The tech functions we cover in this newsletter are: EVP, Tech and Ops, CIO, CTO, Chief Digital Officer, Chief Product Officer (Product development and engineering), Data Science, Data Chiefs, Data Analytics chiefs (tech data analytics chiefs), Security, Privacy Chiefs, Blockchain chiefs.
One new trend we are seeing are Chief Product Officers, with product management backgrounds, that manage both technology and product. Case in point is Avaya this month.
Geographic Distribution of Open & Closed Tech Roles
In this Edition
- Open Tech Function Roles - North America by Function
- Open Tech Function Roles - Rest of World by Function
- Tech Function Appointments - North America by Function
- Tech Function Appointments - Rest of World by Function
- Vell Executive Search Representative Placements
- About Vell Executive Search
Hope you enjoy this newsletter and find it useful. Suggestions and corrections are most welcomed and appreciated.
Thanks again and all the best,
Vell Executive Search is a retained executive search firm that specializes in recruiting technology execs for boards and executive roles, including Board Members, CEOs, Presidents, GMs, CTOs/Chief Digital Officers/VP Engineering, as well as tech executives and board members for the technology industry. Vell has built a reputation for recruiting talented high-performing leadership teams globally. www.vell.com.
Open Technology Roles
- Mitsubishi Corporation, TN, Oct 2019 - The company is seeking a CIO, to oversee Mitsubishi's IT strategies and systems to ensure they support the company goals. Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) is Japan's largest general trading company (sogo shosha) with over 200 bases of operations in approximately 80 countries worldwide.
- AutoNation, FL, Jan 2019 - EVP and CTO, Tom Conophy, left the Company amid restructuring. The restructuring comes as analysts forecast a dip in U.S. vehicle sales this year. New vehicle sales in the United States are expected to drop as higher interest rates and rising prices could prompt customers to hold off their car-buying plans, the National Automobile Dealers Association said. AutoNation, through its subsidiaries, operates as an automotive retailer in the United States.
- Canadian National Railway Company, ON, Canada, Nov 2019 - CN announced that Michael Foster, EVP and chief information and technology officer is leaving the company for personal reasons, moving back to the United States, to be close to where his family is located and to pursue other career opportunities. The company has announced that Rob Reilly, EVP & COO, will assume interim responsibility for the company’s Information and Technology function, while the company carries out a global search for a chief information and technology officer.
- DICK'S Sporting Goods, PA, Sep 2019 - On August 27, 2019, Paul Gaffney informed Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. (the Company), that he is resigning as the Company's EVP - CTO. DICK'S Sporting Goods operates as a sporting goods retailer primarily in the eastern United States.
- Change Healthcare, TN, Dec 2019 - Change Healthcare announced Alex Choy, EVP and CIO, has elected to retire in early 2020, after six years with the Company and a more than 30-year career in the technology field.
- Wayfair, MA - Wayfair announced that John Mulliken, CTO, will retire from the company in 2019. With Mulliken’s planned departure, current Wayfair board member and former Google executive Jim Miller will serve as interim CTO while Wayfair conducts an external search. Miller brings invaluable expertise and decades of experience in technology and product innovation to the Wayfair team. He has served on the Wayfair board for the past three years. Mulliken will remain with the company to support the transition through October 15, 2019.
- Shutterfly, CA, Aug 2019 - Satish Menon notified Shutterfly of his decision to resign as SVP and CTO. It is expected that Dr. Menon will continue to perform his duties as CTO until that date. Shutterfly manufactures and retails personalized products.
- National Vision Holdings, GA, Sep 2019 - John Vaught, SVP, CIO of National Vision Holdings, notified the company of his intent to retire from his CIO position after 14 years of service to the company. Mr. Vaught's retirement will be effective on a date to be mutually agreed, but no earlier than March 2020. National Vision Holdings operates as an optical retailer primarily in the United States.
- The Hillman Group, OH, Nov 2019 - Zachary J. Sherburne, the CIO of The Hillman Group, and The Hillman Companies, left the Companies.
- Apollo Medical Holdings, CA, Sep 2019 - Apollo Medical Holdings appointed Brandon Sim as its Interim CTO. In this role, Mr. Sim will be responsible for overseeing all technology aspects of the Company, including information technology, data management, software engineering, and electronic data interchange functions. Prior to joining ApolloMed, Mr. Sim served as Quantitative Researcher at Citadel Securities since 2015.
- First Entertainment Credit Union, CA, Oct 2019 - First Entertainment has an immediate opening for a CIO, a key strategic and transformative senior role that excels in executive leadership and is responsible for ensuring the alignment of data, digital and technology resources to achieve the credit union's strategic and operational objectives.
- TruMed Systems, CA, Nov 2019 - TruMed is seeking a CTO. The CTO will serve as a key member of TruMed Systems’ Executive Leadership Team as a trusted strategist and technology manager.
- South County Health, RI, Nov 2019 - The organization is looking for a CIO. He will be reporting to the President and CEO, and provide the vision and leadership to develop and execute South County Health's digital health strategy, implementing transformational IT initiatives across the healthcare system to improve healthcare quality, digital connections to consumers, cost effectiveness, and business development in a rapidly evolving and highly competitive marketplace.
- Farm Credit Services of America, NE, Nov 2019 - Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica), a leading provider of credit and crop insurancefor farmers and ranchers, is seeking an EVP - CIO to join its executive leadership team.
- Havenly, CO, Nov 2019 - Online interior design firm Havenly is seeking a CTO. The CTO will lead the technology team and continue to build, improve, and innovate on the applications that run the business and create the most delightful experiences for customers.
- Clinipace, NC, Nov 2019 - Clinipace is transitioning the current interim CIO position to a permanent CIO leadership role. The CIO would be responsible for all enterprise-wide IT activities, including infrastructure and architecture, application development, reengineering business processes, networks, outsourcing, and computer and auxiliary operations and support.
- Pace Analytical, MN, Nov 2019 - Pace Analytical is seeking a CIO, who will be responsible for providing leadership for overall operations and administration of corporate information management, services, including vision and leadership of enterprise applications, technology infrastructure, information technology policies and security, including the development of strategic and tactical plans for emerging information technologies.
CTO - Tech Product Roles
- Leidos, VA, Nov 2019 - Leidos Corporate Office of Technology has an opening for a Group CTO for the Intelligence Group, located in Reston, VA.
- Nutanix, CA, Jun 2019 - Sunil Potti notified Nutanix that he will resign from his position as the Company’s Chief Product and Development Officer to join Google. Unsure if the role is open. Brian Stephens, until recently the CTO of Google Cloud, has joined the Nutanix board.
- Progress Software Corporation, MA, Oct 2019 - Progress Software Corporation and Dmitri Tcherevik, CTO of the company, agreed that Mr. Tcherevik would terminate his employment.
- DomainTools, WA, Oct 2019 - DomainTools is seeking a CTO. The DomainTools CTO will be the strategic leader of a very technically-inclined organization.
- Asure Software, TX, Oct 2019 - Joseph Karbowski has informed Asure Software that he will resign as Asure’s CTO, upon divestiture of the workspace management portfolio of products by FM:Systems.
- ConXtech, CA, Aug 2019 - ConXtech announced that Robert "Bob" Simmons, ConXtech's co-founder, will be stepping down as CTO and chairman of the board. Simmons will continue to serve as a board member of the company and will continue to support the company in this capacity. ConXtech operates as a construction technology company.
- Globalive Technology, ON, Canada, April 2019 - Globalive Technology announced that CTO Bhavin Shah has departed from the company to pursue other opportunities. Globalive Technology develops blockchain and artificial intelligence technologies, with the goal of commercializing artificial intelligence and blockchain.
- FiscalNote, Washington D.C., Jul 2019 - The CTO at FiscalNote will be responsible for technical leadership and strategy across the company – reporting directly to the CEO. S/he has to have experience in information services and/or SaaS technologies and has a proven track record of aligning R&D teams towards stability and growth, this will require making global hires and hands-on mentorship regarding team management and effective delegation.
- FixtHub, NY, Nov 2019 - FixtHub has an immediate need for a CTO. FixtHub is an enterprise software firm focused on providing fixed income trade generation tools and analytics with data science.
- Financeware, NJ, Nov 2019 - The company is seeking a CTO, reporting to the CEO. The person will be responsible for the long-range direction of the organization's technology and product functions.
- Foursquare, NY, Nov 2019 - Foursquare is seeking a CTO with background & experience in enterprise SaaS and/or B2B, and will be reporting directly to the CEO, Jeff Glueck and join the executive leadership team. Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location.
Digital Transformation Roles
- Nucor Corporation, NC, April 2019 - Nucor Corporation announced that Chief Digital Officer and EVP, R. Joseph Stratman, retired after more than 29 years of service with the company. Nucor Corporation manufactures and sells steel and steel products in the United States and internationally.
- Lam Research, CA, Oct 2019 - Lam Research is seeking a VP, CISO who will be the executive accountable for the security of Lam’s information systems.
- Insurity, CT, Oct 2019 - nsurity, one of the largest property and casualty insurance technology and services providers with more than 700 employees and 250 clients, is looking for a CISO. The person will be responsible for Insurity’s information security risk management program and driving the mindset that enterprise information security is foundational to deliver on business goals.
- Zoom Information, MA, Jan 2019 - In second quarter of this year, the CIO (appointed in January 2019) will be joined by a new CISO. The CISO role is open. Zoom Information develops business-to-business (B2B) data and business information solutions for customers in sales, marketing, recruiting, or other businesses.
- CIBC, IL, Oct 2019 - CIBC is seeking a CISO for the US Region, responsible for establishing and maintaining a Region-wide information security management program to ensure that information assets and employees are adequately protected. CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 10 million personal banking, business, public sector and institutional clients.
- State of Ohio, OH, Jul 2019 - The Office of the Secretary of State’s IT Division is seeking a CISO to serve as Security Point of Contact; develop & implement policies, procedures, standards & best practices to ensure protection of critical infrastructure based on national security standards.
- Progrexion, UT, Oct 2019 - The company is seeking a CISO to develop, implement and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and risk management program to predict, prevent, detect and respond to threats and risks
- Progrexion, UT, Nov 2019 - The company is seeking a CISO, who must be both strategic and tactical while acting as a conduit between the business and IT.
- InvestCloud, FL, Nov 2019 - InvestCloud is looking for a CISO based in their Tampa office. The person will be responsible for the development and oversight of InvestCloud’s information security and risk management methodologies, strategy, policies, awareness programs and security goals and metrics.
Rest of the World
Open Tech Chief Roles
- HM Revenue & Customs
CTO - Tech Product Roles
- Ainsworth Game Technology Limited, Australia, Oct 2019 - Australian slot machine developer Ainsworth Game Technology says it has begun a restructuring of its product development area as it looks to increase domestic market share. The restructuring of its product development area is currently underway with the goal of creating and delivering new offerings. Meanwhile, the company announced the resignation of Mr. Kieran Power, CTO.
Tech Chief Appointments in North America
- Verizon Business Group
- Sysco Corporation
- Cox Enterprises
- Sun Life Financial
- Freddie Mac
- J. C. Penney Company
- News Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- The Michaels Companies,
- Herbalife Nutrition
- CNO Financial Group
- Carlyle Group L.P.
- Metroplus Health Plan
- Carlson Wagonlit Travel
- Brown & Brown Brown & Brown markets and sells insurance products and services.
- City National Bank
- Korn Ferry
- The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation
- Invitation Homes Invitation Homes is a leading owner and operator of single-family rental homes, offering residents high-quality homes across America.
- PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company
- Spartan Motors
- BlackBerry Limited
- Safelite Group Safelite Group provides auto glass repair and replacement services.
- Reitmans (Canada) Limited Reitmans (Canada) Limited primarily engages in the retail of women’s wearing apparel in Canada.
- Urban One
- Redwood Logistics Redwood Logistics provides integrated logistics and transportation services.
- Syncsort Syncsort Incorporated develops on-premise and cloud enterprise software and big iron to big data solutions for clients in the United States and internationally.
- Goodfood Market Goodfood Market Corp., a home meal solution service company, delivers meal kits to customers in Canada.
- Medical Marijuana Medical Marijuana, an investment holding company, operates in the medical marijuana and industrial hemp markets.
- Investview Investview provides access to financial education, market research, and technology for individuals.
- CommonSpirit Health
- Bank Of Charles Town
- Peoples Exchange Bank Peoples Exchange Bank provides personal and business banking products.
- eHealth Technologies eHealth Technologies develops care solution software for hospitals and health information exchanges in the United States.
- Zoom Care Zoom Care owns and operates clinics in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.
- Lionbridge Technologies Lionbridge Technologies provides language, content, and testing solutions worldwide.
- loanDepot loanDepot, a direct-to-consumer non-bank originator, originates, finances, and sells mortgage loans in the United States.
- TriCore Reference Laboratories
- Epiq Systems Epiq Systems provides legal process outsourcing (LPO) services in the United States and internationally.
- 5Star Life Insurance Company; Armed Forces Benefit Association
- InnovAccer InnovAccer develops and delivers analytical and data science applications to healthcare, financial service, manufacturing, retail, and academic research organizations.
- Northwestern Medicine
- Harvard Services Group
CTO - Tech Product Appointments
- Juniper Networks, CA - Juniper Networks announced that Raj Yavatkar will be named CTO, reporting to CEO, Rami Rahim. Yavatkar is currently an IEEE Fellow and previously headed the development of Network Virtualization Infrastructure and products for Cloud Networking at Google.
- Avaya Holdings, CA - Avaya Holdings Corp. announced a strategic addition to its management team as Anthony Bartolo will join the company as Chief Product Officer. Bartolo will be responsible for product development, product management, emerging technologies and corporate strategy across the company’s premise and cloud-based UC, CC, and collaboration solutions. Bartolo will report to Avaya president and CEO Jim Chirico. He returns to Avaya after having spent the last several years at Tata Communications Limited where he served as its EVP and chief product officer, most recently based in Singapore. Prior to Tata, Bartolo was VP at Avaya in both the unified communications and contact center business units responsible for product development and the SMB business segment. Chris McGugan, SVP of Solutions and Technology will assume the newly created role of Chief Technology Officer reporting to Anthony Bartolo, Chief Product Officer. The company also announced the departure of Gaurav Passi, SVP and president of Cloud.
- Jack Henry & Associates, MO - Jack Henry & Associates announced that its EVP and CTO, Mark Forbis, will retire. Ted Bilke, VP of Jack Henry & Associates and President of Symitar®, will serve as the company's CTO upon Forbis' retirement.
- Dropbox, CA - Bharat Mediratta will join Dropbox as its CTO and SVP, Platform. Quentin Clark has decided to step down as CTO. He is Co-founder,former President and CTO of AltSchool. Also served as engineer at Google.
- Shutterstock, NY - Shutterstock announced the promotion of Peter Silvio to CTO. In this role, Peter, who has been serving in a Head of Engineering capacity since March, will continue to lead the Technology organization, partnering closely with Product and Marketing to drive the development and implementation of products that bring new value to customers and contributors.
- WideOpenWest Networks, CO - WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone named John Roy as VP of Engineering Operations. With more than 22 years of experience in telecommunications, Roy has held leadership positions at T-Mobile, Layer3 TV, Comcast, Media One and Charter Communications. Most recently, Roy served as VP of operations in T-Mobile's Home and Entertainment department, and as SVP at Layer3TV prior to T-Mobile's purchase of the multichannel video programming distributor (MVPD). WideOpenWest Networks offers Internet, TV, cable, and phone services.
- New Relic, CA - New Relic appointed Gregory Ouillon as field CTO, EMEA. He joins New Relic from SITAONAIR, the connected aircraft solutions provider, where he was CTO, managing innovation, engineering, infrastructure, software and service development.
- Imperva, CA - Imperva welcomed James Lok as SVP of Product Development. Lok has 20 years of experience scaling and leading global engineering teams for companies including Yahoo, Intuit and Citrix. He is responsible for developing new products and improving existing products so that the company can meet customers' needs more effectively.
- Qualys, CA - Qualys announced the promotion of Sumedh Thakar to President and Chief Product Officer. Mr. Thakar has served as the company’s Chief Product Officer since June 2014. Before that, beginning in December 2010, Mr. Thakar served as the Company’s VP, Engineering. Qualys announced the promotion of Dilip Bachwani to SVP, Cloud Platform, Ops and Dev Ops. Dilip is former SVP - Engineering and Cloud Operations. Qualys provides cloud-based security and compliance solutions in the United States and internationally.
- Cerence, MA - Cerence announced the company has appointed Prateek Kathpal, an experienced innovation and product management leader, as the company's CTO. In this role, Mr. Kathpal will be responsible for Cerence's technology vision, core products and product roadmaps. He will also serve as head of Professional Services. He joins Cerence from View, where he served as General Manager of AI & IoT Products, responsible for leading engineering and product management strategy, defining and driving the product roadmap, and supporting M&A activity to accelerate growth. Cerence provides A.I. powered assistants and innovations for connected and autonomous vehicles.
- Paycor, OH - Paycor named Joe Meyer as CTO. Meyer brings more than two decades of technological innovation experience to his role as CTO at Paycor, where he will lead product development, DevOps and architecture. Previously, Meyer spent 11 years at Citibank, where he was Architecture Senior Group Manager for the company’s CTO Group. Paycor develops and offers cloud-based human resource (HR), payroll, and timekeeping software solutions for small- and mid-sized businesses in the United States.
- Absolute Software Corporation, BC, Canada - William Morris joins as EVP, Engineering. With more than two decades of proven product leadership, William Morris joins Absolute to lead all aspects of engineering and product development. Morris was most recently at BlackBerry. Prior to BlackBerry, Morris held senior management roles at McAfee, AOL, and Netscape.
- First Team Real Estate Corporation, CA - First Team Real Estate announced the appointments of Steven McCloskey as Chief Product Officer. Having worked at Morgan Stanley and for creative companies such as Paramount Pictures, Steven brings a creative-analytics approach to product development and implementation in his new role. In his time with the company, he has propelled First Team forward, building the new RoadMap-AI™ digital advertising platform, powered by an inventive lead distribution software, completely phone application free. First Team Real Estate Corporation provides real estate brokerage services.
- Calabrio, MN - Calabrio hired Josh Jabs as CTO. Reporting to President and CEO Tom Goodmanson, Jabs is responsible for delivering Calabrio solutions on a global scale, including overseeing product development, engineering and cloud operations. Before joining Calabrio, Josh spent nine years at Entrust Datacard where he held roles ranging from general management of multiple business units to leadership over emerging technologies, strategic marketing and alliance programs. With this change, former Calabrio CTO Brian Humenansky will join the office of the CTO as Chief Architect, where he will continue to focus on enhancing the company’s winning platform and technology roadmap. Former Calabrio CTO Brian Humenansky will join the office of the CTO as Chief Architect, where he will continue to focus on enhancing the company’s winning platform and technology roadmap. Calabrio develops and offers customer engagement and workforce optimization software solutions for contact center market.
- Quorum Business Solutions, TX - Quorum Software rnamed Tom Lacy to EVP of Engineering. Tom Lacy brings over two decades of software development leadership experience to Quorum. Most recently, he was the VP of engineering at Bazaarvoice. Quorum Business Solutions develops software solutions and provides services to manage operational, administrative, financial, and transactional business processes for oil and gas, renewable energy, pipeline, utility, midstream, and natural resource industries.
- Life360, CA - Life360 announced that Samir Kapoor as its new CTO. Samir brings more than 20 years of engineering management experience, having previously been SVP of Engineering at Fitbit. Prior to that role, Samir spent ten years with Qualcomm where he held multiple leadership roles in software engineering and wireless technology development in the mobile and consumer products space. Life360 develops and delivers a mobile application (App) in the United States and internationally.
- BK Technologies Corporation, FL - BK Technologies Corporation announced the promotion of Branko Avanic to CTO. Mr. Avanic joined BK in August 2019 as SVP of Engineering; bringing to BK over 30 years of product development expertise with a prominent manufacturer in the land mobile radio industry. James Holthaus, formerly the Company’s CTO, has been appointed to the newly created position of SVP – P25 Product Solutions and Marketing, responsible for product definition and market analysis with a focus on development of BK’s P25 mobile and portable radio markets. BK Technologies Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets wireless communications products in the United States and internationally.
- Wpromote, CA - Wpromote announced the hire of Paul Dumais as CTO. Dumais was most recently SVP of Product Development and CTO at SaaS tracking and attribution platform CAKE, where he was responsible for all aspects of product roadmap definition and execution. Wpromote provides online marketing services.
- Addepar, CA - Addepar hired Don Nilsson as Chief Product Officer. In his new role, Nilsson will drive the development of the company's software solution that specializes in data aggregation, analytics, and portfolio reporting to provide insights and clarity into even the most complex investment portfolios. Nilsson joins Addepar from FactSet, where he spent the last 23 years of his career. Most recently as the SVP of Product Development, he was responsible for running FactSet's global product development function, overseeing development across the entire FactSet platform. Addepar develops and operates an investment management platform for advisors and investors.
- WhiteHat Security, CA - WhiteHat Security announced that former Appthority and FlawCheck Founder & CEO Anthony Bettini has been named CTO. Reporting directly to WhiteHat CEO Craig Hinkley, he will be responsible for leading the technology and engineering teams and developing, implementing, managing and evaluating the company’s technological resources. Prior to joining WhiteHat in November 2019, Bettini led Tenable Research at Tenable. WhiteHat Security operates a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform.
- Verisys Corporation, VA - Verisys Corporation named Srini Chillara as CTO. Prior to joining Verisys, Chillara worked at Experian Health managing multiple products ranging from analytics, shared services, care management solutions, and interoperability. Verisys Corporation develops health care credentialing technology and data solutions.
- vArmour, CA - vArmour announced Jeff Jennings has joined the company as the new SVP of Engineering. With long-term roles at VMware and at Google for nearly the past two years, Jennings has been critical in helping enterprises navigate the dramatic shifts in enterprise computing, namely the adoption of cloud and how to do it securely despite the rapid pace of change that digital transformation brings. He will apply that knowledge at vArmour to further innovate the company’s Security Graph technology to help enterprises manage the complexity and risks of multi-cloud.
- Aware, MA - Aware appointed Mohamed Lazzouni to serve as CTO. Mr. Lazzouni, 60, currently serves as a board member of Epochal Technologies, a provider of demographic data solutions. Mr. Lazzouni served as President and CEO of Epochal Technologies from August 2018 to November 2019. Aware provides software and services for the biometrics industry in the United States, the United Kingdom, Brazil, and internationally.
- Cloudian, CA - Carlo Garbagnati has joined Cloudian as VP of engineering, bringing 25 years of management experience in storage and infrastructure to the role, at companies ranging from early stage start-ups to larger industry players such as HDS (now Hitachi Vantara), Pivot3 and BlueArc. He succeeds Gary Ogasawara. VP of engineering Gary Ogasawara has been named CTO, to focus on Cloudian’s long-term technology vision and direction, including the interaction of HyperStore with next-gen data analytics platforms, container-based compute technologies and multi-cloud architectures. Cloudian develops and provides cloud storage software solutions.
- IP Infusion, CA - IP Infusion announced that Rakesh Dubey, former Juniper SVP of Engineering, has joined the company as VP, Engineering and will lead all IP Infusion engineering organizations and product development. Rakesh was also responsible for Juniper’s Cloud Platform and products for Network Management, SD-WAN and SD-Branch. IP Infusion provides network operating systems for physical and virtual networks to carriers, service providers and enterprises.
- GlobalTranz Enterprises, AZ - GlobalTranz Enterprises announced it has named a new CTO. Prior to joining GlobalTranz, Russ held multiple CTO, IT, and technology leadership positions, most recently providing technology advisory services for multiple private equity firms to drive portfolio improvement, advise on technology company acquisition strategy, and increase value realization. GlobalTranz Enterprises develops a suite of transportation services and logistics solutions.
- Halfaker And Associates, VA - Halfaker and Associates appointed Bob Spitz as CTO. He is being promoted from Director, Technology Solutions. Prior to joining Halfaker, Bob served as a Senior Program Director within the Health Solutions division of General Dynamics IT. Halfaker And Associates, a professional services and technology solutions company, advises and assists government organizations and commercial clients on issues of national and global significance in various service areas.
- Liquidnet Holdings, NY - Liquidnet announced the appointment of Patrick Strobel as CTO, to oversee the company’s overall technology strategy, including product development for Liquidnet’s three business verticals, middle office solutions, data and analytics solutions, and overall systems architecture. Strobel assumes the CTO role following two years serving as Liquidnet’s head of technology in EMEA. Liquidnet Holdings develops and deploys financial technology solutions for institutional asset managers.
- Red River Computer Company, NH - Red River announced that Tim Rod has been named CTO. Rod comes to Red River from Cisco, where he was responsible for identifying and executing go-to-market strategies for its $13 billion Customer Experience (CX) division. In that role, he worked with cross-functional teams and executive leadership to grow and evolve Cisco’s business. Red River Computer Company provides security, network, and cloud solutions to commercial, civilian, defense, intelligence, and healthcare markets.
- Xiologix, OR - Xiologix announced that Brian Page has joined the team as the new CTO. Brian brings over 20 years of experience working in a variety of IT environments from local SMBs to global Fortune 10 datacenters. He has maintained his CISSP credential for more than ten years and was most recently a Senior Cloud Security Architect for Fortinet, where he grew to specialize in hyper-convergence, and public cloud solutions.
- Owl Labs, MA - Owl Labs announced that Bob Breznak has been named VP of Engineering. He is former VP, Engineering of GasBuddy. Owl Labs develops and manufactures a plug-and-play smart video camera for video conferencing.
- CSC ServiceWorks, NY - CSC ServiceWorks announced the hiring of Brad Paine as its Chief Digital Officer, a newly created role at the company. In his position, Paine will report directly to CEO Mark Hjelle and serve as a member of the Executive Leadership Team. Paine will directly oversee CSC's Connected Machines initiatives. Previously, Paine served as VP and General Manager for Connected Homes and Cities at Eaton Cooper Lighting. While at Eaton, Paine's team launched more than 100 new products, including the innovative Halo Home™ smart lighting system, the first to bring Bluetooth lighting control to the home.
- The Boeing Company, IL - The Boeing Company appointed Ted Colbert as President and CEO of Boeing Global Services. Vishwa Uddanwadiker is appointed to Colbert's former role as interim CIO and SVP of IT & Data Analytics. Previously, Vishwa was VP of IT Business Partners for Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA).
- Albertsons Companies, ID - Albertsons Companies announced that Chris Rupp has been named EVP & Chief Customer & Digital Officer. Rupp joins Albertsons Cos. from Microsoft Corporation, where she most recently served as General Manager of the company's Xbox Business Engineering team. Rupp will be responsible for integrating and enhancing customers' experiences across all digital touchpoints, accelerating the e-commerce business, and deepening customer relationships through loyalty programs. She will also assume responsibility for the company's enterprise data strategy and data science capabilities.
- U.S. Bancorp, MN - U.S. Bank has hired technology leader Dr. Tanushree Luke to lead Artificial Intelligence (AI) efforts at the company. In this role, she will drive the continued development of the AI practice within the U.S. Bank Innovation group and AI strategies across the enterprise. Dr. Luke joins U.S. Bank from Capital One, where she served as the Head of Predictive AI and Machine Learning for Capital One's Conversational AI Platform/Eno.
- Syncsort, NY - Syncsort announced that Amy O’Connor has joined its leadership team as Chief Data and Information Officer (CDIO). In this new role, she will leverage her data management, cloud and IT expertise to scale information services and leverage data securely for Syncsort’s rapidly growing business. Amy joins Syncsort from Cloudera where, as CDIO, she was responsible for customer digital experience, internal business systems, data science and analytics, IT operations and information security. Syncsort Incorporated develops on-premise and cloud enterprise software and big iron to big data solutions for clients in the United States and internationally.
- Infogain Corporation, CA - Infogain has appointed Narayan Kamat as VP and Global Head of Data, Analytics & AI. He focuses on AI and analytics driven digital and data transformation services and managing successful business outcomes for Infogain clients. Prior to joining Infogain, Narayan had a distinguished 18-year career at Cognizant where he held a number of progressive and global leadership roles while scaling up the Data and Analytics practice. Infogain Corporation, an IT services company, specializes in providing technology solutions for high-technology, retail, insurance, and transport industries worldwide.
- SAR, MD - SAR promoted Mr. Stephen Sigrist to the executive team as Data Scientist. Prior to joining SAR in 2018 to spearhead the Data Science team, Mr. Sigrist was a Senior Consultant at Nathan Associates. During his five-year tenure at Nathan, Mr. Sigrist performed complex statistical and economic analyses to support testifying economists with economic damages in complex securities and antitrust class action matters. SAR, a securities class action (SCA) data analytics software company, has closed on its final seed round, raising a total of $1 million in seed capital from a group of angel investors. SAR, a software, technology, and data analytics company, operates an platform that enables securities class action attorneys, D&O insurance carriers, alternative dispute resolution professionals, and investment professionals.
Security Chiefs/ CISOs
- American Electric Power Company, OH - American Electric Power has named Stephen L. Swick VP and chief security officer. Swick will succeed Stanley E. Partlow, who is transitioning to a short-term position and then retiring. Swick will have responsibility for physical security, cybersecurity and aviation at AEP. He will report to David M. Feinberg, EVP and general counsel. Steve has more than 30 years of information security and cybersecurity experience in industry and with the U.S. Air Force. He has been a key member of Stanley's leadership team and helped AEP build a robust cybersecurity organization. Swick, 50, has been director, Cybersecurity Intelligence & Defense for AEP since 2016.
- Equinix, CA - Equinix appointed Michael Montoya as CISO, further bolstering the company's commitment to security. Montoya joins Equinix from Digital Realty where he recently served as SVP & CISO.
- ManTech International Corporation, VA - ManTech announced that it has named Daniel E. Payne as SVP and Chief Security Officer, reporting to President and CEO Kevin M. In this role, Payne will lead all aspects of security, including physical, personnel, insider threat, digital, and program security. Payne joins ManTech from the DoD’s Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency, where as Director he transformed security with an innovative risk-based methodology, fed by intelligence and tailored to support facilities and diverse technologies across 13,000 locations.
- Webster Bank, CT - Webster Bank announced that Aimee Barricelli has been promoted to SVP, CISO. Barricelli joined Webster in November 2018 as VP, information security and was responsible for leading the execution of the bank's customer-focused information security strategic plan.
- BlackBerry Limited, ON, Canada - BlackBerry Limited has promoted BlackBerry Cylance VP John McClurg to BlackBerry CISO. McClurg will report directly to John Chen, BlackBerry Executive Chairman and CEO. As CISO, McClurg will lead all aspects of BlackBerry's information security program globally, ensuring the development and implementation of cybersecurity policies and procedures across all divisions and corporate functions.
- Fastly, CA - Fastly announced Mike Johnson as its newly appointed CISO. The former Lyft CISO brings more than 20 years of experience in the security field to Fastly as it further commits to providing safe, reliable experiences to its customers and end users. Johnson most recently led Lyft’s cybersecurity efforts during a period of fast growth and innovation for the company. Fastly operates an edge cloud platform for processing, serving, and securing its customer’s applications.
- Crowe LLP, IL - Crowe LLP named Rex Voorheis as the firm's first CISO. Voorheis has been with Crowe for 20 years, leading the enterprise information security and privacy functions for the past decade. During this time, the Crowe information security and privacy team has grown to nearly 30 security professionals. In his new officer role, Voorheis is responsible for the Crowe information security and privacy functions, developing information security strategy, defining information security requirements and practices and interfacing with clients to address security-related inquiries. Crowe LLP provides public accounting, consulting, and technology firm.
Rest of the World
Tech Chief Appointments
- Adecco Group AG, Switzerland - The Adecco Group announced that it has appointed Ralf Weissbeck as Group CIO. Ralf Weissbeck joined the Adecco Group in February 2019 as CTO, responsible for the Company's corporate IT infrastructure, enterprise architecture and global solution delivery management.
- Deutsche Bank AG, Germany - Dilipkumar Khandelwal, a former MD at SAP Labs India, has joined Deutsche Bank. He has joined the German bank as head of its technology centres and is to be based in Pune. In the role, Khandelwal will oversee the development of the bank's technology centres globally. He is to also become head of Technology, Data and Innovation for Asia Pacific and CIO for Human Resources, Legal and Communications for the bank.
- Standard Chartered Plc, United Kingdom - Standard Chartered has appointed Mohamed Abdel-Hamid Abdel-Razek as Regional CIO for Africa and Middle East (AME) as well as Islamic Banking. He is former Managing Director - Global Head Technology Ops and CnC (Collective Intelligence & Command Centre) and was based in Malaysia.
- Genpact Limited, Bermuda - Vidya Rao has joined Genpact as CIO. She comes after serving 16 years at Accenture where she was Managing Director - Products Technology.
- Globe Telecom, Philippines - Globe Telecom announced the appointment of Mr. Carlomagno E. Malana as CIO, responsible for all of Globe's systems development and infrastructure investments. He will also lead Globe's efforts to digitize its operations. Ms. Ma. Aurora Sy-Manalang, Globe's CIO since 2015, will assume a new role in fintech affiliate, Mynt as its Chief Technology & Operations Officer reporting to Mynt's President and CEO, Anthony Thomas, effective 01 January 2020.
- Lupin Limited, India - Lupin Limited appointed Sreeji Gopinathan as CIO. He will lead the IT function for Lupin globally, based in Mumbai. Sreeji brings to Lupin over 20 years of significant domain expertise and global experience. Most recently, Sreeji was with Reckitt Benckiser.
- Zur Rose Group AG, Switzerland - The Zur Rose Group has created the new position of Chief Strategy and Digital Officer. Zur Rose has successfully recruited Betül Susamis Unaran for the role. She most recently ran the digital agenda for Novartis Pharmaceuticals. Zur Rose Group AG, an e-commerce pharmacy company, wholesales products to medical practitioners under the Zur Rose and DocMorris brands in Germany and Austria.
- Allied Electronics Corporation, South Africa - Altron has appointed Collin Govender to the position of group CIO. Collin's immediate priority will be on developing an IT strategy and its governance structures with a special focus on group standards and information security. He is former Group Executive Shared Services of the company.
- Investec Asset Management Limited, United Kingdom - Investec Asset Management has appointed Lucia Pino-Garcia as CTO, in an effort to boost the firm’s technology platform. Pino-Garcia joins from six years at JP Morgan Asset Management where she was most recently global head of fixed income and liquidity technology. Before JP Morgan, Pino-Garcia worked for 13 years at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. Pino-Garcia will focus on developing the technology underpinning Investec AM’s global operations.
- Acclime Holdings HK Limited, Hong Kong - Acclime appointed Keith Loose as the CTO. Based in Hong Kong, Keith is responsible for developing a high-level IT architecture and delivery roadmap for Acclime. Over the years, he has designed and developed a number of technology platforms that processed millions of transactions daily while fulfilling respective industries' regulatory requirements. More recently, he has consulted to several industry disruptors in a range of sectors using Blockchain and other technologies. Acclime Holdings HK Limited provides corporate consultancy services.
CTO - Tech Product Appointments
- Telstra Corporation, Australia - Telstra appointed Kim Krogh Andersen to the role of Group Executive, Product & Technology, replacing Christian von Reventlow. Mr. Krogh Andersen is currently SVP, Head of Global Technology Strategy with the Telenor Group, a leading telecommunications company with operations across Scandinavia and Asia.
- Criteo S.A., France - Criteo S.A., France - Diarmuid Gill is the new CTO, in charge of managing Criteo’s R&D teams in Paris, Grenoble, Palo Alto and Ann Arbor. He joined Criteo in 2014 as a Senior Technical Director, looking after the Platforms group. Criteo S.A., a technology company, provides an advertising platform for the open Internet in France and internationally.
- nVent Electric Plc, United Kingdom - nVent Electric plc announced that Aravind Padmanabhan has joined the company as EVP and CTO. Aravind comes to nVent from Honeywell, where he served in a range of global CTO and engineering roles focused on the internet of things, cloud technologies and connectivity to advance customer solutions and experiences. nVent Electric plc designs, manufactures, markets, installs, and services electrical connection and protection products.
- Innofactor Plc, Finland - Innofactor announced that, it has hired a new CTO, Jufo Peltomaa. He will be a member of the Executive Board and will report to CEO Sami Ensio. Peltomaa has been involved in setting up several successful technology companies. The latest of these is Immersal, a pioneer in the field of augmented reality, in which he has held various managerial positions. Before this, Peltomaa was involved in setting up the artificial intelligence and robotics developer ZenRobotics, in which he was also the marketing and communications director and a member of the board of directors. Innofactor Plc provides digitalization and cloud solutions that focus on Microsoft platforms in the Nordic countries.
- Quartix Holdings Plc, United Kingdom - Quartix Holdings plc announced that Technical Director Laura Seffino has been appointed as CTO and to the Board of the Company. Seffino became the company's head of software in June and had previously held senior roles at 1Spatial. Quartix Holdings plc designs, develops, markets, and delivers vehicle telematics services.
- Oodle Financial Services Limited, United Kingdom - Oodle Car Finance has appointed Andrew Lawson as chief product officer, following the firm's recent closure of its first asset-backed securitisation (ABS), worth £350 million. Lawson joins Oodle from Zopa, where he has held the position of chief product officer for the past five years. Oodle Financial Services Limited offers car financing services.
- Roofoods Limited, United Kingdom - Deliveroo has appointed Dan Winn, a former director of engineering at Google, as its new CTO. Winn is being promoted from the role of VP of engineering, a position he has held since joining Deliveroo in October 2018. Roofoods Limited, doing business as Deliveroo, owns and operates an online food delivery platform in the United Kingdom.
- Sonovate Limited, United Kingdom - Sonovate has appointed Bob Strudwick as CTO. Strudwick brings with him over 30 years' experience, most recently with ASOS where he was promoted to become the company’s first CTO in 2015. Sonovate Limited provides financing services for the recruitment industry in the United Kingdom.
- Finastra Group Holdings Limited, United Kingdom - Finastra has hired Lisa Fiondella as Chief Data Officer to lead its comprehensive data strategy, including how data collected through the FusionFabric.cloud platform and various cloud-based solutions, can be best utilized. She will be responsible for developing a data product roadmap and manage the process of bringing new data products to market. Lisa brings with her an extensive background spanning data, analytics, financial services, product management, product development, marketing, sales and operations. She most recently served as VP of Analytic Products for Experian, where she was responsible for developing analytic products harnessing vast data assets and advanced analytics, including machine learning and AI. Finastra Group Holdings Limited develops financial software solutions in the United Kingdom and internationally.
- American Express Global Business Travel, United Kingdom - American Express Global Business Travel has appointed David Levin as its new CISO. Former CISO, Western Union. GBT Travel Services UK Limited, doing business as American Express Global Business Travel (GBT), provides business travel services.
Recent Vell Placements
For Specific bios and announcements, please refer to our Website - www.vell.com
Carbonite (CARB), Online Backup for SMB (SaaS) - Board Members (2)
CEOs/ Presidents/ GMs
CTOs/ Engineering/ CIOs/CISOs
About Vell Executive Search
- Deep tech industry retained search experience
- More dedicated time as consultants have few parallel projects.
- Thorough understanding of your company’s business and culture
- Behavioral interviews and competency scorecards.
- Constant two-way, direct communication and 24 /7 availability.
- Insightful and detailed reference checking
- Broad reach of candidates: no hidden relationships. No off-limits.
- Analytics based search process.
Boston, MA 02110