Geographic Distribution of Open Tech CEO Roles & Appointments
Reasons for CEO departures of Note
- As the board of Conduent Incorporated battle activist investor Carl Icahn for control of the business, the company announced that Ashok Vemuri intends to step down as CEO and board member.
- Symantec named its board member Richard S. Hill as Interim President and CEO. He succeeds President & CEO Greg Clark, who also stepped down as board member. The leadership change follows multiple key executive exits at Symantec late last year, including the COO and CMO, an internal accounting probe, activist investor unrest and enterprise sales struggles.
- Everbridge founder and CEO Jaime Ellertson will transition in July 2019.
- Alliance Data Systems named President of Alliance Data's Card Services business as CEO
- MKS Instruments’ CEO is retiring. COO named as CEO
- Intema Solutions named its CEO as Exec Chair.
- Iota Communications’ CFO named as new CEO. CEO takes up role of Exec Chair.
- IaaS cloud service provider Faction appointed its President as CEO.
M&A / Spin-offs
- Nuance Communications spins off its Automotive business and names new CEO to lead the entity.
- Virtual Reality content developer TimefireVR was acquired by Red Cat in a reverse merger transaction. Red Cat founder and President is new CEO.
Disappointing Results: EVINE Live, Stratasys, Marchex
Personal Reasons: TiVo, Birlasoft
Long term open roles: Marchex has been without a CEO since October 2016. The call analytics and call tracking company has had an “office of the CEO”.
Sudden resignations: MACOM Technology Solutions, Stratasys, TiVo Corp, Mach7 (restructuring), EVINE Live (financial losses and restructuring).
6 Newly Opened Roles - Geographic Distribution
- All Newly Opened Tech CEO Roles are in North America: Conduent (NJ), Symantec (CA), Cloudera (CA), Wayside Technology Group (NJ), LightPath Technologies (FL), Move (CA).
For all 24 Open Tech CEO Roles & All Appointments
Most active states/countries for Open Tech CEO Roles: West Coast
- 7 of the 21 of the open roles in North America are in the West Pacific area, with 5 open roles being in California and 2 in Washington.
The most active states/countries for Incoming CEOs: Northeast and Mid-Atlantic and West Pacific
- 7 out of the 23 appointments in North America are in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic area and 6 appointments in the West Pacific area.
Appointments: There was 1 woman CEO appointed (North America) and 26 men.
- Men replacing Women: None
- Women replacing Men: 1
- Men replacing Men: 24
- Women replacing Women: None
- Men not replaced by anyone yet: 22
- Women not replaced by anyone yet: 2
69% of men CEOs got hired externally
- 1 female CEO appointed was “internal”, i.e. promotion or from the existing board.
- 31% of the men appointed were “internal”, i.e. promotions or from the existing board.
Sources of CEO Appointments
10 out of 27 CEOs appointed were sourced externally (37%)
Hope you enjoy this newsletter and find it useful. Suggestions and corrections are most welcome and appreciated.
Thanks again and all the best,
Vell Executive Search is a retained executive search firm that specializes in recruiting technology execs for boards and executive roles, including Board Members, CEOs, Presidents, GMs, CTOs/Chief Digital Officers/VP Engineering, SVP Sales, Chief Revenue Officers, CMOs, and CFOs. Vell has built a reputation for recruiting talented high-performing leadership teams globally. www.vell.com.
In this Edition
Open Tech CEO Roles: United States, Canada, EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America
New Tech CEO Appointments: United States, Canada, EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America
Vell Executive Search Representative Placements: Board, CEOs, GMs, CTOs, CFOs, SVP Sales, SVP, Marketing, CIOs, Chief Digital Officers
About Vell Executive Search
Open Tech CEO Roles
Open Tech CEO Roles - United States
- Northeast & Mid Atlantic: Conduent Incorporated, NJ; Eastman Kodak Company, NY; Wayside Technology Group, NJ; Everbridge, MA; Mach7 Technologies Limited, VT
- Midwest: Stratasys, MN.
- South Central: GlobalSCAPE, TX.
- South Atlantic: LightPath Technologies, FL
- West Pacific: Symantec Corporation, CA; Itron, WA; Coherent, CA; Synaptics, CA; Cloudera, CA; Marchex, WA; Move, CA
Northeast Open Tech CEO Roles
- Conduent Incorporated, NJ, May 2019 - As the board of Conduent Incorporated battles activist investor Carl Icahn for control of the business, the company announced that Ashok Vemuri intends to step down as CEO and board member. To ensure an orderly transition, he will continue in his current role as CEO and as a member of the Board of Directors until his successor is appointed, which the Board expects to occur during the third quarter of 2019. The Conduent Board has initiated a search to identify the Company’s next CEO and is considering internal and external candidates as part of the process. The Board has retained an executive search firm to assist with the process.
- Eastman Kodak Company, NY, Feb 2019 - The Board of Directors of Eastman Kodak Company appointed Chairman Jim Continenza as the company's new Executive Chairman. Jeffrey J. Clarke, 57, stepped down after nearly five years as CEO. No new CEO has been named yet, and no announcement from the company on the CEO search. Clarke's seat on the Board has been filled by Phillippe D. Katz, newly appointed Director of Kodak.
- Wayside Technology Group, NJ, May 2019 - Wayside announced that Steve DeWindt has resigned as the Company's President, CEO and member of the Board, for personal health reasons. Michael Vesey, the Company's current Vice President and CFO, will serve as the company's interim President and CEO until a permanent successor has been named. Wayside Technology Group operates as an IT channel company worldwide.
- Everbridge, MA, Jun 2018 - Everbridge announced that long-time Chairman and CEO Jaime Ellertson will transition to executive chairman in mid to late 2019. Everbridge is a global leader in critical event management and enterprise safety software applications.
- Mach7 Technologies Limited, VT, Mar 2019 - Mach7 Technologies announced that Mike Jackman, Mach7's CEO, departed the Company. The Board has appointed COO, Mike Lampron, as interim CEO. Mach7 Technologies provides enterprise imaging data sharing, storage, and interoperability solutions for healthcare enterprises worldwide.
Midwest Open Tech CEO Roles
- Stratasys, MN, May 2018 - Ilan Levin stepped down from his positions as CEO and Director of the 3D printer and additive manufacturing company, after less than two years on the job. Elchanan (Elan) Jaglom, the company’s current Chairman of the Board, is interim CEO until a successor is appointed. The company is conducting a CEO Search. 3D printers and 3D production systems for office-based rapid prototyping and direct manufacturing solution.
South Central Open CEO Roles
- GlobalSCAPE, TX, Apr 2019 - GlobalSCAPE announced, with deep sadness, the unexpected demise of its President and CEO, Matthew C. Goulet. The board has named Chairman Robert Alpert as Interim CEO while the search for a permanent replacement continues. GlobalSCAPE develops and distributes software, delivers managed and hosted solutions, and provides associated services for secure information exchange, and data transfer and sharing for enterprises and consumers worldwide.
South Atlantic Open CEO Roles
- LightPath Technologies, FL, Jun 2019 - LightPath Technologies announced that Jim Gaynor intends to retire as President and CEO in June 2020 after more than 12 years with the Company. Mr. Gaynor will continue to serve as the Company’s CEO and President until a successor has been selected and will assist the Company’s board of directors in its ongoing succession planning. He will also continue to serve as a director. LightPath Technologies designs, develops, manufactures, and distributes optical components and assemblies.
West Pacific Open Tech CEO Roles
- Symantec Corporation, CA, May 2019 – Symantec announced that Richard S. Hill, current Symantec director and former Chairman and CEO of Novellus Systems, has been appointed Interim President and CEO. He succeeds Greg Clark, who has stepped down as President and CEO and as a member of the Symantec Board. The Company will commence a search process to find a permanent CEO. Greg Clark was appointed Symantec CEO when the security giant acquired Blue Coat in 2016, where he was CEO. The leadership change follows multiple key executive exits at Symantec late last year, including the COO and CMO, an internal accounting probe, activist investor unrest and enterprise sales struggles.
- Itron, WA, Jan 2019 - Itron announced that Philip Mezey, 58, the Company’s President and CEO and a member of the Board of Directors, has informed the Board of his intention to retire from his positions. By mutual agreement with the Board, Mr. Mezey will continue to lead the Company until a successor is appointed. Itron, a technology company, provides end-to-end solutions that measures, manages, and analyzes energy and water use worldwide.
- Coherent, CA, Apr 2019 - Coherent announced that President and CEO John Ambroseo have entered into a transition and retirement agreement, pursuant to which he will step down from his roles no later than April 2021. The Governance and Nominating Committee of the Board is leading a global search for Mr. Ambroseo's successor. Coherent provides lasers, laser-based technologies, and laser-based system solutions for a range of scientific, commercial, and industrial applications.
- Synaptics Incorporated, CA, Mar 2019 - Synaptics announced the departure of Richard Bergman as CEO. The company’s Board of Directors has appointed Alex Wong, it’s SVP of Worldwide Operations, as interim principal executive officer of the company. The Board has commenced a comprehensive search and evaluation process to select a new CEO. Synaptics develops intuitive human interface solutions for electronic devices and products worldwide.
- Cloudera, CA, Jun 2019 - Cloudera announced that Tom Reilly will retire as CEO and as a member of the Board. The Board has appointed Martin Cole, Chairman of the Board, as interim CEO. Mr. Cole will work with Mr. Reilly in the meantime to help ensure a smooth transition and to lead the Company's executive team while the Board conducts a search for a permanent CEO. The Board has appointed a committee consisting of board members Peter Fenton, Kim Hammonds, Michael Stankey and Mr. Cole to work with a leading executive recruiting firm to conduct the search for Cloudera's next CEO. Cloudera provides a suite of data analytics and management products in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
- Marchex, WA, Oct 2016 - Pete Christothoulou resigned as CEO in October 2016. An office of the CEO for the call analytics and call tracking company is still in place as of June 11, 2019.
- Move, CA, Jun 2019 - Ryan O’Hara will be departing as CEO of Move, to join Shutterfly as CEO. Ms. Tracey Fellows has been named Acting CEO of Move, operator of realtor.com, while a search for a new chief executive is underway. Ms. Fellows will continue to serve as News Corp’s President of Global Digital Real Estate and lead the development of the fastest growing sector in the company. Move operates an online network of Websites for real estate search in North America.
Open Tech CEO Roles - Canada
- British Columbia: HIVE Blockchain Technologies, CounterPath, Cascadia Blockchain Group, BLOK Technologies, Squire Mining
- Ontario: First Global Data
Details of Open Tech CEO Roles - Canada
- HIVE Blockchain Technologies, BC, Canada, Aug 2018 - HIVE announced Harry Pokrandt is retiring from his full-time role as President, CEO and Director. Frank Holmes, the company's Chairman, will act as Interim Executive Chairman and Olivier Roussy Newton, a Director of the company, will act as Interim President to ensure a smooth transition of management duties. The Board of Directors has begun a search for a new CEO and will take due care and appropriate time in finding the right candidate to propel HIVE into its next phase of growth and development.
- CounterPath Corporation, BC, Canada, Sep 2018 - CounterPath Corporation announced that Donovan Jones has resigned as President, CEO and director. David Karp, CFO, will serve in an interim role as CEO and lead company until a new CEO is appointed. Desktop and mobile SIP-based VoIP softphones and solutions for enterprises and service providers. Home of the industry favorite Bria and X-Lite clients.
- First Global Data, ON, Canada, Dec 2018 - First Global Data announced the resignation of its Chairman and CEO, Mr. Andre Itwaru, though the company website still lists him as the CEO. The Company is actively sourcing a replacement CEO and will provide additional updates by way of press release. First Global Data provides electronic payments and transaction processing solutions.
- Cascadia Blockchain Group Corp., BC, Canada, Apr 2019 - Cascadia Blockchain Group announced the appointment of Mr. Robin Guo as the Board member and the Acting President & CEO for the vacancies left behind by Ms. Rachel Wang upon her resignation, though the company website still lists her as the CEO. Cascadia Blockchain Group engages in the development of block chain technology platform.
- BLOK Technologies, BC, Canada, Jan 2019 - BLOK Technologies announced the resignation of President & CEO Robert Dawson. Mr. James Hyland, Director, will be serving as interim president. The company has promptly begun a search for a permanent President & CEO. The Company invests in and develops emerging companies in the blockchain technology sector.
- Squire Mining Ltd., BC, Canada, Jan 2019 - Squire Mining announced that COO Mrs. Angela Holowaychuk will assume the responsibilities of interim CEO until a permanent appointment is announced. The company announced the resignation of Taras Kulyk as CEO. Filling the vacancy on the Board of Directors due to the departure of Taras Kulyk, Mrs. Angela Holowaychuk was appointed to the Board for Squire Mining. Squire Mining Ltd. engages in the development, operation, and manufacture of data mining infrastructure and system technology to support blockchain applications in the crypto-asset mining space worldwide.
Open Tech CEO Roles - Rest of the World
- Sweden: Cherry AB
- Finland: Basware Oyj
- Australia: CSG Limited
Details of Open Tech CEO Roles - Rest of the World
- Cherry AB, Sweden, May 2018 - Anders Holmgren, CEO and President, left the Swedish gaming company. Gunnar Lind is acting CEO and will remain in this position to ascertain that the group develops according to plan until a permanent CEO is appointed. Swedish Economic Crime Authority initiated an investigation for insider crime as a result of share trading by Cherry’s CEO, Anders Holmgren. Cherry AB’s principal owner is Bridgepoint Europe VI Fund. The Board has resolved to apply for delisting of the Cherry share, series B, from Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Basware Oyj, Finland, Mar 2019 - Basware Oyj announced that Vesa Tykkyläinen has resigned from his position as CEO of the company. The Board has appointed Klaus Andersen, CTO of Basware, as interim CEO. Vesa will work with Klaus to ensure an orderly transition. The recruitment process to select a new CEO has started. Basware Oyj provides networked purchase-to-pay solutions, and e-invoicing and financing services for organizations in Finland and internationally.
- CSG Limited, Australia, Mar 2019 - The Directors of CSG Limited have determined that for the Company's strategic transformation program and growth strategy "CSG 2021" to be best implemented, a change of leadership is required. As a result, Mark Bayliss, CSG's Chairman and Executive Director, has been appointed Acting CEO & Managing Director, and has stepped aside from the Chairman's role. Once "CSG 2021" is further progressed, the Board will undertake a selection process for a CEO & Managing Director. Julie-Ann Kerin has stepped down from the role of CEO & Managing Director and has resigned as a Director of the Company. CSG Limited provides print and business technology solutions in Australia and New Zealand.
- Canadian Solar has appointed Yan Zhuang, the Company's SVP and Chief Commercial Officer and President of Modules and System Solutions Business, as acting CEO while Dr. Shawn Qu, its founder and Chairman, President and CEO, is on a medical leave of absence. Mr. Zhuang will also continue in his current position. Earlier this month, Dr. Qu was injured in an accident and is now recuperating in a hospital. Although Dr. Qu is making steady progress, it is uncertain at this time how long Dr. Qu's period of recuperation will be.
- Data Deposit Box announced that Mr. Tim Jewell, CEO, will take a medical leave of absence, and that Mr. Siva Cherla, current CFO, has been appointed interim CEO.
Tech CEO Appointments
Tech CEO Appointments - US
- Northeast & Mid-Atlantic: Nuance Communications, MA; MKS Instruments, MA; MACOM Technology Solutions Holdings, MA; NWN Corporation, MA; Iota Communications, PA; Say, NY; MineralTree, MA
- Midwest: EVINE Live, MN; SentiAR, MO
- South Atlantic: CACI International, VA; Buchanan & Edwards, VA; Aluf Holdings, FL
- South Central: Alliance Data Systems, TX
- West Mountain: KPA LLC, CO; TimefireVR, AZ; Faction, CO
- West Pacific: Shutterfly, CA; TiVo Corporation, CA; Digital Locations, CA; Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, CA; Docker, CA; Senton, CA
Tech CEO Appointments in the US Northeast & Mid-Atlantic
- Nuance Communications (Automotive business spin-off), MA - Nuance Communications has selected Sanjay Dhawan to lead its Automotive business and become CEO and a member of the Board of Directors upon completion of the spin-off. Nuance previously announced its intent to spin off its Automotive business as a separate, publicly-traded company in October 2019. The new company will be an independent, next-generation automotive software company focused on delivering technologies critical to the realization of the future of mobility. Mr. Dhawan will join Nuance from Harman Industries International, where he has served as President of Harman Connected Services and CTO since 2015. Nuance Communications provides voice recognition and natural language understanding solutions worldwide.
- MKS Instruments, MA - MKS Instruments announced the retirement of Gerald G. Colella as CEO effective January 1, 2020. Mr. Colella will continue to serve as a member of the Board of Directors of the Company after his retirement. The Board appointed John T.C. Lee, the Company’s President and COO, as CEO of the Company, effective January 1, 2020. Dr. Lee will continue to serve as President of the Company when he assumes his new role as CEO. MKS Instruments provides instruments, subsystems, and process control solutions that measure, monitor, deliver, analyze, power, and control critical parameters of manufacturing processes worldwide.
- MACOM Technology Solutions Holdings, MA - MACOM Technology Solutions Holdings announced the appointment of Stephen G. Daly as President and CEO. Mr. Daly succeeds John Croteau, who resigned on May 15, 2019. Mr. Croteau had served as President and CEO since December 2012. Mr. Croteau will be available to MACOM in an advisory capacity for the next two months to ensure a smooth transition. Mr. Daly has served on MACOM’s Board of Directors since March 2015 and has over 25 years of experience in the semiconductor industry. Prior to joining MACOM’s Board of Directors, Mr. Daly had served for almost ten years as Chairman, President and CEO of Hittite Microwave Corporation. MACOM Technology Solutions Holdings, designs and manufactures analog radio frequency (RF), microwave, millimeterwave, and lightwave spectrum products in the United States, China, the Asia Pacific, and internationally.
- NWN Corporation, MA - NWN Corporation named Jim Sullivan as its new President and CEO. Sullivan, who has served as President of copy data management software pioneer Actifio for the past eight years, will drive the next phase of growth and leadership for NWN in the cloud era. Sullivan succeeds Skip Tappen, who has served as NWN President and CEO since January 2017 and held a series of leadership roles at NWN since 2004. NWN Corporation provides integrated IT services and solutions to federal agencies and departments.
- Iota Communications, PA - Barclay Knapp resigned as CEO of the Iota Communications, provider of Internet of Things connectivity services and elevated to the role of Executive Chairman. He is being replaced as CEO by CFO Terrence DeFranco. Iota Communications operates as a wireless network carrier and software-as-a-service company.
- Say, NY - Say®, a technology platform for open communication between companies and their shareholders, announced today that Laurent Paulhac will serve as the company’s new CEO. Prior to joining Say, Paulhac served as Global Head of Client Relationship Management at TP ICAP. Say develops a technology platform for open communication between companies and their owners.
- MineralTree, MA - MineralTree appointed Micah Remley as CEO. Remley has served as MineralTree’s COO since July 2018. Remley succeeds BC Krishna, who is transitioning from his role as founder and CEO to a strategic advisor for the company. MineralTree develops accounts payable (AP) and payment automation software for technology/software, healthcare/pharmaceuticals/biotechnology, consulting, food/beverage/hospitality, manufacturing, energy, media, retail, and services sectors.
Tech CEO Appointments in the US Midwest Region
- EVINE Live, MN - Evine Live named Tim Peterman, 51, as its new CEO. He served as the company's COO and CFO up until April 2018. Peterman succeeds former CEO Bob Rosenblatt, who will remain on Evine's board. The company reported a worse-than-expected first-quarter loss of $21 million, or 31 cents a share. A year ago, the company posted a $3 million loss. The company has eliminated 11 senior executive positions along with an undisclosed number other full-time positions, mostly at headquarters. EVINE Live operates as a multiplatform interactive digital commerce company in the United States.
- SentiAR, MO - SentiAR announced that Berk Tas has joined the company as CEO and president. Prior to joining SentiAR, Berk Tas led the development of a novel Transaortic Valve Replacement technology into CE Mark studies at HLT Medical. SentiAR develops software for 3-Dimensional cardiac holographic visualization.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US South Atlantic Region
- CACI International, VA - CACI International announced that Mr. Ken Asbury will retire as CACI President and CEO and as a director effective June 30, 2019. CACI has elected Mr. John Mengucci, currently the Company Chief Operating Officer, to succeed Mr. Asbury as President and CEO. The Board has also elected Mr. Mengucci as a member of the Board. CACI International provides information solutions and services in North America and internationally.
- Buchanan & Edwards, VA - Buchanan & Edwards has appointed Eric Olson as CEO. With over 30 years of experience in technology-focused consulting leadership, Olson previously served as SVP for ECS Federal, as well as EVP of InfoReliance. In both positions, Olson supported cloud and cyber operations, solutions and services. Buchanan & Edwards provides IT consulting services. The company has served as a trusted adviser to the federal government, helping it solve existing problems, create new possibilities and serve citizens more effectively through technology.
- Aluf Holdings, FL - Aluf Holdings announced that Dany Bouchedid has been appointed President and CEO, replacing interim CEO Teresa McWilliams who will remain as CFO and a director of the company. Mr. Bouchedid, Founder and CEO of COLOTRAQ, joined the Board of Directors of Aluf in February 2019 and will remain a board member. Mr. Bouchedid will also remain President and CEO of COLOTRAQ. Aluf Holdings develops proprietary software, software algorithms, and hardware for testing and data mining of computer hard drives, memory, and magnetics, as well as semiconductor and nanotechnology- based device components.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US South Central Region
- Alliance Data Systems, TX - Melisa Miller, who successfully led Alliance Data's Card Services business for over 8 years as president, was named Alliance Data's new president and CEO, succeeding Ed Heffernan, who announced his resignation as president and CEO and as a Director of the Company. Ms. Miller has also been appointed to the Alliance Data Board of Directors. Alliance Data Systems Corporation provides data-driven marketing and loyalty solutions worldwide.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US West
- KPA, LLC, CO - KPA named Chris Fanning as President and CEO of the company. Fanning succeeds Vane Clayton, who has served as CEO since 2006. Clayton will continue to serve on the KPA board. Fanning most recently was President and CEO of Survey Sampling International where he grew the global first-party data and software leader from $150 to $300 million in revenue. He has also held multiple leadership roles with Lattice Semiconductor and The Boston Consulting Group. In July 2018 KPA announced a majority investment from Providence Equity Partners, which was also the majority owner of SSI, where Fanning was most recently CEO. KPA provides software solutions in the areas of environmental health and safety, HR management, sales, and finance.
- TimefireVR, AZ - Virtual Reality content developer TimefireVR was acquired by Red Cat in a reverse merger transaction. Concurrently the board appointed the founder and President of Red Cat, Jeffrey Thompson, to serve as new President, CEO, Secretary, Treasurer and Director. Jonathan Read, who has resigned from his position as CEO of TimefireVR, will continue as board member. Red Cat is a provider of distributed data storage, analytics and services for the drone industry.
- Faction, CO - Faction announced that Sean Charnock is taking over the CEO role. Luke Norris, Faction's Founder and original CEO, is moving to Executive Chairman and Chief Strategy Officer. Charnock takes on the CEO position following his time as President, which he took on late in 2018, when he moved from Faction's board into an operating role. Faction operates as an enterprise-class Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IAAS) cloud service provider.
- Shutterfly, CA - Shutterfly named Ryan O’Hara as President, CEO and Director. He joins Shutterfly from Move Inc./Realtor.com where he led a successful turnaround of the business over more than four years as CEO, more than doubling traffic, conversion and revenue, while driving value creation. Current Shutterfly President and CEO Christopher North would be leaving Shutterfly at the end of August to return to the United Kingdom with his family. Shutterfly manufactures and retails personalized products primarily in the United States, Canada, and the European Community.
- TiVo Corporation, CA - TiVo Corporation announced Dave Shull its new president and CEO. Shull will join the board as well. Most recently he was CEO of The Weather Channel, where he streamlined costs and shepherded the sale of TWC's digital businesses to IBM. He takes over for interim President/CEO Raghu Rau, who will move to the role of vice chairperson. TiVo Corporation is a global leader in entertainment technology and audience insights.
- Digital Locations, CA - Digital Locations has appointed Rick Ellis as CEO. Mr. Ellis was the founder and will also continue to serve as CEO of EllisLab, the company behind ExpressionEngine, the Content Management System (CMS) acquired by Digital Locations in December of 2018. In his expanded role, Mr. Ellis will lead the development of AdaptiveCore, the Company's new artificial intelligence (AI) platform for personalized digital content. Simultaneously with the Ellis Appointment, William E. Beifuss Jr. resigned as the Company’s Interim CEO. Mr. Beifuss will continue to serve as the Company’s President, and acting CFO. Digital Locations is a provider of proximity-based data solutions that help businesses better understand and interact with consumers in various physical locations.
- Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, CA - Genesys announced that Cisco and Skype exec Tony Bates has joined as its new CEO. Bates succeeds Paul Segre, who will continue with Genesys as chairman. As CEO of Skype, Bates expanded the business to over 170 million connected users. Once Skype was acquired by Microsoft, Bates became president responsible for unified communications before serving as EVP of business development and developers. He was employed at Cisco for more than 14 years and rose to SVP/GM, heading up the enterprise, commercial and small business divisions. Genesys has successfully disrupted the market with a range of AI and cloud solutions, and at the end of 2018, the company achieved $1.5 billion in revenue. Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories provides cloud and on-premises customer experience and contact center solutions.
- Docker, CA - Docker announced that former Hortonworks CEO, Rob Bearden will be joining the company as CEO in early June 2019. Rob will also serve on company's board of directors. Steve Singh, company's CEO, will continue to serve as company's Chairman. Docker develops an open platform for building, shipping, and running distributed applications.
- Sentons, CA - Sentons has named Jess Lee as its new President & CEO. Prior to Sentons, Mr. Lee served as President and CEO of InVisage Technologies, where he established a new category of high performance cameras and image sensors powered by designer quantum dot films. After Apple bought InVisage, Lee spent time working on various projects until he left Apple earlier this year. Sentons manufactures multi-touch sensor. New Enterprise Associates and Northern Light Venture Capital have invested in Sentons.
Tech CEO Appointments - Canada
- Quebec: Intema Solutions
Tech CEO Appointments - Canada
- Intema Solutions, Quebec, Canada - Intema Solutions announced that the Board of Directors has appointed EVP Laurent Benezra, CIM, CBE, as President and CEO of the Corporation. Roger Plourde, Intema’s outgoing President and CEO, will remain with Intema as Executive Chairman of the Board. Prior to joining Intema, Benezra worked at Manulife Securities, BMO Nesbitt Burns, Scotiabank and TD Waterhouse, specifically in wealth management, securities trading and banking services. Intema Solutions provides email campaign deployment, and marketing and Web consulting services for medium and large companies in Canada.
Tech CEO Appointments - Rest of the World
- UK: Telit Communications Plc, Redcentric Plc
- Australia: Audinate Group
- India: Birlasoft
Tech CEO Appointment Details - Rest of the World
- Telit Communications Plc, United Kingdom - Telit Communications Plc has appointed Paolo Dal Pino as CEO. Paolo joined Telit as Non-Executive Chairman in September 2018. He then became Executive Chairman the same month when former CEO Yosi Fait stepped down and led the Group transformation and repositioning with a real focus on profitability and cash generation. Telit Communications Plc, provides a portfolio of integrated products and services to support and enable Internet of Things (IoT) deployments.
- Birlasoft Limited, India - Birlasoft accepted the resignation of Mr. Anjan Lahiri, Managing Director and CEO of the Company "owing to a pressing personal situation". COO Mr. Dharmander Kapoor was announced as Managing Director and CEO of the Company, for a period of 3 years. Birlasoft engages in software development and global IT consulting in India, the Americas, the United Kingdom, Europe, and internationally.
- Redcentric Plc, United Kingdom - Redcentric Plc announced that it has appointed CFO Peter Brotherton as permanent CEO, following his assumption of Chief Executive responsibilities since November 2018. A new CFO has been appointed. Redcentric Plc provides IT managed services in the United Kingdom.
- Audinate Group Limited, Australia - Audinate Group announced that Aidan Williams, the Company's CTO and Co-founder, will succeed Lee Ellison as CEO. Mr. Ellison has informed the Company of his intention to retire from his role as CEO on 13th September 2019 following release of the Company's 2019 full year financial results. Audinate Group Limited provides professional digital audio networking technologies worldwide.
- MGT Capital Investments named Robert Ladd, a director of the Company, as CEO and President of the Company. Robert Ladd joined the Company in December 2010 as a Director. He was named Interim President and CEO in February 2011, and appointed President and CEO in January 2012, positions held continuously with the exception of November 2016 through August 2017, a period during which Mr. Ladd was President. He also served as Interim CFO from November 2015 through February 2018. On September 10, 2018, Mr. Ladd took a leave of absence from his positions as President and CEO.
Vell Executive Search Representative Placements
About Vell Executive Search
- Deep tech industry retained search experience
- More dedicated time as consultants have few parallel projects.
- Thorough understanding of your company’s business and culture
- Behavioral interviews and competency scorecards.
- Constant two-way, direct communication and 24 /7 availability.
- Insightful and detailed reference checking
- Broad reach of candidates: no hidden relationships. No off-limits.
- Analytics based search process.
Vell Executive Search Contact