Geographic Distribution of Open Tech CEO Roles & Appointments
Reasons for CEO departures of Note
Conduct: Intel and Athenahealth
Disappointing Results: Commvault (with former CEO aged 76), PAR Technology, Stratasys, Sigma Designs, Marchex
- Flex CEO Michael M. McNamara, 61, retired in December 2018, after many years of service.
- Everbridge founder and CEO Jaime Ellertson will transition in July 2019.
- FARO Technologies: Dr. Simon Raab, 65, has decided to retire after 36 years of service.
- Spirent Communications: Eric Hutchison, 63, has decided to retire.
- Benchmark Electronics: Paul J. Tufano, 65, President and CEO, will retire after transitioning his responsibilities to a successor.
- Itron: President & CEO Philip Mezey, 58, has informed the Board of his intention to retire and will continue to lead the Company until a successor is appointed.
M&A / Spin-offs
- Private equity firms Veritas Capital and Evergreen Coast Capital, an affiliate of activist hedge fund Elliott Management, completed the acquisition of athenahealth and combined it with Virence Health, the “value-based care” business that Veritas acquired from GE Healthcare for $1.05 billion in 2018. The combined company will be led by Virence CEO Bob Segert.
- Vector Capital acquired Host Analytics.
- Buchanan & Edwards announced an interim president leading its acquisition of intelligence firm R2C.
- Vector Capital announced the completion of its acquisition of Aspect Software and in connection with the closing, Patrick Dennis, Operating Executive at Vector Capital, has been named President and CEO of Aspect.
Personal Reasons: Digital Guardian, Digital Asset Holdings, TiVo, Hilltop Cybersecurity, Puppet Labs
Long term open roles: Marchex has been without a CEO since October 2016. The call analytics and call tracking company has had an “office of the CEO”.
Sudden resignations: Stratasys, TiVo Corp, Sigma Designs, Telit Communications (after a shareholder revolt)
4 Newly Opened Roles - Geographic Distribution
- North America Newly Opened Tech CEO Roles (4): Benchmark Electronics (AZ), Itron (WA), Buchanan & Edwards (VA), Squire Mining (BC, Canada).
For all 28 Open Tech CEO Roles & All Appointments
Most active states/countries for Open Tech CEO Roles: West Coast
- 10 of the 24 of the open roles are in the West Mountain/Pacific area, with 5 open roles being in California
The most active states/countries for Incoming CEOs: West Coast
- 15 of the 37 appointments are in the West Mountain/Pacific area, with 4 are in the West Mountain region and 11 in West Pacific.
Appointments: There were 6 women CEOs appointed and 36 men. 5 in North America and 1 in APAC.
There are six net new women:
- Men replacing Women: None
- Women replacing Men: 5
- Men replacing Men: 34
- Women replacing Women: None
- Women appointed as CEO of a new entity: 1
- Men appointed as CEO of a new entity: 1
- Men appointed as Co-CEO: 1
34% of women CEOs got hired externally; 42% of men CEOs got hired externally
- 66% of women appointed were internal appointments: promotions or from the existing board.
- 58% of the men appointed were “internal”, i.e. promotions or from the existing board.
Geographic Diversity of Women CEO Appointments
- 6 women appointed were – 5 in the US (2 in Texas, 1 each in California, Oregon and Ontario, Canada), and 1 in APAC (Singapore).
Sources of CEO Appointments
17 out of 42 CEOs appointed were sourced externally (41%)
Out of 17 externally appointed CEOs - 15 were men (88%) and 2 women (12%)
Hope you enjoy this newsletter and find it useful. Suggestions and corrections are most welcomed and appreciated.
Thanks again and all the best,
Vell Executive Search is a retained executive search firm that specializes in recruiting technology execs for boards and executive roles, including Board Members, CEOs, Presidents, GMs, CTOs/Chief Digital Officers/VP Engineering, SVP Sales, Chief Revenue Officers, CMOs, and CFOs. Vell has built a reputation for recruiting talented high-performing leadership teams globally. www.vell.com.
In this Edition
Open Tech CEO Roles: United States, Canada, EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America
New Tech CEO Appointments: United States, Canada, EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America
Vell Executive Search Representative Placements: Board, CEOs, GMs, CTOs, CFOs, SVP Sales, SVP, Marketing, CIOs, Chief Digital Officers
About Vell Executive Search
Open Tech CEO Roles
Open Tech CEO Roles - United States
- Northeast & Mid Atlantic: PAR Technology Corporation, NY; Everbridge, MA, Digital Guardian, MA; Digital Asset Holdings, NY.
- Midwest: Stratasys, MN; Nortech Systems, MN.
- South Atlantic: FARO Technologies, FL; Buchanan & Edwards, VA.
- West Mountain: Benchmark Electronics, AZ
- West Pacific: Itron, WA; Sigma Designs, CA; Marchex, WA; BSQUARE, WA; Airgain, CA; Kymeta Corporation, WA; Host Analytics, CA; Digital Locations, CA.
Northeast Open Tech CEO Roles
- PAR Technology Corporation, NY, Dec 2018 - PAR Technology announced that Savneet Singh, a member of the Company’s Board of Directors since April 2018, has been appointed Interim CEO and President of the Company. The Company also announced that Dr. Donald H. Foley has stepped-down as CEO and President, and as a director of the Company. The Board has initiated a search process to identify a permanent CEO. Mr. Singh is a partner of CoVenture, LLC, a multi-asset manager with funds in venture capital, direct lending, and crypto currency. Restaurant POS Solutions and Government Solutions.
- Everbridge, MA, Jun 2018 - Everbridge announced that long-time Chairman and CEO Jaime Ellertson will transition to executive chairman in mid to late 2019. Critical event management and enterprise safety software applications.
- Digital Guardian, MA, Oct 2018 - Digital Guardian announced that Ken Levine has stepped down as president and CEO for personal reasons. Digital Guardian has initiated a CEO search, and Paul Ciriello, an investor and member of Digital Guardian’s Board of Directors, will act as Interim CEO to oversee the company’s day-to-day operations. Levine will remain on the Board of Directors and act as a strategic advisor during the CEO search and transition. Data-centric security platform designed to stop data theft. The Digital Guardian platform performs across traditional endpoints, mobile devices and cloud applications to make it easier to see and stop all threats to sensitive data. Note as of 2/19 - Digital Guardian appointed Mo Rosen, GM, Cybersecurity from CA.
- Digital Asset Holdings, NY, Dec 2018 - Blythe Masters, former banker who was one of most high-profile executives to jump to blockchain industry, is stepping down as CEO of Digital Asset Holdings. The software company develops and builds distributed ledger technology solutions for the financial services industry.
Midwest Open Tech CEO Roles
- Stratasys, MN, May 2018 - Ilan Levin has decided to step down from his positions as CEO and Director of the 3D printer and additive manufacturing company, after less than two years on the job. Elchanan (Elan) Jaglom, the company’s current Chairman of the Board, will serve as CEO until a successor is appointed. The company is conducting a CEO Search. Stratasys had stumbled in recent quarters, with Levin noting earlier this month that the company experienced some slowdown in orders for high-end systems in government, automotive, and aerospace. 3D printers and 3D production systems for office-based rapid prototyping and direct manufacturing solution.
- Nortech Systems, MN, Aug 2018 - Rich Wasielewski, president and CEO of Nortech Systems since 2014, announced he will be retiring. Nortech Systems has retained an executive recruitment to find a CEO. He will continue to lead the company during the search and subsequent transition period. Nortech is a full-scale provider of contract design, engineering, production and post-market services for electro-mechanical products. Note: as of 2/19, Jay Miller, interim President since January 1 and Director since May 2018 has been appointed CEO.
South Atlantic Open CEO Roles
- FARO Technologies, Florida, Jan 2019 - FARO announced that Dr. Simon Raab plans to retire as President and CEO and as a member of the Board of Directors when a successor is appointed. Dr. Raab has served as FARO's President and CEO since December 2015 and previously served as its CEO from its inception in 1982 until January 2006 and has been the Company's Chairman since its inception. 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology; computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software.
- Buchanan & Edwards, VA, Feb 2019 - Buchanan & Edwards announced that Pamela Rothka has been appointed as interim president. Rothka has served as the company’s CFO since 2015, playing a key role in the company’s successful move into the mid-tier including leading its acquisition of intelligence firm R2C. Former president and CEO Dennis Kelly is leaving the company to join a mid-market private equity platform holding company within the portfolio of Arlington Capital Partners. Buchanan & Edwards provides information technology consulting services.
West Mountain Open Tech CEO Roles
- Benchmark Electronics, AZ, Feb 2019 - Benchmark Electronics announced that Paul J. Tufano, 65, President and CEO, will retire after transitioning his responsibilities to a successor to be identified by the Board of Directors. He will also resign from the Board once his successor assumes the role of CEO. Mr. Tufano will remain with the company as an advisor through December 31, 2019. Benchmark Electronics provides engineering services, integrated technology solutions, and manufacturing services.
West Pacific Open Tech CEO Roles
- Itron, WA, Jan 2019 - Itron announced that Philip Mezey, 58, the Company’s President and CEO and a member of the Board of Directors, has informed the Board of his intention to retire from his positions. By mutual agreement with the Board, Mr. Mezey will continue to lead the Company until a successor is appointed. Itron, a technology company, provides end-to-end solutions that measures, manages, and analyzes energy and water use worldwide.
- TiVo Corporation, CA, Jul 2018 - TiVo Corporation announced that its board member Raghavendra Rau has been named as interim President and CEO. The appointment follows Enrique Rodriguez's personal decision to resign from his role as its President, CEO and a member of the Board, after less than a year in the role, to assume CTO role at Liberty Global in Europe.
- Sigma Designs, CA, Jan 2018 - Sigma Designs' President & CEO Thinh Tran has resigned abruptly after 36 years in the role. Mr. Elias Nader, Sigma's current SVP and CFO, has been appointed as interim President and CEO of the high -performance system-on-a-chip semiconductor company. Note: Sigma Designs has been liquidating its assets and we will be removing this in our next newsletter.
- Marchex, WA, Oct 2016 - Pete Christothoulou resigned as CEO in October 2016. An office of the Chairman and CEO for the call analytics and call tracking company is still in place as of February 20th, 2019.
- BSQUARE, WA, May 2018 - Jerry D. Chase has stepped down as President and CEO and his board seat. Going forward, BSQUARE will be led by board chairman Andrew Harries who will assume an expanded role as executive chairman, and by Kevin Walsh, VP Marketing, who will serve as acting CEO while continuing to oversee marketing and corporate strategy. Mr. Chase will transition into an advisory role with BSQUARE. The company is conducting a search for a new CEO. BSQUARE is an Industrial IoT Solutions provider.
- Airgain, CA, May 2018 - Airgain announced the resignation of Chuck Myers, CEO, after leading the antenna company for more than seven years. Chairman James K. Sims assumed the role of Interim CEO as the company searches for a new permanent CEO. Airgain is a provider of throughput optimized antenna systems and performance validation services, enabling high-performance wireless connectivity globally for in-home, enterprise, and M2M applications.
- Kymeta Corporation, WA, Oct 2018 - Kymeta announced that CEO Dr. Nathan Kundtz will leave his current role and will continue in an advisory role to the company going forward. Marc Stolzman, Kymeta’s President and CFO will guide the company’s day-to-day operations in the interim while searching for its next CEO. Kymeta makes connectivity as simple and available as a view of the sky. Satellites provide a global network of available high-throughput bandwidth.
- Host Analytics, CA, Jan 2019 - Vector Capital announced the successful completion of its acquisition of Host Analytics Inc. In connection with the transaction closing, Ron Baden, Chief Revenue Officer, has been named interim CEO, and Dan Fletcher, Vice President at Vector Capital, has been named interim CFO. Host Analytics CEO Dave Kellogg and CFO Ian Charles are stepping down from their positions and will assist the company through the transition period. Cloud-based EPM market, providing innovative solutions to corporate finance departments for planning, budgeting, modeling, consolidations, and reporting.
- Digital Locations, CA, Jun 2018 - Gerard F. Hug, CEO and a director of Digital Locations, resigned from his positions as the Company’s CEO and member of the board. William E. Beifuss, Jr., the company’s President and Acting CFO was appointed to serve as Interim CEO of the company. Digital Locations is developing an artificial intelligence (AI) platform to create highly personalized digital content and experiences for each and every person connected to the Internet.
Open Tech CEO Roles - Canada
- British Columbia: Photon Control, HIVE Blockchain Technologies, CounterPath, BLOK Technologies, Squire Mining
- Ontario: First Global Data
Details of Open Tech CEO Roles - Canada
- Photon Control, BC, Canada, Dec 2018 - Photon Control announced that Scott Edmonds has departed from the company as Director, President and CEO to pursue other interests. D. Neil McDonnell, Chair of the Board of Directors, will assume the role of Interim CEO. Photon Control is a leading supplier of fiber optic temperature and position measurement technologies for the Wafer Fabrication Equipment and Semiconductor.
- HIVE Blockchain Technologies, BC, Canada, Aug 2018 - HIVE announced Harry Pokrandt is retiring from his full-time role as President, CEO and Director. Frank Holmes, the company's Chairman, will act as Interim Executive Chairman and Olivier Roussy Newton, a Director of the company, will act as Interim President to ensure a smooth transition of management duties. The Board of Directors has begun a search for a new CEO and will take due care and appropriate time in finding the right candidate to propel HIVE into its next phase of growth and development.
- CounterPath Corporation, BC, Canada, Sep 2018 - CounterPath Corporation announced that Donovan Jones has resigned as President, CEO and director. David Karp, CFO, will serve in an interim role as CEO and lead company until a new CEO is appointed. Desktop and mobile SIP-based VoIP softphones and solutions for enterprises and service providers. Home of the industry favorite Bria and X-Lite clients.
- First Global Data, ON, Canada, Dec 2018 - First Global Data announced the resignation of its Chairman and CEO, Mr. Andre Itwaru. The Company is actively sourcing a replacement CEO and will provide additional updates by way of press release. First Global Data provides electronic payments and transaction processing solutions.
- BLOK Technologies, BC, Canada, Jan 2019 - BLOK Technologies announced the resignation of President & CEO Robert Dawson. Mr. James Hyland, Director, will be serving as interim president. The company has promptly begun a search for a permanent President & CEO. The Company invests in and develops emerging companies in the blockchain technology sector.
- Squire Mining Ltd., BC, Canada, Jan 2019 - Squire Mining announced that COO Mrs. Angela Holowaychuk will assume the responsibilities of interim CEO until a permanent appointment is announced. The company announced the resignation of Taras Kulyk as CEO. Filling the vacancy on the Board of Directors due to the departure of Taras Kulyk, Mrs. Angela Holowaychuk was appointed to the Board for Squire Mining. Squire Mining Ltd. engages in the development, operation, and manufacture of data mining infrastructure and system technology to support blockchain applications in the crypto-asset mining space worldwide.
Open Tech CEO Roles - EMEA
- Sweden: Cherry AB
- UK: Spirent Communications, Telit Communications, Redcentric
Details of Open Tech CEO Roles - EMEA
- Spirent Communications, UK, Nov 2018 - Spirent Communications plc announced that Eric Hutchinson has informed the board of his intention to retire from the company. As a result, the board is commencing a search process for his replacement. He has agreed to continue in his role as CEO until a replacement has been appointed and for a transitional period thereafter. Spirent Communications plc provides solutions to develop devices and equipment and to operate networks worldwide.
- Telit Communications plc, UK, Sep 2018 - Telit Communications' Yosi Fait resigned as CEO. Paolo Dal Pino, the non-executive Chairman who has previously held several CEO roles, becomes Executive Chairman on an interim basis. Telit provides Internet of Things (IoT) deployment solutions.
- Cherry AB, Sweden, May 2018 - Anders Holmgren, CEO and President, left the Swedish gaming company. Gunnar Lind is acting CEO and will remain in this position to ascertain that the group develops according to plan until a permanent CEO is appointed.
- Redcentric plc, UK, Nov 2018 - Redcentric plc announced the resignation of Chris Jagusz both from the Board and as Chief Executive. Peter Brotherton, CFO, will assume Chief Executive responsibilities while a formal process to appoint a permanent Chief Executive is carried out. Redcentric plc provides IT managed services in the United Kingdom.
Tech CEO Appointments
Tech CEO Appointments - US
- Northeast & Mid-Atlantic: Cognizant Technology Solutions, NJ; athenahealth, MA; Commvault Systems, NJ; BackOffice Associates, MA; BCM One, NY; Brain Scientific, NY; CiBO Technologies, MA
- Midwest: Mace Security International, OH; G Treasury SS, IL; Olah Healthcare Technology, OH; Contegix, MO
- South Atlantic: CCUR Holdings, GA; IronNet Cybersecurity, MD; Fishbowl, VA
- South Central: Indeed, TX; Zinwave Limited, TX; StoneEagle.com, TX; Blocnets, AL; Hanson Robotics, TX
- West Mountain: ServiceSource International, CO; Aspect Software, AR
- West Pacific: Intel Corporation, CA; Puppet Labs, OR; SugarCRM, CA; Blytheco, CA; Sonasoft Corp., CA; Infoworks.io, CA; Gigster, CA.
Tech CEO Appointments in the Northeast & Mid-Atlantic
- Cognizant Technology Solutions, NJ - Cognizant announced that its Board of Directors has appointed Brian Humphries, currently the CEO of Vodafone Business, as its CEO and a member of the Board of Directors. Following Humphries’ appointment, Francisco D’Souza, who co-founded Cognizant and has served as CEO since 2007, will serve as full-time Executive Vice Chairman to facilitate the transition. Thereafter, he will remain on the Board as Vice Chairman. The Company also announced that Rajeev Mehta will step down as the Company's President and will thereafter serve as an advisor to the new CEO for a month.
- athenahealth, MA - Private equity firms Veritas Capital and Evergreen Coast Capital, an affiliate of activist hedge fund Elliott Management, completed the acquisition of athenahealth for approximately $5.7 billion in cash. After the sale closed, Veritas and Evergreen combined Athenahealth with Virence Health, the “value-based care” business that Veritas acquired from GE Healthcare for $1.05 billion in 2018. The combined company will be led by Virence CEO Bob Segert, along with a management team of executives from both Virence and Athenahealth, according to the deal announcement. The combined business will be headquartered in Watertown and will operate under the name Athenahealth.
- Commvault Systems, NJ - Commvault appointed Sanjay Mirchandani as President and CEO and member of the Board. Mirchandani, previously the CEO of Puppet, replaces retiring President and CEO Bob Hammer. Commvault Systems provides data protection and information management software applications and related services.
- BackOffice Associates, MA - BackOffice Associates has appointed the company's current President of Global Consulting and Services Kevin Campbell as CEO. BackOffice Associates is a portfolio company of Bridge Growth Partners, a growth-oriented private equity firm that targets investments in the technology and technology services sectors. David Booth, who is retiring as CEO, will continue to serve as an advisor to the business. BackOffice Associates solves complex enterprise data transformation challenges by combining data expertise, intelligent software and packaged solution accelerators to yield certain and superior business outcomes.
- BCM One, NY - Geoff Bloss, formerly the COO with a seven-year tenure at the company, is named CEO of the company and will serve on the company board of directors. BCM One provides technology solutions for business infrastructure and applications.
- Brain Scientific, NY - Brain Scientific appointed Jesse W. Crowne, 39, as the Company’s new CEO, replacing Vadim Sakharov, who will remain with the Company as its President and CTO. Mr. Crowne has served as the CEO of Nepetx since January 2016. Brain Scientific operates as a neurodiagnostic and predictive technology platform company in the United States.
- CiBO Technologies, MA - CiBO Technologies has appointed Daniel P. Ryan to the role of CEO. Most recently he was CEO of RedBrick Health, a health engagement and wellbeing company that was acquired by Marlin Equity Partners. He replaces former CEO David Worn. CiBO Technologies develops software products to solve problems of agricultural systems.
Tech CEO Appointments in the US Midwest Region
- Mace Security International, OH - Mace Security International has named Gary Medved as President and CEO. Medved brings a wealth of relevant experience to his new role. Throughout his career, he has held senior leadership roles with Goodyear, Stride Tool, and Roto-Die At Stride Tool. Medved replaces John McCann as CEO. Mace Security International manufactures and sells personal defense and security products to consumer and business markets.
- G Treasury SS, IL - GTreasury appointed a new CEO, Renaat Ver Eecke. Orazio Pater, founder and former CEO of the innovative, SaaS treasury management systems provider, retired to assume his new post as Executive Chairman of the Board. Ver Eecke brings to GTreasury twenty years of proven experience in growing technology businesses. Most recently he was President of Teletrac Navman, a $200 million global SaaS business, which he led to double-digit growth.
- Olah Healthcare Technology, OH - OLAH Healthcare Technology appointed Gregory Miller as new CEO. Miller takes on the CEO responsibilities in addition to his day-to-day leadership and also serves as president of the company. A technology industry veteran, he joined OLAH as its president and COO in September 2017. Olah Healthcare Technology provides decommissioning services to health providers.
- Contegix, MO - Contegix announced that its Board of Directors has appointed Brad Hokamp as CEO. Hokamp takes over from David Turner who partnered with Strattam Capital to complete an investment in Contegix in 2016. Through a combination of organic growth and four strategic acquisitions over the past two years, Contegix has grown to serve more than 1,000 enterprise customers. Hokamp, most recently CEO at Anexinet, is a seasoned leader with a proven track record in the cloud, data center, digital transformation, and application development industries. Contegix provides cloud computing, colocation, and managed hosting solutions.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US South Atlantic Region
- CCUR Holdings, GA - CCUR Holdings (formerly Concurrent Computer Corporation) appointed iCEO Wayne Barr, Jr. as the company’s CEO and President. Mr. Barr will also continue to serve as Executive Chairman of the Board. The appointment comes after CCUR acquired the operating assets of LuxeMark Capital, which operates through its syndication network to facilitate merchant cash advance (MCA) funding by connecting a network of MCA originators with syndicate participants who provide those originators with additional capital by purchasing participation interests in funded MCAs.
- IronNet Cybersecurity, MD - IronNet Cybersecurity announced that its Board of Directors has appointed William "Bill" Welch as co-CEO. General (Ret.) Keith B. Alexander, the former Director of the U.S. National Security Agency and Founding Commander of U.S. Cyber Command, will continue in his role as Founder, co-CEO, and Chairman of IronNet Cybersecurity. Most recently serving as COO and President of Ann Arbor, MI-based Duo Security, where he successfully completed a $2.35 billion cash transaction with Cisco, Welch also previously served as COO for cloud-based network security company Zscaler. IronNet Cybersecurity provides solutions for cyber-attacks.
- Fishbowl, VA - Fishbowl has named Mike Dodson as its new CEO. Dodson has shown an ability to merge innovation and customer service in a variety of capacities, including serving as an advisor to emerging technology companies such as Resy and Rewards Network, and as Chief Revenue Officer /SVP of Global Sales and Restaurant Relations at OpenTable. He replaces Jim Soss who stepped down in December 2018. Fishbowl provides a SaaS based marketing analytics platform for the restaurant industry.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US South Central Region
- Indeed, TX - Indeed has named Chris Hyams as its new CEO. Chris will replace Hisayuki Idekoba (Deko) who has served in that role since October 2013. Chris has served as President of Indeed since October 2015 and has been responsible for innovation and growth. Previously, he served as SVP of Product. Indeed owns and operates an online search job site that offers job seekers access to jobs from company Websites and job boards worldwide.
- Zinwave Limited, TX - Zinwave has announced Brad Kitterman as CEO. He joins Zinwave from a division of its parent company, McWane. As CEO of Nighthawk, a McWane Technology Group company, Kitterman achieved significant growth while enhancing the company's product portfolio and improving customer service. Kitterman replaces Scott Willis who served as CEO snce 2016. Zinwave provides wideband active distributed antenna system (DAS) technology for in-building wireless coverage.
- StoneEagle.com, TX - F&I Administration Solutions and StoneEagle have merged to form StoneEagle F&I. StoneEagle CEO Cindy Allen will serve as CEO of the combined company, which will be headquartered in Richardson, TX. StoneEagle founder, Brent Allen, and F&I Admin CEO, David Trinder, will both be board members and play active roles in the company. F&I Administration Solutions, LLC is the leading provider of software solutions for the administration of automotive F&I products. StoneEagle provides innovative F&I solutions and customer service to the retail automotive industry. StoneEagle.com designs applications for the retail automotive industry.
- Blocnets, AL - BLOCNETS reported that Robert Betts has been named CEO. As CEO, Betts will lead a team of developers and engineers utilizing blockchain technologies to bring greater transparency, security, and accountability to today's complex, extended supply chains. Betts has been with BLOCNETS since the beginning, helping to build the software company and its products since the company's official formation in March 2018. Blocnets develops a blockchain system of integrated applications that operate together or individually to ensure the most dependable and secure supply chain for all companies.
- Hanson Robotics, TX - Hanson Robotics Limited appointed Jeanne Lim as the company's new CEO. Company founder David Hanson, will assume the role as Chairman, Chief Creative Office, and acting CTO. Lim will lead Hanson Robotics' growth as one of the most influential AI and robotics companies in the world. Since joining Hanson Robotics in 2015, Lim excelled in leading business development and marketing as CMO and Director of Product and Sales. Hanson Robotics engages in the development, manufacture, and distribution of humanlike intelligent robots that fulfill the psychological need for face-to-face communication.
Tech CEOs Appointed in the US West
- ServiceSource International, CO - ServiceSource International announced that Gary B. Moore, Chairman of the Company's Board of Directors, was appointed to also serve as the Company's CEO. Former CEO Christopher M. Carrington stepped down in December 2018. ServiceSource International provides recurring revenue management, maintenance, support, and subscription for technology and technology-enabled healthcare and life sciences companies.
- Aspect Software, AR - Vector Capital announced the completion of its acquisition of Aspect Software In connection with the closing, Patrick Dennis, Operating Executive at Vector Capital, has been named President and CEO of Aspect. As an Operating Executive at Vector Capital, Mr. Dennis led the Aspect acquisition process alongside Vector’s investment team. He has a twenty-year track record of leadership in the technology sector, including serving as President and CEO of Guidance Software and has held senior executive roles at EMC and Oracle. He replaces Chris Koziol as CEO. Aspect Software provides integrated customer engagement, workforce optimization, and self-service omni-channel solutions.
- Intel Corporation, CA - Intel Corporation announced that its board of directors has named Robert (Bob) Swan as CEO. Swan, 58, who has been serving as Intel’s interim CEO for seven months and as CFO since 2016, is the seventh CEO in Intel’s 50-year history. Swan has also been elected to Intel’s board of directors. In June 2018 Brian Krzanich resigned as CEO and board member of Intel, after violating company policy for a relationship with an employee.
- Puppet Labs, OR - Puppet announced Yvonne Wassenaar as its CEO. Most recently, she served as the CEO of Airware, a leading enterprise drone analytics company. Prior to joining Airware, she served as the CIO of New Relic. Sanjay Mirchandani stepped down as the CEO of Puppet to embark on a new opportunity as CEO of Commvault. Puppet Labs provides automation solutions that help system administrators to automate the configuration and management of machines and software running on them.
- SugarCRM, CA - SugarCRM announced that it has appointed Craig Charlton as CEO. Charlton succeeds Larry Augustin, SugarCRM’s former CEO, who has been named chairman of the board of directors. Charlton is former CEO of Oildex and Abila. SugarCRM provides customer relationship management (CRM) solutions for enterprises.
- Blytheco, CA - Blytheco announces COO Lori Seal as CEO. Previously, Lori was a top Microsoft Gold Dynamics AX partner and also spent over 13 years at Sage. Blytheco provides business management software to businesses in the United States.
- Sonasoft Corp., CA - Sonasoft Corp. named Frank Velasquez has been appointed as CEO and Director. The company's former CEO and Founder, Andy Khanna, will transition from his previous role and assist the company with his nearly fifty years of leadership as an adviser. Mr. Velasquez, the Founder and CEO of Cornerstone Technologies, will now take the reigns as CEO of Sonasoft Corp. Sonasoft Corp. provides email archiving and business continuity software and services for small and mid-sized business.
- Infoworks.io, CA - Infoworks.io announced that Buno Pati has been appointed as CEO, moving from his prior role as Executive Chairman, and co-founder Amar Arsikere has transitioned from CEO to Chief Product Officer and CTO. Infoworks is engaged in automating big data analytics and applications workflows to successfully deploy to production.
- Gigster, CA - Gigster, a leader in developing digital transformation applications that give companies the agility to thrive in a software-defined world, announced today that Chris Keene has joined as CEO, following the departure of founder and CEO Roger Dickey. Keene previously sold his company, WaveMaker, to VMware, where he redefined VMware’s strategy for cloud computing and helped drive the $400 million Pivotal spinout. As the CEO and founder of Persistence Software, he led the company to an IPO in the real-time analytics market.
Tech CEO Appointments - Canada
- Quebec: iPerceptions, Nexalogy
- Ontario: Enablence Technologies. StarTech.com, Statflo
- British Columbia: RSI International Systems, December 33 Capital, Hilltop Cybersecurity, Genesis Fintech
Tech CEO Appointments - Canada
- RSI International Systems, BC, Canada - RSI International Systems appointed Adam Ho, as President & CEO as it closes the sale of its RoomKeyPMS business to NSight Inc. He replaces Tim Major. Mr. Ho has been a member of the company’s Board of Directors since August 2016 and was instrumental in completing the sale of the Company’s business. RSI International Systems provides an integrated Web-based real-time reservation and property management system (PMS).
- Enablence Technologies, ON, Canada - Steve Wang has been appointed as CEO of the Company. Mr. Wang replaces Evan Chen who has stepped down as CEO. Wang is a seasoned technology executive with over 25 years of industry experience. Mr. Wang has held senior management positions at Alien Technology, Checkpoint System Inc. and Finisar. Mr. Wang holds 70 Patents. Enablence Technologies designs, manufactures and sells optical components and subsystems to a global customer base.
- December 33 Capital, BC, Canada - December 33 Capital (fka Linqster Technologies) appointed Morgan Good as CEO and director of the Company. He succeeds Mr. Andrew Reynolds who has resigned from his positions with the Company. December 33 Capital engages in developing location-based item tracking technology.
- Hilltop Cybersecurity, BC, Canada - Hilltop Cybersecurity has appointed its founder and CTO Neil Wright as the new CEO for the Company. Corby Marshall the previous CEO has resigned for personal reasons and will also step down from the Board to pursue other opportunities. Hilltop Cybersecurity, a technology company, primarily engages in the development of cyber security and cryptocurrency software.
- StarTech.com, ON, Canada - StarTech.com, one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, announced that Lynn Smurthwaite-Murphy has been promoted to the role of CEO. Murphy, who has been with the company since December 2016, will hold the dual role of President and CEO, and will oversee the company's long-term growth strategy and global operations. Paul Seed, who co-founded StarTech.com over 33 years ago, will assume the role of Executive Chairman and Owner. StarTech.com manufactures connectivity and technology parts.
- iPerceptions, QC,Canada - iperceptions appointed Pascal Cardinal as its new President and CEO. Cardinal transitions from his current role as COO of iperceptions, and succeeds iperceptions’ current CEO Martin Le Sauteur, who moves to the role of Chairman of the Board. iPerceptions develops web-focused voice of customer (VoC) solutions for telecommunications, hospitality, e-commerce, financial, and automotive industries.
- Statflo, ON, Canada - Statflo has appointed Peter Macnee as its new CEO. Macnee joins Statflo with an outstanding track record of building and scaling high-growth businesses and will drive Statflo's aggressive expansion plans in North America and beyond. Most recently, he was Co-Founder and CEO of Virgin Mobile Latin America, a business he grew from inception to 3.4 million customers. Kevin Gervais, CEO remains on Statflo's Board and moves to Chief Strategy Officer. Statflo uses data and analytics to help wireless dealers.
- Genesis Fintech, BC, Canada - Genesis will acquire 100% of the issued and outstanding shares in BlocPal. Mr. Nick Mellios will be named as the CEO and President of the resulting issuer. Nick Mellios currently owns 6,375,000 of the common shares of BlocPal. Genesis Fintech invests in the fintech and blockchain payment sectors. BlocPal provides an advanced FinTech digital payments infrastructure focused on bringing the significant benefits of blockchain and digital currencies to the mainstream.
- Nexalogy, QC,Canada - Nexalogy Environics has promoted Marshall Gunter from Chief Technology Officer to CEO. Mr. Gunter has lead engineering teams both large and small to drive and build great ideas into successful products. His engineering background is rooted in big data analysis and machine learning at scale. He replaces CEO Claude G. Théoret. Nexalogy develops business intelligence and data analysis software for government agencies and Fortune 500 corporations.
Tech CEO Appointments - EMEA
- UK: AO World plc, ITOCHU Europe plc
Tech CEO Appointment Details - EMEA
- AO World plc, UK - AO World plc announced that Steve Caunce has decided to step down as CEO and from the Board with immediate effect. The board has re-appointed John Roberts, AO's founder, as CEO. John led the business until February 2017 when Steve became CEO and John decided to focus on innovation and development projects. He now has a renewed energy to focus on the business he created and to lead AO on the continued execution of its strategy. AO World plc operates as an online retailer of domestic appliances and consumer electronics.
- ITOCHU Europe plc, UK - ITOCHU Corporation announced Hiroshi Sato as CEO of ITOCHU Europe PLC. He is former COO, Plant Project, Marine & Aerospace Division. ITOCHU Europe PLC sells flying probe test equipment.
Tech CEO Appointments - APAC
- Singapore: Flex
- India: BSNL, Persistent Systems
Tech CEO Appointment Details - APAC
- Flex Ltd., Singapore - Flex announced that Revathi Advaithi has been named CEO and appointed to the Board of Directors at Flex. Prior to Flex, Ms. Advaithi was president and COO for the Electrical Sector business for Eaton. She also had corporate responsibility for the Europe, Middle East and Africa region. Michael M. McNamara, the Company’s former CEO and Director, decided to retire as CEO, effective December 31, 2018. Flex provides design, engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain services and solutions to original equipment manufacturers worldwide.
- BSNL, India - The Public Enterprise Selection Board named Pravin Kumar Purwar , currently the CMD of MTNL, as the new chairman-cum-managing director (CMD) of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) to succeed the current incumbent Anupam Shrivastava who superannuates in June 2019. BSNL provides various telecom services in India.
- Persistent Systems Limited, India - Persistent Systems Limited appointed Mr. Christopher (Chris) O'Connor as CEO Designate. Chris will be based in the US, joining the Company via Persistent Systems Inc., US subsidiary. Until recently, Chris led the Internet of Things business unit at IBM including roles as its General Manager, Head of Sales and Head of all software R&D. He has been the founding strategist, leader and industry wide innovator of IBM IoT. Dr. Anand Deshpande, Founder, Chairman and Managing Director will be transitioning his CEO duties in next 3 quarters. Persistent Systems provides computer programming, consultancy, and related services.
Vell Executive Search Representative Placements
About Vell Executive Search
- Deep tech industry retained search experience
- More dedicated time as consultants have few parallel projects.
- Thorough understanding of your company’s business and culture
- Behavioral interviews and competency scorecards.
- Constant two-way, direct communication and 24 /7 availability.
- Insightful and detailed reference checking
- Broad reach of candidates: no hidden relationships. No off-limits.
- Analytics based search process.
Vell Executive Search Contact