1. Management Review
- Interview company executives about the opportunity, including business models, customers, competition, culture, the role, and the search.
2. Search Strategy, Position Specification and Scorecard
- Gain thorough working knowledge of client’s position in the industry through discussions, analyst reports, and internal documents.
- Create a search strategy document outlining possible sources of candidates for discussion with client.
- Finalize position specification and scorecard.
3. Strategic Market Identification of Candidates
- Identify prospects and sources in Vell database.
- Mine external databases, subscribed and public, and other sources such as conferences, industry events, and target companies.
- Circulate position specification/scorecard to extensive list of industry contacts.
4. Marketing the Search
- Execute e-mail campaign to extensive targeted list of contacts.
- Leverage social networks.
- Aggressively call target list of candidates.
5. Candidate Screening and Evaluation
- Review candidate pipeline weekly to calibrate the search with the client.
- Behavioral interview of selected candidates and assessment against core competencies.
6. Presentation of Shortlist to Client
7. Reference Checking and Offer Presentation
- Reference checking includes lengthy, confidential conversations with at least six executives. We also conduct blind reference checks.
- Our reference report includes recommendations for supporting the executive.
- We help formulate an appropriate compensation package and act as a middleman in the negotiation.
- We stay in touch with the client and the placement to provide assistance if necessary.
For a graphical view of the search process click here.