The tech functions we cover in this newsletter are: EVP, Tech and Ops, CIO, CTO, Chief Digital Officer, Chief Product Officer (Product development and engineering), Data Science, Data Chiefs, Data Analytics chiefs (tech data analytics chiefs), Security, Privacy Chiefs, Blockchain chiefs.
Geographic Distribution of Open & Closed Tech Roles
In this Edition
- Open Tech Function Roles - North America by Function
- Open Tech Function Roles - Rest of World by Function
- Tech Function Appointments - North America by Function
- Tech Function Appointments - Rest of World by Function
- Vell Executive Search Representative Placements
- About Vell Executive Search
Hope you enjoy this newsletter and find it useful. Suggestions and corrections are most welcomed and appreciated.
Thanks again and all the best,
Vell Executive Search is a retained executive search firm that specializes in recruiting technology execs for boards and executive roles, including Board Members, CEOs, Presidents, GMs, CTOs/Chief Digital Officers/VP Engineering, as well as tech executives and board members for the technology industry. Vell has built a reputation for recruiting talented high-performing leadership teams globally. www.vell.com.
Open Technology Roles
- Mitsubishi Corporation, TN, Oct 2019 - The company is seeking a CIO, to oversee Mitsubishi's IT strategies and systems to ensure they support the company goals. Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) is Japan's largest general trading company (sogo shosha) with over 200 bases of operations in approximately 80 countries worldwide.
- AutoNation, FL, Jan 2019 - EVP and CTO, Tom Conophy, left the Company amid restructuring. The restructuring comes as analysts forecast a dip in U.S. vehicle sales this year. New vehicle sales in the United States are expected to drop as higher interest rates and rising prices could prompt customers to hold off their car-buying plans, the National Automobile Dealers Association said. AutoNation, through its subsidiaries, operates as an automotive retailer in the United States.
- Canadian National Railway Company, ON, Canada, Nov 2019 - CN announced that Michael Foster, EVP and chief information and technology officer is leaving the company for personal reasons, moving back to the United States, to be close to where his family is located and to pursue other career opportunities. The company has announced that Rob Reilly, EVP & COO, will assume interim responsibility for the company’s Information and Technology function, while the company carries out a global search for a chief information and technology officer.
- DICK'S Sporting Goods, PA, Sep 2019 - On August 27, 2019, Paul Gaffney informed Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. (the Company), that he is resigning as the Company's EVP - CTO. DICK'S Sporting Goods operates as a sporting goods retailer primarily in the eastern United States.
- Bloomin' Brands, FL, Jan 2020 - Bloomin’ Brands announced that Donagh M. Herlihy, EVP/CIO, will leave the Company this month.
- Shutterfly, CA, Aug 2019 - Satish Menon notified Shutterfly of his decision to resign as SVP and CTO. It is expected that Dr. Menon will continue to perform his duties as CTO until that date. Shutterfly manufactures and retails personalized products.
- National Vision Holdings, GA, Sep 2019 - John Vaught, SVP, CIO of National Vision Holdings, notified the company of his intent to retire from his CIO position after 14 years of service to the company. Mr. Vaught's retirement will be effective on a date to be mutually agreed, but no earlier than March 2020. National Vision Holdings operates as an optical retailer primarily in the United States.
- The Hillman Group, OH, Nov 2019 - Zachary J. Sherburne, the CIO of The Hillman Group, and The Hillman Companies, left the Companies.
- Apollo Medical Holdings, CA, Sep 2019 - Apollo Medical Holdings appointed Brandon Sim as its Interim CTO. In this role, Mr. Sim will be responsible for overseeing all technology aspects of the Company, including information technology, data management, software engineering, and electronic data interchange functions. Prior to joining ApolloMed, Mr. Sim served as Quantitative Researcher at Citadel Securities since 2015.
- HealthEquity, UT, Dec 2019 - Ashley Dreier voluntarily resigned as the EVP, CTO and CIO of HealthEquity, in order to spend more time with family. Ms. Dreier will continue to serve as the Company’s EVP, CTO and CIO until the effective date of her resignation while the Company searches for a new individual or individuals to take over her role.
- Academy of Art University, AR, Jan 2020 - The University is seeking to immediately hire a CIO. The CIO will serve as a senior executive level leader providing technology vision and leadership in the development, implementation and management of the Academy of Art University’s Information Technology team.
- CPI Security, IL, Jan 2020 - CPI Security is looking for an innovative CIO to drive the processes of aligning marketing efforts to the company’s strategic goals.
- Prestige Care, WA, Jan 2020 - The new CIO will be a member of the Prestige Care, Executive Leadership Team and leader of the Information Technology business unit.
CTO - Tech Product Roles
- Leidos, VA, Nov 2019 - Leidos Corporate Office of Technology has an opening for a Group CTO for the Intelligence Group, located in Reston, VA.
- Wayfair, MA - Wayfair announced that John Mulliken, CTO, retired from the company in 2019. With Mulliken’s planned departure, current Wayfair board member and former Google executive Jim Miller is serving as interim CTO while Wayfair conducts an external search.
- Nutanix, CA, Jun 2019 - Sunil Potti notified Nutanix that he will resign from his position as the Company’s Chief Product and Development Officer to join Google. Unsure if the role is open. Brian Stephens, until recently the CTO of Google Cloud, has joined the Nutanix board.
- Progress Software Corporation, MA, Oct 2019 - Progress Software Corporation and Dmitri Tcherevik, CTO of the company, agreed that Mr. Tcherevik would terminate his employment.
- ConXtech, CA, Aug 2019 - ConXtech announced that Robert "Bob" Simmons, ConXtech's co-founder, will be stepping down as CTO and chairman of the board. Simmons will continue to serve as a board member of the company and will continue to support the company in this capacity. ConXtech operates as a construction technology company.
- Globalive Technology, ON, Canada, April 2019 - Globalive Technology announced that CTO Bhavin Shah has departed from the company to pursue other opportunities. Globalive Technology develops blockchain and artificial intelligence technologies, with the goal of commercializing artificial intelligence and blockchain.
- FiscalNote, Washington D.C., Jul 2019 - The CTO at FiscalNote will be responsible for technical leadership and strategy across the company – reporting directly to the CEO. S/he has to have experience in information services and/or SaaS technologies and has a proven track record of aligning R&D teams towards stability and growth, this will require making global hires and hands-on mentorship regarding team management and effective delegation.
- Havenly, CO, Nov 2019 - Online interior design firm Havenly is seeking a CTO. The CTO will lead the technology team and continue to build, improve, and innovate on the applications that run the business and create the most delightful experiences for customers.
- TruMed Systems, CA, Nov 2019 - TruMed is seeking a CTO. The CTO will serve as a key member of TruMed Systems’ Executive Leadership Team as a trusted strategist and technology manager.
- EoCell, CA, Jan 2020 - EoCell is seeking a CTO who will be responsible for leading the global technology/engineering team and building relationships with customers [OEM’s, EVs, and Aftermarket customers] and clients. EoCell is a startup engineering Advanced Li-ion battery technology.
- Rogue Games, CA, Jan 2020 - Rogue Games is seeking a CTO to join the company. Reporting directly to the CEO, the CTO will lead all of the engineering efforts. Rogue is a leading games publisher.
- Vcheck Global, CA, Jan 2020 - Vcheck Global is looking for an experienced, innovative CTO who will play an essential role among Vcheck leadership by overseeing the development of new technical platforms, providing insight on information security and data infrastructure, and managing a team of technical consultants, software developers, and data scientists. Vcheck Global is a due diligence and corporate investigations startup that protects companies of all sizes by providing more information about the people and companies they do business with.
- Upserve, RI, Jan 2020 - Upserve is looking for a CTO to lead the company’s technology organization. Upserve is a leading restaurant management platform with a cloud-based Point of Sale (POS) system, data and analytics, inventory management and payments processing for small to midsize restaurants.
- BuildingLink, NY, Jan 2020 - The company is seeking a CTO who will serve as a leader to define and deliver technical roadmap, product vision, and strategy for scalability.
- Jobot, NV, Jan 2020 - The new CTO - Gaming Experience will oversee the existing teams and lead the Game Development, Game Design, Art, Platform, Service Window, QA.
- Trajektory, IL, Jan 2020 - Trajektory is seeking a highly skilled CTO that has experience working in a start-up environment delivering unique data insights to the sports, media, and entertainment industries. Trajektory is a well-funded, innovative data insights and valuation technology start-up.
- Peerro, OH, Jan 2020 - Peerro’s CTO is the critical driver of overall product. The primary responsibility is to translate the business vision into all development plans. Peerro is a free, revolutionary human resources platform.
Digital Transformation Roles
- Nucor Corporation, NC, April 2019 - Nucor Corporation announced that Chief Digital Officer and EVP, R. Joseph Stratman, retired after more than 29 years of service with the company. Nucor Corporation manufactures and sells steel and steel products in the United States and internationally.
Data/Data Science Roles
- SAIC, VA, Jan 2020 - The new VP, Chief Data Officer will be the senior executive who bears responsibility on behalf of an enterprise to foster value creation from the use of the organization's data assets, as well as the external data ecosystem.
- Lam Research, CA, Oct 2019 - Lam Research is seeking a VP, CISO who will be the executive accountable for the security of Lam’s information systems.
- CIBC, IL, Oct 2019 - CIBC is seeking a CISO for the US Region, responsible for establishing and maintaining a Region-wide information security management program to ensure that information assets and employees are adequately protected. CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 10 million personal banking, business, public sector and institutional clients.
- Kemper, IL, Jan 2020 - The company is looking for a CISO, Who will be responsible for establishing and maintaining an enterprise-wide information security management program to ensure that information assets are adequately protected.
- Red Ventures, NC, Jan 2020 - The new CISO will be the leader and core collaborator between the needs of the business and the security solutions that strategically protect assets. Red Ventures is a portfolio of digital companies that brings consumers and brands together through powerful, customized online experiences.
Rest of the World
Open Tech Chief Roles
- BHP Group, Australia, Dec 2019 - BHP Group announced resignation of Diane Jurgens as CTO in early 2020. After 14 years abroad, Ms. Jurgens has decided to move back to the United States to pursue other opportunities and to be closer to her family. Rag Udd, currently VP Technology Global Transformation, has been appointed Acting CTO.
- HM Revenue & Customs
CTO - Tech Product Roles
- Ainsworth Game Technology Limited, Australia, Oct 2019 - Australian slot machine developer Ainsworth Game Technology says it has begun a restructuring of its product development area as it looks to increase domestic market share. The restructuring of its product development area is currently underway with the goal of creating and delivering new offerings. Meanwhile, the company announced the resignation of Mr. Kieran Power, CTO.
Tech Chief Appointments in North America
- McKesson Corporation, TX - McKesson announced that Nancy Flores will join McKesson as its new EVP, CIO and CTO, succeeding Kathy McElligott who announced her retirement in 2019. Flores currently serves as CIO for Johnson Controls.
- Lincoln National Corporation, PA - Joseph Weider has joined as SVP of IT Infrastructure. He will report directly to Ken Solon, EVP/CIO and head of digital. Weider most recently served as global head of cloud transformation at AIG.
- State Street Corporation, MA - State Street Corporation has appointed Brian Franz to CIO. Franz, who joins the Company in January 2020, will report to COO, Lou Maiuri and become a member of State Street’s Management Committee, its senior-most strategy and policy making group. Franz comes to State Street from Diageo PLC, where he most recently served as chief productivity officer leading IT, enterprise operations and business service functions across the company.
- Adobe, CA - Adobe appointed Anil Chakravarthy as EVP and GM, Digital Experience. In this role, Chakravarthy will lead Adobe's Digital Experience business, reporting directly to Adobe president and CEO Shantanu Narayen. Chakravarthy joins Adobe from Informatica, where he served as CEO since January 2016.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries, VA - Huntington Ingalls Industries announced that Bharat Amin has been named as EVP and CIO. He will report to Mike Petters, HII’s president and CEO. Amin joins the HII executive team after serving as VP and CIO for Newport News Shipbuilding division since 2014. Jason Brown has been promoted to VP & CIO for Ingalls Shipbuilding. He will report to Bharat Amin, HII EVP and CIO, for all IT related activities and matrixed to Tom Stiehle, Ingalls’ VP, business management, and chief financial officer, for all other business objectives. He has also held significant financial and program analyst roles at Ingalls and Newport News Shipbuilding.
- Alaska Air Group, WA - Vikram Baskaran will succeed Charu Jain as VP, IT services. Vikram leads a world-class IT operation that's at the foundation of Alaska consistently receiving high rankings in airline customer satisfaction. He joined the company in 2013 as a MD of technology.
- Carlisle Companies, AZ - Laura Walsh was appointed to the position of VP & CIO for Carlisle Companies consistent with Carlisle's Vision 2025 center-led initiatives driving to $15 of earnings per share. Laura joined Carlisle in 2018 as VP of IT.
- Tractor Supply Company, TN - Tractor Supply Company announced the promotion of Letitia Webster to SVP of Ecommerce. In this role, Webster will lead the Ecommerce, Omni Channel and Master Data Management business functions to drive a common customer experience across all channels. She joined the Company in 2014 as the Divisional Merchandise Manager for Omni Channel and has served as the VP of Omni Channel since March 2015.
- Groupon, IL - Groupon announced John J. Higginson will join the company as CTO, overseeing the company’s global engineering, information security and platform development efforts. Higginson joins from Enova International, a publicly traded, Chicago-based FinTech company, where he was also CTO.
- WideOpenWest, CO - WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone appointed Henry Hryckiewicz as CTO. He was most recently the SVP of engineering operations for residential and business services for Time Warner Cable. The company also appointed Teresa Jacobs as SVP of IT design and development. She most recently served as VP of global quality engineering and technology delivery center at Pearson.
- Sammons Financial Group, IL - Sammons Financial Group hired Jai Kuchimanchi as VP and CTO. Prior to joining SFG, Kuchimanchi was corporate VP of enterprise architecture at New York Life Insurance Company.
- CLEAResult Consulting, TX - CLEAResult announced Divakar Jandhyala as the company’s new CTO. Jandhyala will assume duties from Sheila Daly, who has been the interim leader of the IT organization since May 2019. Jandhyala joins CLEAResult from American Achievement Corporation where he was CIO/CTO for eight years. CLEAResult Consulting designs, plans, consults, and implements technology-enabled energy efficiency solutions and services in North America.
- Universal Technical Institute, AZ - Universal Technical Institute promoted Lori Smith to the position of SVP/CIO. As VP, Business Intelligence and Compliance, a role she has held since 2009, she led the company’s successful initiatives to improve data accuracy, consistency, timeliness, relevance, and visibility. Universal Technical Institute, provides postsecondary education for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle, and marine technicians in the United States.
- Pan-American Life Insurance Group, LA - Miguel Edwards appointed as SVP/CIO. Most recently, Mr. Edwards was CIO with Kemper Insurance.
- Automation Anywhere, CA - Automation Anywhere named Yousuf Khan as the company's first CIO. Prior to this, Khan was appointed as the CIO of Pure Storage where he joined as the company’s first CIO and led the company via its IPO and international growth. Automation Anywhere designs and develops business process automation solutions.
- CopperPoint Insurance Company, AZ - CopperPoint Insurance Companies announced Brad Lontz has joined the company as SVP and CIO. Most recently, Brad served as the CIO for the California Dental Association. CopperPoint Insurance Company provides workers’ compensation insurance to businesses and their employees in Arizona.
- Guardant Health, CA - Guardant Health has appointed Kumud Kalia as the company’s new CIO. He was most recently Chief Information and Technology Officer at Cylance. Guardant Health is a precision oncology company.
- Absolute Software, BC, Canada - Absolute announced Dianne Lapierre has joined Absolute as CIO. Ms. Lapierre will report directly to Absolute CEO, Christy Wyatt. Ms. Lapierre most recently served as CIO for Raymond James Ltd. Absolute Software Corporation provides cloud-based endpoint visibility and control platform for the management and security of computing devices, applications, and data for enterprise and public sector organizations.
- South Shore Bank, MA - South Shore Bank announced the hiring of Craig Gardner as CTO. After 12 years with Eastern Bank, most recently as the SVP/Director of System Engineering, Craig brings to South Shore Bank a proven ability to translate business needs into well-architected technology solutions. South Shore Bank is a community commercial bank that offers personal and business banking services.
- Service Management Group, MO - Marty Williams joins SMG as CIO, reporting to COO Ken White. Former VP, Technology, NIC Inc. Service Management Group offers customer experience, brand research, employee engagement, and reporting and analytics services for restaurant, retail, grocery, convenience store, travel and entertainment, and services industries.
- Mitcham Industries, TX - Andy Meecham has joined the company in the newly-created position of VP and CTO. Before joining the company, Mr. Meecham served as CTO for Northern Defense Industries for six years. Mitcham Industries provides technology to the oceanographic, hydrographic, defense, seismic and maritime security industries worldwide.
- Villanova University, PA - Villanova University has named Kelly P. Doney as CIO. Doney most recently served as a VP at Ellucian, a global market leader in higher education technology. Villanova University is an educational institution that offers undergraduate and graduate programs in the field of business, social sciences, science, and medicine.
- The AZEK Company, IL - The AZEK® Company has appointed Michelle Kasson as CIO. Most recently, Kasson served as IT Director at The J. M. Smucker Company. The AZEK Company manufactures and supplies building products to residential, commercial, and industrial markets.
- Verizon Media, NY - Verizon Media named Rathi Murthy as the company’s CTO. Rathi joins Verizon Media from Gap where she was CTO, leading all technology and operations. Verizon Media develops application that provides online streaming services.
CTO - Tech Product Appointments
- Electronics for Imaging, CA - Electronics For Imaging has named veteran print technology executive Dr. Douglas Edwards as its CTO. Edwards replaces longtime technology leader Ghilad Dziesietnik, who recently retired after nearly 25 years with EFI – the last 14 as CTO. Edwards, who assumes his new duties, has had an extensive career as a senior print executive and R&D technologist. Immediately prior to this appointment, Edwards was CEO of Cambridge, England-based Xaar plc, a leading developer of inkjet print head technologies for industrial printing, and Chairman of Xaar 3D Ltd.
- On Deck Capital, NY - OnDeck named Scott Totman as the company's Chief Product and Technology Officer. He joins OnDeck from cloud security company DivvyCloud, where he served as the Head of Engineering and Product Development. On Deck Capital operates an online platform for small business lending.
- RegEd, NC - RegEd named Derrick D. Cobey to the role of CTO. Former SVP of Product and Solutions Engineering at PeopleClick (now PeopleFluent) and VP of Product Engineering at JPMorgan Chase. RegEd provides compliance software and solutions for the financial services industry.
- Vacasa, OR - Vacasa has appointed Jeff Flitton, previously the company’s vice president of engineering, as CTO, as former CTO Tim Goodwin left to pursue a new opportunity as CTO of TigerConnect. Vacasa provides property management and other real estate services for buyers and sellers of vacation rentals.
- Applause App Quality, MA - Rob Mason was promoted to CTO. Joined the company as SVP of Engineering in 2017. Applause App Quality, a digital testing company, provides devices, operating systems, wireless networks, and payment systems testing services.
- Experity, SD - Kernie Brashier is the new CTO. Most recently serving as CTO of Payspan. Experity is a cloud-based electronic medical records (EMR), practice management, and medical billing software solution company.
- Everspin Technologies, AZ - Everspin Technologies announced that Yong Kim has joined the company as VP of Product Development. Starting this week, he will be responsible for all product design engineering for the company. Mr. Kim replaces Thomas Andre who is leaving the company to pursue other interests. Kim is a 27-year veteran of the semiconductor industry and comes to Everspin most recently from Cypress Semiconductor where he was VP of Design leading worldwide development of 3D NAND products. Everspin Technologies manufactures and sells magnetoresistive random access memory (MRAM) products to customers.
- Sensus Healthcare, FL - Sensus Healthcare promoted Russ Price to CTO. Russ Price joined Sensus in 2016 as a product manager. Sensus Healthcare manufactures and markets superficial radiation therapy devices to healthcare providers worldwide.
- Sauce Labs, CA - Sauce Labs appointed John Patrick Kelly as its new CTO. Kelly will oversee the company’s long-term technology strategy while ensuring the continued delivery of near-term product innovation to customers. Prior to joining Sauce Labs, Kelly was the CEO at Equeum. Sauce Labs provides cloud-based testing for mobile and web applications.
- Rahi Systems, CA - Rahi Systems announced the launch of its cloud strategy and the addition of Matt Robinson as CTO for cloud and infrastructure. Robinson has been in the technology industry for the past 27 years, most recently as head of partner engineering at Google Cloud. Rahi Systems provides data center solutions.
- MedVantx, CA - MedVantx announced that Jeremy (Jerry) V. Gross has joined the company as CTO. This newly created position will focus on the further development of the company's proprietary ecommerce, pharmacy and final mile delivery platform. Previously, he held senior technology, innovation and incubation leadership roles at Amgen, McKesson, Intuit and JPMorgan. MedVantx operates an online direct-to-patient platform, which retails pharmaceutical products.
- ConnectWise, FL - Steve Cochran has been named CTO. Steve has more than 30 years of experience leading technology transformation and operational excellence at companies such as Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX), OpenText/GXS, Innovis, Adaptec, Real3D, Lockheed Martin and General Electric. Steve was most recently the CTO at GHX, a former Thoma Bravo portfolio company. ConnectWise develops PSA, RMM, and business automation software for technology solutions providers.
- DAT Solutions, MO - DAT Solutions named Ken Adamo as Chief of Analytics. Most recently, Adamo was manager of decision science and innovation at FedEx Custom Critical, a unit of FedEx Corp. Adamo developed rate forecasting models and advanced pricing principles for FedEx that utilized DAT RateView and DAT Data Analytics. DAT Solutions provides broker logistics software solutions.
Security Chiefs/ CISOs
- Bank of Montreal, QC, Canada - BMO Financial Group named Sri Dronamraju as CISO. Reporting to both Larry Zelvin, Head Financial Crimes, and Ken Librot, U.S. Chief Technology and Operations Officer, Mr. Dronamraju replaces Aman Raheja, who is leaving the bank to pursue other opportunities. Dronamraju is former Head of Risk - Financial Crimes, Fraud, Information and Physical Security, Technology.
- Trustmark Mutual Holding Company, IL - Britt Lindley is the new CISO. Lindley has more than three decades of experience in Information Security and IT. For the last nine years, he served as a VP and CISO for Thrivent Financial, a Fortune 500 not-for-profit financial services organization.
- Talend, CA - Talend has named Anne Hardy its CISO. She was most recently the chief security officer for Join Digital, which provides managed digital services to enterprises. Open source integration software provider to data-driven enterprises.
- Fidelis Cybersecurity, MA - Fidelis Cybersecurity appointed Chris Kubic as Chief Information Security Officer. Kubic brings with him more than 30 years of experience driving Information Assurance and Cybersecurity initiatives across the United States Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC). Fidelis Cybersecurity provides visibility and control products and services to detect, investigate, and prevent advanced cyber-attacks for commercial enterprise and government customers worldwide.
- SecureAuth Corporation, CA - SecureAuth appointed Bil Harmer as CISO and chief evangelist. Harmer joins SecureAuth after having served as CISO-Americas at Zscaler. SecureAuth develops identity enforcement solutions for corporations, government agencies, and service providers.
Rest of the World
Tech Chief Appointments
- AB Volvo, Sweden - Scott Rafkin, currently President of Volvo Financial Services, has been appointed to the new position of EVP and Chief Digital Officer for the Volvo Group. Rafkin will lead the Group IT organization and in that capacity succeed Olle Högblom. Olle Högblom will remain with the Group, reporting to Deputy CEO Jan Gurander and focusing on strategic projects.
- Carnival Australia, Australia - Marshall Lancaster has been appointed as CIO for the professional services division supporting Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn, P&O Cruises Australia and Carnival Australia. Lancaster conveys valuable travel industry experience from his most recent role as SVP and Global CIO at Hyatt Hotels Corporation.
- Fletcher Building, New Zealand - Fletcher Building has appointed Dan Beecham to the position of CIO. Dan's previous roles include CIO at Morrisons in the United Kingdom, Chief Digital Officer at the University of New South Wales, and CIO at Woolworths Limited. Fletcher Building Limited makes building products.
- London Stock Exchange Group Plc, United Kingdom - Chris Corrado, c has informed the Group of his intention to leave the Group to pursue other professional opportunities. Anthony McCarthy, CIO, London Clearing House will assume the role of CIO, LSEG and will join the LSEG Executive Committee.
- Altia Oyj, Finland - Altia appointed Matti Nurmi as CIO. He will report to Niklas Nylander, CFO. Nurmi has previously worked for over ten years in Fortum, where his latest role has been Chief Architect, Strategic IT and Digitalization. Before Fortum he worked several years as CIO in Yle. Altia Oyj produces, distributes, markets, sells, imports, and exports alcoholic beverages in the Nordic and Baltic countries.
- Arion banka hf., Iceland - Styrmir Sigurjónsson has been appointed managing director of IT & CTO at Arion Bank. Styrmir has extensive experience of IT and product development and since 2009 has been at Natera in the United States.
Recent Vell Placements
For Specific bios and announcements, please refer to our Website - www.vell.com
Carbonite (CARB), Online Backup for SMB (SaaS) - Board Members (2)
CEOs/ Presidents/ GMs
CTOs/ Engineering/ CIOs/CISOs
About Vell Executive Search
- Deep tech industry retained search experience
- More dedicated time as consultants have few parallel projects.
- Thorough understanding of your company’s business and culture
- Behavioral interviews and competency scorecards.
- Constant two-way, direct communication and 24 /7 availability.
- Insightful and detailed reference checking
- Broad reach of candidates: no hidden relationships. No off-limits.
- Analytics based search process.
Boston, MA 02110