- HP Inc. Margaret C. Whitman, 61, steps down as Chairman and Board Member. Chip Bergh, 59, Lead Independent Director is named independent Chairman of the board.
- Paychex’s board has appointed most recent EVP & CMO of FireEye Kara Wilson, 47, to board. Wilson is now CMO at Rubrik.
- HCL Technologies Appoints Chair & CEO of PWC India Deepak Kapoor, 58, as Independent Director to its board.
- CGI Group names CEO of TD Bank, Mike Pedersen, 56, to its Board of Directors.
- AMD Appoints President & CEO, LSI Corporation, Abhi Y. Talwalka, 53, to Board of Directors.
- Constellation Software’s newest board member is Lawrence Cunningham, 55. Henry St. George Tucker III Research Professor at George Washington University Law School.
- Cadence Design Systems Elects Former Frontier Communications’ CEO Mary Agnes Wilderotter, 62, as Director.
- PTC reported the death of Renato (Ron) Zambonini, a member of the PTC Board of Directors, passed away on July 23, 2017.
- Teradyne appointed Marilyn Matz, 63, to Board. Co-Founder of Paradigm4, the creators of SciDB and Cognex, a leader in vision systems.
Companies that have had one or two executive announcements of note, but not many other appointments we cover in this post:
Note: for more open roles; look into our Open CEO Roles Newsletters and Open Tech Roles Newsletters.
- Avaya’s new CEO is COO and Global Sales leader Jim Chirico, 59.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise has promoted Antonio Neri, 50, to President. Neri served as EVP and GM, Enterprise Group.
- Tinder looking for CEO. Greg Blatt, 49, Chair &CEO, Match Group until 1/2018 is iCEO.
- Yellow Pages Ltd. is looking for a new CEO. President & CEO Julien Billot, 49, has departed with CFO Ken Taylor, 53, being named as interim President and CEO.
- Cerner is looking for a New CEO - Cerner Corporation announced that Neal Patterson, chairman and CEO, passed away on July 9, 2017, at 68 years of age, due to unexpected complications that arose after a recent recurrence of a previously disclosed cancer. Cerner Co-Founder and Vice Chairman of the Board Cliff Illig, 66, has been named chairman and interim CEO.
- Match promotes CEO, Match Americas, Mandy Ginsberg, 48, to CEO. IAC CEO Joey Levin becomes Chairman effective 1/2018.
- Edtech Ellucian CEO Jeff Ray, 62, retires. Peter Sinisgalli is exec chairman while company looks for new CEO.
- Amazon Appoints USCIS CIO Mark Schwartz as Enterprise Strategist for Amazon Web Services.
- Oracle's Systems boss bails amid deafening silence over Solaris fate: John F. Fowler, 56, resigned as EVP, Systems at Oracle.
- Salesforce.com Appoints Teradata MD Sunil Jose Country Leader for India.
- Greg Lee, CEO, Samsung North America Joins Nokia as President, Technologies.
- Infor Appoints Cisco Exec Ms. Mayumi Hiramatsu as SVP of Cloud Operations.
- Capgemini Appoints Alexander Korogodsky as Global Head of Analytics.
- FleetCor Technologies Promotes Steve Greene to President of Global Fuel Cards, reporting to the CEO.
- Sabre Corp. announced that it has named Joe DiFonzo as CIO
- Athenahealth is looking for a new CFO. CFO Karl Stubelis, 51, leaves & board member Jack Kane, 64, is iCFO.
- Juniper Networks Appoints CTO Bikash Koley from Google where he is currently a Distinguished Engineer and the Head of Network Architecture, Engineering and Planning.
Apple Names Sales Exec as Chief People Officer; Hires top TV Talent from Sony; Appoints China Head
Apple announced that Deirdre O’Brien, VP of Worldwide Sales and Operations, has been named VP of People, reporting to CEO Tim Cook. Deirdre will lead all HR functions including talent development, recruiting, benefits, compensation and business support, as well as overseeing Apple University.
Apple has tapped longtime Sony Pictures Television presidents Zack Van Amburg and Jamie Erlicht for newly created posts overseeing worldwide video-related efforts at the tech giant. Apple reps declined to delineate what exactly Van Amburg and Erlicht will be doing, but the best bet is they will continue to crank out more original programming for Apple Music, though their efforts won’t be contained to the subscription service.
Apple appointed Isabel Ge Mahe as VP and MD of Greater China, reporting to CEO Tim Cook and COO Jeff Williams. Isabel has led Apple’s wireless technologies software engineering teams for nine years, focusing on development of cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, location and motion technologies for nearly every Apple product.
Microsoft Announces Departure of Jim Dubois as CIO; Appoints New President in Russia
Microsoft CIO Jim DuBois is leaving the company. DuBois is a more than 20-year Microsoft veteran who became the company's interim CIO in 2013 and permanent CIO the following year. He went on sabbatical earlier 2017.
Microsoft promotes Russia COO T. Bochenek to President & COO, Russia.
Samsung Electronics Appoints CEO for NA, Mobile Marketing Chief and New Head for China
Samsung Electronics promoted Tim Baxter to President and CEO of Samsung Electronics NA. Baxter will continue to oversee all aspects of SEA including sales, marketing and operations across product categories. In his expanded role, Baxter will also oversee the company's long-term strategy for the region, which encompasses both U.S. and Canadian markets.
The tech giant named a new head of mobile marketing and a new China chief as part of an executive reshuffle designed to prevent a “decline” in momentum following the arrest of its vice chairman. Choi Kyung-sik is the new head of mobile marketing. EVP Choi Kyung-sik had been promoted to lead the mobile division’s strategic marketing office as part of a shake-up at the product businesses such as smartphones and televisions. Choi’s predecessor, Lee Sang-chul, had been reassigned to oversee Southeast Asian operations.
Samsung Electronics has also appointed Kwon Kye hyun as new head for China, where Samsung’s smartphone sales have struggled to regain momentum amid competition from the likes of Huawei Technologies Co Ltd, OPPO and Vivo.
AT&T New Ad & Analytics Head; Time Warner M&A Leads to Leadership Changes and Few Other Reshuffle Noted
AT&T named Brian Lesser as CEO of Advertising & Analytics Business, to build the business using the company's unique customer data and growing content assets. Lesser joins the company from GroupM North America, where he was CEO.
AT&T’s merger with Time Warner will result in several changes.
- Global Marketing Officer, Lori Lee, 51, will assume leadership of AT&T International.
- John Stankey, 54, is slated to become CEO, AT&T Media company, after assuming the leadership role of the merger, working with Jeff Bewkes, 64, Chair & CEO of Time Warner.
Other moves at AT&T:
- VP, Business Solutions Unit exec Matt Hickey is now VP of Global Public Sector Channel Marketing.
- Rob Dapkiewicz is named VP-Federal Civilian in its Global Public Sector Organization. Dapkiewicz replaces Mike Leff in this role. Leff moves to VP, Strategy and Operations for the Global Public Sector..
- Betsy Francis was appointed as New VP and GM to oversee mobility and consumer markets in the Mid-Atlantic States.
Intel Appoints Mobileye Prof. Amnon Shashua as CEO of the Vision based Advanced Driver Assistance Company & SVP Intel
Intel’s acquisition of Mobileye is expected to accelerate innovation for the automotive industry and positions Intel as a leading technology provider in the fast-growing market for highly and fully autonomous vehicles. Mobileye will remain headquartered in Israel and led by Prof. Amnon Shashua, 57, who will serve as Intel SVP and Mobileye CEO and CTO. In addition, Ziv Aviram, 58, Mobileye Co-Founder, President and CEO, is retiring from the company, effective immediately.
Cisco Security & Networking EVP and Many Regional Appointments
Cisco promoted SVP & GM of the Networking and Security Division David Goeckeler to EVP, leading a global team of over 20,000 engineers responsible for networking and security technology development and market strategy.
Middle East & Africa: Cisco promoted long timer David Meads to VP, Middle East and Africa operations. Meads will be responsible for the execution of Cisco's digital disruption strategy on the two continents.
Ali Amer, former VP and GM EMEA for Motorola Networks, has been appointed MD for global service provider sales in the Middle East and Africa at Cisco.
Cisco appointed Engineer Haytham AlOhali as Managing Director for Cisco Saudi Arabia and succeeds Engineer Abdullah Alswaha, who has recently been appointed Saudi Minister of Communication and Information Technology.
Cisco hired Dell/ EMC exec Ms. Rola Dagher as the new president of Cisco Canada, taking over from Bernadette Wightman, who has successfully completed her contract in Canada and is returning to the UK.
Cisco hires Dell India's Sameer Garde as India Head, following Dinesh Malkani’s resignation.
SAP North American Chiefs Expand Roles; Beefs Up Human Capital Management Unit, SuccessFactors; iTeam to Clean South African Corruption
SAP North America Chiefs Take on Expanded Challenges
- Stephen Shute, 56, assumes the new role of EVP and chief business officer for the Americas and Asia Pacific Japan (APJ). Over the past two years, Shute served as COO for North America. Prior to SAP, Shute held senior executive roles at Allscripts and IBM.
- Donald J. (DJ) Paoni is elevated to the position of president of Sales for North America.
- Dave Spencer moves into the role of COO for North America, a promotion from the MD, Eastern Region & COO roles.
SAP Beefs up HCM Business Unit SuccessFactors
- 19 year SAP veteran and former head of SAP Hana Enterpise Cloud Business, Greg Tomb is president, SAP SuccessFactors.
- Workday exec Amy Wilson joins the HCM Business as global head of Product.
- xCA and xTaleo exec James Harvey is hired global head of Engineering and Service Delivery Operations.
- SAP promotes COO, Asia Pacific & Japan (APJ) Scott Russell to President of the same region.
- SAP Cleans out African Bosses due to Corruption Probe and Builds iTeam: veteran exec Claas Kuehnemann will be interim boss, and Peter David, will be interim CFO. In addition to his EMEA responsibilities; Ashley Boag – iCOO; and Pieter Bouwer South African MD.
Accenture Appoints Estee Lauder’s CFO as Board Member; Builds Analytics Strength; Hires Diversity Powerhouse
Accenture named Tracey T. Travis, 55, to its Board of Directors. Travis is EVP and CFO of The Estee Lauder Companies. She also currently serves on the board of Lincoln Center Theatre and is a trustee on the board of overseers of Columbia University's Graduate School of Business.
Accenture has acquired Search Technologies. Kamran Khan, president and CEO of Search Technologies, will lead a new Content Analytics team within Accenture Analytics.
Accenture has hired Michelle Gadsden-Williams to lead inclusion and diversity in North America. In this role, she will be responsible for further strengthening and accelerating the company's efforts to foster an inclusive culture. She was co-founder and CEO of Ceiling Breakers. Prior to founding her own business, Gadsden-Williams served as the global head of diversity and inclusion at Credit Suisse and as chief diversity officer at Novartis.
Tata Consulting Services Board Member become Chief Digital Officer; Appoints Global CMO
TCS’ Director Ms. Aarthi Subramanian, 50, steps down from the Tata Board to become Chief Digital Officer of the parent company. TCS also promoted Ravi Viswanathan to global CMO.
Applied Materials Gets New CFO from NXP Semiconductors
Applied Materials, the global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries, announced that Dan Durn, 50, joins from NXP Semiconductions as SVP and will be named CFO. Bob Halliday, 63, who is planning to retire in 2018, remains to ensure a smooth transition.
BT Group Announces Several Management Changes
A full merger of BT’s newly acquired consumer mobile division, EE and the parent entity will create a fully integrated telecommunications powerhouse. Marc Allera, CEO, EE is now leading both BT's Consumer and EE businesses. After almost four years as CEO of BT Consumer, and 13 years in BT, John Petter has announced he is stepping down to pursue roles outside the group.
Cathryn Ross, currently CEO of Ofwat, the water sector regulator in England and Wales, joins BT as its new Director of Regulatory Affairs. Her appointment follows the decision of Sean Williams, Chief Strategy Officer, BT Group, who is leaving the company.
British Telecom promoted COO, BT Americas Jennifer Artley to President, BT Americas. She replaces Bas Burger, who was named CEO of BT's Global Services business in May 2017.
VMware Beefs up its Top Team with Two Female Execs from eBay & Avaya
VMware hires eBay’s Claire Dixon to the post of SVP and chief communications officer. VMware hires Avaya’s Amy Fliegelman Olli, 53, to the post of SVP and general counsel.
Intuit Hires Female Facebook Exec as Board Member; Loses SVP Finance to Twitter
Intuit appointed Deborah (Deb) Liu to its board of directors. Liu currently leads Facebook's developer and commerce businesses. Her experience includes eBay, where she was director of product for the end-to-end buyer experience, and PayPal where she was the product director for eBay business, social commerce, and charity. She also spearheaded the integration between eBay and PayPal. Liu was previously a consultant at Boston Consulting Group.
Ned Segal, 42, SVP of Finance for the Small Business Group at Intuit, has left. He has joined twitter as CFO.
Infosys Extreme Makeover to Address Performance Issues
- Chairman Ramaswami Seshasayee, 69, announced that he will complete the remaining part of his tenure and retire from his position in May 2018.
- Sandeep Dadlani, 42, President at the company, resigned from the company.
- Gopi Krishnan Radhakrishnan, Acting General Counsel, resigned from the company.
- Infosys' products and platforms unit EdgeVerve’s global head and chief business officer for Edge Products, Anirban Dey has resigned.
- Former SAP executive Yusuf Bashir, who used to head Infosys’ corporate venture arm, has resigned.
- Ritika Suri, an EVP and Global Head of Corporate Development & Ventures, handling large deals at Infosys, has resigned from the company, after a little over a year at the role.
- MD of TVS Capital Funds, D. Sundaram, 63, has been appointed as an Independent Director of the company.
- Hirings from Infoscions - Karmesh Vaswani as the Global Head Retail, CPG & Logistics (RCL) and Nitesh Banga as the Global Head of Manufacturing.
- M&A head Deepak Padaki, also the company's chief risk officer, as director on the board of Edgeverve.
Analog Devices Announces Management Appointments
Rick Hess, EVP, Analog Devices, has been named a Strategic Advisor reporting to CEO Vincent Roche.
Three new business groups, headed by three individuals who were promoted:
- Greg Henderson to SVP, Automotive, Communications, and Aerospace & Defense.
- Yusuf Jamal to SVP, Industrial, Healthcare, Consumer, and IoT Solutions and Security.
- Former Linear Technology executive Steve Pietkiewicz to SVP, Power Products.
Autodesk Appoints New Board Member; co- iCEO & CMO becomes CEO; co-iCEO and CPO Resigns
Autodesk appointed CEO of Applied Systems, Reid French, 46, to its Board of Directors. Autodesk’s new CEO is Andrew Anagnost, 52, current interim co-CEO and CMO. He was appointed after an extensive outside search. Amar Hanspal, 54, SVP, chief product officer and interim co-CEO, has decided to leave the company.
Ericsson’s Chairman resigns and New Division President Announced
Ericsson's announced resignation of Leif Johansson, 65, as Chairman of Board of Directors in 2018. Steve R. Nylund, 49, is to take over as head of Ericsson's head of Broadcast and Media Services.
First Data’s New Board Member and New EVP
- First Data Elects xYahoo President & xGoogle exec Henrique De Castro, 51, as Board Member, increasing the board size from 8 to 9.
- Jeff Shanahan, 39, CEO of acquired company CardConnect is appointed EVP of the Company.
Twitter Announces CFO Changes; Appoints Candi Castleberry-Singleton as VP of Inclusion and Diversity
Twitter appointed Ned Segal, 42, as CFO. Segal most recently served as SVP of Finance for the Small Business Group at Intuit, where he led financial and strategic planning for the company's $2.5 billion division that delivers QuickBooks, Payments and Payroll to millions of customers.
Segal will assume the CFO role from Anthony Noto, 49, Twitter's COO and CFO. Noto will continue to serve as Twitter's COO, the position he assumed in November 2016.
A former UPMC executive Candi Castleberry-Singleton, 51, has been hired as VP of inclusion and diversity at Twitter. Castleberry-Singleton had been chief inclusion officer at UPMC but departed in July 2015 to take the Dignity & Respect Campaign she developed at the hospital network to other corporations. She launched the UPMC Center for Engagement and Inclusion in 2008 and had previously implemented successful initiatives at Motorola and Sun Microsystems.
Citrix Systems Announces New CEO and Interim CFO
Citrix Systems appointed David J. Henshall, 49, as President, CEO and Director of the company. Henshall succeeds Kirill Tatarinov who stepped down from his roles as President, CEO and Director. Mark M. Coyle has been appointed as Interim CFO, succeeding Henshall as the principal financial officer of the company. Henshall, has served as the company’s EVP and CFO since 2011 and as the company’s COO since 2014. Coyle has served as SVP, Finance, of the company since 2015, leading the company’s global finance, accounting, treasury, tax and real estate teams.
Citrix has appointed x Microsoft exec Makarand Joshi as its area VP and country head for Citrix in the Indian subcontinent.
This Blog Post Covers the Giant Tech Companies from June 11 to August 9, 2017