The tech functions we cover in this newsletter are: EVP, Tech and Ops, CIO, CTO, Chief Digital Officer, Chief Product Officer (Product development and engineering), Data Science, Data Chiefs, Data Analytics chiefs (tech data analytics chiefs), Security, Privacy Chiefs, Blockchain chiefs.
Geographic Distribution of Open & Closed Tech Roles
In this Edition
- Open Tech Function Roles - North America by Function
- Open Tech Function Roles - Rest of World by Function
- Tech Function Appointments - North America by Function
- Tech Function Appointments - Rest of World by Function
- Vell Executive Search Representative Placements
- About Vell Executive Search
Hope you enjoy this newsletter and find it useful. Suggestions and corrections are most welcomed and appreciated.
Thanks again and all the best,
Vell Executive Search is a retained executive search firm that specializes in recruiting technology execs for boards and executive roles, including Board Members, CEOs, Presidents, GMs, CTOs/Chief Digital Officers/VP Engineering, as well as tech executives and board members for the technology industry. Vell has built a reputation for recruiting talented high-performing leadership teams globally. www.vell.com.
Open Technology Roles
- AutoNation, FL, Jan 2019 - EVP and CTO, Tom Conophy, left the Company amid restructuring. The restructuring comes as analysts forecast a dip in U.S. vehicle sales this year. New vehicle sales in the United States are expected to drop as higher interest rates and rising prices could prompt customers to hold off their car-buying plans, the National Automobile Dealers Association said. AutoNation, through its subsidiaries, operates as an automotive retailer in the United States.
- Canadian National Railway Company, ON, Canada, Nov 2019 - CN announced that Michael Foster, EVP and chief information and technology officer is leaving the company for personal reasons, moving back to the United States, to be close to where his family is located and to pursue other career opportunities. The company has announced that Rob Reilly, EVP & COO, will assume interim responsibility for the company’s Information and Technology function, while the company carries out a global search for a chief information and technology officer.
- DICK'S Sporting Goods, PA, Sep 2019 - On August 27, 2019, Paul Gaffney informed Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. (the Company), that he is resigning as the Company's EVP - CTO. DICK'S Sporting Goods operates as a sporting goods retailer primarily in the eastern United States.
- Wayfair, MA - Wayfair announced that John Mulliken, CTO, retired from the company in 2019. With Mulliken’s planned departure, current Wayfair board member and former Google executive Jim Miller is serving as interim CTO while Wayfair conducts an external search.
- Bloomin' Brands, FL, Jan 2020 - Bloomin’ Brands announced that Donagh M. Herlihy, EVP/CIO, will leave the Company this month.
- Black Hills Corporation, SD, Mar 2020 - Scott A. Buchholz, SVP & CIO, of Black Hills Corporation, will retire after 40 years of service. Mr. Buchholz intends to remain with the company until his successor is appointed and through the first half of 2021. Black Hills Corporation operates as an electric and natural gas utility company.
- Maxim Integrated, CA, Feb 2020 - Maxim Integrated is looking for a CIO to lead the IT organization.
- National Vision Holdings, GA, Sep 2019 - John Vaught, SVP, CIO of National Vision Holdings, notified the company of his intent to retire from his CIO position after 14 years of service to the company. Mr. Vaught's retirement will be effective on a date to be mutually agreed, but no earlier than March 2020. National Vision Holdings operates as an optical retailer primarily in the United States.
- The Hillman Group, OH, Nov 2019 - Zachary J. Sherburne, the CIO of The Hillman Group, and The Hillman Companies, left the Companies.
- StarTek, CO, Feb 2020 - Wayne White resigned as the Global CIO of StarTek. No replacement announced yet.
- HealthEquity, UT, Dec 2019 - Ashley Dreier voluntarily resigned as the EVP, CTO and CIO of HealthEquity, in order to spend more time with family. Ms. Dreier will continue to serve as the Company’s EVP, CTO and CIO until the effective date of her resignation while the Company searches for a new individual or individuals to take over her role.
- Academy of Art University, AR, Jan 2020 - The University is seeking to immediately hire a CIO. The CIO will serve as a senior executive level leader providing technology vision and leadership in the development, implementation and management of the Academy of Art University’s Information Technology team.
- Siemens, VA, Feb 2020 - Siemens Government Technologies, a Federally-compliant U.S. organization that delivers to the Federal Government the full spectrum of Siemens’ globally trusted and recognized solutions, is looking for a CIO, who will report to the CEO.
- Lennar Homes, FL, Feb 2020 - Lennar Homes is looking for a CIO to lead the IT organization.
- IAG Aero Group, FL, Mar 2020 - The group is seeking a CIO to be responsible for developing and governing data and information strategy in order to drive business decisions and growth.
- Meruelo Group, CA, Feb 2020 - The company is seeking a CIO who will be responsible for the ongoing processing, maintenance and future technological direction of Meruelo Group. Strategic consulting and business support services company.
- CPI Security, NC, Feb 2020 - CPI Security is looking for an innovative CIO who will drive the processes of aligning marketing efforts to the company’s strategic goals while implementing and executing plans to meet company objectives. CPI Security delivers premier, tailor-made home security equipment and services.
- Gibbs & Cox, VA, Feb 2020 - The ne CIO will provide executive leadership and oversight of the full spectrum of corporate IT infrastructure, security, services, people, and processes. Leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firm.
- Avidia Bank, MA, Feb 2020 - The bank is seeking a CIO who will provide strategic vision for the delivery of all operational IT services, ensuring that IT infrastructure supports the achievement of the banks strategic goals.
CTO - Tech Product Roles
- Grubhub, IL, Mar 2020 - Maria Belousova informed Grubhub of her intent to resign as CTO. Ms. Belousova intends to start a business that is not related to the online food ordering or delivery business. Grubhub provides an online and mobile platform for restaurant pick-up and delivery orders.
- Nutanix, CA, Jun 2019 - Sunil Potti notified Nutanix that he will resign from his position as the Company’s Chief Product and Development Officer to join Google. Unsure if the role is open. Brian Stephens, until recently the CTO of Google Cloud, has joined the Nutanix board.
- Haemonetics Corporation, MA, Mar 2020 - Said Bolorforosh, EVP/CTO, will leave Haemonetics Corporation. Haemonetics Corporation, a healthcare company, provides hematology products and solutions.
- Progress Software Corporation, MA, Oct 2019 - Progress Software Corporation and Dmitri Tcherevik, CTO of the company, agreed that Mr. Tcherevik would terminate his employment.
- ConXtech, CA, Aug 2019 - ConXtech announced that Robert "Bob" Simmons, ConXtech's co-founder, will be stepping down as CTO and chairman of the board. Simmons will continue to serve as a board member of the company and will continue to support the company in this capacity. ConXtech operates as a construction technology company.
- Globalive Technology, ON, Canada, April 2019 - Globalive Technology announced that CTO Bhavin Shah has departed from the company to pursue other opportunities. Globalive Technology develops blockchain and artificial intelligence technologies, with the goal of commercializing artificial intelligence and blockchain.
- Havenly, CO, Nov 2019 - Online interior design firm Havenly is seeking a CTO. The CTO will lead the technology team and continue to build, improve, and innovate on the applications that run the business and create the most delightful experiences for customers.
- Rogue Games, CA, Jan 2020 - Rogue Games is seeking a CTO to join the company. Reporting directly to the CEO, the CTO will lead all of the engineering efforts. Rogue is a leading games publisher.
- Lumint Corporation, MA, Feb 2020 - Lumint is looking for a CTO who can provide leadership and operational management to bolster the scale, flexibility, and reliability of the software and guide the technical design of new offerings. Independent provider of outsourced currency management.
Digital Transformation Roles
- Nucor Corporation, NC, April 2019 - Nucor Corporation announced that Chief Digital Officer and EVP, R. Joseph Stratman, retired after more than 29 years of service with the company. Nucor Corporation manufactures and sells steel and steel products in the United States and internationally.
- ERPi, VA, Feb 2020 - ERPi is currently seeking an experienced Chief Digital Officer (CDO) to serve as ERPi's leader of our Digital Services. Professional services ﬁrm that delivers strategic, advisory, technological, and implementation support services to Federal Agencies.
Data/Data Science Roles
- SAIC, VA, Jan 2020 - The new VP, Chief Data Officer will be the senior executive who bears responsibility on behalf of an enterprise to foster value creation from the use of the organization's data assets, as well as the external data ecosystem.
- Lam Research, CA, Oct 2019 - Lam Research is seeking a VP, CISO who will be the executive accountable for the security of Lam’s information systems.
- CIBC, IL, Oct 2019 - CIBC is seeking a CISO for the US Region, responsible for establishing and maintaining a Region-wide information security management program to ensure that information assets and employees are adequately protected. CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 10 million personal banking, business, public sector and institutional clients.
- Red Ventures, NC, Jan 2020 - The new CISO will be the leader and core collaborator between the needs of the business and the security solutions that strategically protect assets. Red Ventures is a portfolio of digital companies that brings consumers and brands together through powerful, customized online experiences.
Rest of the World
Open Tech Chief Roles
- BHP Group, Australia, Dec 2019 - BHP Group announced resignation of Diane Jurgens as CTO in early 2020. After 14 years abroad, Ms. Jurgens has decided to move back to the United States to pursue other opportunities and to be closer to her family. Rag Udd, currently VP Technology Global Transformation, has been appointed Acting CTO.
- Suncorp Group, Australia, Mar 2020 - Suncorp announced that CIO Sarah Harland will leave the Group. Darren Abbruzzese, Suncorp's Executive GM Digital, Labs & Insurance Technology, will act as CIO while Suncorp searches for a permanent replacement. Suncorp Group provides insurance, banking, and wealth products and services to retail, corporate, and commercial sectors in Australia and New Zealand.
- Scandic Hotels Group AB, Sweden, Mar 2020 - Ann Hellenius, CIO, has announced that she will leave Scandic for another position outside of the company. Scandic has initiated the process of finding a replacement. Scandic Hotels Group AB operates and franchises hotels in Sweden, Norway, Finland, and other European Countries.
- HM Revenue & Customs
CTO - Tech Product Roles
- Ainsworth Game Technology Limited, Australia, Oct 2019 - Australian slot machine developer Ainsworth Game Technology says it has begun a restructuring of its product development area as it looks to increase domestic market share. The restructuring of its product development area is currently underway with the goal of creating and delivering new offerings. Meanwhile, the company announced the resignation of Mr. Kieran Power, CTO.
Tech Chief Appointments in North America
- The Boeing Company, IL - Susan Doniz, 50, named CIO and SVP of IT & Data Analytics. She will succeed Vishwa Uddanwadiker, who has served in an interim capacity since October 2019. Doniz will report to Boeing President and CEO David Calhoun. She joins from Qantas Group, where she has was Group CIO.
- Mondelez International, IL - Mondelez International has named Javier Polit as CIO. Most recently CIO of The Procter & Gamble Company.
- DXC Technology Company, VA - Chris Drumgoole has been named EVP and CIO. As CIO at GE, Drumgoole led the company’s global technology operations, including applications, infrastructure and related shared services.
- California Physicians' Service, CA - Blue Shield of California has appointed Lisa Davis as the nonprofit health plan's CIO. Davis, who most recently held the position of VP and general manager at Intel, will be tasked with creating a progressive approach to cloud computing, security and data analytics.
- General Mills, MN - Jaime Montemayor hired as Chief Digital & Technology Officer reporting to Chairman and CEO, Jeff Harmening. In this newly created role, Montemayor will have oversight of the IT and Technology Solutions teams. Montemayor joins General Mills from 7-Eleven where he was CTO.
- Discover Financial Services, IL - Amir Arooni has been named Discover’s new CIO responsible for Discover Financial Services’s technology organization. Arooni, 55, currently is CIO for NN Group in the Netherlands, which was spun off by ING in 2014.
- The Blackstone Group, NY - Blackstone announced that John Stecher, formerly Group CTO and Group Chief Innovation Officer at Barclays, will join the firm as CTO.
- Ally Financial, MI - Sathish Muthukrishnan, joined as Ally’s CIO. He will report to the CEO Jeffrey Brown. Former Chief Digital & Information Officer, Interim CTO, Honeywell Aerospace.
- Marriott International, MD - Marriott International appointed Jim Scholefield as Chief Information and Digital Officer (CIDO). Most recently, Scholefield was Chief Information and Digital Officer at Merck & Co.
- Flowers Foods, GA - Mark Chaffin has been named CIO. Chaffin, who has served as Flowers' interim CIO since September 2019, is responsible for Flowers' IT strategy and operations, reporting to R. Steve Kinsey, Flowers Foods' CFO and chief administrative officer. Flowers Foods produces and markets packaged bakery products.
- The Hillman Group, OH - The Hillman Companies and The Hillman Group appointed Steve Brunker as CIO. Mr. Brunker joins Hillman after serving as VP and CIO of LSI Industries.
- Tradeweb Markets, NY - Tradeweb Markets announced Justin Peterson will become its new CTO. Currently holds the role of Managing Director, Head of Institutional Technology. Tradeweb Markets builds and operates electronic marketplaces.
- Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines, IA - Kevin Larkin will become the new CIO at the Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines. Most recently, Larkin served as VP, MD, IT operations at Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago.
- Apollo Medical Holdings, CA - Apollo Medical Holdings appointed interim CTO Brandon Sim as its permanent CTO.
- IMAX Corporation, ON, Canada - IMAX named Pablo Calamera as its new EVP & CTO, replacing Brian Bonnick as he retires. Calamera joins from video platform JW Player, where he served as CTO. He will report directly to Richard Gelfond, CEO of IMAX. IMAX Corporation operates as an entertainment technology company that specializes in motion picture technologies worldwide.
- International Money Express, FL - Max Leiva has joined the company as its CIO, reporting directly to Intermex COO Joseph Aguilar. Mr. Leiva joins the firm from SES where he was focused on building innovative digital Satellite solutions to create revenue growth in the U.S. and Latin American regions. International Money Express operates as a money remittance services company.
- Zafin Global Holdings Corp., ON, Canada - Venkataraman Balasubramanian (Bala) joined as EVP and CTO. Most recently, Bala worked as CTO of banking & capital markets for DXC Technology. Zafin develops and offers digital banking solutions that drive dynamic pricing, bundling, and rates management execution for banks.
- Northpointe Bank, MI - Northpointe Bank announced that John Scattergood will join the company as SVP and CIO. Most recently, Scattergood was principal of JJS CIO Advisors, and also held leadership roles at Freedom Mortgage Corporation, JPMorgan Chase, American Home Mortgage Servicing, and Bear Stearns /Hudson Global Advisors. Northpointe Bank (Grand Rapids, MI) provides banking financial products and services for individuals and businesses.
- Founder Sport Group, NC - Mike Seferyn has joined the company as CIO. Seferyn joins from Dollar Tree, where he served as Divisional CIO and led IT strategy, service delivery, and project delivery for the Family Dollar brand, a $10B chain of over 8,000 stores. Founder Sport Group manufactures and supplies team uniforms and performance athletic wear for youth and adult athletes, fans and supporters, and corporate team members in the United States.
- Billtrust, NJ - Billtrust announced Joe Eng as CIO. Most recently, Joe served as CIO for TravelClick where he drove technology innovation for the hotel solutions provider. Previously, Joe was CIO at JetBlue Airways. Billtrust provides payment cycle management and automated invoice-to-cash solutions for businesses and customers.
- Computer Design and Integration, NY - George Gosselin promoted to CIO. Gosselin joined CDI in May 2000 and was named CTO in May 2010. Computer Design and Integration LLC architects, deploys, and manages hybrid IT solutions that include IT, public, private, and hybrid clouds.
- OptimizeRx Corporation, MI - OptimizeRx Corp. appointed Todd Inman as CTO. Since joining OptimizeRx in January 2019 as VP of Technology, he has led the company’s technology innovation teams in the U.S., Europe and Israel. OptimizeRx Corporation provides digital health messaging services for pharmaceutical companies to communicate with healthcare providers.
- Flipp Corporation, ON, Canada - Rick Neuman has been named the company's first ever Chief Technology and Product Officer, reporting directly to Flipp's CEO. Neuman previously held the role of CTO, Walmart Canada before moving onto Walmart International, where he most recently held the title of VP Technology Strategy. Flipp Corporation develops and operates retail management technology platform for retailers.
- ClosingCorp, CA - Dan Mugge has rejoined the company as CTO. Prior to rejoining ClosingCorp, Mugge was the SVP of Lending Solutions Product Management for Black Knight, where he was responsible for the strategic planning, development and promotion of Black Knight’s API marketplace platform. ClosingCorp provides residential real estate closing cost data and technologies for mortgage lenders, title and settlement agents, real estate agents, real estate service providers, and home buyers and sellers.
- Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, GA - Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. announced its CIO, Sheryl Bunton, has been promoted to SVP. Since joining Gulfstream in 2015, Bunton has established and delivered companywide technology solutions and digital transformation strategies. Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services, and supports business-jet aircraft for customers in the United States and internationally.
- Web.com Group, FL - Web.com Group appointed Michael Bouchet as CIO. Most recently SVP of Cloud and Infrastructure at One Call Care Management. Bouchet will report to Web.com Group CEO Sharon Rowlands. Web.com Group provides a range of Internet services to small businesses in North America, South America, and the United Kingdom.
- Gladiator HoldCo, VA - Dan Kieny has joined as CTO. He assumes the role from Martin J. Miner, who is retiring after more than three decades in the industry. Mr. Kieny previously spent 12 years at MWH Global as the firm's Global IT Director and Global Innovation Director before serving four years at Black & Veatch as SVP and Global CIO. Gladiator HoldCo provides technology solutions for the intelligence community.
CTO - Tech Product Appointments
- Lyft, CA - EVP and Chief Product Officer Ran Makavy appointed EVP, Strategic Initiatives. Eisar Lipkovitz, Lyft’s EVP, Engineering will assume the majority of Mr. Makavy’s responsibilities, appointed as EVP, Rideshare & Engineering. Lyft operates a peer-to-peer marketplace for on-demand ridesharing.
- Shutterfly, CA - Shutterfly appointed Moudy Elbayadi as SVP and CTO. Most recently, Moudy was SVP of Product & Technology for Brain Corp.
- Overstock.com, UT - Overstock.com appointed Joel Weight as CTO for its leading retail shopping site. Most recently serving as Chief Operations Officer at Medici Ventures, Overstock’s wholly owned subsidiary and blockchain accelerator. Joel was previously the CTO of Medici Ventures.
- Vivint Smart Home, UT - The company appointed JT Hwang as CTO, responsible for leading the Vivint Innovation Center, which encompasses all of the company’s technology and product operations. Hwang joined Vivint in 2008 and previously served as the company’s chief engineering officer and was the key architect of Vivint’s cloud infrastructure. Jeremy Warren, CTO, is leaving to pursue other opportunities. Vivint Smart Home provides smart home and security systems.
- Gentherm, MI - Matt Fisch will join as SVP and CTO. He comes to Gentherm from Verifone, where he was the EVP of Global R&D. Gentherm designs, develops, manufactures, and markets thermal management technologies.
- Shutterstock, NY - Avi Muchnick joined as Chief Product Officer. Muchnick was most recently the CPO at Shapeways, a 3D printing fulfillment platform and marketplace. Prior to that, he was Director of Products at Adobe where he led the company's long-term product vision and third-party platform strategy for Adobe's Creative SDK.
- CrowdStrike Holdings, CA - CrowdStrike appointed Michael Sentonas as the company’s new CTO. Sentonas, who most recently served as the VP of technology strategy at the company, is replacing Dmitri Alperovitch, who has transitioned out of the company. CrowdStrike Holdings develops security solutions.
- HealthEquity, UT - Rebecca Whitehead, currently SVP of Technology Development, promoted as the Company’s CTO. HealthEquity provides various solutions for managing health care accounts, health reimbursement arrangements, and flexible spending accounts for health plans, insurance companies, and third-party administrators.
- Nortek Security & Control, CA - Nortek Security & Control has named Darren Learmonth as CTO. Before joining NSC, Learmonth was a CTO at Assa Abloy. Nortek Security & Control provides wired and wireless security and control systems for residential and commercial security markets.
- Inseego Corp., CA - Rick Carpenter joins as SVP of Engineering. Before joining Inseego, Carpenter held multiple leadership roles including General Manager and Head of Engineering at Capsule Technologies (formerly Qualcomm Life). Inseego engages in the design and development of mobile, Internet of Things (IoT), and cloud solutions for large enterprise verticals, service providers, and small and medium-sized businesses worldwide.
- Fastly, CA - Fastly has appointed Nick Rockwell as SVP of Engineering. Previously, Rockwell served as CTO at The New York Times. Fastly has appointed Laura Thomson as VP of Engineering. Thomson comes from Mozilla. Fastly operates an edge cloud platform for processing, serving, and securing its customer’s applications.
- Workfront, UT - David Burggraaf has been appointed as CTO. Before joining Workfront, Burggraaf was SVP of engineering at Instructure. Workfront develops cloud-based enterprise work management solutions that help marketing, IT, and other enterprise teams conquer the chaos of excessive email, redundant status meetings, and disconnected tools.
- Optimizely, CA - Lawrence Bruhmuller joined as CTO. Successfully led engineering teams previously at WeWork, Clearslide, and Symantec. Optimizely operates a website optimization platform that provides A/B testing, multivariate testing, and website personalization for individuals and organizations with and without technical expertise.
- Velodyne Lidar, CA - Velodyne Lidar announced Mathew Rekow as its new CTO. Rekow was previously a Senior Director of Optical Engineering at Velodyne. Velodyne Lidar develops and manufactures light detection and ranging sensors.
- Rekor Systems, MD - Christopher Kadoch appointed as its CTO. Kadoch is an artificial intelligence and video analytics solution and applications expert with more than 20 years' experience building AI applications within various business and technology markets. Rekor Systems, through its subsidiary, Rekor Recognition Systems, provides artificial intelligence and machine-learning enabled automated license plate recognition (ALPR) systems.
- R2Integrated, MD - R2integrated hired former Oracle customer experience executive, Michael Paige, as CTO. R2Integrated provides digital marketing solutions.
- Datacor, NJ - Datacor appointed Doug Salas as CTO, a newly created role for the company. Doug joins Datacor from Rev360, where he served as SVP of Engineering. Datacor develops and markets business management software for process manufacturers and chemical distributors.
- Cyber Group, TX - Sankalp Shastri promoted from SVP to CTO. In his new role as CTO, Sankalp will be responsible for creating a technical center of excellence by building up other key employees in the company. Cyber Group provides phase zero consulting, cloud and customer relationship management, data analytics, software quality, and web and mobile development services.
- AliveCor, CA - Siva Somayajula appointed as its CTO. In his new capacity at AliveCor, Somayajula will oversee all hardware, software, and artificial intelligence engineering, and will lead the development and build out of AliveCor's global ECG platform. He will also lead the creation of a suite of valuable new products and services for both consumer and enterprise customers. Somayajula joins AliveCor from Amazon and will report directly to CEO Priya Abani. AliveCor develops medical grade EKG recorders, clinical grade wearable EKG bands, and heart monitor accessories.
- Reltio, CA - Satish Ramakrishnan joins as EVP of Engineering. Former VP of Technology Outreach, CableLabs and Chief Innovation Officer, UpRamp at CableLabs. Reltio develops and delivers cloud based enterprise data-driven applications and modern data management (MDM) solutions.
- Jvion, GA - Eric Schrock joined as CTO. Former CTO and VP of Engineering of Delphix. Jvion, a healthcare technology company, develops software to predict and prevent patient-level diseases and financial losses.
- Concord Technologies, WA - Christopher Larkin joined as CTO. Former CTO for Elsevier Health Markets. Concord Technologies provides IP fax services for businesses.
- Effective Health Systems, CA - Chris Costantino appointed as CTO. Costantino joined the EHS team in 2015 as a Solutions & Data Architect. Effective Health Systems. specializes in Web-based applications to improve workflows and add value to services provided by the health care community.
- Malwarebytes, CA - Malwarebytes hired Adam Hyder as its new SVP of Engineering. Prior to Malwarebytes, Hyder was EVP of Engineering at BlueJeans Network. Malwarebytes develops malware prevention and remediation solutions to consumers, and SMBs and enterprise businesses worldwide.
- UiPath, NY - Ted Kummert is joining as EVP of Products & Engineering. Kummert joins UiPath most recently from the Madrona Venture Group, where he was Venture Partner and Chief Product Officer in Residence. Madrona is an investor in UiPath. UiPath designs and develops enterprise robotic process automation software.
- Lightspeed Systems, TX - Learie Hercules appointed as VP of Data & Analytics. Most recently, he served as the VP Product Development at Global Traffic Technologies. Lightspeed Systems develops network security and management software solutions for the education market.
- The Dun & Bradstreet Corporation, NJ - Dun & Bradstreet appointed Gary Kotovets as its Chief Data Officer. He will report to Stephen C. Daffron, president. Kotovets joins Dun & Bradstreet from Bloomberg L.P. where he last served as Global Head of Data Acquisition and Management. The Dun & Bradstreet Corporation provides commercial data, analytics, and insights for businesses worldwide.
Security Chiefs/ CISOs
- Standard Insurance Company, OR - Laxman Prakash has been promoted to CISO. He joined The Standard in 2011 as director of Information Security and Business Continuity and focused on strengthening the company’s information security organization. In 2017, he was promoted to second VP of Information Security.
- Twilio, CA - Steve Pugh joined the company as its chief security officer to lead the company’s global trust and security team responsible for corporate, physical and cyber security. Pugh is the former CISO of the White House Military Office and CISO for Ionic Security. Twilio provides a cloud communications platform that enables developers to build, scale, and operate communications within software applications.
- Sauce Labs, CA - Sauce Labs appointed Justin Dolly as chief security officer. Most recently, Dolly was the COO & Chief Security Officer at SecureAuth. Sauce Labs provides cloud-based testing for mobile and web applications.
- Deltek, VA - Deltek announced that it has appointed Caleb Merriman as CISO. He joins Deltek from Guidewire Software where he managed the company's enterprise security program. Deltek provides enterprise software and information solutions for project-based businesses in the professional services and government contracting markets worldwide.
- TikTok, CA - TikTok announced that cyber security expert and industry veteran Roland Cloutier will join the company as CISO, reporting to company head Alex Zhu. Cloutier joins TikTok from ADP where he also served as Chief Security Officer. TikTok operates a social media platform for creating and sharing short videos.
Others of Note
- TransUnion, IL - TransUnion announced that Akshay Kumar joined the company as EVP, Global Technology Architecture & Strategy. Kumar reports directly to Abhi Dhar, TransUnion’s Chief Information and Technology Officer. Kumar joins TransUnion from Discover Financial Services, where he was Chief Data Officer.
- Okta, CA - Craig Weissman joined as Chief Architect. Former CTO at Salesforce before co-founding cloud hospitality provider, Duetto. Okta provides identity solutions for enterprises, small and medium-sized businesses, universities, non-profits, and government agencies.
- Ping Identity Holding Corp., CO - Patrick Harding named as the company’s Chief Product Architect. Harding returns to Ping Identity after two years of advisory and consulting work in the blockchain and identity space, including work at Hedera Hashgraph where he advised on applicable decentralized identity use cases. From 2005 to 2018, Harding served as Ping’s original CTO and has been a trusted advisor over the past two years. Ping Identity provides intelligent identity solutions.
Rest of the World
Tech Chief Appointments
- SAS AB, Sweden - Charlotte Svensson appointed as SAS new CIO. Svensson will succeed Mattias Forsberg. She is former head of Postnord’s Communication Services and CIO and CDO at Bonnier News and CTO of Bonnier Group.
- InterContinental Hotels Group Plc, United Kingdom - IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group) appointed Daniel Blanchard as CTO. Previously, Blanchard served as the VP, IT Infrastructure and Reliability at Delta Air Lines.
- ComfortDelGro Corporation, Singapore - ComfortDelGro Corp. has appointed Ms. Siew Yim Cheng as group chief digital officer. Previously a global VP with Chinese energy start-up Envision Digital.
- Sony Pictures Networks India, India - Sony Pictures Networks India, has appointed Raj Mohan Srinivasan as CIO for the network. With over three decades of global experience across organizations such as IBM, Oracle and an entrepreneurial venture, Raj Mohans expertise lies in business and IT strategy, leading business transformation, strategic execution with a deep market focus and financial acumen.
- Net 1 UEPS Technologies, South Africa - Net 1 UEPS Technologies named Yasvanth Singh and Keith Kourie as CIOs of the group. Yasvanth Singh will be responsible for the development and innovation of the UEPS/EMV payment system and related technologies with a focus on South Africa and Africa. Keith Kourie will be responsible for the blockchain, cryptography and digital banking technologies with a focus on European markets. Both 15-year veterans of Net1 and have played an integral role in the innovation that utilizes the group’s core strengths in secure, affordable and innovative financial technology solutions. Net 1 UEPS Technologies provides transaction processing services, financial inclusion products and services, and secure payment technologies.
- Cloudcall Group Plc, United Kingdom - Paul Clark appointed as CTO. A highly capable technical and product leader with over 20 years of experience, Paul joins CloudCall from Tandem Bank where he is currently CTO. Cloudcall Group Plc, a software company, designs, develops, and operates integrated communications services for customer relationship management systems.
CTO - Tech Product Appointments
- BAE Systems Plc, United Kingdom - BAE Systems has named Dr. Ravi Ravichandran as VP and CTO for the company's Intelligence Security sector.
- Paysafe Group, United Kingdom - Paysafe hired Sujit Unni as CTO. He had been with Barclays Plc. In the role, Unni will be responsible for driving the technology strategy and the design and architecture of Paysafe's end to end technology landscape. Paysafe Group Limited was acquired by provides online processing of debit, credit card, and alternative payment to businesses and individuals in North America, Europe, and internationally.
- HEINEKEN N.V., Netherlands - Ronald den Elzen will join as HEINEKEN's first Chief Digital and Technology Officer. Most recently, Programme Director Data Driven Transformation, for the company. Earlier he was Managing Director of HEINEKEN USA.
- FLSmidth & Co., Denmark - Finnish digitalization specialist Mikko Tepponen joined as new Chief Digital Officer from Wärtsilä. FLSmidth supplies engineering, equipment, and services to the cement and mining industries.
- ComfortDelGro Corporation, Singapore - ComfortDelGro Corp. has appointed Ms. Siew Yim Cheng as group chief digital officer. Previously a global VP with Chinese energy start-up Envision Digital.
Recent Vell Placements
For Specific bios and announcements, please refer to our Website - www.vell.com
Carbonite (CARB), Online Backup for SMB (SaaS) - Board Members (2)
CEOs/ Presidents/ GMs
CTOs/ Engineering/ CIOs/CISOs
About Vell Executive Search
- Deep tech industry retained search experience
- More dedicated time as consultants have few parallel projects.
- Thorough understanding of your company’s business and culture
- Behavioral interviews and competency scorecards.
- Constant two-way, direct communication and 24 /7 availability.
- Insightful and detailed reference checking
- Broad reach of candidates: no hidden relationships. No off-limits.
- Analytics based search process.
Boston, MA 02110