This Policy is the sole authorized statement of Vell's practices with respect to the online collection of personally identifiable information through the Site and the usage of such information.
Vell is a premier provider of executive search.
The Information We Collect
Vell collects personally identifiable information (that is, information from which an individual can be identified, such as full name, email address and physical address) and other information that visitors to the Site choose to provide to us, for example when sending us your resume or signing up for the "Vell Connection" newsletter, when uploading or building a resume, in responding to employment opportunities posted on the Site, when taking assessment tests or when contacting us via email. We also collect information from our clients and others in the course of the various Search Services that we provide, as well as by conducting research using the Internet and other resources.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, minors younger than eighteen years of age.
How we Use and Disclose The Information We Collect
We generally use the information that we collect for the purposes for which it is provided and to enhance our Search Services. The following paragraphs describe various specific ways in which we may use personally identifiable and other information. These descriptions are examples, and should not be considered as a complete list of the ways in which we may use or disclose information we have collected.
1. Information Concerning Candidates.
- Identifying positions of interest. We use information that we have collected concerning candidates to identify professional opportunities that we think may be of interest. We may contact potential candidates from time to time regarding such opportunities.
- Providing data to clients and references. We generally provide personally identifiable information regarding candidates to prospective employers or reference sources only if the candidate has requested or otherwise consented that we do so. However, on rare occasions we are engaged to conduct highly confidential searches for senior executives, and on those rare occasions, prospective candidates' information may be provided to the client without the candidate's prior request or knowledge. In addition, through our Board Search Services practice we recruit senior level individuals with broad ranges of experience to become Board members for selected clients. When Vell is retained in connection with a search for a client's Board of Directors it is possible that information may be provided to the client without the candidate's prior request or knowledge
- Refining our Search Services. We may use information that we collect concerning candidates for purposes of developing and improving our Search Services, and for purposes of collecting and disclosing diversity statistics and other statistical information regarding our candidates and placement activities.
2. Client Data. We collect information pertaining to our clients, including business contact information, and retain and use such information in providing our Search Services. We may contact you from time to time regarding your needs and the services that we provide.
3. Other Uses of Information.
- Updating your data. We may contact you from time to time to ensure that the information we have collected about you is accurate and current.
- Responding to inquiries. If you contact us by email through the Site, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and we may use any information you provide in your message to respond to your inquiry.
- Other communications. Vell may send from time to time informational or promotional e-mails concerning its Search Services.
- Disclosure to service providers. Vell works with third parties who provide services that may include, but are not necessarily limited to, assessment services, including assessment validation services, website hosting, data analysis, resume verification, background checking and other administrative and back-up and security services. We reserve the right to share personally identifiable and other information with such third parties for the purpose of providing their services. In addition, our software development partners may use such information for purposes of modifying, improving, refining and validating their technology, and research and development.
- Disclosure to affiliates. We share the information that we collect with our affiliated companies and we may share the information that we collect with our strategic partners.
- Compliance; emergencies. Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to use and release any information that we have collected when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, that unlawful activity may have taken place, to enforce our other policies or published guidelines, to protect the rights, property, safety or security of Vell, our visitors or the public, or to respond to an emergency.
Use Of Data By Clients and Others.
We cannot and do not assume any responsibility for the actions or omissions of third parties, such as clients, service providers or strategic partners, including the manner in which they use information received either from Vell or from other independent sources.
The Site may contain links to other Internet websites, including co-branded or other affiliated sites which may or may not be owned or operated by Vell.. Unless otherwise expressly stated, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, including such sites' use of any information collected through cookies or other technologies when visitors to the Site click through links to those sites. You should review the privacy policies associated with such sites to understand how their operators collect and use information. THIS POLICY DOES NOT ADDRESS THE PRIVACY OR INFORMATION PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD PARTIES.
Vell may monitor visitor traffic patterns throughout the Site by logging Tracking Data, which is collected automatically from each Site visitor. Tracking Data may include information such as the IP address of the visitor's computer, its browser type and operating system, the referring site, which pages of the Site were visited, the order in which they were visited and which hyperlinks were "clicked."
Vell may use Tracking Data and other non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our visitors, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Site. We may provide this information to affiliates, current and potential clients, and other business partners.
We may use "cookies" - that is, small text files placed on a visitor's computer hard drive - and other technologies to help us determine information such as the type of content to which a visitor to the Site links, and the length of time each visitor spends at any particular area of the Site. Vell cookies are only read by Vell servers and are unable to execute any code or virus.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences). If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use those services that require you to sign in.
Vell may from time to time sponsor special features or promotions on the Site and additional privacy information may be posted. That privacy information, to the extent it conflicts with this Policy, will govern that particular feature or promotion.
Changing or Deleting Personal Information
Vell has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of visitor information which is under our control. Unfortunately, however, no security system, or system of transmitting data over the Internet, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee the security of our servers, the means by which information is transmitted between your computer and Vell servers, or any information provided to us or to any third party through or in connection with the Site.
Vell reserves the right to transfer, without your further consent, any and all information that we collect from visitors, or that we otherwise collect concerning the Site, to a third party in connection with a strategic alliance with such third party, or in the event of a sale of our company or one of our affiliates, a merger or consolidation involving Vell or one of its affiliates, or a sale or transfer of assets or of any portion of our business or the business of one or more of our affiliates.
Offline vs. Online Practices
Please note that this Policy applies solely to our online information-gathering and dissemination practices in connection with the Site in the United States, and does not apply to any of our practices conducted offline or outside the United States.