officer (CISO). The CISO role is open. Zoom Information develops business-to-business (B2B) data and business information solutions for customers in sales, marketing, recruiting, or other businesses.
- Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts - Department of Technology Services, Washington, D.C., May 2019 - The incumbent CISO will serve as the Chief of the IT Security Office (ITSO) within the Department of Technology Services (DTS) and as the Judiciary's CISO.
- U.S. Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS), VA, May 2019 - Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS) is looking for a CISO. He or she will serve as Branch Head of the Enterprise Information Technology (IT) Security Office, CISO, and Manager of Cybersecurity & Compliance.
Rest of the World
Open Tech Chief Roles
- United Nations Office of Counter-Terrorism, Austria, May 2019 – The Chief, Senior Information Systems Officer position is located within the United Nations Office of Counter-Terrorism, Special Projects and Innovation Division, Countering Terrorist Travel Section, Vienna API/PNR Team. The incumbent reports to the API/PNR Project Manager. This position will support the API/PNR project led by the United Nations Office of Counter-Terrorism (UNOCT).
- Kingfisher plc, United Kingdom, Mar 2019 - Steve Willett, Chief Transformation, Digital & IT Officer, has decided to retire after nearly 20 years with the business. As a result of Steve’s retirement, a new role of Chief Digital and Customer Officer has been created, which will be part of Kingfisher’s Group Executive team. Recruitment for this role is well underway and it is expected that an appointment will be announced in the near future. Steve will oversee a full handover of his responsibilities.
Telenet Group Holding NV, Belgium - Sam Lloyd, Telenet's CIO, will leave the Company at the end of July 2019 after three and a half years of service. She will take on the role of Chief Data and Information Officer at a FTSE100 company based in the UK. Telenet will not refill the position, but will integrate the current IT and Technology & Innovation teams into one single team.
Tech Chief Appointments in North America
- Prudential Financial, NJ - Prudential Financial appointed Stacey Goodman as EVP/CIO. She joins Prudential from Freddie Mac, where she served as CIO leading all enterprise technology initiatives.
- Subway Restaurants, CT - Subway Restaurants announced that Mike Macrie has joined the company as SVP & CIO overseeing the company’s technology initiatives. He is former SVP & CIO for Land O’ Lakes.
- Manulife Financial Corporation, ON,Canada - Manulife Financial Corporation appointed Shamus Edward Weiland as CIO. He replaces Gregory Allen Framke who continues as EVP. Weiland is former Managing Director, Head of North America Consumer Technology of Citigroup.
- Cintas Corporation, OH - Cintas Corp. reported it is promoting Matt Hough to VP and CIO. Hough will assume leadership for Cintas' entire IT operational infrastructure, reporting directly to Mike Thompson, EVP and Chief Administrative Officer (CAO). Hough joined Cintas in 2013 as Director of Applications and in 2016 was promoted to Senior Director of IT.
- Axalta Coating Systems, PA - Axalta Coating Systems Ltd. announced that Ashish Jawadiwar has been promoted to Chief Information & Digital Officer. He will report directly to the company's CEO, Robert Bryant. He joined the company as Director, IT – Americas CIO in August 2018. Axalta Coating Systems manufactures, markets, and distributes high performance coatings systems.
- CNO Financial Group, IN - CNO Financial appointed Patrick Bogan to VP, IT strategy and operational excellence. Bogan has served as an IT consultant to CNO since June 2018 and will report directly to Mike Mead, SVP and CIO. Prior to joining CNO, Bogan held various consultant positions and served as CIO at both Worley Claims Services and Fuzion Analytics. CNO Financial Group, develops, markets, and administers health insurance, annuity, individual life insurance, and other insurance products for senior and middle-income markets in the United States.
- Allegheny Technologies, PA - Timothy J. Harris will join ATI as SVP, Chief Digital and Information Officer. Harris will be developing and deploying a technology strategy to support the company's growth in the future. He will report directly to Robert S. Wetherbee, ATI's President and CEO. As CIO at Andeavor, Harris enabled a comprehensive digital strategy to automate and optimize Andeavor's business, including leading an ERP transformation and integrating the company's largest acquisition. Allegheny Technologies manufactures and sells specialty materials and components worldwide.
- Deciphera Pharmaceuticals, MA - Stephen Aschettino named VP, CIO for Deciphera Pharmaceuticals. Previously, Aschettino was CIO and chief privacy officer for Sarepta Therapeutics, where he led the company’s global IT strategy and infrastructure builds to coincide with the incredibly successful launch of the firm’s first therapy.
- Americold Realty Trust, GA - Americold Realty Trust appointed Sanjay Lall as EVP & CIO, responsible for global IT. Lall brings nearly 20 years of executive-level technology leadership experience to Americold, having previously served in senior roles as CIO at Interface Inc., Tyco/SimplexGrinnell, STERIS Corporation and Suntory Water Group. Americold is the world’s largest owner and operator of temperature-controlled warehouses.
- Hibbett Sports, AL - Ron Blahnik, VP and CIO, was promoted to SVP role. Blahnik joined the Company in November 2016 as VP and CIO. Hibbett Sports engages in the retail of athletic-inspired fashion products through its stores.
- Shenandoah Telecommunications (Shentel), VA - Elaine M. Cheng has joined as VP and CIO. For the past eight years, she has served as CIO & Managing Director, Global Strategic Design, for CFA Institute in Charlottesville, VA. Shenandoah Telecommunications Company provides wireless, cable, and wireline telecommunications services to customers and other telecommunications providers.
- Altar’d State, TN - Ty Tastepe named SVP, chief information and digital officer for Altar’d State. He joins Altar'd State from Universal Parks and Resorts where he was SVP of global solutions delivery.
- Aphria, ON,Canada - Aphria announced Tim Purdie as Chief Information Officer & Chief Information Security Officer. Aphria produces and sells medical cannabis in Canada and internationally.
- LCS Holdings, IA - LCS announced that Frank Vedder joined the company as SVP, CIO. Vedder spent 16 years of his career with Berkley Technology Services (BTS), a central technology provider for the global Fortune 500 insurance entity WR Berkley Corporation. Vedder has 22 years of experience in the IT sector. Most recently, he led technology strategy for BTS where he partnered with the WR Berkley companies to support creating 30 plus autonomous business units. LCS Holdings develops, markets, and manages senior living communities.
- AmeriCold Logistics, GA - Americold reported that Sanjay Lall has joined the Company as EVP & CIO. Lall brings nearly 20 years of executive-level technology leadership experience to Americold, having previously served in senior roles as CIO at Interface Inc., Tyco/SimplexGrinnell, STERIS Corp. and Suntory Water Group. AmeriCold Logistics provides temperature-controlled warehousing and logistics services.
- Uwharrie Capital Corp., NC - Jason Andrew, SVP/eBanking at Uwharrie, will assume a new position in the holding company as EVP/CIO. He also served as SVP, Enterprise Apps & eCommerce. Uwharrie Capital Corp operates as the bank holding company for Uwharrie Bank that provides commercial and consumer banking services to individuals and small to medium-sized businesses in North Carolina.
- Medecision, PA - Medecision appointed Brett Lansing as new SVP & CIO. Before joining Medecision, he served as VP IT Infrastructure and Operations for a large healthcare technology, analytics and engagement solutions provider. Medecision provides population health management solutions for risk-bearing healthcare organizations.
Chief Technology Officers (Non Tech Vendor Product/ CIO/IT)
- MarketAxess Holdings, NY - MarketAxess Holdings appointed Michael Baker as CTO. In his role, he will have global responsibility for all software development, which will include strategy, architecture, development and deployment of the company's trading system, with a particular focus on the company’s next generation technology solutions. He will report to Nick Themelis, CIO. He joins the company from Fidelity Investments, where he served as the Head of Enterprise Cloud Computing. MarketAxess Holdings operates an electronic trading platform that enables fixed-income market participants to trade corporate bonds and other types of fixed-income instruments worldwide.
- Inspired Entertainment, NY - Inspired Entertainment has named Steve Beason as its new Group CTO. Beason, who recently served as an independent consultant for Inspired since 2018, has accepted the position to lead Inspired's technology efforts driving the overall hardware, software and content development. Beason joins Inspired after more than 10 years at Scientific Games, where he most recently served as Enterprise CTO from 2011 until 2016. Inspired Entertainment, a business-to-business gaming technology company, supplies virtual sports and server based gaming worldwide.
Chief Technology Officers - Tech Products/ Tech Strategy
- Xerox Corporation, CT - Xerox appointed Naresh Shanker as SVP, CTO. He will report to John Visentin, vice chairman and CEO. Shanker, who joined Xerox in January, will succeed Steve Hoover and will be responsible for research and product development and an increasingly digital IT operation. Prior to joining Xerox, Shanker was CIO of HP Inc.
- JetBlue Airways, NY - JetBlue Airways Corp. announced the promotion of Michael Stromer to Chief Product Officer, Technology. In this role, Mr. Stromer will be responsible for strategy and product oversight across all of the airline’s digital and IT products that are key to driving efficiency and cost savings in the airline’s operations. Mr. Stromer will report to Eash Sundaram, the airline’s EVP and Chief Digital & Technology Officer. His former role was that of VP Technology & Digital Products, IT.
- Analog Devices, MA - Analog Devices announced that Daniel Leibholz, VP of its Communications Business Unit, has been named CTO to lead technology strategy for applications across the company’s end markets. Earlier he also served as VP, Processors and Digital Signal Processing Products and Technology Group. He joined ADI in 2008 as Engineering Director and is well-known CPU architect with several patents."
- CDK Global, IL - CDK Global announced that Mahesh Shah has joined the company as EVP, chief product and technology officer. Mahesh will accelerate innovation, research and development, and building and testing for product portfolio. Mahesh joins CDK from DXC Technology, where he most recently served as SVP and general manager of applications and global business process services. CDK Global provides software and technology solutions for automotive retailers in the United States and internationally.
- NIC, KS - NIC Inc. announced that it has hired Brian Anderson as the Company’s CTO. He will report to the CEO. Prior to joining NIC, Mr. Anderson served as the CTO of Lexmark, developing and implementing the organization’s product strategy, as well as leading the company’s Research and Development initiatives. NIC provides digital government services that enable governments to use technology to provide various services to businesses.
- Fluent, NY - Fluent named Dan Hall as its CTO to help the Company continue to scale its business. Hall brings to the role more than 20 years of experience in marketing technology and analytics after most recently serving as CTO of Infogroup, a leading provider of data and marketing solutions. Fluent provides data-driven digital marketing services primarily in the United States.
- MedMen Enterprises, CA - MedMen Enterprises announced appointment of Ryan Lissack as CTO. Mr. Lissack is a seasoned technology executive with over 20 years of experience. MedMen Enterprises operates as a cannabis company in the United States.
- ShiftPixy, CA - ShiftPixy promoted Doug Moss to CTO. Mr. Moss originally joined ShiftPixy as Senior Director of Development, bringing with him more than 20 years of industry experience including web and mobile customer expertise, developed during a dynamic and successful career at companies such as Levy Restaurants, Pacific Life, The Los Angeles Galaxy and his own consulting firm, Evergreen Experience. Since joining ShiftPixy in 2018, he has overseen platform development and multiple product teams as they have quickly worked to deliver a world-class, customer-focused solution. ShiftPixy provides employment services for businesses; and workers in shift or other part-time/temporary positions in the United States.
- Cofense, VA - Cofense named Keith Ibarguen as first Chief Product Officer. Ibarguen most recently served as the Chief Engineer for the Law Enforcement and Domestic Security Division at the MITRE Corporation. Cofense develops anti-phishing threat management solutions against phishing, malware, and drive-by attacks.
- IZEA Worldwide, FL - IZEA Worldwide, operator of IZEAx®, the premier online marketplace connecting brands and publishers with influential content creators, named Chris Staymates as CTO. Staymates joined IZEA in 2015 as VP of Engineering and was tasked with revamping the underlying architecture of IZEAx to provide the foundation for an enterprise-class influencer marketing platform. IZEA Worldwide creates and operates online marketplaces that connect marketers and content creators.
- MoSys, CA - MoSys announced that Michael Miller has been appointed as its CTO. Miller has served as the company's VP of technology innovation and system applications since 2010, and holds over 45 patents, including the initial patent defining the industry-standard JTAG interface. MoSys operates as a semiconductor company in North America, Japan, Taiwan, and internationally.
- Medici Ventures, UT - Medici Ventures announces Jeremy Smith to the role of CTO. Mr. Smith joined Medici Ventures in 2018 and focused on coaching development teams on delivering blockchain-related software and formerly served as a development manager for Medici Ventures. Medici Ventures is an accelerator and principal investment arm of Overstock.com specializing in investments in blockchain technologies.
- Hu-manity Rights, NJ - Hu-manity.co appointed Matt Sinderbrand, CEO and co-founder of Betterpath as SVP, Chief Product Officer as well as a member of the Board of Directors as part of the acquisition of Betterpath. Hu-manity Rights develops human rights and corollary sovereign laws in a decentralized manner.
- BNY Mellon, NY - BNY Mellon announced that it has appointed Subhankar Sinha as Head of Blockchain, who will be the latest addition to the firm's growing Digital team. Sinha joins BNY Mellon from Nabartham LLC, which he founded to advise other startups on strategic partnerships, ecosystem governance and product-market fit for blockchain products. Prior to launching Nabartham, Sinha was a Director at PwC where he co-founded and co-led that firm's blockchain consulting practice in the US. Prior to joining BNY Mellon, Sinha's recent focus had been on the impact of blockchain and tokenization on lending and securitization.
- U.S. Bancorp, MN - U.S. Bank announced that the company has hired veteran digital leader and innovator, Derek White, as chief digital officer responsible for leading the company’s newly combined digital team. White will report to U.S. Bank chairman, president and CEO Andy Cecere and be a member of the company’s Managing Committee. White was most recently global head of client solutions with BBVA in Spain. In that role he led a team of nearly 10,000 people focused on concepting, designing, creating and launching digital and innovation work – from products and services to data science units and venture creation.
- Axalta Coating Systems, PA - Axalta Coating Systems Ltd. announced that Ashish Jawadiwar has been promoted to Chief Information & Digital Officer. He will report directly to the company's CEO, Robert Bryant. He will focus on driving innovative new IT processes and leveraging world-class digital solutions that will enable the company's customers, suppliers, and employees to be more efficient, productive, and connected. He joined the company as Director, IT – Americas CIO in August 2018. Axalta Coating Systems manufactures, markets, and distributes high performance coatings systems.
- Citigroup, NY - Citigroup has announced that it has hired Murli Buluswar as head of analytics and information management for US consumer banking. The role is a newly created one and Buluswar is to oversee data-based decision-making in products, marketing, digital operations and customer experience. He is a former Senior Advisor at The Boston Consulting Group developing 'Analytics as a Service' technology products for insurance carriers powered by machine learning.
- Alteryx, CA - Alteryx announced that Alan Jacobson, former director of global analytics at Ford Motor Company and longtime Alteryx user, has appointed as Chief Data and Analytics Officer (CDAO). As CDAO, Jacobson will lead the company's data initiatives and help customers around the globe implement and execute successful digital transformation strategies. Alteryx operates a self-service data analytics software platform that enables organizations to enhance business outcomes and the productivity of their business analysts, data scientists, and citizen data scientists worldwide.
- Cox Automotive, GA - Cox Automotive named Mark Luber to the newly-created role of chief data officer, reporting to Chief Product Officer Marianne Johnson. In this role, Luber will lead the Cox Automotive Data Solutions team and will work across Cox Automotive to unleash the power of its data assets. Most recently, Luber served as SVP of global product and analytics for the company. Cox Automotive provides digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale, and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers, and the automotive ecosystem worldwide.
- Neustar, VA - Neustar appointed Gregg Galletta as VP of data strategy. Galletta will lead the overall data strategy which fuels company’s identity resolution solutions, including the OneID platform. He will report to company’s SVP, chief data and analytics officer, Venkat Achanta. Galletta is a veteran of digital marketing, having spent over twenty years working at the forefront of the industry across such areas as e-commerce, digital media advertising and data driven marketing. Previously, he was President of ALC Digital where he focused on driving the convergence of traditional direct marketing and digital marketing. Neustar is a global information services provider which offers real-time information services worldwide.
Security Chiefs/ CISOs
- DXC Technology, VA - Jimmie Owens has been named CISO at DXC. He is former CISO of Paychex.
- Regions Bank, AL - Regions Bank announced it has hired Lee Byrd as Head of Fraud. In this newly created role, Byrd will focus on protecting customers and the company from financial fraud. Byrd will report to Logan Pichel, Head of Enterprise Operations. Byrd joins Regions from BBVA Compass where he was Director of Fraud and Physical Security. During his 20-year tenure, he also served as Chief Security Officer and Director of IT. Prior to this, Byrd held a variety of roles in IT and business. Regions Bank provides personal, small business, commercial banking, and wealth management services.
- 8x8, CA - 8x8 appointed Michael Armer as VP and Chief Information Security Officer. Armer brings over 20 years of cybersecurity and IT leadership experience to 8x8 in the areas of data privacy, intellectual property protection, risk management and corporate cyber governance. He was most recently VP and CISO at Barrick Gold Corporation and prior to that served as the head of information security for Lam Research Corporation. 8x8 provides enterprise cloud communications and customer engagement solutions for small and mid-size businesses, mid-market, and distributed enterprises worldwide.
- The MITRE Corporation, MA - MITRE announced Charles Clancy as VP for intelligence programs. Clancy is currently the executive director of the Hume Center for National Security at Virginia Tech and started his career leading research programs at the National Security Agency. He is an internationally recognized expert in wireless security, including 5G, artificial intelligence, and machine learning, and has led ground-breaking programs in spectrum security and cryptographic authentication. Clancy is also an entrepreneur and innovator. The MITRE Corporation, a not-for-profit organization, provides systems engineering, research and development, and information technology support to the government in the United States.
- Rubrik, CA - Rubrik named Rinki Sethi as VP & CISO. Sethi will be responsible for leading efforts to protect Rubrik's information and technology assets and will advise on the company's continued product innovations in the security space. She is former VP, Information Security of IBM. Sethi will report directly to Rubrik CIO Avon Puri. Rubrik develops and offers a converged data management system and platform with hardware that offers backup and recovery-related functionality.
Rest of the World
Tech Chief Appointments
- The British United Provident Association, United Kingdom - Bupa has announced that Mark Glenn will be joining Bupa as its CIO. Mark joins from Barclays, where he has held a variety of senior technology roles over the past thirteen years. In his most recent role, Mark was responsible for the successful delivery of Barclays UK's technology change portfolio.
- First Philippine Holdings Corporation, Philippines - First Philippine Holdings Corporation reported the appointment of Ferdinand B. Poblete as VP & CIO. He is former CIO of Energy Development Corporation of Philippines. First Philippine Holdings Corporation engages in the power generation, real estate development, manufacturing, construction service, and other businesses in the Philippines.
- Caesarstone, Israel - Caesarstone announced Ms. Suzie Roth as the new CIO. Roth has over two decades of experience in IT in global companies such as Intel, Kodak, and Amdocs. Immediately prior to joining Caesarstone, she held the Head of Global Business Application position at Netafim. Caesarstone manufactures and sells engineered quartz surfaces under the Caesarstone brand.
- Security Bank Corporation, Philippines - Security Bank Corporation elected Anton Khlon as SVP/CIO. He joins from VPBank Finance Company Limited in Vietnam. Security Bank Corporation provides banking and financial products and services to wholesale and retail clients in the Philippines.
- Dods Group plc, United Kingdom - Dods Group Plc announced that Mr. Mike Hughes has been appointed to the position of CIO of the company. He held a range of roles that span IT infrastructure delivery, programme management, data & business insight, agile methodologies, and product and service design, successfully delivering transformative strategies on a global scale for HSBC, 7.io Inc., Orange, Sky and Thomas Cook Group, among others. Dods Group plc, a publishing company, engages in the provision of information and insights into the political and public policy environments primarily in the United Kingdom, Belgium, and France.
- Esports Entertainment Group, Malta - Esports Entertainment Group named John Brackens as CIO. During his time at Activision Blizzard, Mr. Brackens served as Manager of Network Operations, where he directed IT service management and hardware support for 4,500+ servers and 50+ million monthly active players. Esports Entertainment Group operates as an online gambling company.
Chief Technology Officers (Non Tech Vendor Product/ CIO/IT)
- Tencent Music Entertainment Group, China - Tencent Music has named Mr. Zhenyu Xie, co-president and Company board member, as CTO, reporting to CEO Cussion Kar ShunPang. Tencent Music Entertainment Group operates online music entertainment platforms that provides music streaming, online karaoke, and live streaming services in China.
Chief Technology Officers - Tech Products/Tech Strategy
- Vipshop Holdings Limited, China - Vipshop Holdings Limited announced that Dr. Bill Huang has tendered his resignation as CTO of the company due to personal reasons, and that Mr. Daniel Kao has been appointed as the new CTO. Kao has over 20 years of experience with leading e-commerce and internet companies in the United States and China, and he served as the CTO of the company from June 2012 to October 2016. Vipshop Holdings operates as an online discount retailer for various brands in China.
- Atos SE, France - Atos announced the company has named Peter Cutts as Chief Digital Transformation Officer for Atos North American operations. He has spent the better part of his career focused on transformational and entrepreneurial change within the Dell Technologies family and their customer base. Cutts focused on assisting both the internal transformation of the Dell Technology portfolio, as well as helping large enterprise customers on their IT and digital transformational journeys.
- Erste Group Bank, Austria - Ara Abrahamyan will serve as Chief Digital Transformation Officer (CDTO). Abrahamyan has been responsible for Erste Group's overall IT strategy, as well as its IT portfolio management and investment governance, since 2017 in his role as Head of Group Architecture and Portfolio Management.
- Pelangi Publishing Group, Malaysia - PPG named Devashish Saxena as VP and chief digital officer. Most recently, Saxena led digital strategy as vice president, global digital business and e-commerce at Rexel, a France-based multi-channel distributor of electrical supplies. The company is engaged in the publication and distribution of books and educational materials in Malaysia.
Data Science/Machine Learning
- Netcore Solutions, India - Netcore Solutions has acquired Quinto.ai. Quinto's co-founder Hrishikesh Rajpathak also joins Netcore as Chief Data Scientist and will lead its Machine Learning and Conversation Analytics initiatives. Hrishikesh comes with over 12 years of experience in Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing(NLP) technologies. He has worked with multiple international clients in life sciences and BFSI domain as an AI consultant. He co-founded Quinto 4 years back as a food recommendation platform which later pivoted to a conversational AI platform. Netcore, a global Marketing Technology Company that offers solutions for enterprises that redefine Digital Marketing.
Recent Vell Placements
For Specific bios and announcements, please refer to our Website - www.vell.com
Carbonite (CARB), Online Backup for SMB (SaaS) - Board Members (2)
CEOs/ Presidents/ GMs
CTOs/ Engineering/ CIOs/CISOs
About Vell Executive Search
- Deep tech industry retained search experience
- More dedicated time as consultants have few parallel projects.
- Thorough understanding of your company’s business and culture
- Behavioral interviews and competency scorecards.
- Constant two-way, direct communication and 24 /7 availability.
- Insightful and detailed reference checking
- Broad reach of candidates: no hidden relationships. No off-limits.
- Analytics based search process.
Boston, MA 02110