Duties: A director, as a trustee for the stockholders of the corporation, has a primary duty to represent, protect and further their interests. To this end, directors are responsible for reviewing the policies, goals and philosophies established by the management of the company and for insuring that these policies, goals, and philosophies are in the best interests of the stockholders and the strategies for achieving these goals are properly developed and executed by the management. In furtherance of these duties, the board has the responsibility and authority for electing and appointing the Chairman of the Board and the corporate officers of the company and for fixing their responsibilities as prescribed in the corporate resolutions of the board; for establishing committees of the board and defining their responsibilities; and, in general, for directing the management and control of the company’s business, finances and property. Emphasis is on an active board, working with management on long-range plan review and issues and the business analysis function.
Specific Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Knowledge Base
Functional Experience: We are looking for a seasoned Executive that has led a market leading Technology Company, with one or more of the following backgrounds:
- A CEO or go to market executive of a SaaS or “Internet of Things” company
- Strong experience and understanding in selling to SMBs
- A deep marketing orientation is strongly preferred, and at a minimum, this executive needs to be a go to market executive
- Global experience is strongly preferred
- Experience growing a company past the $200m revenue mark is strongly preferred.
- Engenders trust and respect through competence, thoughtfulness and substance
- Collegial interpersonal skills - articulate communicator and an excellent listener.
- High integrity - moral ethics
- Superb leadership, communication and interpersonal skills; an ability to function in a collaborative and collegial environment; sensitivity to others; high integrity and intelligence; excellent judgment; a conceptual thinker - strategic and well as pragmatic; and an ability to generate trust and build alliances with co-workers
Participation/Availability: Ability to participate in the company’s board of director meetings in person with previously arranged schedules and reasonable notice; be available for consultation with management and other directors on reasonable notice.
- Free of conflicts. Not affiliated with any potential direct competitors or with an existing partner. Not an existing customer or major investor. Not involved or intending to be involved in a competitive venture.
- Not seeking a consultant relationship with the company.
- History of fulfilling commitments and ability to spend necessary time
Meetings: There will be four board meetings per year, all face to face and some conference calls… for the remainder of the calendar (such as specific committee dates), please request from Vell Executive Search.
For Further Details Please Contact:
Dora Vell 617-416-9088 (cell) or 781-416-4088 (direct)