Geographic Distribution of Open Tech Roles
So, in total, open roles:
- Heads of technology (CIOs, CTOs) - 22
- CTOs (Product) - 5
- Data Chiefs - 8
- CISO - 9
In this Edition
- Open Tech Function Roles - North America by Function
- Open Tech Function Roles - Rest of World by Function
- Vell Executive Search Representative Placements
- About Vell Executive Search
The tech functions we cover in this newsletter are: EVP, Tech and Ops, CIO, CTO, Chief Digital Officer, Chief Product Officer (Product development and engineering), Data Science, Data Chiefs, Data Analytics chiefs (tech data analytics chiefs), Security, Privacy Chiefs, Blockchain chiefs.
Hope you enjoy this newsletter and find it useful. Suggestions and corrections are most welcomed and appreciated.
Thanks again and all the best,
Vell Executive Search is a retained executive search firm that specializes in recruiting technology execs for boards and executive roles, including Board Members, CEOs, Presidents, GMs, CTOs/Chief Digital Officers/VP Engineering, as well as tech executives and board members for the technology industry. Vell has built a reputation for recruiting talented high-performing leadership teams globally. www.vell.com.
Open Technology Roles
- CVS Health, RI, December 2017 - CVS Health CIO Stephen Gold left the company to pursue professional opportunities outside CVS Health.
- State Street Global Advisors, MA, Nov 2018 - The Corporate CIO’s role is to provide leadership for developing and implementing business and strategic technology initiatives. The Corporate Chief Information Officer directs the local planning, prioritization, and implementation of Business and Enterprise IT systems in support of corporate business operations, including end user computing, in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and business mission development.
- Valmont Industries, NE, Sept 2018 - John A. Kehoe, SVP, IT of Valmont Industries, resigned from his position with the company to pursue other opportunities. No replacement announced yet.
- Pier 1 Imports, TX, Oct 2018 - Bhargav J. Shah, 42, SVP and CIO of Pier 1 Imports., notified the Company of his intent to resign from his position in November 2018. No replacement announced yet.
- Ellie Mae, CA, Nov 2018 - Peter Hirsch, EVP, Technology and Operations of the company, will be leaving the company effective January 2, 2019. No replacement has been announced yet.
- Ameris Bancorp, GA, Dec 2018 - The company announced the retirement of Joseph B. Kissel, the company’s EVP & CIO, effective as of December 31, 2018.
- Kinsale Capital Group, VA, Nov 2018 - William J. Kenney, Jr. notified Kinsale Capital Group that he will be stepping down from his current role as SVP & CIO, effective July 1, 2019, and transition to a new part-time consulting role managing critical development projects for the Company as well as other endeavors unrelated to the Company.
- Spok Holdings, VA, Aug 2018 - Thomas G. Saine, 55, the CIO of Virginia based global leader in healthcare communications Spok Holdings, passed away unexpectedly. Mr. Saine served as CIO of the Company since August 2008, and previously served as the company's CTO, President of GTES, an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of the company, VP of Corporate Technical Operations and VP, Technology and Integration.
- University of Oklahoma, OK, Jun 2017 - Eddie Huebsch has been named interim CIO at the University. Huebsch has served OU IT for more than 16 years in a variety of leadership roles, most recently as associate VP of technology advancement.
- Biotest, FL, Jan 2018 - Stuart Kippelman has taken on the temporary role of Interim CIO at the pharmaceutical company.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C., Aug 2018 - Beth Killoran, who served as CIO for HHS for the past two years, will help develop a strategic IT plan for the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, shifting roles. HHS CTO Ed Simcox will stand in as acting CIO. The move follows other high-level IT staff departures at the health agency this year, including the loss of former CTO Bruce Greenstein, as well as its CISO.
- T.D. Williamson, OK, Nov 2018 - The company is seeking a CIO to direct the information systems activities, including systems strategy, design, programming and procedures, and operation of computer and related IT equipment for TDW’s world-wide operation. T. D. Williamson, Inc. develops and manufactures pipeline equipment and provides services for onshore and offshore applications.
- PeaceHealth, WA, Dec 2018 - PeaceHealth is hiring for a Chief Medical Information Officer. PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska.
- Masco Cabinetry, MI, Sep 2018 - Masco Cabinetry is seeking a CIO who will partner with its business leaders to develop and execute an IT strategy in support of the business goals.
- Strata Information Group, CA, Nov 2018 - Strata is looking for a CIO to fill an opening in San Francisco. The ideal CIO candidate must have prior experience in managing technology organizations and delivery of technology services to both the administrative and instructional communities in a college or university. Strata Information Group (SIG) assists colleges and universities with information technology initiatives
- The Rawlings Group, KY, Dec 2018 - The Rawlings Group is seeking a CIO, who will have major initiatives that include strategy, leadership, team development and IT operations.
- Mirror Show Management, NY, Dec 2018 - The company is looking for a CIO with proven experience as CIO or similar C level role. Mirror Show Management (MSM) is a woman-owned customer experience agency specializing in exhibits, events and environments.
- PKF O’Connor Davies, NJ, Dec 2018 - PKF O’Connor Davies, the full-service certified public accounting and advisory firm, is seeking a CIO to provide technology leadership, direct, plan, organize and control all activities of the IT Department and to ensure the effective, efficient and secure operation of all technology systems and services.
Chief Technology Officers (Non Tech Vendor Product/ CIO/IT)
- Goldman Sachs, NY, Nov 2018 - Goldman Sachs is looking for a Chief Technology Risk Officer, who will be responsible for representing, managing and communicating technology risk for the Securities Division.
CTOs - Tech Products/ Tech Strategy
- Analog Devices, MA, Sept 2018 - Peter Real informed Analog Devices that he was resigning from his position as SVP and CTO of the Company, due to health reasons. Before the CTO role, he was VP, High Speed Products. There is still no announcement on who will replace him.
- Conformis, MA, Sep 2018 - Daniel Steines, M.D, M.S., CTO, of Conformis, announced his resignation from the company. He will assist the company in transitioning his responsibilities to other executive officers through the date of his departure and will continue to serve as a consultant to the company following his departure.
- Accelerize, CA, Feb 2018 - Dave Stewart, CTO of Accelerize, resigned from his position. Accelerize Inc. provides software solutions for businesses to enhance their digital advertising spend in the United States, Europe, and internationally.
- FISION Corporation, MN, Jun 2018 - Effective Jun 15, 2018, Wade Anderson resigned as CTO (as well as Chief Product Officer). The Company develops proprietary cloud-based software solutions to automate the marketing functions and activities of its customers.
- QSC, CA, Dec 2018 - QSC is currently seeking a CTO & EVP-Product Development to lead the company's product development strategy, vision, and execution. QSC is a globally recognized leader in the design, engineering and manufacture of award winning high performance audio products including power amplifiers, loudspeakers, digital mixers, digital signal processors(DSP), and the Q-SYS™ networked audio, video and control platform.
- Walmart, NJ, Dec 2018 - Walmart is searching a VP, Data Enablement, who will report to the Chief Data Officer. The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping.
- Leidos, VA, Dec 2018 - The Leidos Defense & Intelligence Group is currently seeking expertise to transform and build an end-to-end national-level security environment using DevOps to integrate, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and operate, multiple systems on traditional and cloud platforms in Reston and Tysons, VA.
- Kaiser Permanente, CA, May 2017- Chief Data Officer Matt Widwick went to Barclay’s as Head of Global Data Management on May 2017. The job has been open and listed on various sites.
- Equifax, GA, Nov 2018 - The Enterprise Data Officer will lead this function and will report to the Chief Data & Analytics Officer.
- ChenMed, FL, Jul 2018 - ChenMed, Miami based primary care medical centers for seniors, is seeking Chief Data Officer (CDO) who will be responsible for the design, development, deployment, maintenance, enhancement and support of hardware/software for structuring/organizing, storing, retrieving, analyzing, and reporting strategic enterprise information and operational/production data. The level of the role is unclear.
- Livongo, CA, Dec 2018 - The company is seeking a Chief Data Science Officer to scale the data science team to the next level, reporting directly to the Chief Medical Officer.
- Alignment Healthcare, CA, Dec 2018 - Alignment Healthcare is seeking a VP, Data Science who will be the primary source of leading analytics innovation. Alignment Healthcare is a data and technology driven healthcare company focused partnering with health systems, health plans and provider groups to provide care delivery that is preventive, convenient, coordinated, and that results in improved clinical outcomes for seniors.
Security Chiefs/ CISOs
- Mylan, PA, Aug 2018 - Mylan Inc is seeking a CISO who will lead Mylan's Global Information Security function, reporting directly to the Chief Administrative and Compliance Officer. Mylan N.V. is an American global generic and specialty pharmaceuticals company.
- Twitter, CA, March 2018 - Twitter’s CISO Michael Coates is leaving the company. Coates’ interim replacement is Joseph Camilleri, a senior manager for information security and risk.
- JDA Software, AZ, Dec 2018 - JDA is seeking a CISO, who will assist in maximizing the value derived from JDA’s security environment by designing, implementing, and supporting all facets of information security.
- 8x8, CA, Dec 2018 - 8x8 continues to execute on its vision and path a leading provider of enterprise cloud communications solutions and newly created a CISO leadership position, which will have a meaningful seat at the table with influence over the Chief Product Officer, Engineering, CEO and CFO while ensuring that 8x8 is seen as a leader in security.
- GuidePoint Security, FL, Aug 2018 - GuidePoint Security is seeking a CISO (“CISO”), who will be responsible for securing GuidePoint’s operations, both internally and client-facing. GuidePoint’s CISO also serves as GuidePoint’s CTO, and is responsible for GuidePoint’s technology decisions and implementations.
- Reciprocity, CA, Aug 2018 - Reciprocity is seeking a CISO, who will direct strategy and execute its internal Information Security Risk and Compliance Program. Reciprocity is changing the information security (InfoSec) landscape by providing companies an easy-to-use solution for managing compliance.
- Columbus State University, GA, Dec 2018 - The Department of University Information and Technology Services at Columbus State University has an immediate need for a CISO. The CISO reports to the VP, IT & CIO, is a member of the CIO leadership team and serves a key role in University leadership.
- Seattle Children's, WA, Aug 2018 - The children's hospital CISO serves as the senior information security leader and HIPAA Information Security Officer for Seattle Children’s. The position has primary accountability for providing strategic leadership and direction to develop information security practices that minimize risk and create a strong information security posture for Seattle Children’s.
Rest of the World
Open Tech Chief Roles
Chief Information Officers / CTOs as CIOs
- Eltek, Israel, Jul 2018 - Eltek Ltd. announced that it received notice from Mr. Avi Gal, the company's VP COO & CIO of his resignation due to personal reasons. Eltek Ltd. manufactures, markets, and sells printed circuit boards (PCBs) in Israel, Europe, North America, India, and internationally.
- Compagnie Financière Richemont, Switzerland, May 2018 - Dr. Jean-Jacques Van Oosten has relinquished his responsibilities as CTO of the Swiss luxury goods giant, for personal reasons after a brief period of the newly created role.
- Manila Electric Company, Philippines, Jun 2018 - The company announced that Mr. Ernie G. Imperial, VP and Head, Corporate Information and Technology of the company, will be resigning, to explore other career opportunities.
Chief Data Officers
- Publicis Groupe, France, Jul 2018 - Publicis Groupe chief data officer Jason Kodish announced his resignation. As Chief Data Officer, Kodish has been driving the collective power of the talent within the Data and Analytics practices within the Groupe, working as a leadership team that is uniting a team of more than 3,500 engineers, data scientists, analysts and tech leaders. The company is looking for Kodish's successor.
- Equiniti, UK, Dec 2018 - The UK-based Fin Tech and Business Process Outsourcer is searching for a CISO who will lead the Group Information Security team and is a member of the Group IT Leadership team. This role is essential to the IT and business strategy, by enabling Equiniti to maintain a competitive edge through its robust security management framework.
Recent Vell Placements
For Specific bios and announcements, please refer to our Website - www.vell.com
Carbonite (CARB), Online Backup for SMB (SaaS) - Board Members (2)
CEOs/ Presidents/ GMs
CTOs/ Engineering/ CIOs/CISOs
About Vell Executive Search
- Deep tech industry retained search experience
- More dedicated time as consultants have few parallel projects.
- Thorough understanding of your company’s business and culture
- Behavioral interviews and competency scorecards.
- Constant two-way, direct communication and 24 /7 availability.
- Insightful and detailed reference checking
- Broad reach of candidates: no hidden relationships. No off-limits.
- Analytics based search process.
Vell Executive Search
Boston, MA 02110