Geographic Distribution of Open Tech CEO Roles & Appointments
Reasons for CEO departures of Note
- As the board of Conduent Incorporated battle activist investor Carl Icahn for control of the business, the company announced that Ashok Vemuri intends to step down as CEO and board member.
- Symantec named its board member Richard S. Hill as Interim President and CEO. He succeeds President & CEO Greg Clark, who also stepped down as board member. The leadership change follows multiple key executive exits at Symantec late last year, including the COO and CMO, an internal accounting probe, activist investor unrest and enterprise sales struggles.
- Everbridge founder and CEO Jaime Ellertson will transition in July 2019.
- Itron has appointed COO Tom Deitrich to succeed Philip Mezey as CEO.
- Israel based On Track Innovations' CEO will step down by the end of 2019 and will then assume the role of Chairperson of the Board.
M&A / Spin-offs
- Nanometrics and Rudolph Technologies are combining in an all-stock merger of equals transaction. Rudolph CEO Michael Plisinski will serve as CEO of the newly formed company.
- Centre Lane acquired Turning Technologies and sppointed a new CEO while they invest heavily in the company's growth opportunities.
- Silverfleet Capital completed its acqusition of UK based Aptitude Software Group Plc, naming a new CEO.
- DocuTAP and Practice Velocity announced their merger to form Experity and the appointment of Dr. David Stern as the company's new CEO.
- Naerodynamics announced the reverse merger of once privately held PowerTech Bit and appointment of a new CEO.
- Sansoro Health and Datica Health announced that they have merged, offering a self-service platform for securing cloud-based applications and integrating patient data from multiple sources. The combined entity retains the Datica name and named a new CEO.
- Flamingo AI Limited announced their COO as new CEO, after a fresh funding received in April 2019
Disappointing Results: Stratasys, Marchex
Personal Reasons: TiVo, Birlasoft
Long term open roles: Marchex has been without a CEO since October 2016. The call analytics and call tracking company has had an “office of the CEO”.
Sudden resignations: Gillian Tans is out as president and CEO of Booking.com.
3 Newly Opened Roles - Geographic Distribution
- 2 out of 3 Newly Opened Tech CEO Roles are in North America: Carbonite, MA and Episerver, NH.
- 1 Newly Opened Role in Israel: On Track Innovations
For all 24 Open Tech CEO Roles & All Appointments
Most active regions/states/countries for Open Tech CEO Roles
- West Pacific, Northeast and Mid-Atlantic and Canada have 6 open roles each.
The most active regions/states/countries for Incoming CEOs: Midwest
- 5 out of the 31 appointments in North America are in the Midwest area.
Sources of CEO Appointments
12 out of 31 CEOs appointed were sourced externally (39%)
Hope you enjoy this newsletter and find it useful. Suggestions and corrections are most welcome and appreciated.
Thanks again and all the best,
Vell Executive Search is a retained executive search firm that specializes in recruiting technology execs for boards and executive roles, including Board Members, CEOs, Presidents, GMs, CTOs/Chief Digital Officers/VP Engineering, SVP Sales, Chief Revenue Officers, CMOs, and CFOs. Vell has built a reputation for recruiting talented high-performing leadership teams globally. www.vell.com.
In this Edition
Open Tech CEO Roles: United States, Canada, EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America
New Tech CEO Appointments: United States, Canada, EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America
Vell Executive Search Representative Placements: Board, CEOs, GMs, CTOs, CFOs, SVP Sales, SVP, Marketing, CIOs, Chief Digital Officers
About Vell Executive Search
Open Tech CEO Roles
Open Tech CEO Roles - United States
- Northeast & Mid Atlantic: Conduent Incorporated, NJ; Eastman Kodak Company, NY; Carbonite, MA; Episerver, NH; Wayside Technology Group, NJ; Mach7 Technologies Limited, VT
- Midwest: Stratasys, MN
- South Central: GlobalSCAPE, TX
- South Atlantic: LightPath Technologies, FL
- West Pacific: Symantec Corporation, CA; Coherent, CA; Synaptics, CA; Cloudera, CA; Marchex, WA; Move, CA.
Northeast Open Tech CEO Roles
- Conduent Incorporated, NJ, May 2019 - As the board of Conduent Incorporated battles activist investor Carl Icahn for control of the business, the company announced that Ashok Vemuri intends to step down as CEO and board member. To ensure an orderly transition, he will continue in his current role as CEO and as a member of the Board of Directors until his successor is appointed, which the Board expects to occur during the third quarter of 2019. The Conduent Board has initiated a search to identify the Company’s next CEO and is considering internal and external candidates as part of the process. The Board has retained an executive search firm to assist with the process.
- Eastman Kodak Company, NY, Feb 2019 - The Board of Directors of Eastman Kodak Company appointed Chairman Jim Continenza as the company's new Executive Chairman. Jeffrey J. Clarke, 57, stepped down after nearly five years as CEO. No new CEO has been named yet, and no announcement from the company on the CEO search. Clarke's seat on the Board has been filled by Phillippe D. Katz, newly appointed Director of Kodak.
- Carbonite, MA - Carbonite announced that Chairman Steve Munford has been named Interim CEO and Executive Chairman. This appointment follows Mohamad Ali's decision to step down as President, CEO and member of the Company's Board in order to pursue other professional opportunities in the media and research industry. Munford has served as a member of the Carbonite Board since January 2014, and as Chairman of the Board since March 2016. Carbonite provides backup, disaster recovery, high availability, and workload migration technology solutions in the United States. The Carbonite Board is conducting a thorough and comprehensive search, with the assistance of an international executive search firm, to identify the best candidate to serve as the Company’s next CEO.
- Episerver, NH, May 2019 - Episerver CEO Mark Duffell stepped down in April 2019 according to his LinkedIN update. There was no public announcement about the leadership change. The website doesn't mention any new CEO. Insight Venture Partners, a New York-based global private equity firm focused on high-growth investments in the technology sector, acquired Episerver in a transaction valuing at $1.16 billion in September 2018.
- Wayside Technology Group, NJ, May 2019 - Wayside announced that Steve DeWindt has resigned as the Company's President, CEO and member of the Board, for personal health reasons. Michael Vesey, the Company's current Vice President and CFO, will serve as the company's interim President and CEO until a permanent successor has been named. Wayside Technology Group operates as an IT channel company worldwide.
- Mach7 Technologies Limited, VT, Mar 2019 - Mach7 Technologies announced that Mike Jackman, Mach7's CEO, departed the Company. The Board has appointed COO, Mike Lampron, as interim CEO. Mach7 Technologies provides enterprise imaging data sharing, storage, and interoperability solutions for healthcare enterprises worldwide.
Midwest Open Tech CEO Roles
- Stratasys, MN, May 2018 - Ilan Levin stepped down from his positions as CEO and Director of the 3D printer and additive manufacturing company, after less than two years on the job. Elchanan (Elan) Jaglom, the company’s current Chairman of the Board, is interim CEO until a successor is appointed. The company is conducting a CEO Search. 3D printers and 3D production systems for office-based rapid prototyping and direct manufacturing solution.
South Central Open CEO Roles
- GlobalSCAPE, TX, Apr 2019 - GlobalSCAPE announced, with deep sadness, the unexpected demise of its President and CEO, Matthew C. Goulet. The board has named Chairman Robert Alpert as Interim CEO while the search for a permanent replacement continues. GlobalSCAPE develops and distributes software, delivers managed and hosted solutions, and provides associated services for secure information exchange, and data transfer and sharing for enterprises and consumers worldwide.
South Atlantic Open CEO Roles
- LightPath Technologies, FL, Jun 2019 - LightPath Technologies announced that Jim Gaynor intends to retire as President and CEO in June 2020 after more than 12 years with the Company. Mr. Gaynor will continue to serve as the Company’s CEO and President until a successor has been selected and will assist the Company’s board of directors in its ongoing succession planning. He will also continue to serve as a director. LightPath Technologies designs, develops, manufactures, and distributes optical components and assemblies.
West Pacific Open Tech CEO Roles
- Symantec Corporation, CA, May 2019 – Symantec announced that Richard S. Hill, current Symantec director and former Chairman and CEO of Novellus Systems, has been appointed Interim President and CEO. He succeeds Greg Clark, who has stepped down as President and CEO and as a member of the Symantec Board. The Company will commence a search process to find a permanent CEO. Greg Clark was appointed Symantec CEO when the security giant acquired Blue Coat in 2016, where he was CEO. The leadership change follows multiple key executive exits at Symantec late last year, including the COO and CMO, an internal accounting probe, activist investor unrest and enterprise sales struggles.
- Coherent, CA, Apr 2019 - Coherent announced that President and CEO John Ambroseo have entered into a transition and retirement agreement, pursuant to which he will step down from his roles no later than April 2021. The Governance and Nominating Committee of the Board is leading a global search for Mr. Ambroseo's successor. Coherent provides lasers, laser-based technologies, and laser-based system solutions for a range of scientific, commercial, and industrial applications.
- Synaptics Incorporated, CA, Mar 2019 - Synaptics announced the departure of Richard Bergman as CEO. The company’s Board of Directors has appointed Alex Wong, it’s SVP of Worldwide Operations, as interim principal executive officer of the company. The Board has commenced a comprehensive search and evaluation process to select a new CEO. Synaptics develops intuitive human interface solutions for electronic devices and products worldwide.
- Cloudera, CA, Jun 2019 - Cloudera announced that Tom Reilly will retire as CEO and as a member of the Board. The Board has appointed Martin Cole, Chairman of the Board, as interim CEO. Mr. Cole will work with Mr. Reilly in the meantime to help ensure a smooth transition and to lead the Company's executive team while the Board conducts a search for a permanent CEO. The Board has appointed a committee consisting of board members Peter Fenton, Kim Hammonds, Michael Stankey and Mr. Cole to work with a leading executive recruiting firm to conduct the search for Cloudera's next CEO. Cloudera provides a suite of data analytics and management products in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
- Marchex, WA, Oct 2016 - Pete Christothoulou resigned as CEO in October 2016. An office of the CEO for the call analytics and call tracking company is still in place as of July 25, 2019.
- Move, CA, Jun 2019 - Ryan O’Hara will be departing as CEO of Move, to join Shutterfly as CEO. Ms. Tracey Fellows has been named Acting CEO of Move, operator of realtor.com, while a search for a new chief executive is underway. Ms. Fellows will continue to serve as News Corp’s President of Global Digital Real Estate and lead the development of the fastest growing sector in the company. Move operates an online network of Websites for real estate search in North America.
Open Tech CEO Roles - Canada
- British Columbia: HIVE Blockchain Technologies, CounterPath, Cascadia Blockchain Group, BLOK Technologies, Squire Mining
- Ontario: First Global Data
Details of Open Tech CEO Roles - Canada
- HIVE Blockchain Technologies, BC, Canada, Aug 2018 - HIVE announced Harry Pokrandt is retiring from his full-time role as President, CEO and Director. Frank Holmes, the company's Chairman, will act as Interim Executive Chairman and Olivier Roussy Newton, a Director of the company, will act as Interim President to ensure a smooth transition of management duties. The Board of Directors has begun a search for a new CEO and will take due care and appropriate time in finding the right candidate to propel HIVE into its next phase of growth and development.
- CounterPath Corporation, BC, Canada, Sep 2018 - CounterPath Corporation announced that Donovan Jones has resigned as President, CEO and director. David Karp, CFO, will serve in an interim role as CEO and lead company until a new CEO is appointed. Desktop and mobile SIP-based VoIP softphones and solutions for enterprises and service providers. Home of the industry favorite Bria and X-Lite clients.
- First Global Data, ON, Canada, Dec 2018 - First Global Data announced the resignation of its Chairman and CEO, Mr. Andre Itwaru, though the company website still lists him as the CEO. The Company is actively sourcing a replacement CEO and will provide additional updates by way of press release. First Global Data provides electronic payments and transaction processing solutions.
- Cascadia Blockchain Group Corp., BC, Canada, Apr 2019 - Cascadia Blockchain Group announced the appointment of Mr. Robin Guo as the Board member and the Acting President & CEO for the vacancies left behind by Ms. Rachel Wang upon her resignation, though the company website still lists her as the CEO. Cascadia Blockchain Group engages in the development of block chain technology platform.
- BLOK Technologies, BC, Canada, Jan 2019 - BLOK Technologies announced the resignation of President & CEO Robert Dawson. Mr. James Hyland, Director, will be serving as interim president. The company has promptly begun a search for a permanent President & CEO. The Company invests in and develops emerging companies in the blockchain technology sector.
- Squire Mining Ltd., BC, Canada, Jan 2019 - Squire Mining announced that COO Mrs. Angela Holowaychuk will assume the responsibilities of interim CEO until a permanent appointment is announced. The company announced the resignation of Taras Kulyk as CEO. Filling the vacancy on the Board of Directors due to the departure of Taras Kulyk, Mrs. Angela Holowaychuk was appointed to the Board for Squire Mining. Squire Mining Ltd. engages in the development, operation, and manufacture of data mining infrastructure and system technology to support blockchain applications in the crypto-asset mining space worldwide.
Open Tech CEO Roles - Rest of the World
- Sweden: Cherry AB
- Australia: CSG Limited
- Israel: On Track Innovations
Details of Open Tech CEO Roles - Rest of the World
- Cherry AB, Sweden, May 2018 - Anders Holmgren, CEO and President, left the Swedish gaming company. Gunnar Lind is acting CEO and will remain in this position to ascertain that the group develops according to plan until a permanent CEO is appointed. Swedish Economic Crime Authority initiated an investigation for insider crime as a result of share trading by Cherry’s CEO, Anders Holmgren. Cherry AB’s principal owner is Bridgepoint Europe VI Fund. The Board has resolved to apply for delisting of the Cherry share, series B, from Nasdaq Stockholm.
- CSG Limited, Australia, Mar 2019 - The Directors of CSG Limited have determined that for the Company's strategic transformation program and growth strategy "CSG 2021" to be best implemented, a change of leadership is required. As a result, Mark Bayliss, CSG's Chairman and Executive Director, has been appointed Acting CEO & Managing Director, and has stepped aside from the Chairman's role. Once "CSG 2021" is further progressed, the Board will undertake a selection process for a CEO & Managing Director. Julie-Ann Kerin has stepped down from the role of CEO & Managing Director and has resigned as a Director of the Company. CSG Limited provides print and business technology solutions in Australia and New Zealand.
- On Track Innovations, Israel, Jun 2019 - On Track Innovations' CEO and member of the Board of Directors, Mr. Shlomi Cohen, will step down from the position of CEO by the end of 2019 and will then assume the role of Chairperson of the Board. The Company has initiated the process of recruiting a new CEO. Subject to approval by the Company's shareholders, the transition will be effective January 1, 2020. After stepping down from the position of Chairperson of the Board, Mr. Scott Medford is expected to continue to serve as a Director.
Tech CEO Appointments
Tech CEO Appointments - US
- Northeast & Mid-Atlantic: Nanometrics, MA; Everbridge, MA; CloudCheckr, NY; Conversocial, NY
- Midwest: Paycor, OH; Turning Technologies, OH; Applications Software Technology, IL; Experity, SD; Datica Health, WI
- South Central: PerfectServe, TN
- West Mountain: LogRhythm, CO; Naerodynamics, CO
- West Pacific: Itron, WA; Vesta Corporation, OR; Smaato, CA
Tech CEO Appointments in the US Northeast & Mid-Atlantic
- Nanometrics, MA - Nanometrics Incorporated and Rudolph Technologies announced they will combine in an all-stock merger of equals transaction. Rudolph CEO Michael Plisinski will serve as CEO of the newly formed company.
- Everbridge, MA - Everbridge announced that David Meredith has been appointed as the CEO and a member of the Board of Directors of the Company. The CEO role has been open since June 2018. Mr. Meredith succeeds the current CEO, Jaime Ellertson, who will transition to the role of Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors. Mr. Meredith joins Everbridge from Rackspace where he was COO.
- CloudCheckr, NY - CloudCheckr named Tim McKinnon as CEO and as a member of the Board. Tim joins CloudCheckr following an exceptional first half of 2019, including over 50% revenue growth and an aggressive hiring plan that will nearly double staff to over 200 worldwide by the end of the year in their Rochester, NY headquarters and recently opened Seattle and London regional offices. Founder and former CEO, Aaron Newman, moves to the Executive Chairman role on the Board of Directors. Most recently, Tim was President & CEO at Sonian, an Amazon and venture capital funded company, acquired by Barracuda Networks. CloudCheckr provides cost management, security, reporting and analytics to help users optimize their AWS and Azure deployments for public cloud users.
- Conversocial, NY - Conversocial has announced that Ido Bornstein-HaCohen was promoted to CEO to further the company's promise to completely revolutionize the 60-year-old customer service industry. Founder and former CEO Joshua March will remain on the company's board. Bornstein-HaCohen joined Conversocial as COO in 2017 to oversee all commercial operations. Conversocial provides social customer service solutions.
Tech CEO Appointments in the US Midwest Region
- Paycor, OH - Paycor announced that founder Bob Coughlin, 57, is stepping down as CEO of the company, but he will remain with the firm as chairman of the board. He will be succeeded as CEO by Raul Villar Jr., 51. Villar joins Paycor from AdvancedMD, a provider of software-as-a-service, multitenant cloud solutions for independent physicians where he has been CEO since 2015. Stacey Browning remains as president of Paycor and will report to Villar. Paycor offers cloud-based human resource (HR), payroll, and timekeeping software solutions for small- and mid-sized businesses in the United States.
- Turning Technologies, OH - Kenneth Frank has been appointed CEO of Turning Technologies. Prior to joining Turning Technologies, he was CEO of Kibo Software, COO of Aptean, and the President, Solutions and Marketing, for Alcatel-Lucent. Centre Lane, a New York-based private investment firm, recently acquired Turning Technologies and continues to invest heavily in the company's growth opportunities. Turning Technologies develops audience response systems and data collection solutions for K-12 schools, universities, and businesses worldwide.
- Applications Software Technology, IL - Applications Software Technology appointed Justin Winter as its CEO. Pravin Kumar, AST’s founder and past CEO has been named Vice Chairman and in this new role will be responsible for strategic planning and acquisitions. Before joining AST, Justin spent 15 years at Hitachi Consulting where he held multiple leadership positions. His most recent position was COO where he had responsibility for all sales, marketing, delivery, and operations globally. Applications Software Technology LLC, provides consulting services for Oracle Applications implementations and upgrades.
- Experity, SD - In May 2019, DocuTAP and Practice Velocity announced their merger to form Experity and the appointment of Dr. David Stern as the company's new CEO. Former CEO of both Urgent Care Consultants and Practice Velocity, LLC. Experity develops and delivers technology solutions to on-demand healthcare practices and primary care clinics in the United States and internationally.
- Datica Health, WI - Healthcare technology company Sansoro Health and cloud-based digital health platform provider Datica Health announced that they have merged, offering a self-service platform for securing cloud-based applications and integrating patient data from multiple sources. The combined entity retains the Datica name and is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN. Jeremy E. Pierotti, previous CEO and co-founder of Sansoro Health, will assume the role of CEO. Travis Good, MD, previous Datica CEO and co-founder, will serve as CTO.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US South Central Region
- PerfectServe, TN - PerfectServe announced that Guillaume Castel has joined the company as CEO. Castel will assume day-to-day leadership and operational responsibilities, while Terry Edwards, PerfectServe's founder, will transition to Chairman of the Board to help guide the company through its next phase of growth. Prior to PerfectServe, Castel served as VP of Business Development at Northern Virginia's Inova Health System, a large nonprofit provider with five main hospitals, over 18,000 employees and more than $3 billion in yearly revenue. PerfectServe develops secure communications and collaboration platform for the healthcare industry in the United States.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US West
- LogRhythm, CO - LogRhythm appointed Mark Logan as the company’s CEO. Most recently, Logan served as president of Attunity, a leading provider of data integration and big data management software solutions and a division of Qlik. LogRhythm designs and develops a security intelligence and analytics platform. Private equity firm Thoma Bravo acquired LogRhythm in mid-2018.
- Naerodynamics, CO - Naerodynamics announced the reverse merger of once privately held PowerTech Bit. As part of the transaction, all of the officers and directors of Naerodynamics have resigned and are no longer affiliated with the Company. Tatiana Shishova was appointed as Director and Anastasia Shishova has been appointment as CEO and Director. PowerTech Bit’s principal line of business is the selling of Bitcoin Mining Equipment Naerodynamics sells bitcoin mining equipment.
- Itron, WA - Itron has appointed Tom Deitrich to the position of president and CEO. Deitrich will also join Itron’s board of directors. Deitrich has served as Itron’s EVP and COO since October 2015. He succeeds Philip Mezey, who has been president and CEO since 2013.
- Vesta Corporation, OR - Vesta reported it has named Ron Hynes as its new CEO. Founder and outgoing CEO Doug Fieldhouse will remain on the board of directors as chairman. Most recently, as CEO of UniRush, Hynes led the turnaround and eventual sale of the company and its RushCard business to GreenDot. Now, Hynes is charged with leading Vesta as it pursues an aggressive expansion agenda on both product and geographic fronts. Vesta Corporation provides electronic payment solutions.
- Smaato, CA - Smaato announced that Arndt Groth will be promoted to CEO. He will be succeeding Ragnar Kruse. Mr. Kruse and Ms. Vorsteher are moving on by starting a new company. Arndt Groth has served as President of Smaato for the past year and a half and will assume his new role. Smaato operates a real-time advertising platform for mobile publishers, application developers, and advertisers worldwide.
Tech CEO Appointments - Canada
- Quebec: Provance Technologies
- British Columbia: NuData Security
Tech CEO Appointments - Canada
- Provance Technologies, QC, Canada - Provance has appointed Kelly Moodie as CEO. Moodie previously held the position of VP of Sales and Partners. Provance Technologies provides information technology (IT) asset management software for enterprises and government organizations worldwide.
- NuData Security, BC, Canada - NuData Security announced that Christopher Bailey, SVP and chief technology officer, has been appointed CEO of NuData and EVP of EMV/Digital Devices at Mastercard. Christophers appointment follows the retirement of Michel Giasson, who served as CEO of NuData for the last 12 years and guided the business to the award-winning passive biometrics company that it is today. Christopher co-founded NuData with Michel in 2007. In 2017, Mastercard acquired NuData. NuData Security develops and markets biometrics and behavioral analytics solutions.
Tech CEO Appointments - Rest of the World
- UK: Aptitude Software Group, Sportech, Tungsten Corporation
- Australia: Afterpay Touch Group, Flamingo AI
- Ireland: Accenture Plc
- Netherlands: Booking.com
- Finland: Basware Oyj
- Germany: asknet AG
- Denmark: Lauritz.com Group
- Belgium: Image Recognition Integrated Systems Group
- Isarel: Panaya
- Switzerland: B3i Services
- Sweden: Wiraya
Tech CEO Appointment Details - Rest of the World
- Accenture Plc, Ireland - Accenture’s board of directors announced that Julie Sweet has been appointed as CEO. David Rowland, currently interim CEO, has been appointed executive chairman. Former Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme stepped down from the global IT consulting and professional services firm in January 2019 and died later that month from cancer. Rowland has been running the company since that time.
- Booking.com B.V., Netherlands - Gillian Tans is out as president and CEO of Booking.com and the parent company’s CEO, Glenn Fogel, is assuming her role. Fogel is the CEO and President of Booking Holdings. Prior to becoming CEO, he served as head of worldwide strategy and planning, a position he held from November 2010 to December 2016.
- Basware Oyj, Finland - Basware Oyj has appointed Klaus Andersen as the CEO of the company. Andersen has been the interim CEO since March 2019. Klaus Andersen was previously Chief Technology Officer and a member of the Executive Team at Basware, having joined the company in September 2018. Basware Oyj provides networked purchase-to-pay solutions, and e-invoicing and financing services for organizations in Finland and internationally.
- Afterpay Touch Group, Australia - Australia’s Afterpay Touch Group Ltd on Tuesday said it was moving toward appointing a “majority independent board with an independent chair”, as the fast-growing lender boosts governance amid scrutiny from the financial crime watchdog. Executive Director and Group Head David Hancock will leave the firm after an up to 12-month handover, and that co-founder and Executive Chairman Anthony Eisen will become CEO. Afterpay Touch Group Limited operates as a payments company in Australia.
- asknet AG, Germany - In connection with his election to the Supervisory Board, Aston Fallen resigned from his position as CEO of asknet AG. Victor Iezuitov was appointed as the company's new CEO. Iezuitov is the Chairman of Supervisory Board since April 2019. asknet AG is majority owned by the Swiss-listed international technology and media group The Native SA. Iezuitov is former CFO of The Native SA. asknet AG, together with its subsidiaries, provides e-commerce solutions for the electronic distribution of digital and physical goods in Germany, rest of Europe, the United States, Asia, and other countries.
- Aptitude Software Group Plc, United Kingdom - Tom Crawford, CEO of Aptitude Software, will be stepping down. Chief Client Officer Jeremy Suddards will be appointed to the Board and transition to the role of CEO in the coming months once the new management structures have been finalised. Aptitude, which itself was known as Microgen until a rebranding in April, took the decision to separate following a strategic review and the sale to private equity firm, Silverfleet Capital, was subsequently completed in June 2019. Aptitude Software Group Plc, together with its subsidiaries, develops, implements, and supports business critical software and related services in the United Kingdom and internationally.
- Sportech Plc, United Kingdom - Sportech PLC announced that the Group's Interim Executive Chairman, Richard McGuire, has been appointed as the Group's CEO. McGuire joined the Sportech Board in 2016 as a Non-Executive Director prior to becoming Non-Executive Chairman and then Interim Executive Chairman. To support the US business strategy, he relocated earlier this year to Connecticut, where the Group's US headquarters are situated. Sportech Plc, a sports entertainment company, provides technology solutions for gaming companies, sports teams, and racetracks in the United Kingdom, North America, South America, Europe, and internationally.
- Tungsten Corporation Plc, United Kingdom - Tungsten Corporation plc announced that Andrew Lemonofides will be joining the Board as CEO in September 2019. Andrew is currently the Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer at IWG plc, having previously served as Chief Strategy Officer. Most recently Andrew spent 13 years at Dell Corporation in various senior finance and operations roles, including COO Emerging Markets, European Commercial Operations Director and Finance Director UK LCA. Tungsten Corporation Plc operates an e-invoicing network that also provides supply chain financing and spend analytics.
- Lauritz.com Group, Denmark - Lauritz.com A/S announced appointment of Carsten Rysgaard as new CEO, effective 1 January 2020. Currently, Rysgaard is CEO for EDC-Gruppen, where he has been heading the digital transformation and driving sales focus in a business that relies on attracting sellers and linking relevant properties to buyers via digital platforms. Lauritz.com Group A/S provides online auction services.
- Flamingo AI Limited, Australia - Flamingo AI Limited announced that COO Mr. Olivier Cauderlier has been appointed as CEO. Founder and Managing Director, Dr. Catriona Wallace, would transition out of the CEO role. Effective immediately, Dr. Wallace will take up the role of Head of Business Development and will remain on the Flamingo Ai Board. Flamingo AI Limited, an enterprise technology company, provides cognitive virtual assistant artificial intelligence (AI) platforms for enterprises selling and servicing complex products online in Australia.
- Image Recognition Integrated Systems Group S.A., Belgium - Image Recognition Integrated Systems Group S.A. announced the appointment of Marc Bory as new CEO. New CEO will further strengthen synergies with Canon EMEA and continue global expansion. Former European Senior Director. Solutions & Information Management. Document Solution Business Unit. Image Recognition Integrated Systems Group S.A., together with its subsidiaries, develops and sells intelligent document recognition technologies and software packages to personal and business users worldwide.
- Panaya Ltd., Israel - Panaya has appointed Chief Product Officer David Binny as CEO. Binny succeeds Jake Klein, who served as CEO since 2016. As present digital businesses seamlessly adopt and scale agile across IT and business, the appointment will enable Panaya to maintain its position as the leader in SaaS-based change automation and testing for SAP, Oracle and Salesforce. Panaya provides cloud-based quality management solutions for enterprise applications worldwide.
- B3i Services AG, Switzerland - B3i has appointed John Carolin as CEO. The company said that Carolin had joined the firm as a CFO in March 2018. He had been interim CEO since March 2019. John’s work experience spans the risk transfer industry including both insurance and reinsurance, as well as technology and entrepreneurship. He has founded, led, or grown ventures that include a carbon offset platform, a retail property asset manager and a B2B advertising marketplace. He has worked in South Africa, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. B3i Services AG develops a blockchain application, which offers insurance and reinsurance contract services.
- Wiraya, Sweden, - Swedish artificial intelligence firm Wiraya has appointed Johan Jardevall as new CEO. He will be taking over from Oskar Klingberg, who held the positon for almost eight years. Jardevall recently served as chief sales officer at EPiServer after working for digital agency Valtech, where he founded and grew the agency to become a NMA top 100 UK digital agency in two years. The company is one of the fastest-growing marketing tech SaaS companies in Europe, with offices in Stockholm, London, and Malta. The company uses AI to predict and adapt when, what and how to communicate with each customer and enables personalised automated customer dialogues.
Vell Executive Search Representative Placements
About Vell Executive Search
- Deep tech industry retained search experience
- More dedicated time as consultants have few parallel projects.
- Thorough understanding of your company’s business and culture
- Behavioral interviews and competency scorecards.
- Constant two-way, direct communication and 24 /7 availability.
- Insightful and detailed reference checking
- Broad reach of candidates: no hidden relationships. No off-limits.
- Analytics based search process.
Vell Executive Search Contact