Geographic Distribution of Open Tech CEO Roles & Appointments
Reasons for CEO departures of Note
- Everbridge founder and CEO Jaime Ellertson will transition in July 2019.
- FARO Technologies: Michael D. Burger succeeds Dr. Simon Raab, 65, who decided to retire after 36 years of service.
- Spirent Communications: Eric Updyke replaces Eric Hutchison, 63, who has decided to retire.
- Enea AB: Anders Lidbeck resigns as CEO and will continue as chairman of the board.
- Cyren: Brett Jackson replaces Lior Samuelson as CEO, who will continue to serve as Chairman.
- Unit4: Mike Ettling replaces Stephan Sieber who remains to assist in the transition.
M&A / Spin-offs
- Renesas Electronics Corporation closed the acquisition of chipmaker Integrated Device Technology (IDT) in a $6.7B deal. Dr. Sailesh Chittipeddi, IDT’s current EVP, Global Operations and CTO, named President and CEO of IDT and EVP of Renesas.
- SDC Capital Partners acquired a majority interest in SummitIG making Chief Commercial Officer being elevated to the role of CEO succeeding Bill Cook.
- Boston-based private equity firm M/C Partners acquired Connectivity Wireless Solutions to consolidate it with Neutral Connect Networks, making former president of C Spire Stephen Bye take over as new CEO.
- The board of NetComm Wireless has recommended shareholders back a scheme that will see the Australian networking equipment supplier become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Casa Systems. CTO Steve Collins has been appointed Interim CEO. Though CEO Ken Sheridan has stepped aside announcing family health issues, continuing on the board.
- Movius Interactive closed on $45 million in new Series D funding in March and named John Loiacono as CEO.
Disappointing Results: PAR Technology, Stratasys, Marchex, Blue Apron
Personal Reasons: Digital Asset Holdings, TiVo, Lantronix, Photon Control
Long term open roles: Marchex has been without a CEO since October 2016. The call analytics and call tracking company has had an “office of the CEO”.
Sudden resignations: Stratasys, TiVo Corp, Telit Communications (after a shareholder revolt), SeaChange International (disagreement on board composition), Mach7 (restructuring), SharedLabs (financial misconduct allegations).
5 Newly Opened Roles - Geographic Distribution
- North America Newly Opened Tech CEO Roles (5): Coherent (CA); Pivot Technology Solutions (Smart-Edge.com), (ON, Canada); GlobalSCAPE (TX); Cascadia Blockchain Group (BC, Canada); BMC Software (TX).
For all 27Open Tech CEO Roles & All Appointments
Most active states/countries for Open Tech CEO Roles: West Coast
- 7 of the 20 of the open roles in North America are in the West Pacific area, with 4 open roles being in California and 3 in Washington.
The most active states/countries for Incoming CEOs: South Atlantic
- 6 out of the 24 appointments in North America are in the South Atlantic area.
Appointments: There was 1 woman CEO appointed (North America) and 28 men.
There are six net new women:
- Men replacing Women: 1
- Women replacing Men: 1
- Men replacing Men: 27
- Women replacing Women: None
- Men not replaced by anyone yet: 25
- Women not replaced by anyone yet: 2
62% of men CEOs got hired externally
- 100% of women appointed were external appointment (1 female CEO appointed).
- 38% of the men appointed were “internal”, i.e. promotions or from the existing board.
Sources of CEO Appointments
19 out of 29 CEOs appointed were sourced externally (66%)
Out of 19 externally appointed CEOs – 1 was a woman (5%)
Hope you enjoy this newsletter and find it useful. Suggestions and corrections are most welcome and appreciated.
Thanks again and all the best,
Vell Executive Search is a retained executive search firm that specializes in recruiting technology execs for boards and executive roles, including Board Members, CEOs, Presidents, GMs, CTOs/Chief Digital Officers/VP Engineering, SVP Sales, Chief Revenue Officers, CMOs, and CFOs. Vell has built a reputation for recruiting talented high-performing leadership teams globally. www.vell.com.
In this Edition
Open Tech CEO Roles: United States, Canada, EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America
New Tech CEO Appointments: United States, Canada, EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America
Vell Executive Search Representative Placements: Board, CEOs, GMs, CTOs, CFOs, SVP Sales, SVP, Marketing, CIOs, Chief Digital Officers
About Vell Executive Search
Open Tech CEO Roles
Open Tech CEO Roles - United States
- Northeast & Mid Atlantic: Eastman Kodak Company, NY; Everbridge, MA, Mach7 Technologies, VT.
- Midwest: Stratasys, MN.
- South Central: GlobalSCAPE, TX, BMC Software, TX.
- West Pacific: Itron, WA; Coherent, CA; Synaptics, CA; TiVo Corporation, CA; Marchex, WA; Kymeta Corporation, WA; Digital Locations, CA.
Northeast Open Tech CEO Roles
- Eastman Kodak Company, NY, Feb 2019 - The Board of Directors of Eastman Kodak Company appointed Chairman Jim Continenza as the company's new Executive Chairman. Jeffrey J. Clarke, 57, stepped down after nearly five years as CEO. No new CEO has been named yet, and no announcement from the company on the CEO search. Clarke's seat on the Board will be filled by Phillippe D. Katz, newly appointed Director of Kodak.
- Everbridge, MA, Jun 2018 - Everbridge announced that long-time Chairman and CEO Jaime Ellertson will transition to executive chairman in mid to late 2019. Critical event management and enterprise safety software applications.
- Mach7 Technologies Limited, VT, Mar 2019 - Mach7 Technologies announced that Mike Jackman, Mach7's CEO, will depart the Company with immediate effect and plans to remain an investor in Mach7. The Board has appointed COO, Mike Lampron, as interim CEO. With over 20 years of experience in business and operational management for Healthcare IT companies, Mike Lampron brings broad experience ranging from private start-up as well as long established companies such as IBM and GE. Mach7 Technologies provides enterprise imaging data sharing, storage, and interoperability solutions for healthcare enterprises worldwide.
Midwest Open Tech CEO Roles
- Stratasys, MN, May 2018 - Ilan Levin has decided to step down from his positions as CEO and Director of the 3D printer and additive manufacturing company, after less than two years on the job. Elchanan (Elan) Jaglom, the company’s current Chairman of the Board, will serve as CEO until a successor is appointed. The company is conducting a CEO Search. 3D printers and 3D production systems for office-based rapid prototyping and direct manufacturing solution.
South Central Open CEO Roles
- GlobalSCAPE, TX, Apr 2019 - GlobalSCAPE announced, with deep sadness, the unexpected demise of its President and CEO, Matthew C. Goulet. The board has named Chairman Robert Alpert as Interim CEO while the search for a permanent replacement begins. GlobalSCAPE develops and distributes software, delivers managed and hosted solutions, and provides associated services for secure information exchange, and data transfer and sharing for enterprises and consumers worldwide.
- BMC Software, TX, Apr 2019 - BMC Software announced that Bob Beauchamp, the company's previous chairman and CEO, has returned to serve as interim president and CEO. He will return while the company conducts a search for its more permanent CEO. Beauchamp succeeds Peter Leav, who has led BMC as CEO since 2016, including through the recent successful acquisition by KKR. Leav is stepping down to take a planned career break. KKR completed its purchase of BMC Software in October 2018, acquiring the Houston company for an undisclosed amount from a private investor group. BMC Software develops software that provides system and service management solutions for enterprises.
West Pacific Open Tech CEO Roles
- Itron, WA, Jan 2019 - Itron announced that Philip Mezey, 58, the Company’s President and CEO and a member of the Board of Directors, has informed the Board of his intention to retire from his positions. By mutual agreement with the Board, Mr. Mezey will continue to lead the Company until a successor is appointed. Itron, a technology company, provides end-to-end solutions that measures, manages, and analyzes energy and water use worldwide.
- Coherent, CA, Apr 2019 - Coherent announced that President and Chief Executive Officer John Ambroseo have entered into a transition and retirement agreement, pursuant to which he will step down from his roles no later than April 2021. The Governance and Nominating Committee of the Board will lead a global search for Mr. Ambroseo's successor. Coherent provides lasers, laser-based technologies, and laser-based system solutions for a range of scientific, commercial, and industrial applications.
- Synaptics Incorporated, CA, Mar 2019 - Synaptics announced the departure of Richard Bergman as CEO. The company’s Board of Directors has appointed Alex Wong, it’s SVP of Worldwide Operations, as interim principal executive officer of the company. The Board has commenced a comprehensive search and evaluation process to select a new CEO. Synaptics develops intuitive human interface solutions for electronic devices and products worldwide.
- TiVo Corporation, CA, Jul 2018 - TiVo Corporation announced that its board member Raghavendra Rau has been named as interim President and CEO. The appointment follows Enrique Rodriguez's personal decision to resign from his role as its President, CEO and a member of the Board, after less than a year in the role, to assume CTO role at Liberty Global in Europe.
- Marchex, WA, Oct 2016 - Pete Christothoulou resigned as CEO in October 2016. An office of the Chairman and CEO for the call analytics and call tracking company is still in place as of May 2nd, 2019.
- Kymeta Corporation, WA, Oct 2018 - Kymeta announced that CEO Dr. Nathan Kundtz will leave his current role and will continue in an advisory role to the company going forward. Marc Stolzman, Kymeta’s President and CFO will guide the company’s day-to-day operations in the interim while searching for its next CEO. Kymeta makes connectivity as simple and available as a view of the sky. Satellites provide a global network of available high-throughput bandwidth.
- Digital Locations, CA, Jun 2018 - Gerard F. Hug, CEO and a director of Digital Locations, resigned from his positions as the Company’s CEO and member of the board. William E. Beifuss, Jr., the company’s President and Acting CFO was appointed to serve as Interim CEO of the company. Digital Locations is developing an artificial intelligence (AI) platform to create highly personalized digital content and experiences for each and every person connected to the Internet.
Open Tech CEO Roles - Canada
- British Columbia: HIVE Blockchain Technologies, CounterPath, Cascadia Blockchain Group, BLOK Technologies, Squire Mining
- Ontario: Smart-Edge.com, First Global Data
Details of Open Tech CEO Roles - Canada
- Pivot Technology Solutions (Smart-Edge.com), ON, Canada, Mar 2019 - Pivot Technology Solutions appointed Bob Pike as interim Chief Executive Officer of Smart-Edge.com, a wholly owned subsidiary focused on driving commercial penetration of the Company's patent-pending Smart Edge platform. Pike is one of the original developers of the Smart Edge platform and the current CTO. Pike succeeds Kurt Steinhauer who is no longer with the Company. Smart Edge is an innovative developer platform designed to support enterprise Multi-Access Edge Computing (MEC) solutions.
- HIVE Blockchain Technologies, BC, Canada, Aug 2018 - HIVE announced Harry Pokrandt is retiring from his full-time role as President, CEO and Director. Frank Holmes, the company's Chairman, will act as Interim Executive Chairman and Olivier Roussy Newton, a Director of the company, will act as Interim President to ensure a smooth transition of management duties. The Board of Directors has begun a search for a new CEO and will take due care and appropriate time in finding the right candidate to propel HIVE into its next phase of growth and development.
- CounterPath Corporation, BC, Canada, Sep 2018 - CounterPath Corporation announced that Donovan Jones has resigned as President, CEO and director. David Karp, CFO, will serve in an interim role as CEO and lead company until a new CEO is appointed. Desktop and mobile SIP-based VoIP softphones and solutions for enterprises and service providers. Home of the industry favorite Bria and X-Lite clients.
- First Global Data, ON, Canada, Dec 2018 - First Global Data announced the resignation of its Chairman and CEO, Mr. Andre Itwaru. The Company is actively sourcing a replacement CEO and will provide additional updates by way of press release. First Global Data provides electronic payments and transaction processing solutions.
- Cascadia Blockchain Group Corp., BC, Canada, Apr 2019 - Cascadia Blockchain Group announced the appointment of Mr. Robin Guo as the Board member and the Acting President & CEO for the vacancies left behind by Ms. Rachel Wang upon her resignation. Cascadia Blockchain Group engages in the development of block chain technology platform.
- BLOK Technologies, BC, Canada, Jan 2019 - BLOK Technologies announced the resignation of President & CEO Robert Dawson. Mr. James Hyland, Director, will be serving as interim president. The company has promptly begun a search for a permanent President & CEO. The Company invests in and develops emerging companies in the blockchain technology sector.
- Squire Mining Ltd., BC, Canada, Jan 2019 - Squire Mining announced that COO Mrs. Angela Holowaychuk will assume the responsibilities of interim CEO until a permanent appointment is announced. The company announced the resignation of Taras Kulyk as CEO. Filling the vacancy on the Board of Directors due to the departure of Taras Kulyk, Mrs. Angela Holowaychuk was appointed to the Board for Squire Mining. Squire Mining Ltd. engages in the development, operation, and manufacture of data mining infrastructure and system technology to support blockchain applications in the crypto-asset mining space worldwide.
Open Tech CEO Roles - Rest of the World
- UK: Telit Communications, Redcentric
- Sweden: Cherry AB
- Finland: Basware Oyj
- Australia: CSG Limited, NetComm Wireless
- Hong Kong: Solomon Systech
Details of Open Tech CEO Roles - Rest of the World
- Telit Communications plc, UK, Sep 2018 - Telit Communications plc announced that it has reached an agreement with Yosi Fait, the Group's CEO, by which he will cease to be a Director and CEO with immediate effect. Paolo Dal Pino, the non executive Chairman who has previously held a number of CEO roles, becomes Executive Chairman on an interim basis. A process will now begin to recruit a new CEO. Telit provides Internet of Things (IoT) deployment solutions.
- Cherry AB, Sweden, May 2018 - Anders Holmgren, CEO and President, left the Swedish gaming company. Gunnar Lind is acting CEO and will remain in this position to ascertain that the group develops according to plan until a permanent CEO is appointed. Swedish Economic Crime Authority initiated an investigation for insider crime as a result of share trading by Cherry’s CEO, Anders Holmgren. Cherry AB’s principal owner is Bridgepoint Europe VI Fund. The Board has resolved to apply for delisting of the Cherry share, series B, from Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Basware Oyj, Finland, Mar 2019 - Basware Oyj announced that Vesa Tykkyläinen has resigned from his position as CEO of the company. The Board has appointed Klaus Andersen, CTO of Basware, as interim CEO. Vesa will work with Klaus to ensure an orderly transition. The recruitment process to select a new CEO has started. Basware Oyj provides networked purchase-to-pay solutions, and e-invoicing and financing services for organizations in Finland and internationally.
- CSG Limited, Australia, Mar 2019 - The Directors of CSG Limited have determined that for the Company's strategic transformation program and growth strategy "CSG 2021" to be best implemented, a change of leadership is required. As a result, Mark Bayliss, CSG's Chairman and Executive Director, has been appointed Acting CEO & Managing Director, and has stepped aside from the Chairman's role. Once "CSG 2021" is further progressed, the Board will undertake a selection process for a CEO & Managing Director. Julie-Ann Kerin has stepped down from the role of CEO & Managing Director and has resigned as a Director of the Company. CSG Limited provides print and business technology solutions in Australia and New Zealand.
- NetComm Wireless, Australia, Feb 2019 - Ken Sheridan has stepped aside from the role of managing director & CEO of NetComm with immediate effect due to family health issues, but will continue as an executive director on NetComm’s board. CTO Steve Collins has been appointed Interim CEO.The board of NetComm Wireless has recommended shareholders back a scheme that will see the Australian networking equipment supplier become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Casa Systems. The transaction is valued at AU$161 million. NetComm Wireless Limited develops and sells broadband products for telecommunications carriers, core network providers, system integrators, and government and enterprise customers worldwide.
- Redcentric plc, UK, Nov 2018 - Redcentric plc announced the resignation of Chris Jagusz both from the Board and as Chief Executive. Peter Brotherton, CFO, assumed CEO responsibilities while a formal process to appoint a permanent CEO is carried out. Redcentric plc provides IT managed services in the United Kingdom.
- Solomon Systech (International) Limited, Hong Kong, Mar 2019 - Solomon Systech announced resignation of Dr. Yeh Tsuei Chi from CEO and appointed as a consultant of the company; and Mr. Wang Wah Chi, Raymond has been appointed as an acting CEO of the company. Solomon Systech operates as a fabless semiconductor company worldwide.
Tech CEO Appointments
Tech CEO Appointments - US
- Northeast & Mid-Atlantic: Blue Apron Holdings, NY; PAR Technology Corporation, NY; SeaChange International, MA; Digital Asset Holdings, NY; White Ops, NY
- Midwest: Nordic Consulting Partners, WI; GlassBridge Enterprises, MN; Applied Systems, IL
- South Atlantic: FARO Technologies, FL; SharedLabs, FL; Movius Interactive Corporation, GA; SummitIG, VA; CYREN, VA; Connectivity Wireless, GA/Neutral Connect Networks, FL
- South Central: Electronic Transaction Consultants Corporation, TX; Rackspace Hosting, TX; Novatech, TN
- West Mountain: Caesars Entertainment Corporation, NV; ColdQuanta, CO
- West Pacific: Integrated Device Technology, CA; Lantronix, CA; TIBCO Software, CA
Tech CEO Appointments in the US Northeast & Mid-Atlantic
- Blue Apron Holdings, NY - Blue Apron Holdings has appointed Linda Findley Kozlowski as the Company’s President, CEO and Director. Bradley J. Dickerson will be resigning as President and CEO and as a director of the Company. Ms. Kozlowski, 45, served as COO of Etsy from May 2016 to December 2018. The company’s shares are down nearly 90 percent since its IPO as the meal-kit service provider has struggled to boost low sales and turn a profit. Kozlowski joins at a time when the company is battling intense competition from rivals. Blue Apron Holdings operates direct-to-consumer platform that delivers original recipes, and fresh and seasonal ingredients.
- PAR Technology Corporation, NY - PAR Technology Corporation appointed interim CEO and President Mr. Savneet Singh as the CEO and President of the Company. Singh will continue to serve as a member of the Company's board of directors. He was appointed to the interim role in December 2018 when Dr. Donald H. Foley stepped-down as CEO and President, and as a director of the Company. Singh is a partner of CoVenture, LLC, a multi-asset manager with funds in venture capital, direct lending, and crypto currency. PAR Technology Corporation provides management technology solutions.
- SeaChange International, MA - SeaChange International announced that board member Mark J. Bonney has been named Executive Chair. In that capacity, Mr. Bonney will assume the duties of Chairman and the principal executive officer. The interim Office of the CEO will be disbanded. Bonney most recently served as CEO, President, and an Executive Director of the Board of RhythmOne. Edward Terino resigned as the Company's CEO and as a Director earlier this year. Mr. Terino's resignation followed the company's ongoing discussions with certain of the Company's shareholders with respect to Board composition. The Board strongly rejected the assertions and characterizations made in Mr. Terino’s letter of resignation. SeaChange International provides multiscreen, advertising, and premium over the top (OTT) video products and services that facilitate the aggregation, licensing, management, and distribution of video and television advertising content worldwide.
- Digital Asset Holdings, NY - Digital Asset announced that Co-Founder Yuval Rooz has been appointed the company's CEO replacing Blythe Masters. The company's Executive Chairman, AG Gangadhar, was appointed acting CEO in December and will continue to advise the company's leadership team as executive chairman. Rooz is a co-founder of Digital Asset and was one of the company’s first employees in 2014 when it opened for business. Since then, he served as the CFO as well as the COO. Digital Asset Holdings, a software company, develops and builds distributed ledger technology solutions for the financial services industry.
- White Ops, NY - White Ops announced that their Board of Directors has named co-founder Tamer Hassan as CEO. Hassan will join the Board of Directors of White Ops. Hassan succeeds Sandeep Swadia, who stepped down as CEO after two years in the role. Hassan has served as CTO since co-founding White Ops in 2012. White Ops provides online fraud detection solutions.
Tech CEO Appointments in the US Midwest Region
- Nordic Consulting Partners, WI - Jim Costanzo will join Nordic as CEO, replacing Bruce Cerullo, who is shifting to chairman of the board. Costanzo previously worked at Ernst & Young, where he served as both global health leader and Americas health advisory leader. Jim joins during Nordic’s ongoing evolution, in which the firm has been complementing its high-caliber health IT staff augmentation business with strategic services, performance improvement offerings, a leading managed services division and expansion into Canada via the recent acquisition of Healthtech Consultants. Nordic Consulting Partners, an Epic consulting company, provides customized end-to-end health IT solutions that help organizations improve the health of their patients and business.
- GlassBridge Enterprises, MN - GlassBridge Enterprises (fka Imation Corporation) appointed Daniel A. Strauss, 34, to serve as the CEO in addition to his role as COO. He has been the COO of the Company since 2017, and a Portfolio Manager at Clinton Group since 2010 and will continue in such role following his appointment. Danny Zheng, the Company’s CFO and Interim CEO, submitted his resignation from his positions with the Company. GlassBridge Enterprises provides enterprise data storage and asset management services worldwide.
- Applied Systems, IL - Applied Systems announced that it has named Taylor Rhodes as the Company’s next CEO. Reid French, Applied’s previous CEO, will continue to advise the company as a member of Applied’s board of directors. Mr. Rhodes joins Applied with more than two decades of technology and tech-enabled services leadership experience. Most recently, he served as CEO of SMS Assist. Applied Systems provides software solutions and services for the insurance industry.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US South Atlantic Region
- FARO Technologies, FL - FARO Technologies announced that Michael D. Burger has been appointed President and CEO. Mr. Burger succeeds Dr. Simon Raab, who previously announced his intent to retire as the company's President and CEO and as a member of the company's Board of Directors upon the appointment of his successor. Mr. Burger most recently served as President and CEO and as a member of the board of directors of Electro Scientific Industries. FARO Technologies designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and supports software driven three-dimensional (3D) measurement and imaging solutions.
- SharedLabs, FL - SharedLabs CEO and founder Jason Cory has resigned. The company had been cotemplating on acquiring Glowpoint, a merger which has now been terminated. Cory, who owns about a third of SharedLabs, is stepping down to pursue other opportunities. The FBI has interviewed people with knowledge of SharedLabs' finances as its Cory stands accused of embezzling more than $300,000. Kishore Khandavalli, founder of iTech, will succeed Cory as CEO. iTech was acquired by SharedLabs in 2017. SharedLabs, an IT services company, provides a range of software, digital, cloud, and security services and solutions.
- Movius Interactive Corporation, GA - Movius announced that John Loiacono has joined the company as CEO. Prior to Movius, Loiacono most recently was founder and CEO at Jolata (sold in late 2018). At Adobe, Loiacono was SVP and GM of Digital Media and Creative. Movius closed on $45 million in new Series D funding in March. Movius Executive Chairman and Interim CEO Krish Panu will return full-time as Managing Director at PointGuard Ventures, a Movius investor. PointGuard Managing Director Pete Thomas will step in as Chairman of the Movius board. Movius Interactive Corporation provides cloud-based enterprise mobility solutions.
- SummitIG, VA - SDC Capital Partners has acquired a majority interest in SummitIG (Summit Infrastructure Group). Effective upon the transaction close, Sunny Kumar, formerly the Company's Chief Commercial Officer, elevates to the role of CEO for SummitIG. Mr. Kumar succeeds Bill Cook who will remain involved with Summit in an advisory capacity. SummitIG provides custom network and bandwidth infrastructure solutions for data centers, carriers, and enterprises in Northern Virginia.
- CYREN, VA - Cyren announced that Brett Jackson has been named CEO replacing Lior Samuelson, who served as chairman and CEO since 2013. Samuelson will continue to serve as chairman. Jackson most recently served as CEO of Digital Reasoning, an artificial intelligence analytics software company backed by Goldman Sachs (GS). CYREN provides information security solutions for protecting Web, email, and mobile transactions worldwide.
- CONNECTIVITY WIRELESS, GA; Neutral Connect Networks, FL, - M/C Partners, a Boston-based private equity firm, acquired Connectivity Wireless Solutions (DAS services & in-building cellular solutions firm) and its subsidiaries, including Simplifi DAS Holdings, with a plan to consolidate it with Neutral Connect Networks (neutral wireless hosting infrastructure company) to accelerate growth in the neutral-host infrastructure and in-building wireless services business. As part of the acquisition, Stephen Bye has assumed the role of CEO of the newly combined companies. Bye is former president of C Spire.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US South Central Region
- Electronic Transaction Consultants Corporation, TX - Electronic Transaction Consultants Corporation named Bret Kidd as the company's CEO. Previously, Bret held executive roles at Travelport, the $2.2B travel-technology business, most recently serving as President of Travelport Americas. Electronic Transaction Consultants Corporation develops toll collection solutions and services. The company offers RITE Solution, a browser-based toll solution suite that includes various modules.
- Rackspace Hosting, TX - Managed cloud services company Rackspace appointed Kevin M. Jones as CEO. Mr. Jones most recently served as CEO of MV Transportation. He succeeds Joe Eazor who was named CEO of Rackspace in May 2017. Rackspace was taken private by Apollo Global Management, in a $4.3 billion deal.
- Novatech, TN - Novatech appointed Dan Cooper as a CEO of the company. Founder Darren Metz will continue his ownership interest and will take a new role as Executive Chairman. Cooper retired from Xerox's Global Imaging Systems (GIS) as President in August 2018. Empowered by the capital support of private equity firm Trivest Partners, Novatech will continue its aggressive expansion plan across the United States to become a national leader of Managed IT and Print Services. Novatech operates as a dealer for document management and office technology products.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US West
- Caesars Entertainment Corporation, NV - Caesars Entertainment Corporation has named Anthony (Tony) Rodio, 60, as CEO, succeeding Mark Frissora. Mr. Rodio, who is currently CEO of Affinity Gaming which controlled by Illinois-based Z Capital Partners, and has five Nevada casinos. Rodio has nearly four decades of experience in the gaming industry. He will join the company's Board of Directors and be based in Las Vegas.
- ColdQuanta, CO - ColdQuanta, the leading developer of ultracold-atom quantum technology, has appointed Robert "Bo" Ewald as president and CEO. He was previously president of supercomputing leader Cray Research, CEO of Silicon Graphics, and for the past six years, president of quantum computing company D-Wave International. Previous CEO Dana Z. Anderson, Ph.D., ColdQuanta founder and professor of physics at the University of Colorado, returns to his role as the company’s CTO.
- Integrated Device Technology, CA - Renesas Electronics Corporation closed the acquisition of chipmaker Integrated Device Technology (IDT) on March 29, 2019 in a $6.7B deal. Dr. Sailesh Chittipeddi, IDT’s current EVP, Global Operations and CTO, assumed the concurrent posts of President and CEO of IDT and EVP of Renesas.
- Lantronix, CA - Lantronix announced that Paul Pickle will be joining the company as president, CEO and director. Most recently, Pickle served as president and COO of Microsemi Corporation from November 2013 until Microsemi was acquired by Microchip Technology. Lantronix announced that Jeff Benck has resigned from his role as president and CEO and as a director to pursue another opportunity as the CEO of Benchmark Electronics in February 2019. Lantronix provides secure data access and management solutions for Internet of Things (IoT) assets in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the Asia Pacific Japan.
- TIBCO Software, CA - TIBCO Software, a global leader in integration, API management, and analytics, announced that Dan Streetman has been appointed as its new CEO. Streetman joins TIBCO from BMC Software, where he was EVP of worldwide sales and marketing. Current CEO Murray Rode has been named vice chairman of TIBCO. Streetman previously held senior transformative roles at leading software companies such as Salesforce, C3, Amdocs, and Siebel Systems. TIBCO Software provides infrastructure and business intelligence software worldwide.
Tech CEO Appointments - Canada
- British Columbia: Photon Control
- Quebec: NuRAN Wireless
Tech CEO Appointments - Canada
- Photon Control, BC, Canada - Photon Control appointed Nigel Hunton as its president, CEO and member of the board. Most recently, Mr. Hunton served as President and COO of Ferrotec USA and prior to that, as CEO of MBA Polymers. In December 2018 Scott Edmonds departed from the Company as Director, President and CEO to pursue other interests. Chairman D. Neil McDonnell was serving as Interim CEO since then. Photon Control designs, manufactures, and distributes a range of optical sensors and systems to measure temperature and position.
- NuRAN Wireless, QC, Canada - NuRAN Wireless appointed Maxime Dumas as new President and CEO. Prior to this appointment, Mr. Dumas was VP of Strategy & Corporate Development for the company. As a founding member of NuRAN Wireless, Mr. Dumas defined NuRAN's vision and played a key role in establishing the company as a leading supplier of mobile and broadband wireless solutions. Though Martin Bedard is resigning from his position of President and CEO, he will continue to play an active role as consultant and special advisor for the company. NuRAN Wireless offers Radio Access Network (RAN) for Rural & Remote locations, for high-density zones and network-in-a-box for IoT purposes or emergency.
Tech CEO Appointments - Rest of the World
- UK: Spirent Communications plc
- Sweden: Enea AB
- Australia: Integrated Research
- China: Link Motion
- Netherlands: Unit4
Tech CEO Appointment Details - Rest of the World
- Spirent Communications plc, United Kingdom - Spirent Communications plc announced that Eric Updyke has been appointed as CEO and director. Most recently he was Group President, Services at Amdocs Ltd where he had global responsibility for the entire Managed Services, Testing and SI businesses. Eric Hutchinson wished to retire after 37 years of employment with the Group, most recently as CEO, following his appointment to that role in 2013. Spirent Communications plc provides solutions to develop devices and equipment and to operate networks worldwide.
- Enea AB, Sweden - Enea announced appointment of Jan Häglund as its new CEO. Häglund spent his career working for the Swedish telecom giant Ericsson, where he was most recently heading Product Portfolio and R&D for Digital Services. Anders Lidbeck will resign as CEO and subject to the 2019 annual general meeting so electing, become new chairman of the board. Enea AB provides software and services for communication-intensive applications to telecom, transportation, medtech, aero, and defense industries worldwide.
- Integrated Research Limited, Australia - Integrated Research appointed Mr. John Ruthven to the position of CEO. Mr. Ruthven is an internationally experienced software industry executive respected for his strategic approach and operational expertise across global enterprises. Most recently, John was the Operating Officer - Global Sales at TechnologyOne. CFO Peter Adams has been interim CEO. Integrated Research Limited designs, develops, implements, and sells systems and applications management computer software for business-critical computing, unified communication networks, and payment networks.
- Link Motion, China - Link Motion, a China-based connected-car firm, announced that its Chairman and CEO Wenyong “Vincent” Shi was replaced by Mr. Lilin “Francis” Guo, by Robert W. Seiden, a Court-Appointed Temporary Receiver over Link Motion, who exercised his authority granted by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. Link Motion operates as a smart car and smart ride company in the People’s Republic of China and internationally.
- Unit4 N.V., Netherlands - Unit4 appointed Mike Ettling as CEO. Mike is an experienced business leader and was previously the President of SAP Successfactors. He replaces Stephan Sieber who remains to assist in the transition. Unit4 N.V. provides enterprise software for services organizations worldwide.
Vell Executive Search Representative Placements
About Vell Executive Search
- Deep tech industry retained search experience
- More dedicated time as consultants have few parallel projects.
- Thorough understanding of your company’s business and culture
- Behavioral interviews and competency scorecards.
- Constant two-way, direct communication and 24 /7 availability.
- Insightful and detailed reference checking
- Broad reach of candidates: no hidden relationships. No off-limits.
- Analytics based search process.
Vell Executive Search Contact