Geographic Distribution of Open Tech CEO Roles & Appointments
Reasons for CEO departures of Note
Conduct: Intel, Athenahealth, Lam Research, and KEMET Corporation.
Disappointing Results: Commvault (with former CEO aged 76), PAR Technology, Stratasys, Sigma Designs, Marchex
- Flex CEO Michael M. McNamara, 61, retired in December 2018, after many years of service.
- Teradata's Victor Lund, 70, retired. Everyone expected him to stay for a shorter time given his age. A successor has been named.
- Videotron CEO Manon Brouillette transitioned out after more than 14 years of service. New CEO Jean-François Pruneau took over from start of the new year.
- Everbridge founder and CEO Jaime Ellertson will transition in July 2019.
- FARO Technologies: Dr. Simon Raab, 65, has decided to retire after 36 years of service.
- Spirent Communications: Eric Hutchison, 63, has decided to retire.
M&A / Spin-offs
- Athenahealth was acquired for over $5.7b and is expected to be taken private. The CEO role remains open.
- Thoma Bravo acquired quote-to-cash software solutions firm Apttus in the fall of 2018. Microsoft exec named as new CEO.
- Vector Capital acquired Host Analytics
- Thoma Bravo acquired Quorum Software in August 2018 and lately named a new CEO.
- China based ecommerce firm LightInTheBox acquired Ezbuy, who’s CEO took over as CEO of LightInTheBox.
- India based ecoomerce player Myntra's CEO replaced, after Walmart had merged the two fashion businesses of its newly acquired Flipkart Group - Myntra and Jabong - in November 2018.
- Germany based asknet AG named Nexway Group’s CEO as its own as it acquired Nexway.
Personal Reasons: Digital Guardian, Digital Asset Holdings, TiVo,
Long term open roles: Marchex has been without a CEO since October 2016. The call analytics and call tracking company has had an “office of the CEO”.
Sudden resignations: Stratasys, TiVo Corp, Sigma Designs, Telit Communications (after a shareholder revolt)
9 Newly Opened Roles - Geographic Distribution
- North America Newly Opened Tech CEO Roles (7): FARO Technologies, FL; PAR Technology Corporation, NY; Host Analytics, CA; Photon Control and BLOK Technologies, BC, Canada; Digital Asset Holdings, NY; First Global Data, ON, Canada
- EMEA Newly Opened Tech CEO Roles (1): Bygghemma Group First AB, Sweden
- APAC Newly Opened Tech CEO Roles (1): Integrated Research, Australia
For all 30 Open Tech CEO Roles & All Appointments
Most active states/countries for Open Tech CEO Roles: West Coast
- 9 of the 23 of the open roles are in the West Mountain/Pacific area, with 6 open roles being in California. In EMEA, UK has 3 open roles and Sweden has 2 open roles.
The most active states/countries for Incoming CEOs: West Coast
- 15 of the 36 appointments are in the West Mountain/Pacific area, with 4 are in the West Mountain region and 11 in West Pacific.
Appointments: There were 8 women CEOs appointed and 47 men. 6 in North America and 2 in EMEA.
There are five net new women:
- Men replacing Women: 3
- Women replacing Men: 8
- Men replacing Men: 44
- Women replacing Women: None
50% of women CEOs got hired externally; 41% of men CEOs got hired externally
- 50% of women appointed were internal appointments: promotions or from the existing board.
- 59% of the men appointed were “internal”, i.e. promotions or from the existing board.
Geographic Diversity of Women CEO Appointments
- 8 women appointed were – 6 in the US (2 in Arizona, 1 each in California, Florida, Colorado, Washington), 2 in EMEA (1 each in Netherlands and UK).
Sources of CEO Appointments
23 out of 55 CEOs appointed were sourced externally (42%)
Out of 23 externally appointed CEOs - 19 were men (82%) and 4 women (18%)
Hope you enjoy this newsletter and find it useful. Suggestions and corrections are most welcomed and appreciated.
Thanks again and all the best,
Vell Executive Search is a retained executive search firm that specializes in recruiting technology execs for boards and executive roles, including Board Members, CEOs, Presidents, GMs, CTOs/Chief Digital Officers/VP Engineering, SVP Sales, Chief Revenue Officers, CMOs, and CFOs. Vell has built a reputation for recruiting talented high-performing leadership teams globally. www.vell.com.
In this Edition
Open Tech CEO Roles: United States, Canada, EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America
New Tech CEO Appointments: United States, Canada, EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America
Vell Executive Search Representative Placements: Board, CEOs, GMs, CTOs, CFOs, SVP Sales, SVP, Marketing, CIOs, Chief Digital Officers
About Vell Executive Search
Open Tech CEO Roles
Open Tech CEO Roles - United States
- Northeast & Mid Atlantic: athenahealth, MA; Commvault Systems, NJ; PAR Technology Corporation, NY; Everbridge, MA, Digital Guardian, MA; Digital Asset Holdings, NY.
- Midwest: Stratasys, MN; Nortech Systems, MN.
- South Atlantic: FARO Technologies, FL.
- West Pacific: Intel Corp., CA; TiVo Corporation, CA; Sigma Designs, CA; Marchex, WA; BSQUARE, WA; Airgain, CA; Kymeta Corporation, WA; Host Analytics, CA; Digital Locations, CA.
Northeast Open Tech CEO Roles
- athenahealth, MA, Jun 2018 - Jonathan Bush is stepping down as CEO, President & Director of athenahealth, following pressure from activist investor Elliott Management. Chairman Jeffrey Immelt has been appointed as Executive Chairman, until the appointment by the Board of a new CEO. CFO Marc Levine to assume greater day to day operational oversight. Bush, a nephew of former U.S. President George H.W. Bush, founded Athenahealth in 1997. He has been in the spotlight following media reports of inappropriate comments and issued an apology after it was revealed that that he had assaulted his former wife 14 years ago. In November, the company sold itself for $5.4b to Elliott and Veritas Capital, and will likely take itself private. Apps for network-enabled services for healthcare and point-of-care mobile apps.
- Commvault Systems, NJ, May 2018 - Commvault global leader in enterprise backup, recovery, archive and the cloud, began a search for a new CEO in agreement with Elliott Management, an activist investor and after the company announced disappointing financial results. Neil Robert Hammer will continue to lead Commvault as Chairman, CEO and President until his successor is appointed. Data protection and information management software.
- PAR Technology Corporation, NY, Dec 2018 - PAR Technology announced that Savneet Singh, a member of the Company’s Board of Directors since April 2018, has been appointed Interim CEO and President of the Company. The Company also announced that Dr. Donald H. Foley has stepped-down as CEO and President, and as a director of the Company. The Board has initiated a search process to identify a permanent CEO. Mr. Singh is a partner of CoVenture, LLC, a multi-asset manager with funds in venture capital, direct lending, and crypto currency. Restaurant POS Solutions and Government Solutions.
- Everbridge, MA, Jun 2018 - Everbridge announced that long-time Chairman and CEO Jaime Ellertson will transition to executive chairman in mid to late 2019. Critical event management and enterprise safety software applications.
- Digital Guardian, MA, Oct 2018 - Digital Guardian announced that Ken Levine has stepped down as president and CEO for personal reasons. Digital Guardian has initiated a CEO search, and Paul Ciriello, an investor and member of Digital Guardian’s Board of Directors, will act as Interim CEO to oversee the company’s day-to-day operations. Levine will remain on the Board of Directors and act as a strategic advisor during the CEO search and transition. Data-centric security platform designed to stop data theft. The Digital Guardian platform performs across traditional endpoints, mobile devices and cloud applications to make it easier to see and stop all threats to sensitive data.
- Digital Asset Holdings, NY, Dec 2018 - Blythe Masters, former banker who was one of most high-profile executives to jump to blockchain industry, is stepping down as CEO of Digital Asset Holdings. The software company develops and builds distributed ledger technology solutions for the financial services industry.
Midwest Open Tech CEO Roles
- Stratasys, MN, May 2018 - Ilan Levin has decided to step down from his positions as CEO and Director of the 3D printer and additive manufacturing company, after less than two years on the job. Elchanan (Elan) Jaglom, the company’s current Chairman of the Board, will serve as CEO until a successor is appointed. The company is conducting a CEO Search. Stratasys had stumbled in recent quarters, with Levin noting earlier this month that the company experienced some slowdown in orders for high-end systems in government, automotive, and aerospace. 3D printers and 3D production systems for office-based rapid prototyping and direct manufacturing solution.
- Nortech Systems, MN, Aug 2018 - Rich Wasielewski, president and CEO of Nortech Systems since 2014, announced he will be retiring. Nortech Systems has retained an executive recruitment to find a CEO. He will continue to lead the company during the search and subsequent transition period. Nortech is a full-scale provider of contract design, engineering, production and post-market services for electro-mechanical products.
South Atlantic Open CEO Roles
- FARO Technologies, Florida, Jan 2019 - FARO announced that Dr. Simon Raab plans to retire as President and CEO and as a member of the Board of Directors when a successor is appointed. Dr. Raab has served as FARO's President and CEO since December 2015 and previously served as its CEO from its inception in 1982 until January 2006 and has been the Company's Chairman since its inception. 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology; computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software.
West Pacific Open Tech CEO Roles
- Intel Corporation, CA, Jun 2018 - Brian Krzanich resigned as CEO and board member of Intel, after violating company policy for a relationship with an employee. The Board has named CFO Robert Swan Interim CEO.
- TiVo Corporation, CA, Jul 2018 - TiVo Corporation announced that its board member Raghavendra Rau has been named as interim President and CEO. The appointment follows Enrique Rodriguez's personal decision to resign from his role as its President, CEO and a member of the Board, after less than a year in the role, to assume CTO role at Liberty Global in Europe.
- Sigma Designs, CA, Jan 2018 - Sigma Designs' President & CEO Thinh Tran has resigned abruptly after 36 years in the role. Mr. Elias Nader, Sigma's current SVP and CFO, has been appointed as interim President and CEO of the high -performance system-on-a-chip semiconductor company.
- Marchex, WA, Oct 2016 - Pete Christothoulou resigned as CEO in October 2016. An office of the Chairman and CEO for the call analytics and call tracking company is still in place as of January 18th, 2019.
- BSQUARE, WA, May 2018 - Jerry D. Chase has stepped down as President and CEO and his board seat. Going forward, BSQUARE will be led by board chairman Andrew Harries who will assume an expanded role as executive chairman, and by Kevin Walsh, VP Marketing, who will serve as acting CEO while continuing to oversee marketing and corporate strategy. Mr. Chase will transition into an advisory role with BSQUARE. The company is conducting a search for a new CEO. BSQUARE is an Industrial IoT Solutions provider.
- Airgain, CA, May 2018 - Airgain announced the resignation of Chuck Myers, CEO, after leading the antenna company for more than seven years. Chairman James K. Sims assumed the role of Interim CEO as the company searches for a new permanent CEO. Airgain is a provider of throughput optimized antenna systems and performance validation services, enabling high-performance wireless connectivity globally for in-home, enterprise, and M2M applications.
- Kymeta Corporation, WA, Oct 2018 - Kymeta announced that CEO Dr. Nathan Kundtz will leave his current role and will continue in an advisory role to the company going forward. Marc Stolzman, Kymeta’s President and CFO will guide the company’s day-to-day operations in the interim while searching for its next CEO. Kymeta makes connectivity as simple and available as a view of the sky. Satellites provide a global network of available high-throughput bandwidth.
- Host Analytics, CA, Jan 2019 - Vector Capital announced the successful completion of its acquisition of Host Analytics Inc. In connection with the transaction closing, Ron Baden, Chief Revenue Officer, has been named interim CEO, and Dan Fletcher, Vice President at Vector Capital, has been named interim CFO. Host Analytics CEO Dave Kellogg and CFO Ian Charles are stepping down from their positions and will assist the company through the transition period. Cloud-based EPM market, providing innovative solutions to corporate finance departments for planning, budgeting, modeling, consolidations, and reporting.
- Digital Locations, CA, Jun 2018 - Gerard F. Hug, CEO and a director of Digital Locations, resigned from his positions as the Company’s CEO and member of the board. William E. Beifuss, Jr., the company’s President and Acting CFO was appointed to serve as Interim CEO of the company. Digital Locations is developing an artificial intelligence (AI) platform to create highly personalized digital content and experiences for each and every person connected to the Internet.
Open Tech CEO Roles - Canada
- British Columbia: Photon Control, HIVE Blockchain Technologies, CounterPath, BLOK Technologies
- Ontario: First Global Data
Details of Open Tech CEO Roles - Canada
- Photon Control, BC, Canada, Dec 2018 - Photon Control announced that Scott Edmonds has departed from the company as Director, President and CEO to pursue other interests. D. Neil McDonnell, Chair of the Board of Directors, will assume the role of Interim CEO. Photon Control is a leading supplier of fiber optic temperature and position measurement technologies for the Wafer Fabrication Equipment and Semiconductor.
- HIVE Blockchain Technologies, BC, Canada, Aug 2018 - HIVE announced Harry Pokrandt is retiring from his full-time role as President, CEO and Director. Frank Holmes, the company's Chairman, will act as Interim Executive Chairman and Olivier Roussy Newton, a Director of the company, will act as Interim President to ensure a smooth transition of management duties. The Board of Directors has begun a search for a new CEO and will take due care and appropriate time in finding the right candidate to propel HIVE into its next phase of growth and development.
- CounterPath Corporation, BC, Canada, Sep 2018 - CounterPath Corporation announced that Donovan Jones has resigned as President, CEO and director. David Karp, CFO, will serve in an interim role as CEO and lead company until a new CEO is appointed. Desktop and mobile SIP-based VoIP softphones and solutions for enterprises and service providers. Home of the industry favorite Bria and X-Lite clients.
- First Global Data, ON, Canada, Dec 2018 - First Global Data announced the resignation of its Chairman and CEO, Mr. Andre Itwaru. The Company is actively sourcing a replacement CEO and will provide additional updates by way of press release. First Global Data provides electronic payments and transaction processing solutions.
- BLOK Technologies, BC, Canada, Jan 2019 - BLOK Technologies announced the resignation of President & CEO Robert Dawson. Mr. James Hyland, Director, will be serving as interim president. The company has promptly begun a search for a permanent President & CEO. The Company invests in and develops emerging companies in the blockchain technology sector.
Open Tech CEO Roles - EMEA
- Sweden: Cherry AB, Bygghemma Group First AB
- UK: Spirent Communications, Telit Communications, Redcentric
Details of Open Tech CEO Roles - EMEA
- Bygghemma Group First AB, Sweden, Dec 2018 - Bygghemma Group First AB (publ) announced that it is making changes to its Group management with the aim of further strengthening the management organization. Martin Edblad, who has worked as CFO of Bygghemma since 2012, has been appointed acting President and CEO of Bygghemma and head of the Home Furnishing segment. Martin Edblad will take up his new positions on 1 April 2019. Mikael Olander, who has combined the roles of President and CEO and head of the DIY segment since 2012, will retain his position as President and CEO until 1 April. He will thereafter serve as head of the DIY segment and has been appointed COO and responsible for M&A. Leading online provider of home improvement products in the Nordic Region.
- Spirent Communications, UK, Nov 2018 - Spirent Communications plc announced that Eric Hutchinson has informed the board of his intention to retire from the company. As a result, the board is commencing a search process for his replacement. He has agreed to continue in his role as CEO until a replacement has been appointed and for a transitional period thereafter. Spirent Communications plc provides solutions to develop devices and equipment and to operate networks worldwide.
- Telit Communications plc, UK, Sep 2018 - Telit Communications' Yosi Fait resigned as CEO. Paolo Dal Pino, the non-executive Chairman who has previously held several CEO roles, becomes Executive Chairman on an interim basis. Telit provides Internet of Things (IoT) deployment solutions.
- Cherry AB, Sweden, May 2018 - Anders Holmgren, CEO and President, left the Swedish gaming company. Gunnar Lind is acting CEO and will remain in this position to ascertain that the group develops according to plan until a permanent CEO is appointed.
- Redcentric plc, UK, Nov 2018 - Redcentric plc announced the resignation of Chris Jagusz both from the Board and as Chief Executive. Peter Brotherton, CFO, will assume Chief Executive responsibilities while a formal process to appoint a permanent Chief Executive is carried out. Redcentric plc provides IT managed services in the United Kingdom.
Open Tech CEO Roles - Asia Pacific
- Singapore: Flex
- Australia: Integrated Research
Details of Open Tech CEO Roles - Asia Pacific
- Flex, Singapore, Oct 2018 - Flex announced that Michael M. McNamara, the Company’s CEO and Director, has decided to retire as CEO, effective December 31, 2018. Michael D. Capellas, Chairman of the Board, will actively assist the Company’s management with the CEO transition. The Board has engaged Heidrick & Struggles International, to conduct a search for a new CEO and will be considering both internal and external candidates. Flex is the Sketch-to-Scale® solutions provider that designs and builds Intelligent Products for a Connected World®. With approximately 200,000 professionals across 30 countries.
- Integrated Research, Australia, Dec 2018 - Integrated Research announced that Peter Adams, currently the company CFO, has been appointed as Interim CEO, as the company's current CEO John Merakovsky leaves the business. Performance management and analytics for enterprise communications, collaboration, and payment systems.
Tech CEO Appointments
Tech CEO Appointments - US
- Northeast & Mid-Atlantic: Computer Task Group, NY; Datto, CT; ETQ, NY; iCAD, NH; Cytel, MA; Questionmark Corporation, CT; Press Ganey, MA
- Midwest: Envestnet Wealth Solutions (aka Yodlee), IL; Corbus, OH; BrandMuscle, IL; Plex Systems, MI
- South Atlantic: KEMET Corporation, FL; Web.com Group, FL; Preferred Systems Solutions, VA; CNSI, MD
- South Central: Harte Hanks, TX; Quorum Business Solutions, TX
- Mountain: ServiceSource International, CO; Reed Group, CO; BillingTree (aka Electronic Payment Providers), AR; GlobalTranz Enterprises, AR
- Pacific: Lam Research Corporation, CA; Teradata, CA; QAD, CA; Apttus Corporation, CA; Accela, CA; Immersion, CA; NetSol Technologies, CA; Alliance Enterprises, WA; Zoox, CA; Certent, CA; Blockchain Holdings Capital Ventures, CA.
Tech CEO Appointments in the Northeast & Mid-Atlantic
- Computer Task Group, NY - Computer Task Group announced that Arthur W. (Bud) Crumlish, the company’s President and CEO, has decided to retire, effective March 1, 2019. The Board of Directors has unanimously selected Filip J.L. Gydé to succeed Mr. Crumlish as the company’s President and CEO, effective March 1, 2019. Mr. Gydé will also serve as a member of the company’s Board of Directors. Mr. Gydé has been with CTG since October 1990 and currently serves as the EVP, GM and President for CTG’s European operations. Computer Task Group operates as an information technology solutions and staffing services company.
- Datto, CT - Datto appointed Tim Weller as its new CEO. Weller succeeds Founder Austin McChord who, last fall, transitioned away from the day-to-day management of the company but continues as a board member. Weller joined Datto in June of 2017. Since that time, he served first as CFO, and then as President and COO. Datto provides backup, recovery, and business continuity solutions to managed service providers worldwide.
- ETQ, NY - ETQ announced appointment of Robert Gremley as CEO. Prior to ETQ, Gremley was Group President of PTC’s Technology Platform Group where he helped build the firm’s market-leading technology platform for IIOT solutions. EtQ develops environmental health and safety (EHS) and compliance management software.
- iCAD, NH - iCAD appointed Mr. Michael Klein as the company's CEO. Mr. Klein's Employment Agreement with the company has been amended to change his title from Interim CEO to CEO. iCAD provides image analysis, workflow solutions, and radiation therapy for the early identification and treatment of cancer.
- Cytel, MA - Cytel appointed Joshua Schultz as CEO. He succeeds Joseph Avellone, who acted as Cytel’s interim CEO from March 2018 and will continue to serve on the company’s Board. Mr. Schultz joins Cytel from PAREXEL, where he most recently served as an Officer of the company and SVP for its Access business unit. Cytel provides software and services for the design, analysis, and implementation of clinical trials.
- Questionmark Corporation, CT - Questionmark announced that Eric Shepherd has decided to step down from his day-to-day role as CEO after 18 years leading the company. The company's Board of Directors has named Lars Pedersen, formerly CEO of Creditcall, as the new CEO. Questionmark Corporation provides technologies and services that enable organizations to measure knowledge, skills, and attitudes for certification, regulatory compliance, and learning outcomes.
- Press Ganey, MA - Press Ganey announced that CEO Patrick T. Ryan has been elevated to the role of Executive Chairman. Joe Greskoviak, President and COO will assume the role of President and CEO. Press Ganey Holdings provides patient experience and caregiver measurement, performance analytics, and strategic advisory solutions for healthcare organizations.
Tech CEO Appointments in the US Midwest Region
- Envestnet Wealth Solutions (aka Yodlee), IL - Envestnet announced an organizational structure designed to better position the company to drive innovation and continued growth, and deliver on its vision of creating the premier Financial Wellness Network. Key organizational changes include consolidating operations into two business units that will enhance the company’s ability to meet evolving market imperatives. Bill Crager, President of Envestnet, will also assume the position of CEO of Envestnet Wealth Solutions. Envestnet provides intelligent systems for wealth management and financial wellness.
- Corbus, OH - Corbus has hired Suresh Iyer as president and CEO. Iyer previously was VP and global practice leader for procurement services with Genpact operating out of Cincinnati, Ohio. Vishal Soin has moved from CEO to the executive chairman. Corbus provides IT, supply chain management (SCM), and project management (PMO) services.
- BrandMuscle, IL - BrandMuscle recently announced the promotion of Scott Weeren to CEO. Weeren joined BrandMuscle in 2017 as COO. Former BrandMuscle CEO Phil Alexander stepped down in March 2018. BrandMuscle provides web-based local marketing software and services to brands and their affiliates.
- Plex Systems, MI - Plex Systems named Bill Berutti its CEO and a member of its board of directors. Berutti has spent the last two decades in cloud and enterprise software leading global, high-growth businesses. Prior to joining Plex, Berutti served as the president of cloud and enterprise solutions at multi-cloud management firm BMC Software. Plex Systems provides cloud-based manufacturing ERP software.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US South Atlantic Region
- KEMET Corporation, FL - KEMET Corporation announced that William M. Lowe, Jr., who has served as EVP and CFO of the company since 2008, has been appointed CEO and Director. Mr. Lowe succeeds Per-Olof Loof, who, in agreement with the Board, has resigned as CEO and as a member of the Board. Loof's departure comes after an investigation into a consensual personal relationship between the CEO and a company employee. An external law firm assisted independent members of the Kemet board in the investigation, which found Loof's actions inconsistent with company policies. The alleged misconduct did not relate to the company's operations or financial statements. KEMET Corporation manufactures and sells passive electronic components under the KEMET brand worldwide.
- Web.com Group, FL - Web.com Group has named Sharon Rowlands as its CEO and president. She succeeds company founder David Brown, who announced in December his planned retirement following a brief period to assist with the transition. Most recently, she served as CEO of ReachLocal, a public digital marketing company she joined in 2014 and subsequently led through a strategic transformation and 2016 sale to Gannett Co. Web.com Group provides a range of Internet services to small businesses.
- Preferred Systems Solutions, VA - Preferred Systems Solutions appointed Randy Morgan as CEO and member of the PSS Board. In addition, PSS has announced that Jim Ballard, current CEO and Board member, will transition to Chairman of the Board. Prior to joining PSS, Mr. Morgan held senior leadership roles, most recently when he joined Parsons Corporation in 2011 as part of the acquisition of SPARTA. Preferred Systems Solutions provides information technology, engineering, program management, intelligence, and staffing services to government and commercial clients.
- Client Network Services, MD - CNSI appointed Todd Stottlemyer as CEO. Stottlemyer, a former executive with the Inova Health System, was previously responsible for the development and growth of all activities on the Inova Center for Personalized Health campus in Virginia. Client Network Services offers defense and national security, healthcare, government information technology, and enterprise mobility solutions.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US South Central Region
- Harte Hanks, TX - Harte Hanks announced the hiring of Bant Breen as CEO. Breen, who has been a member of the Harte Hanks Board of Directors since June 2018, is a recognized global marketing leader and entrepreneur. He was most recently the Founder, Chairman and CEO of Qnary. Karen Puckett stepped down as President and CEO in August 2018.
- Quorum Business Solutions, TX - Quorum Software appointed Gene Austin as President and CEO. Most recently, Austin was the CEO of Bazaarvoice, and before that was the CEO of Convio, where he led a team that grew the business to a successful IPO in 2010 and eventual sale to Blackbaud in 2012. Thoma Bravo acquired Quorum Software, the leader in digital transformation for the oil and gas industry, from Silver Lake in August 2018. Gene replaces Perry Turbes, who retired as CEO after the acquisition and continues as a board member. Quorum Business Solutions develops software solutions and provides services to manage operational, administrative, financial, and transactional business processes.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US West
- ServiceSource International, CO - ServiceSource announced that Christopher M. Carrington has stepped down from his role as CEO. Effective December 4, 2018, Gary B. Moore, a member of the company Board of Directors since November 2016 has been appointed CEO. Before ServiceSource, Moore served most recently from October 2012 to June 2015 as President and COO of Cisco Systems. ServiceSource International provides recurring revenue management, maintenance, support, and subscription for technology and technology-enabled healthcare and life sciences companies.
- Reed Group, CO - The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America announced that Sandra Callahan has joined the company as SVP and CEO of Reed Group. She joins from The Hartford where she was SVP for Group Insurance Operations and responsible for Aetna's post-acquisition integration. She replaces Scott Larsen. ReedGroup, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America®, is a leading leave of absence management organization providing outsourcing, software and compliance services to nearly half of the Fortune 100 companies.
- BillingTree (aka Electronic Payment Providers), AR - BillingTree appointed Christine "Chris" Lee as CEO. Former CEO Edgars Sturans will remain as a BillingTree Board member. Ms. Lee is a highly accomplished industry veteran having successfully lead teams at Moneris, Vantiv, NPC, Bank of America and is currently the President Elect for the Electronic Transactions Association. Electronic Payment Providers, doing business as BillingTree, provides payment processing solutions.
- GlobalTranz Enterprises, AR - The company named Renee Krug as its new CEO and board member. Bob Farrell, GlobalTranz’s current CEO, was named executive chairman. Krug joined GlobalTranz as CFO in October of 2014. GlobalTranz Enterprises develops a suite of transportation services and logistics solutions. Its products include GTZconnect, a logistics platform that connects shippers with carriers and freight agents.
- Lam Research Corporation, CA - Lam Research Corporation accepted Martin Anstice’s resignation as CEO and a member of the Board following allegations of misconduct. The company has named president and COO Tim Archer president and CEO. Lam didn’t disclose the nature of the allegations, other than to say they didn’t involve any kind of corporate financial malfeasance on Anstice’s part.
- Teradata, CA - Teradata appointed its COO Oliver Ratzesberger as President and CEO. Ratzesberger succeeds Victor L. Lund, who is transitioning from his role as President and CEO to Executive Chairman.
- QAD, CA - QAD announced that Anton Chilton has been named CEO and a member of the company's Board of Directors. Chilton succeeds Karl Lopker, who passed away earlier this year. Chilton most recently served as QAD's Chief, Global Field Operations, where he oversaw the company's sales, marketing and services activities.
- Apttus Corporation, CA - Apttus named Frank Holland as their CEO. Holland previously served in corporate VP and GM roles at Microsoft. Executive Chairman David Murphy, who assumed Apttus’ CEO position on an interim basis after Thoma Bravo acquired Apttus in the fall, will help Holland transition into his new role and stay active in supporting the business. Apttus Corporation provides quote-to-cash software solutions delivered on the Salesforce platform.
- Accela, CA - Accela announced that Gary Kovacs has been appointed as CEO. Most recently, he was the CEO of AVG Technologies. Prior to this, Gary was CEO of Mozilla. Former CEO Ed Daihl stepped down in June 2018. Accela designs and delivers cloud-based productivity and engagement software solutions to government agencies worldwide.
- Immersion, CA - Immersion Corporation announced that Ramzi Haidamus will become the company’s CEO and a member of the Immersion Board. Haidamus succeeds Tom Lacey, the company’s Interim CEO, who will remain a Board member of Immersion. Haidamus was president of Nokia Technologies from 2014 to 2016, where he grew the business from $750 million to $1.3 billion in revenue. Immersion Corporation creates, designs, develops, and licenses haptic technologies.
- NetSol Technologies, CA - NetSol Technologies named Salim Ullah Ghauri as CEO. He is former President of Netsol Technologies in Asia Pacific Region and founder of former named Pakistan based Network Solutions, a wholly-owned subsidiary of NetSol Technologies. NetSol designs, develops, markets, and exports software products to the automobile financing and leasing, banking, and financial services industries.
- Alliance Enterprises, WA - Darcy Schab joins as CEO of Alliance Enterprises. In her 13-year career with Alliance, Ms. Schab has served in many roles, most recently as the Director of Application Services, a central role for the software company. She succeeds Chris M. Pieper, who previously served since 2008 as Alliance's CEO. Alliance Enterprises develops and provides enterprise case and performance management software.
- Blockchain Holdings Capital Ventures, CA - Delray Wannemacher was appointed as CEO after the resignation of CEO Paul Dickman. Before assuming the CEO role Wannemacher spent over twenty-five years building successful businesses and working with both public and private companies across industries. Blockchain Holdings Capital Ventures engages in the sourcing of blockchain mining equipment from various suppliers for their customers.
- Certent, CA - Certent announced the promotion of Jorge Martin to CEO. Jorge Martin joined Certent in 2013 as SVP Services and Support and was promoted to Chief Customer Officer in 2014. Jorge currently serves as the General Manager for the Equity Management solution set. Michael Boese, current President and CEO will serve as a strategic advisor to Certent and the Board. Certent develops cloud-based software as a service (SaaS) solutions for equity compensation management, equity compensation reporting, and disclosure management.
- Zoox, CA - Self-driving car startup Zoox announced that Aicha Evans, former SVP and Chief Strategy Officer at Intel Corporation, will join Zoox as its CEO and Board Member. Zoox has raised more than $750 million in venture funding. Tim Kentley-Klay, the co-founder and former CEO had left in August 2018.
Tech CEO Appointments - Canada
- Quebec: Videotron, Source: StatPro
- Ontario: Internet of Things, Maplesoft (aka Waterloo Maple)
Tech CEO Appointments - Canada
- Videotron, QC, Canada - Jean-François Pruneau has been President and CEO of Videotron, which includes Videotron Business, Fizz, Vidéotron Le Superclub and Fibrenoire, since January 2019. Former CEO Manon Brouillette left in October 2018. Vidéotron is a Canadian integrated telecommunications company active in cable television, interactive multimedia development, video on demand, cable telephony, wireless communication and Internet access services. It is owned by Quebecor, and primarily serves Quebec.
- Internet of Things, ON, Canada - Internet of Things appointed Ron Shuttleworth as its CEO. Mr. Shuttleworth succeeds Michael Frank, who has been with the company since inception and has stepped down to pursue other business opportunities. Shuttleworth brings 25 years of experience in the technology sector as an operator, investor, analyst and investment banker, specializing in M&A and financings. Internet of Things operates as an Internet of Things (IoT) technology accelerator and industry acquisition company.
- Source: StatPro, QC, Canada - StatPro Group announced former Morningstar Executive, Gordon Bloor, as divisional CEO for Source: StatPro. Gordon was previously CEO of Tenfore, a real-time data provider covering both Exchange traded and OTC markets. StatPro Group plc develops, markets, and distributes software, data solutions, and related professional services to the asset management industry in the United Kingdom and internationally. Source: StatPro operates globally from its Montreal, Milan and London offices and is a well-established part of StatPro already.
- Maplesoft (aka Waterloo Maple), ON, Canada - Laurent Bernardin, currently the Maplesoft's chief scientist and COO, will become president and CEO. Bernardin is replacing Jim Cooper, who will become the full-time CEO at DigitalEd. Waterloo Maple provides software tools for engineering, science, and mathematics applications.
Tech CEO Appointments - EMEA
- UK: Euro Car Parts Group, Proactis Holdings, Tracsis plc, Brady plc, Cor Financial Solutions
- Others: Accenture plc, Ireland; VEON, Netherlands; SoftwareONE AG, Switzerland; Mycronic AB, Sweden; asknet AG, Germany; 4Sight Holdings, Mauritius; CYBER1, Sweden; InfoVista S.A., France
Tech CEO Appointment Details - EMEA
- Accenture plc, Ireland - Accenture announced that effective immediately, Chairman and CEO Pierre Nanterme has stepped down for health reasons that were previously disclosed in July 2016. Accenture appointed David Rowland, who has been Accenture’s CFO, to become interim CEO, and to the board as a director of Accenture; and named lead independent director Marge Magner as the company’s non-executive chair of the board. Rowland has served as Accenture’s CFO since July 2013.
- VEON, Netherlands - VEON has appointed Ursula Burns as chairman and CEO. Ms Burns has been the chairman of VEON's board of directors since July 2017 and was appointed to the role of executive chairman in March 2018. CEO Jean-Yves Charlier left the company in March 2018. Veon, headquartered in Amsterdam, is one of the world's largest integrated telecommunications services operators providing voice and data services.
- Euro Car Parts Group, United Kingdom - LKQ Corporation named COO Andy Hamilton as CEO of the Euro Car Parts Group (ECP), LKQ’s business in the UK and Ireland. Mr. Hamilton succeeds Martin Gray who has decided to leave ECP to pursue other interests. Euro Car Parts Limited operates as an online distributor of parts for cars and light commercial vehicles in the United Kingdom.
- SoftwareONE AG, Switzerland - SoftwareONE announced that its board of directors has appointed Dieter Schlosser as CEO effective as of January 1, 2019. Schlosser previously held the position of Global COO & Transformation Leader of SoftwareONE. SoftwareONE, a global leader in software and cloud portfolio management, is modernizing the way organizations budget and optimize their global IT spend from on-premises to the cloud.
- Mycronic AB, Sweden - Mycronic's Board of Directors has appointed Anders Lindqvist as new President and CEO of Mycronic. His most recent position was at Piab Group, where he has been CEO since 2013. Anders will replace Lena Olving, who is retiring. Mycronic develops, manufactures, and sells production equipment to the electronics industry.
- asknet AG, Germany - asknet AG entered a share purchase agreement to acquire 100% of Nexway Group AG, the 100% owner of Nexway SAS ('Acquisition') based in Paris - La D-fense. Aston Fallen, Executive Chairman of Nexway SAS and previously a long-standing Business Development Consultant at asknet AG, was appointed as the new CEO of asknet AG whereas the current CEO Sergey Skatershchikov stepped down. asknet AG provides e-commerce solutions for the electronic distribution of digital and physical goods worldwide.
- Proactis Holdings, United Kingdom - Proactis Holdings announced that Tim Sykes has been appointed as CEO. Hamp Wall has stepped down as CEO and from the board and will continue his involvement with the company in an advisory capacity. Tim has been with Proactis since 2006 and became full-time CFO in 2015. Proactis Holdings develops and sells business software, and provides installation and related support services.
- Tracsis plc, United Kingdom - Tracsis plc announced that John McArthur has notified the Board of his intention to step down from his current role of CEO in the first half of 2019 to focus on family and other non-business matters outside the Group. The board announced that, following an extensive search process, Christopher Matthew Barnes ('Chris'), will join the company as CEO - Designate. Chris is the current Managing Director of Ricardo UK Limited's automotive consulting division. Tracsis plc provides software development and consultancy services for the rail industry.
- Cyber Security 1 AB, Sweden - CYBER1 has appointed Nick Viney as CEO who joins after a successful career at McAfee. Mr. Viney will replace Robert Brown who steps down from the role. Cyber Security 1 AB provides governance, risk, and compliance cybersecurity solutions in South Africa, Kenya, the United Arab Emirates, and Europe.
- Brady plc, United Kingdom - Brady plc named Carmen Carey as its new CEO. Carmen initially joined the Board as a Non-Executive Director in March 2017. She was most recently the COO of artificial intelligence company Unbabel. Brady plc provides integrated trading, process, and risk management software solutions to the commodity, recycling, and energy trading companies.
- 4Sight Holdings, Mauritius - 4Sight appointed Mr. Vincent Raseroka as Group CEO of the Company. Raseroka replaces Antonie van Rensburg, who will assume the role of chief digital officer. Prior to his appointment at 4Sight, Raseroka served as founder and CEO of Bridge Taxi Finance. 4Sight provides technology support solutions across various industries in Mauritius and South Africa.
- Cor Financial Solutions, United Kingdom - Cor Financial Solutions reported the appointment of Bruce Hobson as CEO. He has held the position of CFO for Cor Financial for the past fifteen years and Global Head of Salerio for seven years. Cor Financial provides software solutions and advisory services to banking and financial services organizations worldwide.
- InfoVista S.A., France - InfoVista has appointed José Duarte as CEO. Duarte has served as an active non-executive director at InfoVista since October 2016. Previously, he was CEO of Infinitas Learning, CEO of Unit4 and served at SAP for 20 years. The company also announced that Philippe Ozanian, currently CEO, will assume the role of Senior Advisor to the CEO. InfoVista S.A. designs, develops, and markets software solutions for proactive service assurance.
Tech CEO Appointments - APAC
- Taiwan: ASUSTeK Computer
- China: LightInTheBox
- India: Birlasoft, Myntra
- Philippines: SFA Semicon Philippines
- Hong Kong: Rentian Technology Holdings
Tech CEO Appointment Details - APAC
- ASUSTeK Computer, Taiwan, Taiwan - ASUSTeK Computer Inc. announced that Jerry Shen /CEO has been replaced by Hsien-Yuen Hsu, Corporate VP of ASUS and Samson Hu, Corporate VP of ASUS, as part of a corporate reorganization that will see the company venture into the AIoT sector, reshape its mobile phone business operations and establish a dual CEO structure. ASUSTeK Computer researches and develops, designs, manufactures, sells, and repairs computers, communications, and consumer electronic products.
- Birlasoft, India - Birlasoft named Mr. Anjan Lahiri as Managing Director and CEO of the Company for a period of 3 years. CK Birla Group-owned Birlasoft and KPIT Technologies will merge together to create a $700-million company, which will then split into two publicly-traded companies, a complex procedure that will create two specialized IT players. The digital IT services company will be called Birlasoft and run by CEO Anjan Lahiri and the automotive engineering company will be called KPIT Technologies and will be run by Kishor Patil.
- LightInTheBox Holding, China - LightInTheBox acquired 100% equity stake in Ezbuy, a Singapore-based leading cross-border e-commerce platform. As a result of the transaction, the Company's Board of Directors appointed Mr. Jian He as CEO and Director. Jian He was the Founder and CEO of Ezbuy. LightInTheBox operates as an online retail company worldwide.
- Myntra Designs, India - Myntra's CEO Ananth Narayanan has resigned from his role with his position set to be abolished, and Flipkart executive Amar Nagaram has been tasked with heading Myntra. Narayanan's departure comes after Walmart had merged the two fashion businesses of the Flipkart Group - Myntra and Jabong - in November 2018. Myntra Designs operates an e-commerce store for fashion and lifestyle products in India.
- SFA Semicon Philippines, Philippines - The board of directors unanimously elected Production Head Mr. Joon Sang Kang as the company’s Chairman, President and CEO, in replacement of Mr. Byunggil Go. SFA Semicon manufactures, assembles, tests, and warehouses semiconductors and memory devices and applications, and related products in the Philippines.
- Rentian Technology Holdings, Hong Kong - Rentian Technology Holdings Limited announced that Mr. Kwok Kenneth Wai Lung an Executive Director and the existing Executive President of the company, has been re-designated as an Executive Director and the CEO. Before joining the company, he held various senior management positions in Oracle Corporation, Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Company, 3Com, H3C Technology, etc. Rentian Technology Holdings primarily provides Internet-of-things (IoT) solutions to enterprise customers in China, Hong Kong, and internationally.
Vell Executive Search Representative Placements
About Vell Executive Search
- Deep tech industry retained search experience
- More dedicated time as consultants have few parallel projects.
- Thorough understanding of your company’s business and culture
- Behavioral interviews and competency scorecards.
- Constant two-way, direct communication and 24 /7 availability.
- Insightful and detailed reference checking
- Broad reach of candidates: no hidden relationships. No off-limits.
- Analytics based search process.
Vell Executive Search Contact