- Shoretel Announces New Chair. The telecom vendor providing unified communications for business, appointed Shane Robison, 63, a director of ShoreTel since February 2015, as Chairperson of the Board. xChair Chuck Kissner, 70, is stepping down but will remain on the board.
- Trakopolis IoT Appoints Tracy Graf as Chairman. The Calgary, Alberta located cloud based platform proider for interfacing mobile communications, software applications and location based services, appointed Tracy Graf as Chairman. He has extensive experience with capital markets and the telematics industry. He is co-founder and xCEO of Carfinco Financial Group.
Senior Leaders - CEOs/COOs/Division Heads Joining Boards
- Alphabet appointed Google’s Chief, Sundar Pichai, 45, to board.
- Texas Instruments Appointed its COO Brian T. Crutcher, 44, to Board.
- Infosys' products and platforms unit EdgeVerve’s M&A head and chief risk officer Deepak Padaki named as director on the board of Edgeverve.
- Citrix Systems appointed David J. Henshall, 49, as President, CEO and Director, succeeding Kirill Tatarinov.
- Seagate Technology plc appoints Dave Mosley, 50, Seagate's President and COO, as CEO and Director. xCEO Steve Luczo, 59, will transition to the role of Executive Chairman.
- Sanmina Corporation voted to appoint Bob Eulau as CEO and a member of the Board. Eulau has held the role of EVP and CFO of Sanmina since 2009. Jure Sola, Co-founder, Chairman and CEO will assume the role of Executive Chairman. Sola has served as Sanmina's CEO since 1991.
- Imperva has appointed 20-year technology veteran Christopher Hylen, 56, the former CEO of Citrix GetGo, as president, CEO and Director. Anthony Bettencourt, who currently serves as president and CEO, will remain chairman, and Allan Tessler will remain the lead independent director.
- Cardtronics, one of the the world's largest non-bank ATM operator, announced that CEO Steven A. Rathgaber will retire from his CEO and Director roles. Edward H. West, CFO and COO, will succeed Rathgaber as CEO and join the board as a Director.
- Intrinsyc Technologies, the solutions provider for the development and production of mobile, embedded, and Internet of Things (IoT) devices, has appointed the company's president and CEO since 2009, Tracy Rees, 55, as a director.
Independent Director Appointments – Bringing in Objectivity, Required Industry Expertise and Depth of Perspective
- Accenture Appoints Estee Lauder’s CFO Tracey T. Travis, 55, as Board Member
- PayPal appoints media exec and President, BBC Worldwide Ann Sarnoff, 55, to its Board of Directors.
- Altaba appointed New York State “Enery Czar” Richard L. Kauffman, 62, as newest independent director. Chairman of Energy & Finance for New York State
- Intuit appointed Deborah (Deb) Liu, leader of Facebook's developer and commerce businesses, to its board of directors.
- Autodesk appointed CEO of Applied Systems, Reid French, 46, to its Board of Directors.
- Amphenol Corporation named Retired EnerSys Chair/CEO John D. Craig, 66, to board of directors.
- Paychex’s board has appointed most recent EVP & CMO of FireEye Kara Wilson, 47, to board. Wilson is now CMO at Rubrik.
- HCL Technologies Appoints Chair & CEO of PWC India Deepak Kapoor, 58, as Independent Director to its board.
- First Data Elects xYahoo President & xGoogle exec Henrique De Castro, 51, as Board Member, increasing the board size from 8 to 9.
- CGI Group appointed Mike Pedersen as a new member of its board. He recently retired from his role as President and CEO of TD Bank.
- AMD appointed Abhi Y. Talwalkar, 53, xPresident and CEO of LSI Corporation, to board.
- Constellation Software’s newest board member is Lawrence Cunningham, 55, Henry St. George Tucker III Research Professor at George Washington University Law School.
- Cadence Design Systems elects former Frontier Communications’ CEO Mary Agnes Wilderotter, 62, as Director.
- Square increased the size of the board to nine directors and appointed Randy Garutti to the Board. Garutti has served as CEO and director of Shake Shack since April 2012.
- Veeva Systems appointed Mark Carges, 55, to board. Carges previously served as CTO at eBay and BEA Systems.
- Leidos appointed Frank Kendall III, 68, as a member of the Board. Kendall currently serves as executive in residence to aerospace and defense advisory firm Renaissance Strategic Advisors. Former Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics (AT&L).
- Marvell has appointed Gerri Elliott, 61, to its Board. She previously served as EVP and Chief Customer Officer for Juniper Networks.
- Teradyne appointed Marilyn Matz, 63, to Board. Co-Founder of Paradigm4, the creators of SciDB and Cognex, a leader in vision systems.
- PTC appointed Dr. Corinna Lathan, CEO, Co-Founder, and Board Chair of AnthroTronix, as newest board member. PTC reported the death of Renato (Ron) Zambonini, a member of the PTC Board of Directors, passed away on July 23, 2017.
- Enterprise security company Proofpoint appointed Michael Johnson as a new independent director. He currently serves as SVP and CISO of Capital One Financial Corporation. Prior, he served as the CIO for the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Digital communications firm ViaSat appointed Varsha Rao, 47, to its Board. Rao is the former Head of Global Operations at Airbnb.
- Former VMware EVP William D. Fathers, 48, joins Ciena as Director
- RingCentral appoints former Yahoo! CFO Kenneth Goldman as newest Board Member
- Cloud communications platform as a service company Twilio appointed Jeff Epstein as the member of the Board. Jeff is an operating partner at Bessemer Venture Partners. xEVP and CFO of Oracle.
- Rogers Corporation appoints retired Delphi Automotive CTO Jeffrey J. Owens to Board
- comScore, the leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behaviour, appointed five new members to the Board: Lisa Gersh, former CEO of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia; Mark Harris, CFO of Hercules Capital; Jacques Kerrest, CFO of Intelsat; Joshua Peirez, President of Dun & Bradstreet and Susan Riley, former CFO of Eastern Outfitters, The Children’s Place, and other consumer companies.
- Real-time open source big data integration software company Talend named Former Outerwall interim CEO and SVP of Big Data Nora Denzel to its board.
- IoT security solutions provider Delve Labs named xCore Security CEO Mark Hatton as director. Hatton currently serves as senior advisor of Providence Strategic Growth. xPresident of North America for Sophos.
- AMI Global (AMI), the developer of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Internet of Agriculture (IoA) engineering solutions, appointed Jens Ulrik Hansen, Managing Director of Cimbria Capital, to its Board.
- Intel Senior Leader Stacy Smith to Retire from Executive as well as Board Role. Stacy Smith, 54, group president of manufacturing, operations and sales, is retiring after more than 30 years at the company. Smith will stay on board through the end of January.
- D. Mark Durcan, 56, resigned as CEO and Board Member of Micron Technology. Durcan will retire from the Company, but will continue to provide advisory services to the Company through December 2017.
- Nancy E. Cooper, 63, a director of Teradata, will retire from the Board. She is retired CFO of CA Technologies.
- Philip Dayer, 66, has retired as a Director and Senior Independent Director of AVEVA Group Plc, the engineering software provider for the plant and marine industries.
- Self-service data analytics firm Alteryx announced the retirement of Douglas F. Garn, 59, as Board Member. He is former CEO of Quest Software.
- Elizabeth J. Huebner, 59, who has served as a director of Blucora since 2009, is retiring from the Board. She is xCFO of Getty Images.
- Tata Consulting Services’ (TCS) Director Ms. Aarthi Subramanian, 50, steps down from the Tata Board to become Chief Digital Officer of the parent company.
- Margaret C. Whitman, 61, steps down as Chairman and Board Member of HP Inc., while remaining at the helm of HP Enterprise. Chip Bergh, 59, Lead Independent Director and CEO of Levi Strauss, is named independent Chairman of the board.
- Ericsson's announced resignation of Leif Johansson, 65, as Chairman of Board of Directors in 2018.
- Vantiv announced that Lars Anderson, 56, the Fifth Third Bank COO & EVP, resigned from the company's board.
- Greg R. Gianforte, 56, resigned from the Board of Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO). Gianforte resigned as a result of his election to the U.S. House of Representatives. Greg was the Founder of Rightnow Technologies in September 1995 and served as its CEO from 1999 to 2012.
- Douglas Garn, 59, resigned from the Board of Directors of enterprise security company Proofpoint. He is former CEO of Quest Software.
Board Moves Due to Shareholder Activism, M&A Activities or Other Reasons
Infosys Announces Board Changes After Accusations for Corporate Governance Lapses
Infosys Board approved the appointment of Nandan Nilekani, 62, as the Non Executive Chairman of the Board. He is also one of the co-founders of Infosys and served as its CEO from 2002 to 2007.
D. Sundaram, 63, also joins as an Independent Director. Sundaram is currently the Vice-Chairman and MD of TVS Capital Funds.
The company accepted the resignation of R. Seshasayee, 69, as the Chairman of the Board and as a director. Ravi Venkatesan, 54, stepped down from his role as Co-Chairman but will continue on the Board.
Also stepping down from the Board are recently outgoing CEO Dr. Vishal Sikka, 50, and board members Prof. Jeffrey Lehman, 60, and Prof. John Etchemendy, 64 each of whom welcomed the appointment of the new Chairman.
The struggle between Infosys and its founders began in February this year after founder and former chairman Narayana Murthy accused the company of corporate governance lapses.
Uber Witnesses Board Shuffle for Damage Control
David Trujillo, 40, a TPG Capital principal, replaced outgoing Uber director David Bonderman, 74, who stepped down from the company after having made sexist remarks to a fellow board member.
Benchmark Capital Partner Bill Gurley, 51, also left Uber’s board, replaced by another Benchmark Partner Matt Cohler, 40.
Mobileye Announces Board Members after Intel Acquisition
Intel’s newest subsidiary Mobileye, the leading developer of vision technology for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving, appointed Tiffany D. Silva and David J. Miles as executive directors, and Nicholas J. Hudson, Mark L. Legaspi and Gary Kershaw as non-executive directors of the company.
Cypress Semiconductor Goes Through Board Shuffle after Corporate Governance Mayhem
Cypress Semiconductor’s Executive Chairman Ray Bingham, 71, has tendered his resignation and is stepping down from the Board. Eric Benhamou, 61, has stepped down as Lead Independent Director but will remain on the Board. The Board has appointed current independent director W. Steve Albrecht, 70, as its new Chairman. He currently serves on the Boards of Directors of Red Hat and SkyWest currently.
Wilbert van den Hoek, 60, resigned as director of Cypress Semiconductor, while the company added Dan McCranie, 73, and Camillo Martino, 55, to the board.
Date Range: June 11th - August 25th