Geographic Distribution of Open Tech CEO Roles & Appointments
Reasons for CEO departures of Note
- Everbridge founder and CEO Jaime Ellertson will transition in July 2019.
- FARO Technologies: Dr. Simon Raab, 65, has decided to retire after 36 years of service.
- Spirent Communications: Eric Hutchison, 63, has decided to retire.
- Benchmark Electronics: Paul J. Tufano, 65, President and CEO, retired after transitioning his responsibilities to his successor Jeff Benck.
- Itron: President & CEO Philip Mezey, 58, intends to retire when a successor is appointed.
- Cyren: Lior Samuelson, Chairman and CEO, intends to step down as CEO after transitioning his responsibilities to a successor yet to be identified
M&A / Spin-offs
- Vector Capital acquired Host Analytics and named interim CEO as permanent CEO.
- Buchanan & Edwards announced an interim president leading its acquisition of intelligence firm R2C.
- Following LinQuest’s acquisition by Madison Dearborn Partners and CoVant Management, the company named Timothy Dills as its new CEO and President replacing Dr. Leon Biederman.
- The board of NetComm Wireless has recommended shareholders back a scheme that will see the Australian networking equipment supplier become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Casa Systems. CTO Steve Collins has been appointed Interim CEO. Though CEO Ken Sheridan has stepped aside announcing family health issues, continuing on the board.
Disappointing Results: PAR Technology, Stratasys, Marchex.
Personal Reasons: Digital Guardian, Digital Asset Holdings, TiVo, Lantronix.
Long term open roles: Marchex has been without a CEO since October 2016. The call analytics and call tracking company has had an “office of the CEO”.
Sudden resignations: Stratasys, TiVo Corp, Telit Communications (after a shareholder revolt), SeaChange International (disagreement on board composition), Mach7 (restructuring).
11 Newly Opened Roles - Geographic Distribution
- North America Newly Opened Tech CEO Roles (6): Synaptics Incorporated (CA), Eastman Kodak Company (NY), SeaChange International (MA), Lantronix (CA), CYREN (VA), Mach7 Technologies Limited (VT).
- EMEA Newly Opened Tech CEO Roles (2): Cell C (Pty) Limited (South Africa), Basware Oyj (Finland).
- APAC Newly Opened Tech CEO Roles (3): CSG Limited (Australia), NetComm Wireless (Australia), Solomon Systech (Hong Kong).
For all 31 Open Tech CEO Roles & All Appointments
Most active states/countries for Open Tech CEO Roles: West Coast
- 7 of the 22 of the open roles in North America are in the West Pacific area, with 4 open roles being in California and 3 in Washington.
The most active states/countries for Incoming CEOs: West Coast and East Coast
- 7 out of the 21 appointments in North America are in the West Mountain/Pacific area, and 7 in Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.
Appointments: There were 1 woman CEO appointed (North America) and 25 men.
There are six net new women:
- Men replacing Women: 2
- Women replacing Men: 1
- Men replacing Men: 21
- Women replacing Women: None
- Co-CEO named only CEO (Men): 1
- Men replacing Co-CEOs (Men and Women): 1
52% of men CEOs got hired externally
- 100% of women appointed were internal appointments: as there was only 1 Female appointment who was promoted from COO to CEO.
- 48% of the men appointed were “internal”, i.e. promotions or from the existing board.
Sources of CEO Appointments
13 out of 26 CEOs appointed were sourced externally (50%)
Out of 13 externally appointed CEOs – all were men (100%)
Hope you enjoy this newsletter and find it useful. Suggestions and corrections are most welcome and appreciated.
Thanks again and all the best,
Vell Executive Search is a retained executive search firm that specializes in recruiting technology execs for boards and executive roles, including Board Members, CEOs, Presidents, GMs, CTOs/Chief Digital Officers/VP Engineering, SVP Sales, Chief Revenue Officers, CMOs, and CFOs. Vell has built a reputation for recruiting talented high-performing leadership teams globally. www.vell.com.
In this Edition
Open Tech CEO Roles: United States, Canada, EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America
New Tech CEO Appointments: United States, Canada, EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America
Vell Executive Search Representative Placements: Board, CEOs, GMs, CTOs, CFOs, SVP Sales, SVP, Marketing, CIOs, Chief Digital Officers
About Vell Executive Search
Open Tech CEO Roles
Open Tech CEO Roles - United States
- Northeast & Mid Atlantic: Eastman Kodak Company, NY; PAR Technology Corporation, NY; Everbridge, MA, SeaChange International, MA; Mach7 Technologies, VT.
- Midwest: Stratasys, MN.
- South Atlantic: FARO Technologies, FL; Cyren , VA; Buchanan & Edwards, VA.
- West Pacific: Itron, WA; Synaptics, CA; TiVo Corporation, CA; Marchex, WA; Lantronix, CA; Kymeta Corporation, WA; Digital Locations, CA.
US Northeast Open Tech CEO Roles
- Eastman Kodak Company, NY, Feb 2019 - The Board of Directors of Eastman Kodak Company appointed Chairman Jim Continenza as the company's new Executive Chairman. Jeffrey J. Clarke, 57, is stepping down after nearly five years as CEO. No new CEO has been named yet, and no announcement from the company on the CEO search. Clarke's seat on the Board will be filled by Phillippe D. Katz, newly appointed Director of Kodak.
- PAR Technology Corporation, NY, Dec 2018 - PAR Technology announced that Savneet Singh, a member of the Company’s Board of Directors since April 2018, has been appointed Interim CEO and President of the Company. The Company also announced that Dr. Donald H. Foley has stepped-down as CEO and President, and as a director of the Company. The Board has initiated a search process to identify a permanent CEO. Mr. Singh is a partner of CoVenture, LLC, a multi-asset manager with funds in venture capital, direct lending, and crypto currency. Restaurant POS Solutions and Government Solutions.
- Everbridge, MA, Jun 2018 - Everbridge announced that long-time Chairman and CEO Jaime Ellertson will transition to executive chairman in mid to late 2019. Critical event management and enterprise safety software applications.
- SeaChange International, MA, Feb 2019 - SeaChange International announced that Edward Terino has resigned as the Company's CEO and as a Director. Mr. Terino's resignation follows the company's ongoing discussions with certain of the Company's shareholders with respect to Board composition. The Board strongly rejected the assertions and characterizations made in Mr. Terino’s letter of resignation. The SeaChange Board has created an interim Office of the CEO, which will provide ongoing leadership and oversight of the day-to-day operations of the company. SeaChange International provides multiscreen, advertising, and premium over the top (OTT) video products and services.
- Mach7 Technologies Limited, VT, Mar 2019 - Mach7 Technologies announced that Mike Jackman, Mach7's CEO, will depart the Company with immediate effect and plans to remain an investor in Mach7. The Board has appointed COO, Mike Lampron, as interim CEO. With over 20 years of experience in business and operational management for Healthcare IT companies, Mike Lampron brings broad experience ranging from private start-up as well as long established companies such as IBM and GE. Mach7 Technologies provides enterprise imaging data sharing, storage, and interoperability solutions for healthcare enterprises worldwide.
US Midwest Open Tech CEO Roles
- Stratasys, MN, May 2018 - Ilan Levin has decided to step down from his positions as CEO and Director of the 3D printer and additive manufacturing company, after less than two years on the job. Elchanan (Elan) Jaglom, the company’s current Chairman of the Board, will serve as CEO until a successor is appointed. The company is conducting a CEO Search. Stratasys had stumbled in recent quarters, with Levin noting earlier this month that the company experienced some slowdown in orders for high-end systems in government, automotive, and aerospace. 3D printers and 3D production systems for office-based rapid prototyping and direct manufacturing solution.
US South Atlantic Open CEO Roles
- FARO Technologies, Florida, Jan 2019 - FARO announced that Dr. Simon Raab plans to retire as President and CEO and as a member of the Board of Directors when a successor is appointed. Dr. Raab has served as FARO's President and CEO since December 2015 and previously served as its CEO from its inception in 1982 until January 2006 and has been the Company's Chairman since its inception. 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology; computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software.
- CYREN, VA, Feb 2019 - Cyren announced that Lior Samuelson, Chairman and CEO, intends to step down as CEO after transitioning his responsibilities to a successor to be identified in the future. The Board has engaged a leading executive search firm to assist with this search. CYREN provides information security solutions for protecting Web, email, and mobile transactions worldwide.
- Buchanan & Edwards, VA, Feb 2019 - Buchanan & Edwards announced that Pamela Rothka has been appointed as interim president. Rothka has served as the company’s CFO since 2015, playing a key role in the company’s successful move into the mid-tier including leading its acquisition of intelligence firm R2C. Former president and CEO Dennis Kelly is leaving the company to join a mid-market private equity platform holding company within the portfolio of Arlington Capital Partners. Buchanan & Edwards provides information technology consulting services.
West Pacific Open Tech CEO Roles
- Itron, WA, Jan 2019 - Itron announced that Philip Mezey, 58, the Company’s President and CEO and a member of the Board of Directors, has informed the Board of his intention to retire from his positions. By mutual agreement with the Board, Mr. Mezey will continue to lead the Company until a successor is appointed. Itron, a technology company, provides end-to-end solutions that measures, manages, and analyzes energy and water use worldwide.
- Synaptics Incorporated, CA, Mar 2019 - Synaptics announced the departure of Richard Bergman as CEO. The company’s Board of Directors has appointed Alex Wong, it’s SVP of Worldwide Operations, as interim principal executive officer of the company. The Board has commenced a comprehensive search and evaluation process to select a new CEO. Synaptics develops intuitive human interface solutions for electronic devices and products worldwide.
- TiVo Corporation, CA, Jul 2018 - TiVo Corporation announced that its board member Raghavendra Rau has been named as interim President and CEO. The appointment follows Enrique Rodriguez's personal decision to resign from his role as its President, CEO and a member of the Board, after less than a year in the role, to assume CTO role at Liberty Global in Europe.
- Marchex, WA, Oct 2016 - Pete Christothoulou resigned as CEO in October 2016. An office of the Chairman and CEO for the call analytics and call tracking company is still in place as of February 20th, 2019.
- Lantronix, CA, Feb 2019 - Lantronix announced that Jeff Benck has resigned from his role as president and CEO and as a director to pursue another opportunity as the CEO of Benchmark Electronics. Lantronix's CFO Jeremy Whitaker will serve as interim CEO of the company until the board of directors appoints a new permanent CEO. Whitaker will continue to serve as CFO of the company, a position he has held since September 2011. Lantronix provides secure data access and management solutions for Internet of Things (IoT) assets.
- Kymeta Corporation, WA, Oct 2018 - Kymeta announced that CEO Dr. Nathan Kundtz will leave his current role and will continue in an advisory role to the company going forward. Marc Stolzman, Kymeta’s President and CFO will guide the company’s day-to-day operations in the interim while searching for its next CEO. Kymeta makes connectivity as simple and available as a view of the sky. Satellites provide a global network of available high-throughput bandwidth.
- Digital Locations, CA, Jun 2018 - Gerard F. Hug, CEO and a director of Digital Locations, resigned from his positions as the Company’s CEO and member of the board. William E. Beifuss, Jr., the company’s President and Acting CFO was appointed to serve as Interim CEO of the company. Digital Locations is developing an artificial intelligence (AI) platform to create highly personalized digital content and experiences for each and every person connected to the Internet.
Open Tech CEO Roles - Canada
- British Columbia: Photon Control, HIVE Blockchain Technologies, CounterPath, BLOK Technologies, Squire Mining
- Ontario: First Global Data
Details of Open Tech CEO Roles - Canada
- Photon Control, BC, Canada, Dec 2018 - Photon Control announced that Scott Edmonds has departed from the company as Director, President and CEO to pursue other interests. D. Neil McDonnell, Chair of the Board of Directors, will assume the role of Interim CEO. Photon Control is a leading supplier of fiber optic temperature and position measurement technologies for the Wafer Fabrication Equipment and Semiconductor.
- HIVE Blockchain Technologies, BC, Canada, Aug 2018 - HIVE announced Harry Pokrandt is retiring from his full-time role as President, CEO and Director. Frank Holmes, the company's Chairman, will act as Interim Executive Chairman and Olivier Roussy Newton, a Director of the company, will act as Interim President to ensure a smooth transition of management duties. The Board of Directors has begun a search for a new CEO and will take due care and appropriate time in finding the right candidate to propel HIVE into its next phase of growth and development.
- CounterPath Corporation, BC, Canada, Sep 2018 - CounterPath Corporation announced that Donovan Jones has resigned as President, CEO and director. David Karp, CFO, will serve in an interim role as CEO and lead company until a new CEO is appointed. Desktop and mobile SIP-based VoIP softphones and solutions for enterprises and service providers. Home of the industry favorite Bria and X-Lite clients.
- First Global Data, ON, Canada, Dec 2018 - First Global Data announced the resignation of its Chairman and CEO, Mr. Andre Itwaru. The Company is actively sourcing a replacement CEO and will provide additional updates by way of press release. First Global Data provides electronic payments and transaction processing solutions.
- BLOK Technologies, BC, Canada, Jan 2019 - BLOK Technologies announced the resignation of President & CEO Robert Dawson. Mr. James Hyland, Director, will be serving as interim president. The company has promptly begun a search for a permanent President & CEO. The Company invests in and develops emerging companies in the blockchain technology sector.
- Squire Mining Ltd., BC, Canada, Jan 2019 - Squire Mining announced that COO Mrs. Angela Holowaychuk will assume the responsibilities of interim CEO until a permanent appointment is announced. The company announced the resignation of Taras Kulyk as CEO. Filling the vacancy on the Board of Directors due to the departure of Taras Kulyk, Mrs. Angela Holowaychuk was appointed to the Board for Squire Mining. Squire Mining Ltd. engages in the development, operation, and manufacture of data mining infrastructure and system technology to support blockchain applications in the crypto-asset mining space worldwide.
Open Tech CEO Roles - Rest of the World
- UK: Spirent Communications, Telit Communications, Redcentric
- Sweden: Cherry AB
- Finland: Basware Oyj
- South Africa: Cell C
- Australia: CSG Limited, NetComm Wireless
Details of Open Tech CEO Roles - Rest of the World
- Spirent Communications, UK, Nov 2018 - Spirent Communications plc announced that Eric Hutchinson has informed the board of his intention to retire from the company. As a result, the board is commencing a search process for his replacement. He has agreed to continue in his role as CEO until a replacement has been appointed and for a transitional period thereafter. Spirent Communications plc provides solutions to develop devices and equipment and to operate networks worldwide.
- Cell C (Pty) Limited, South Africa, Feb 2019 - The Board of Cell C announced that Jose Dos Santos will step down as Cell C's CEO. Jose will take up a role as a consultant to the chairman of the Cell C Board in delivery of Cell C's strategic intent. An interim CEO will be announced shortly until a permanent appointment is announced. Cell C (Pty) Limited provides mobile services in South Africa.
- Telit Communications plc, UK, Sep 2018 - Telit Communications' Yosi Fait resigned as CEO. Paolo Dal Pino, the non-executive Chairman who has previously held several CEO roles, becomes Executive Chairman on an interim basis. Telit provides Internet of Things (IoT) deployment solutions.
- Cherry AB, Sweden, May 2018 - Anders Holmgren, CEO and President, left the Swedish gaming company. Gunnar Lind is acting CEO and will remain in this position to ascertain that the group develops according to plan until a permanent CEO is appointed.
- Basware Oyj, Finland, Mar 2019 - Basware Oyj announced that Vesa Tykkyläinen has resigned from his position as CEO of the company. The Board has appointed Klaus Andersen, CTO of Basware, as interim CEO. Vesa will work with Klaus to ensure an orderly transition. The recruitment process to select a new CEO has started. Basware Oyj provides networked purchase-to-pay solutions, and e-invoicing and financing services for organizations in Finland and internationally.
- CSG Limited, Australia, Mar 2019 - The Directors of CSG Limited have determined that for the Company's strategic transformation program and growth strategy "CSG 2021" to be best implemented, a change of leadership is required. As a result, Mark Bayliss, CSG's Chairman and Executive Director, has been appointed Acting CEO & Managing Director, and has stepped aside from the Chairman's role. Once "CSG 2021" is further progressed, the Board will undertake a selection process for a CEO & Managing Director. Julie-Ann Kerin has stepped down from the role of CEO & Managing Director and has resigned as a Director of the Company. CSG Limited provides print and business technology solutions in Australia and New Zealand.
- NetComm Wireless, Australia, Feb 2019 - Ken Sheridan has stepped aside from the role of managing director & CEO of NetComm with immediate effect due to family health issues, but will continue as an executive director on NetComm’s board. CTO Steve Collins has been appointed Interim CEO.The board of NetComm Wireless has recommended shareholders back a scheme that will see the Australian networking equipment supplier become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Casa Systems. The transaction is valued at AU$161 million. NetComm Wireless Limited develops and sells broadband products for telecommunications carriers, core network providers, system integrators, and government and enterprise customers worldwide.
- Redcentric plc, UK, Nov 2018 - Redcentric plc announced the resignation of Chris Jagusz both from the Board and as Chief Executive. Peter Brotherton, CFO, will assume Chief Executive responsibilities while a formal process to appoint a permanent Chief Executive is carried out. Redcentric plc provides IT managed services in the United Kingdom.
- Solomon Systech (International) Limited, Hong Kong, Mar 2019 - Solomon Systech announced resignation of Dr. Yeh Tsuei Chi from CEO and appointed as a consultant of the company; and Mr. Wang Wah Chi, Raymond has been appointed as an acting CEO of the company. Solomon Systech operates as a fabless semiconductor company worldwide.
Tech CEO Appointments
Tech CEO Appointments - US
- Northeast & Mid-Atlantic: Ideanomics, NY; Digital Guardian, MA; TVR Communications, NY; Digital Asset Holdings, NY; Servion Global Solutions, NJ; Voci Technologies Incorporated, PA; Prevalent, NJ
- Midwest: Bluestem Group, MN; Nortech Systems, MN
- South Atlantic: SAIC, VA
- South Central: Shipt, AL; LiveOak Technologies, TX; 1st Detect Corporation, TX
- West Mountain: Benchmark Electronics, AZ; Petrichor Networks, CO
- West Pacific: LinQuest Corporation, CA; BSQUARE Corporation, WA; Airgain, CA; Host Analytics, CA; Agari Data, CA.
Tech CEO Appointments in the US Northeast & Mid-Atlantic
- Ideanomics, NY - Ideanomics accepted the resignation of Brett McGonegal, the company’s CEO and Director. The resignations were not because of any disagreement with the company known to the Board. The Board unanimously appointed its COO Mr. Alfred Poor, as the CEO and Director. Poor is a former COO at Global Data Sentinel, a cybersecurity company that specializes in identity management, file access control, protected sharing, reporting and tracking, AI and thread response, and backup and recovery. Ideanomics operates as a financial technology and asset digitization services company.
- Digital Guardian, MA - Digital Guardian today announced that its Board of Directors has appointed Mordecai (“Mo”) Rosen as its new CEO. Mr. Rosen was most recently the General Manager for Cybersecurity at CA Technologies (now a Broadcom company), and brings more than 25 years of high-tech senior leadership experience to Digital Guardian. Former CEO Ken Levine has stepped down as president and CEO for personal reasons in October 2018.
- TVR Communications, NY - TVR Communications announced that David D. Bennett has joined the company as CEO. Bennett most recently served as the EVP and COO at ViiMed, a provider of a SaaS-based telehealth and care coordination platform. He replaced Keith Washington. TVR Communications offers interactive patient systems for hospitals to educate, entertain, and inform patients.
- Digital Asset Holdings, NY - Enterprise blockchain startup Digital Asset (DA) has named co-founder Yuval Rooz as the company’s new CEO. Rooz, who has served as both COO and CFO at the firm, takes over from acting CEO AG Gangadhar. Blythe Masters, former banker who was one of most high-profile executives to jump to blockchain industry, stepped down as CEO in December 2018.
- Servion Global Solutions, NJ - Servion Global Solutions appointed Laurent Philonenko as its new CEO and board member. Laurent will lead the company through its transformative phase amidst the changing business landscape. Prior to joining the company, Laurent was the SVP of Innovation at Avaya, where he led the development and incubation of disruptive innovations such as artificial intelligence, mobility, and security. Servion Global Solutions provides customer interaction management solutions and applications for contact centers.
- Voci Technologies Incorporated, PA - Voci Technologies, a leading speech analytics platform provider, announced industry veteran Michael Coney as its CEO. He was previously the COO of Voci Technologies. Over the past year, Voci expanded into new markets, more than doubled its headcount, and raised $8 million in Series B funding. Coney will be responsible for Voci’s go-to-market strategy, sales, and customer support as well as developing and executing Voci’s annual operating plan.
- Prevalent, NJ - Prevalent appointed Kevin Hickey as CEO. Hickey succeeds Prevalent founder and former CEO Jonathan Dambrot, who ushered the company through years of solid growth and will remain on the Board of Directors. These changes set the stage for significant growth, as third-party risk management remains top of mind for businesses of all kinds and sizes. Hickey has led multiple companies through large-scale growth, holding CEO positions at BeyondTrust, eEye Digital Security, NetPro Computing, Homebid.com. Prevalent provides software solutions and services, and cloud-based compliance and risk solutions.
Tech CEO Appointments in the US Midwest Region
- Bluestem Group, MN - Bluestem Group named Bruce M. Cazenave as President and CEO and member of the Board. Mr. Cazenave succeeds Lisa Gavales, interim CEO, who took over in February 2018 after former CEO Steve Nave stepped down. Mrs. Gavales will remain a member of the Board of Directors. Since 2011 Mr. Cazenave served as CEO and member of the Board of Directors of Nautilus. Bluestem Group offers a selection of name-brand, private label, and non-branded merchandise through Internet Websites and catalog serving low to middle income consumers in the United States.
- Nortech Systems Incorporated, MN - Nortech Systems Incorporated named Jay D. Miller as president and CEO. He has been serving as interim president since January replacing the retiring Rich Wasielewski and has been an independent director of the company since May 2018. Previously Miller held CEO positions with IMRIS, Zonare, and Vital Images, in the medical imaging industry. Nortech Systems operates as an electronic manufacturing services company in the United States, Mexico, and China.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US South Atlantic Region
- Science Applications International Corporation, VA - Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) announced that Tony Moraco will retire as CEO. Its Board of Directors has elected Nazzic S. Keene, 58, currently the corporation's COO, to succeed him. Keene joined the Company in August 2012 as its SVP for Corporate Strategy and Planning prior to the Company's spin-off in 2013. More recently she has helped oversee a merger with another government contractor called Engility.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US South Central Region
- Shipt, AL - Shipt announced Kelly Caruso as CEO, succeeding founder Bill Smith, who will continue to serve as an advisor to the company. Most recently, Caruso was SVP hardlines at Target. Shipt operates a platform that allows users to shop grocery items.
- LiveOak Technologies, TX - Liveoak Technologies appointed Tim Ramza as new CEO. Tim's appointment comes at a critical inflection point for growth and expansion, having recently won several enterprise engagements with global customers. Prior to joining Liveoak, Tim served as the Chief Innovation Officer at John Hancock/Manulife and President of Manulife New Ventures where he led strategic investments into early stage fintech companies. Andy Ambrose, Co-founder and former CEO of Liveoak Technologies, will take on a new role as President and head of business development and partnership initiatives. Liveoak Technologies, founded in 2015, is an enterprise SaaS startup backed by investors such as Wild Basin Investments, MATH Ventures, TechStars Ventures, Broadhaven Capital, Zelkova Ventures, S3 Ventures, John Hancock, and Northwestern Mutual Future Ventures.
- 1st Detect Corporation, TX - Astrotech subsidiary 1st Detect appointed Raj Mellacheruvu as President and CEO. Former CEO Thomas B. Pickens III will continue to serve in his role as Chairman of the Board. Mr. Mellacheruvu most recently served as the VP and COO of 1st Detect and was instrumental in revolutionizing the Explosives Trace Detection (ETD) market with the introduction of an ETD-based on mass spectrometry technology. 1st Detect Corporation develops miniature chemical detectors for the chemical detection market.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US West
- Benchmark Electronics, AZ - Benchmark Electronics has appointed Jeff Benck as President, CEO and Director. Benck will succeed Benchmark's current President and CEO Paul Tufano, who will remain with the company as an advisor through December 2019. Benck most recently served as Lantronix's President, CEO and Director since December 2015. Benchmark Electronics provides product design, engineering services, technology solutions, and advanced manufacturing services.
- Petrichor Networks, CO - Petrichor Networks has elected Sean Rooney as CEO. Rooney succeeds John Boland, who remains an active advisor to the company. A seasoned executive in the technology, broadband, and software industries in his 30-year career, Rooney held numerous senior leadership roles at Sony and venture capital-backed startups: Broadbus (acquired by Motorola), BigBand Networks (NASDAQ IPO), etc. Rooney expanded his career gaining key entrepreneurial experience as Founder/CEO of Blossm (social networking app) and serving as an angel investor and advisor to several companies in the blockchain software and social networking spaces. Petrichor Networks develops software and system designs for media delivery industry.
- LinQuest Corporation, CA - LinQuest Corporation announced Timothy Dills as its new CEO and President replacing Dr. Leon Biederman. Dills’ appointment follows LinQuest’s acquisition by Madison Dearborn Partners and CoVant Management and will provide new executive leadership focused on continuing the company’s superior performance as well as capitalizing on its future growth opportunities. Dills will lead a broadened corporate development strategy to pursue opportunities that bring new market access and capabilities to the company, expand its customer base, attract and retain top talent, and increase engagement with all stakeholders. Dills was previously President of Scitor Corporation. Having joined the company in 1989 and becoming its President in 2008. LinQuest Corporation provides technical solutions to the U.S. government and commercial industry.
- BSQUARE Corporation, WA - BSQUARE Corporation announced that Ralph C. Derrickson is being appointed as the company's President and CEO. Since July 2018, Mr. Derrickson has served as the managing director of RCollins Group. Prior to that, from October 2017 until July 2018, he served as the SVP of corporate development for Avizia , where he also served on the board of directors. President and CEO of the company, William D. Savoy, is resigning from the Board and all committees thereof. BSQUARE Corporation provides software solutions and related engineering services to businesses that develop, market, and sell standalone intelligent systems.
- Airgain, CA - Advanced antenna technologies leader, Airgain, appointed James K. Sims as CEO. Sims has served as Airgain’s Chairman since November 2003 and interim CEO since May 2018. Prior to joining Airgain, Sims served as the founding partner of Silicon Valley Data Capital in 2017, and founded Silicon Valley Data Science in 2012, where he is currently the Chairman.
- Host Analytics, CA - Vector Capital announced the successful completion of its acquisition of Host Analytics. In connection with the transaction closing, Ron Baden, Chief Revenue Officer, has been named CEO, and Dan Fletcher, Vice President at Vector Capital, has been named CFO. Host Analytics CEO Dave Kellogg and CFO Ian Charles are stepping down from their positions.
- Agari Data, CA - Agari, an email security startup backed by Goldman Sachs, announced that Agari’s Founder and Executive Chairman and former CEO Patrick Peterson retook the reins of the company he founded in 2009 as CEO. Peterson replaces former CEO Ravi Khatod, a longtime cybersecurity sales executive who joined Agari in 2016. Agari has to date raised more than $80 million at a valuation of $275 million including the money raised, according to data from PitchBook, a venture capital market researcher.
Tech CEO Appointments - Canada
- Ontario: Redline Communications Group
Tech CEO Appointments - Canada
- Redline Communications Group, ON, Canada - Redline Communications Group appointed Stephen J. Sorocky as CEO. Mr. Sorocky will replace Robert Williams, who has been leading the company since 2013. Stephen Sorocky has been a member of the board of directors of Redline since June of 2018 and is an accomplished senior technology executive with broad experience in venture capital backed and public company environments. He served previously as CEO and Director of Skytrac Systems. Redline Communications Group develops broadband fixed wireless base stations, subscriber stations, and network management systems for point-to-point and point-to-multipoint applications for commercial end-users.
Tech CEO Appointments - Rest of the World
- UK: N Brown Group plc, boohoo group plc
- Czech Republic: Avast plc
- Taiwan: MediaTek
- Singapore: Emerio GlobeSoft
Tech CEO Appointment Details - Rest of the World
- MediaTek, Taiwan - MediaTek, the largest mobile chip supplier to China, appointed Rick Tsai as CEO and chairman. He has been the Co-CEO since 2017.
- N Brown Group plc, United Kingdom - N Brown Group Plc appointed Steve Johnson as CEO. Steve was appointed Interim CEO in September 2018 having previously acted as CEO of Financial Services for the Group. Johnson had filled the position as a placeholder when incumbent CEO Angela Spindler abruptly left the online retailer in September 2018. N Brown Group plc operates as a digital fashion retailer in the United Kingdom.
- boohoo group plc, United Kingdom - boohoo group confirmed that John Lyttle has joined as CEO. John joins boohoo following an eight year tenure as COO of Primark Stores Limited. Mahmud Kamani and Carol Kane, previously both Joint CEOs, assuming the roles of Group Executive Chairman and Group Co-Founder and Executive Director respectively. boohoo group plc operates as an online fashion retailer.
- Avast plc, Czech Republic - Avast announces that Vince Steckler has notified the Board of his intention to retire in 2019 after 10 successful years with the Group. He will be succeeded as CEO by Ondrej Vlcek, currently President of the Consumer Business, and Vince's 10-year partner in driving the company's success. Avast Plc and its subsidiaries provide digital security products under the Avast and AVG brands worldwide.
- Emerio GlobeSoft, Singapore - Emerio has appointed Mr. Vishal Dass Bambha to the role of CEO of the company. He will also be responsible for synergising with the wider NTT Group, NTT Communications, and NTT Affiliates (Nippon Telegraph And Telephone acquired Emerio in 2010). Mr. Harish Nim, outgoing CEO, who not only founded the company, but has been at the helm for the past twenty-one years. Emerio GlobeSoft is a technology services company in South East Asia.
Vell Executive Search Representative Placements
About Vell Executive Search
- Deep tech industry retained search experience
- More dedicated time as consultants have few parallel projects.
- Thorough understanding of your company’s business and culture
- Behavioral interviews and competency scorecards.
- Constant two-way, direct communication and 24 /7 availability.
- Insightful and detailed reference checking
- Broad reach of candidates: no hidden relationships. No off-limits.
- Analytics based search process.
Vell Executive Search Contact