This report covers CEOs wanted and CEOs appointed across industries, for the period December 17th 2013 to January 16th, 2014.
- 54 CEO Roles listed as open in this report
- Seven new openings in the last 30 days: Crocs (Colorado); MGP Ingredients (Kansas); Watts Water Technologies (Massachusetts); Team Health Holdings (Tennessee); UniPixel (Texas); LivingSocial (DC); JetAirways (India)
- 37 new CEOs were appointed
- Four were board members already
- 12 were appointed externally
- 21 were internal appointments; including four that took iCEO roles
- Only three were female appointments: Halozyne Therapeutics, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and WEX, two externally appointed and one internal promotion
The month to month change from November 2013 to December 2013 showed an increase of 12% turnover for CEOs, while the year-on-year turnover declined 9% from that of December 2012. Overall, 2013 was an active year.
Total CEO Turnover Comparisons (Source: Liberum)
Top Industry sectors in December are: Energy, Drugs/Biotech and Metals & Mining.
For more details, please refer below t CEOs Wanted and CEOs appointed.
You can also see our recent reports: 2013 Trends in Tech. Company Boards , Technology Boards, and Characteristics of Successful Tech Company CEOs.
Vell Executive Search
Arkansas Capital Corporation, Little Rock, AR
Arkansas Capital Corporation Group provides commercial financing services. The company was formerly known as First Arkansas Development Finance Corporation.
July 2013 - Sam Walls, who served as the CEO of The Arkansas Capital Corporation Group, has retired after 24 years of service. Rush Deacon, who has served as Chairman of the Board of Arkansas Capital Corporation, is now serving as the acting CEO for the company.
Impax Laboratories, Hayward, CA
Impax Laboratories is a specialty pharmaceutical company.
June 2013 - Impax Laboratories announced that Dr. Larry Hsu plans to retire as President and CEO of Impax Laboratories. Dr. Hsu will remain with the Company in his current position until a replacement CEO is hired; he will also remain a member of the Board of Directors following the appointment of his successor.
ReachLocal, Woodland Hills, CA
ReachLocal offers online marketing and reporting solutions, including search engine marketing, display advertising, online marketing analytics, targeted to SMB market.
September 2013 - ReachLocal announced that Zorik Gordon has resigned as CEO to pursue other entrepreneurial opportunities. David Carlick, chairman of the board, has been appointed Interim CEO. The board has commenced a search for a new CEO and will consider both current members of management and outside executives.
Ixia, Calabasas, CA
Ixia is a provider of converged Internet Protocol (IP) network validation and network visibility solutions.
October 2013 - Ixia announced that Vic Alston has resigned as its President and CEO and as a member of its board of directors following a determination by the Ixia audit committee that although he had attended Stanford University, he had misstated his academic credentials, incorrectly. The Board plans to commence a search to identify a permanent CEO for the company. The board has appointed Errol Ginsberg, Ixia’s chairman of the board, founder and former CEO as acting CEO (in addition to his current role as chief innovation officer), and Alex Pepe, senior vice president, strategy, as chief operating officer.
Demand Media, Santa Monica, CA
Demand Media is a diversified Internet media and domain services company.
October 2013 - Demand Media announced that CEO and Chairman Richard Rosenblatt has resigned. In his stead, the board has named Shawn Colo as interim president.
ICU Medical, San Clemente, CA
ICU Medical is engaged in the development, manufacture and sale of medical devices used in infusion therapy, oncology and critical care applications.
October 2013 - ICU Medical announced that due to health reasons Dr. George Lopez, will step down as President and CEO. He will continue in his role as Chairman and will remain an employee in the Research and Development Department. The Company has appointed Steven Riggs, current VP of Operations, as Acting CEO.
Maxwell Technologies, San Diego, CA
Maxwell Technologies together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and markets energy storage and power delivery products, and microelectronic products worldwide.
October 2013 - Maxwell Technologies CEO David Schramm will retire from his position and the company has begun the search for a qualified individual.
Mozilla, Mountain View, CA
Mozilla is the the nonprofit organization behind Firefox, Firefox OS and other online tools.
April 2013 - Mozilla, the nonprofit organization behind Firefox, Firefox OS and other online tools, announced that its CEO Gary Kovacs, who joined Mozilla in 2010, has stepped down. The organization has started a search for his replacement.
Violin Memory, Santa Clara, CA
Violin Memory develops a new class of flash-based storage systems that are designed to bring storage performance in-line with high-speed applications, servers and networks.
December 2013 - The company named Howard A. Bain III, the chairman of its board, as interim CEO, replacing CEO Don Basile.
Crocs, Niwot, CO
Crocs is a designer, manufacturer and distributor of footwear and accessories.
January 2014 - Crocs CEO John McCarvel is retiring. Crocs said it is launching an outside search for McCarvel's replacement.
WellCare Health Plans, Tampa, FL
WellCare Health Plans is a provider of managed care services to government-sponsored health care programs, focusing on Medicaid and Medicare.
October 2013 - The Board appointed David J. Gallitano, the Company's Chairman, to serve as the Company's Interim CEO, while a search is conducted by the Board for a new CEO
Alternate Energy Holdings, Eagle, ID
Alternate Energy Holdings is engaged in the purchase, optimization and construction of
green energy sources, primarily nuclear power plants.
November 2012 - Alternate Energy Holdings announced that founder Don Gillispie will step down as CEO and Director after seven years. The decision was made amid ongoing health concerns, although Gillispie will assist the company part time as a consultant only as his health allows going forward. In his place, the AEHI Board of Directors voted unanimously to appoint Pete Honeysett, AEHI Director of Nuclear Projects, as interim President.
Heidrick & Struggles, Chicago, IL
Heidrick & Struggles is an advisory firm providing executive search and leadership consulting services.
July 2013 - Heidrick said Chief Executive L. Kevin Kelly stepped down and will return to the firm's executive-search business in a senior client service role. He will be replaced on an interim basis by the leader of the company's Americas business, Jory Marino. A board search committee will look for a successor. Mr. Marino will be considered for the permanent post.
Essex Rental, Buffalo Grove, IL
Essex Rental is engaged in providing of lifting equipment (including lattice-boom crawler cranes, truck cranes, tower cranes, etc.) used in an array of construction projects.
November 2013 - Essex Rental announced that President and CEO Ronald Schad has elected to resign. Mr. Schad will remain as CEO until a replacement is appointed.
MGP Ingredients, Atchison, KS
MGP Ingredients produces certain distillery and ingredient products which are derived from corn, rye and barley, and wheat flour.
January 2014 - MGP Ingredients elected CFO Donald P. Tracy, and VP, Engineering Randall Schrick, to serve as Interim Co-CEOs until a replacement CEO is hired.
Waters Corporation, Milford, MA
Waters Corporation is a laboratory analytical instrument and software company.
August 2013 - Waters Corporation announced that Douglas A. Berthiaume has communicated his intention to retire as CEO within the next twenty-four months. The Board of Directors has appointed a Succession Planning Committee that will guide the process of selecting a successor, and plans to engage an executive search firm to assist in a search which will consider both internal and external candidates.
Watts Water Technologies, North Andover, MA
Watts Water Technologies is a supplier of products for use in the water quality, water safety, water flow control and water conservation markets.
January 2014 - David J. Coghlan resigned as CEO, President and Director. Current EVP and CFO, Dean P. Freeman, 50, will serve as interim CEO and President.
Proto Labs, Maple Plain, MN
Proto Labs is an online and technology-enabled quick-turn manufacturer of custom parts for prototyping and short-run production.
October 2013 – Proto Labs President and CEO Brad Cleveland plans to leave the company, which he's led for 12 years. The Maple Plain-based online and tech-enabled quick-turn manufacturer said it has not yet found a new CEO for its succession plan. Cleveland told the board he'll resign once the company does.
American Railcar Industries, St Charles, MO
American Railcar Industries designs and manufactures hopper and tank railcars in North America.
March 2013 – American Railcar Industries announced that James Cowan, its President and CEO, has resigned in order to pursue other interests. The Board has appointed Jeffrey S. Hollister, who was most recently overseeing the Company's railcar manufacturing group, as President and Interim CEO.
Ormat Technologies, Reno, NV
Ormat is engaged in the geothermal and recovered energy power business. The Company designs, develops, builds and operates geothermal and recovered energy-based power plants.
November 2013 - Ormat Technologies announced that Mrs. Yehudit (Dita) Bronicki, the company's CEO, has decided to retire from her position of CEO, effective June 30, 2014. The board of directors has established a search committee to assist the Board in conducting the process of choosing Mrs. Bronicki's successor.
Suburban Propane Partners, Whippany, NJ
Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (the Partnership) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a range of products meeting the energy needs of the customers.
November 2013 - Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. announced that Michael J. Dunn, Jr. its President and CEO, will retire at the end of the current fiscal year, effective September 27, 2014.
Sun Bancorp, Vineland, NJ
Sun Bancorp and its subsidiary Sun National Bank provides commercial and consumer banking services.
November 2013 - Sun Bancorp announced that Thomas X. Geisel, President and CEO of the Company and its wholly owned subsidiary, Sun National Bank will terminate employment and also resign as a member of the Board. The Company has retained the international firm of Spencer Stuart to assist in the selection of a new CEO. Chairman Sidney R. Brown will serve as Interim President and CEO.
Los Alamos National Bank, Los Alamos, NM
Los Alamos National Bank is a full service financial institution, serving customers in northern New Mexico.
February 2013 - Los Alamos National Bank’s CEO Bill Enloe has announced his retirement. Bank president Steve Wells will take over as interim CEO.
Eastman Kodak Company, Rochester, NY
Eastman Kodak Company (Kodak) is a picture and printing company.
July 2013 - Antonio Perez, who has led Eastman Kodak Co.’s transformation into a commercial imaging company, will serve, at most, one year as CEO as the company emerges from Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Perez will work with the board to identify his successor. The company emerged from bankruptcy on Sep 3, 2013.
Morgans Hotel Group, New York, NY
Morgans Hotel Group is a fully integrated lifestyle hospitality company.
September 2013 - Morgans Hotel Group said Michael Gross resigned as CEO after its largest shareholder led an ouster of the board. Jason Kalisman, the company’s chairman, will take over as interim CEO.
LipoScience, Raleigh, NC
LipoScience is a vitro diagnostic company.
August 2013 – LipoScience’s President and CEO Richard Brajer is stepping down. Board member Robert Greczyn is now serving as its interim president and CEO. LipoScience has begun a search for a successor.
EQM Technologies & Energy, Cincinnati, OH
EQM Technologies & Energy, formerly Beacon Energy Holdings, is engaged in the production and marketing of biodiesel.
June 2013 - EQM Technologies & Energy announced the appointment of Jon Colin as its interim CEO. Colin will assume CEO duties immediately while EQM’s board initiates a search for a permanent chief executive
Semgroup Corporation, Tulsa, OK
Semgroup is involved in the transport of oil and natural gas from refineries to end users as well as the manufacture and sale of asphalt.
August 2013 - Norman J. Szydlowski, President and CEO of SemGroup Corporation, advised the Board of Directors of the Company that he will retire once a successor is in place. Szydlowski will continue to serve in his current capacities to ensure an orderly transition.
Rose Rock Midstream, Tulsa, OK
Rose Rock Midstream owns, operates, develops and acquires a diversified portfolio of midstream energy assets.
August 2013 - Norman J. Szydlowski, President and CEO of the general partner of Rose Rock Midstream, L.P. advised the Board of Directors of the General Partner that he will retire once a successor is in place. Szydlowski will continue to serve in his current capacities to ensure an orderly transition.
WPX Energy, Tulsa, OK
WPX Energy is an independent natural gas and oil exploration and production company engaged in the exploitation and development of long-life unconventional properties.
December 2013 - WPX Energy announced that Ralph A. Hill will step down as president, CEO and board member and the company has appointed James J. Bender as interim president, CEO and board member, effective Dec. 31, 2013. A search committee consisting of four board directors – has been established and the executive recruiting firm of Spencer Stuart has been retained to assist in an external CEO search.
Hurley International, Beaverton, OR
Hurley International – Owned by NIKE, Hurley is a clothing, footwear, sportswear, and equipment supplier based in the United States.
June 2012 - NIKE announced that company founder and Chairman Bob Hurley will assume the interim CEO role at Hurley International, replacing Michael Egeck who has decided to leave the company. Hurley will work closely with Roger Wyett, President of NIKE Affiliates, and a former CEO of Hurley, during the transition.
Weis Markets, Sunbury, PA
Weis Markets engages principally in the retail sale of food in Pennsylvania and surrounding states.
September 2013 - Weis Markets’ President and CEO David J. Hepfinger has left the company to pursue other interests. Company Vice Chairman Jonathan H. Weis replaces him as interim CEO.
Bryn Mawr Bank Corp, Bryn Mawr, PA
Bryn Mawr Bank Corporation operates as the holding company for The Bryn Mawr Trust Company that provides personal and business banking services.
May 2013 - Bryn Mawr Bank Corporation announced that Frederick C. Peters, II, its Chairman, CEO and President, has informed the board of directors of his intent to retire at or prior to the end of 2014. No Successor named yet.
Michael Baker Corporation, Allegheny County, PA
Michael Baker Corporation provides engineering services for public and private sector clients worldwide. The Company's operates in two segments: Transportation and Federal.
December 2012 - Michael Baker Corporation announced that, at the request of its Board of Directors, Bradley L. Mallory has stepped down as president and CEO and director of the Company. The Company has created an Office of the Chief Executive, composed of Michael J. Zugay, CFO, and H. James McKnight, chief legal officer, to lead the Company on an interim basis. Supporting this office will be an Operations Committee consisting of senior operating executives representing the Company's business segments. Korn/Ferry to assist Baker Board with CEO search.
Kirkland’s, Nashville, TN
Kirkland’s is a specialty retailer of home decor and gifts in the United States.
March 2013 - Kirkland's announced that Robert Alderson, the Company’s long-time President and CEO, has advised the Board of Directors of his intention to retire from the Company at the end of fiscal 2013, or approximately February 1, 2014.
TeamHealth Holdings, Knoxville, TN
TeamHealth is a provider of outsourced physician staffing solutions for hospitals in U.S.
January 2014 - Team Health Holdings’ CEO has decided to retire. The Company's Board will begin an executive search for a new CEO, while Roth will remain as CEO throughout the search process to manage an orderly transition in the leadership of the Company.
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Houston, TX
Diamond Offshore Drilling operates as an offshore oil and gas drilling contractor worldwide.
September 2013 - Lawrence R. Dickerson, President and CEO of Diamond Offshore Drilling , notified the Company of his retirement effective upon the appointment of his successor, which is expected to take place by March 31, 2014.
KBR, Houston, TX
KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company.
December 2013 - KBR announced that William P. "Bill" Utt will retire from his role as Chairman, President and CEO in 2014. The Board has formed a search committee to identify his successor.
UniPixel, The Woodlands, TX
UniPixel is a production-stage company delivering its Performance Engineered Film (PEF) to the display, touch screen and flexible electronics markets.
January 2014 - Following the resignation of longtime company President and CEO Reed Killion, the board of UniPixel has appointed its chairman, Bernard Marren, and director, Carl Yankowski, as interim co-president and co-CEO. The search process for a permanent replacement has begun.
Microsoft, Redmond, WA
Microsoft is engaged in developing, licensing and supporting a range of software products and services.
August 2013 - On August 21, 2013, Steven A. Ballmer, CEO notified the board of directors of Microsoft Corporation that he plans to retire within the next 12 months. Mr. Ballmer will continue to serve as CEO of the Company until his successor is appointed.
LivingSocial, Washington, DC
LivingSocial provides daily deals with discounts at local restaurants, bars, spas, and theaters in the United States and internationally.
January 2014 - LivingSocial, a daily deal coupon site that’s partially owned by Amazon.com, said co-founder and CEO Tim O’Shaughnessy is stepping down amid stagnant sales. He will remain CEO until the company finds a replacement in the first half of 2014.
MTR Gaming Group, Chester, WV
MTR Gaming Group owns and operates racetrack, gaming and hotel properties in West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.
April 2013 - Jeffrey J. Dahl has provided his notice of resignation from his position as President and CEO of MTR Gaming Group to pursue other business opportunities. Dahl has agreed to remain in his current position as the Board conducts its interview process for a new CEO. COO Joseph L. Billhimer adds on the role of Acting President.
Brady Corporation, Milwaukee, WI
Brady Corporation is a global manufacturer and marketer of complete identification solutions.
October 2013 - Brady announced the retirement of President and CEO Frank M. Jaehnert. Current SVP and CFO Thomas J. Felmer will replace him as Interim President and CEO.
BlackBerry, Waterloo, ON
BlackBerry Limited, formerly Research In Motion Limited, is a designer, manufacturer, and marketer of wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market.
November 2013 - BlackBerry announced that CEO Thorsten Heins will step down and the company is looking for a replacement. John S. Chen will act as interim CEO of BlackBerry. Chen will also be the executive chair of BlackBerry's board of directors
Vitran Corporation, Toronto, Ontario
Vitran provides freight surface transportation and related supply chain services in Canada and United States.
April 2013 - Vitran Corporation announced that its Board of Directors has appointed Bill Deluce, a current member of the Board, as interim President and CEO following the resignation of Rick Gaetz as President and CEO and a Director of the Company, effective immediately.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Burnaby, BC
Ritchie Bros. operates as an auctioneer of industrial equipment. The company operates from approximately 110 locations in 25 countries, including 44 auction sites worldwide.
October 2013 - Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers announced that CEO Peter Blake will step down in May 2014. Blake will remain as CEO, continuing to lead the company and the Board will initiate a search for his replacement.
Rockbridge Resources, Vancouver, BC
RockBridge Resources engages in the acquisition and development of oil and natural gas resource properties in Canada.
June 2013 - Canadian junior RockBridge Resources is in the hunt for a new boss after its president and chief executive quit. Mike O’Byrne is vacating the top seat “to focus on his own business endeavours” but will remain on the board, the Vancouver-based explorer said. Current director Stephen Mathiesen, a business lawyer and partner with Lang Michener, will step in on an interim basis.
Absolute Software, Vancouver, BC
Absolute Software is engaged in providing software solutions for the security and management of computers and mobile computing devices.
December 2013 - Absolute Software’s CEO .John Livingston has tendered his resignation as CEO and as a member of the Board of Directors. Errol Olsen, CFO, will serve as interim CEO while the Board conducts a search for a new CEO and Daniel Ryan will serve as Chairman of the Board
Nokia, ESPOO, Finland
Nokia Corporation is a Finnish multinational communications and information technology corporation that is headquartered in Espoo, Finland.
September 2013 - Nokia said its CEO, Stephen Elop, will move to Microsoft Corp when the deal to acquire Nokia's handset business is closed. Nokia board chairman Risto Siilasmaa will take over CEO duties while the Finnish firm is looking for a new CEO. Microsoft is working toward having the successor to CEO Steve Ballmer in place by the end of this year.
Deutsche Lufthansa AG, Koeln, Germany
Deutsche Lufthansa AG is a Germany-based aviation company with global operations and a total of more than 400 subsidiaries and associated companies.
September 2013 - Deutsche Lufthansa AG CEO Christoph Franz said he would leave the German airline in May 2014, after just three years in the post, compelling the company to find a successor midway through a bruising restructuring.
Domino’s Pizza Group plc, Milton Keynes, UK
Domino’s Pizza Group plc is a pizza delivery company and holds the master franchise to own, operate and franchise Domino's Pizza stores.
December 2013 - Domino's Pizza’s CEO Lance Batchelor would stand down next year. The group has opened the search for a new CEO.
Polyus Gold International Limited, London, UK
Open Joint Stock Company Polyus Gold, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the extraction, refining, and sale of gold.
November 2013 - Polyus Gold International Limited announces that Mr. Pavel Grachev, a member of the Board of Directors, has taken on the added responsibilities of Interim CEO of the Company until a successor is elected, and Mr. German Pikhoya has now resigned as CEO and Director of the Company with immediate effect.
Jet Airways (India) Limited, Mumbai, India
Jet Airways (India) Limited is a holding company. The Company is a scheduled airline with domestic and international operations.
January 2014 - Jet Airways announced that Gary Kenneth Toomey had resigned from his position as CEO of the airline with immediate effect. Toomey had joined the airline just six months ago on a three-year contract. CFO Ravishankar Gopalakrishnan will be the acting CEO until the board names a new chief.
Appointments cover the period December 17, 2013 through to January 16, 2014.
- Simmons First National Corporation: George A. Makris Jr. assumed the duties of Chairman and CEO, replacing J. Thomas May, who retired.
- Integrated Device Technology: IDT appoints Skyworks Solutions’ exec Greg Waters, 53, as President, CEO and board member.
- Hyundai Motor America: Hyundai Motor America’s president and CEO, John Krafcik, will be stepping down, replaced by the current EVP of sales, David Zuchowski.
- Halozyme Therapeutics: Onyx Pharmaceuticals’ EVP & CCO, Dr. Helen I. Torley, M.B., Ch.B, M.R.C.P. named President and CEO, replacing Gregory I. Frost, Ph.D.
- TTM Technologies: The printed circuit boards company appointed its President Thomas T. Edman as President and CEO.
- Incyte Corporation: Incyte announced that Herve Hoppenot, former President of Novartis Oncology, has been named President and CEO of Incyte.
- Carnival Corp.: Carnival Corp.'s CEO Micky Arison, 63, steps down after three decades at the helm of the world's largest cruise-ship company, remaining chairman, but being replaced as CEO by Arnold Donald, who has been on Carnival's board for 12 years.
- EarthLink: Rolla P. Huff retires as President and CEO, replaced by EVP and COO of Global Sales and Customer Operations for EMC, Joseph F. Eazor as the Company's new President and CEO.
- CF Industries Holdings: CF Industries Holdings has elected W. Anthony Will to the position of president and CEO, succeeding Stephen R. Wilson.
- WEX: Corporate card payment solutions firm WEX named its President Melissa D. Smith as president & CEO.
- Raytheon: Defense contractor Raytheon Co. announced CEO William H. Swanson will step down and will be replaced by COO Thomas A. Kennedy.
- Metabolix: Bioscience company Metabolix appointed Joseph Shaulson, previously EVP of Arch Chemicals, as its new president and CEO, succeeding Richard Eno.
- Masco: Masco Corporation elected Group President Keith J. Allman, 51, to succeed Timothy Wadhams as president and CEO.
- CyberOptics: Optical process control sensors and inspection systems company CyberOptics appointed board member Dr. Subodh Kulkarni as CEO and President, on retirement of Kathleen Iverson.
- Standex International: Standex International appoints David A. Dunbar, president of the Valves and Controls BU at Pentair, as president and CEO.
- First Niagara Financial Group: First Niagara Financial Group, the Buffalo-based bank that ranks among the 10 largest deposit takers in the Philadelphia region, named iCEO Gary Crosby as its new president and CEO.
- Select Medical Holdings: Select Medical Holdings appointed its President David S. Chernow as its President and CEO.
- Astec Industries: Group VP of the Asphalt Group BU, Benjamin G. Brock, 43, is now President & CEO.
- Ideal Power: Photovoltaic inverter developer Ideal Power appointed R. Daniel Brdar as the company’s new CEO and chairman, replacing founding CEO Paul Bundschuh who has been named president and chief commercial officer.
- GlobalSCAPE: Interim president, James Bindseil, has been promoted to president and CEO of the Internet software firm.
- BAE Systems, Inc: BAE Systems has appointed General Dynamics’ EVP Jerry DeMuro as President and CEO of the company’s US subsidiary.
- Star Scientific: Dietary supplements company Star Scientific’s CEO Jonnie R. Williams Sr. has stepped down, replaced by Michael Mullan, a doctor and CEO of the Roskamp Institute in Florida, a research facility.
- K12: Technology-based education company K12 appointed Exec Chair Nathaniel A. Davis as CEO, replacing Ronald J. Packard.
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation: The Foundation has selected Susan Desmond-Hellmann, M.D., M.P.H., current chancellor of the University of California, San Francisco, as its next CEO.
- PACCAR: PACCAR elected President Ronald E. Armstrong as CEO, replacing and Mark C. Pigott who becomes executive chairman.
- Expeditors International of Washington: The logistics services company elected EVP and CIO Jeffrey S. Musser, 47, as Director, President and CEO to succeed Peter J. Rose, 70.
- Red Lion Hotels Corporation: Hospitality industry veteran Greg Mount has been appointed President and CEO, succeeding James P. Evans, iCEO since August 2013
- Joy Global: Mining equipment firm Joy Global appointed Edward (Ted) L. Doheny, II, as President and CEO, succeeding Michael W. Sutherlin, who retires.
- SMTC Corporation: SMTC appoints Sushil Dhiman, a respected and accomplished executive with over 25 years of experience in the EMS industry, as President & CEO.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd: Teva chose board member Erez Vigodman to run the world’s biggest generic-drug maker.
- Informa: Peter Rigby has retired from his role as CEO of Informa. His successor as CEO is Stephen Carter, who became CEO-designate in the Autumn, having left Alcatel Lucent where he was president/MD EMEA and group director of strategy, marketing and communications.
- JCB: British construction equipment manufacturer JCB’s CEO Alan Blake is retiring, with CEO Designate Graeme Macdonald taking over as CEO.
- Hitachi: Japan-based Hitachi Ltd. said that President Hiroaki Nakanishi will become CEO and chairman as of April 1. He will also hold the title of COO.
- Deutsche Telekom: Timotheus Hottges, current CFO of Deutsche Telekom, will succeed Rene Obermann as CEO.
- Kosmos Energy: Bermuda based oil exploration and production company Kosmos Energy has appointed former BP exec Andrew (Andy) G. Inglis as chairman and CEO.
- Helen of Troy: The Bermuda based consumer products company has appointed Julien R. Mininberg, 49, President of its Healthcare/Home Environment segment as CEO, succeeding Gerald J. Rubin, 70.
- Acer: Acer appoints Jason Chen, an executive at Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), as the PC vendor's corporate president and CEO.